Increased Critical Hit Chance: 1%

Omegaton Ranger Scope MK II
Increased Critical Hit Chance: 2%

Omegaton Laser Sight MK I
Increased Critical Damage: 10%

Omegaton Laser Sight MK II
Increased Critical Damage: 20%

Last edited:
I'll give you 10k and an energetic bunny.

price check please :)

Omegaton Ranger Scope MK I
Increased Critical Hit Chance: 1%

Omegaton Ranger Scope MK II
Increased Critical Hit Chance: 2%

Omegaton Laser Sight MK I
Increased Critical Damage: 10%

Omegaton Laser Sight MK II
Increased Critical Damage: 20%

It was hard to see (at least for me)

It really depends on the decay.

And since the decay is a static figure, the benefit is bigger, the bigger the dmg output of your gun is (just as a side note).

Personally I can't see them being worth more then 500 ped tbh as I would consider them pretty useless, unless ofc the decay is minimal.

Angel

Personally I can't see them being worth more then 500 ped tbh as I would consider them pretty useless, unless ofc the decay is minimal.

For normal hunting maybe, but a higher crit chance in pk is worth a lot more (especially if a crit kills and 2 normal hits doesn't) and there is no need to care about decay

20-40K depending on decay

Is it me, or are the sights a better prize than the scopes. 1% more crit damage versus 10% more damage when you crit.
the first gives you one extra crit on each 100 crits; the latter gives you 10xcrit damage for 100 crits. So a sight is 10 times more eco in damage output than a scope.

scope: 101 crits versus 100 (102 for II)
sight after 100 crits you have done the extra damage of 10 crits (20 for II)

So give me the laser-sight anyday in stead of the scope.

The MK II scope gives you 2% extra crits chance and MK I gives 1% extra crits chance, the normal amount of crits on a maxed weapon is ~2% so with the scopes you have 3 or 4%, without you will have 2/100 shots crits with scopes 3 or 4/100 crits, the 10% from lasers is 10% of the critical damage, if a crit is 200 without laser it will be 220 with laser that adds 10%

Is it me, or are the sights a better prize than the scopes. 1% more crit damage versus 10% more damage when you crit.
the first gives you one extra crit on each 100 crits; the latter gives you 10xcrit damage for 100 crits. So a sight is 10 times more eco in damage output than a scope.

scope: 101 crits versus 100 (102 for II)
sight after 100 crits you have done the extra damage of 10 crits (20 for II)

So give me the laser-sight anyday in stead of the scope.

the first gives you one extra crit on each 100 crits

I don't believe that is accurate. These should work similarly to the deathbringers crown. Your standard crit rate is 1% of shots. These will add an additional 1 or 2% chance on top of the default 1% chance.

I don't believe that is accurate. These should work similarly to the deathbringers crown. Your standard crit rate is 1% of shots. These will add an additional 1 or 2% chance on top of the default 1% chance.

Indeed this may be the correct interpretation; although we don't know for sure. And you're sure the standard crit rate is only 1/100? I have the feeling it's more.
But lets say you reasoning is true. Then we need to determine the standard crit rate; which should be higher than 1/100. If it is 1/100 than the double crit rate would be 5 times higher value than a 10% increase. Though should it be 1/20 shots; that everage should only rate it at 2 times higher value.
I should look into the average crit rate; sure someone has tested this out before.

Bad Math:)

Last edited:
soo....this is still a price check thread?

ideas on value of scope I and scope II and sight I and sight II based on deathbringer as model?

Brick

Its all dependant of the decay of the new scope and sights, might be pricy extra dmg.

The death ringer crown costs nothing per shot, those cost in decay everytime you shoot.

Let's bump this, soon I have to sell one of them lasers:cool:

Indeed this may be the correct interpretation; although we don't know for sure. And you're sure the standard crit rate is only 1/100? I have the feeling it's more.
But lets say you reasoning is true. Then we need to determine the standard crit rate; which should be higher than 1/100. If it is 1/100 than the double crit rate would be 5 times higher value than a 10% increase. Though should it be 1/20 shots; that everage should only rate it at 2 times higher value.
I should look into the average crit rate; sure someone has tested this out before.

I found out that the avarage critical rate is 2%; so an extra 1 or 2 would make your critical rate 50%/100% higher. now, this would be 5x the extra damage than the 10%/20% for the extra crit damage ot the sights.
Now only decay needs to be known

I found out that the avarage critical rate is 2%; so an extra 1 or 2 would make your critical rate 50%/100% higher. now, this would be 5x the extra damage than the 10%/20% for the extra crit damage ot the sights.
Now only decay needs to be known

you need to get your facts together:) that's not 50% / 100% or 5X extra

That 2% we all have is a RESULTS of a formula where Critical Hit Ability is involved and that is 10/10 when maxxed

So at 10/10 we have 2% crit rate

apply 2% to that 10/10 and you get the new crit rate

Not sure how Ma applies 2% to 10/10, might be 12/10 (like accuracy enhancers or nanobots) which I think so

In the end I think with the scope we will have around ~2,5% crit rate instead of ~2%

2% is applied to the formula to which it results those 2% you are talking about not the the end result of 2%, remember that:)

And n the other hand if we compare it to nanobots (accuracy and kill strike) kill strike are 2 times more expensive and they provide just 10% more crit damage

So I think we need to see the items first, test them and draw the conclusions after:)

Bettlejus; if that would be the case; than you wouldn't want first place; since that could effectively make lasers more efficient.
But lets not draw conclusions before the items are released.

It says "Increased Critical Hit Chance: 2%" if you have 2% critical hit chance and you add 2% to that, does not that mean you will have 4% critical hit chance? in that case it really is an 100% increase in critical hit chances ;)

And n the other hand if we compare it to nanobots (accuracy and kill strike) kill strike are 2 times more expensive and they provide just 10% more crit damage

That was/is due to the candy cranes.

About the formula, I thought it would mean it adds 2% to the existing 2%, but i guess we will have to test that to really know, that's just what i immediatly thought, which ofc might be wrong!

What I'm also very curious about is if the effects of nanobots and scopes/sights will add up or if only the stronger one counts! which would make the scope an unL nanobot ;P

Regards
Thark

well you have D on Math stay down!:laugh:

I will count one of my hours done with Candy Cranes ( 1% more crit chances) and let you guys know the results of just 1% more, then maybe we can say what would 2% bring

well you are wrong about my math beeing bad, it's actually pretty good.

but you are right about it probably working differently. I didn't note my critrate during MM but i found some footage showing that i actually had a crit rate close to 2.3% during two runs with candy cranes. even though it's only two runs it's far enough away from 3% to speculate it might work as you said with 12/10 using some formula. which works out nicely if 10/10 is 2%; 1/10 is 0.2% if not completely nonlinear.

I don't think scopes/sights will work completely different but maybe they will, i sure hope so!

Regards
Thark

adding 1-2% to make 3-4% crit rate out weighs 10-20% damage on 1-2% rate of hit for most things.

Crit rate is typically 1-2% (it varies like all EU things some hunts you can crit 20 times sometimes none.)

But lets say it was linear and we got 2 crits per 100 shots.

On my weapon (assassin R150), I hit for 80-140, a crit is about 220-280.

SIGHT
I would add 22-28 damage per crit for mk1 (10%)
If I hit 2 crits per 100 I get 44-56 extra damage,
mk1 = I get 44-56 extra damage (2/100 crits)
mk2 = I get 88-112 extra damage (2/100 crits)

SCOPE
If I hit 2 crits per 100 I get 440-560 damage, of this 160-280 is already base so we get a benefit of 280 damage for the crits (140 each crit).

mk1 = I would get 140 extra damage approx(3/100 crits) (140 damage is extra from of original base hit)
mk2 = I would get 280 extra damage (4/100 crits)

It likely not this exactly, but I believe this is how it roughly works out.
Of course with accuracy enhancers the Sight could very likely work out to be better numbers, and even better using them all together. And obviously my gun stats work out different than many others, depending on the DPS , speed, range, tier and max damage of the weapon the benefits will vary.

I did one full accuracy enhancer rack test put me up toward 5% crit but I am not certain if that was a fluke. If thats the case you could theoretically with buffs ect perhaps get 10% crit rate.

You can have 2 sights and 1 scope. It would make sense the scope has weight.

In the end I guess it would equate perhaps to 2 tiers maybe. With limited numbers in game and many big weapons and players who could use boosts like this, probably more than I would personally spend,

10k ish-40k ish each part with competition in buyers imo.

For level 100 players (and many weapons) its a a nice option, you don't really need skill bonus' at that point on scopes and lasers.

Last edited:
That was/is due to the candy cranes.

About the formula, I thought it would mean it adds 2% to the existing 2%, but i guess we will have to test that to really know, that's just what i immediatly thought, which ofc might be wrong!

What I'm also very curious about is if the effects of nanobots and scopes/sights will add up or if only the stronger one counts! which would make the scope an unL nanobot ;P

Regards
Thark

they don't stack... the nanobots/candies/and thorio helmet for example. I tried it during MM only the greater of the 2 worked the other wasn't recognized. so if I had haloween candy that gave me 20% speed increase and helmet gave 10% I only got 20% from the candy and the helmet % was void till the candy wore off.

ideas on value of scope I and scope II and sight I and sight II based on deathbringer as model?

Brick

...no i think it is again "how scopes and lasers works" thread.

...pssss ( there was official MA statement about that )

Not sure what u trying to say...

...no i think it is again "how scopes and lasers works" thread.

...pssss ( there was official MA statement about that )

"Omegaton Ranger Scope MK II
price check please :)"

Original post by Thark...obviously intended to be price check thread...which became a 'how scopes and lasers works' thread because no price could be determined without knowledge about how scopes works in regards to crit add and decay numbers..

Brick​

if i have something to say about the direction this is taking then i'd say i'm fine with it.

once we come to a conclusion I can edit the first post to show what people think.

Regards
Thark

I will count one of my hours done with Candy Cranes ( 1% more crit chances) and let you guys know the results of just 1% more, then maybe we can say what would 2% bring

Ok, results are in:

Tested 3 hours with no buffs vs 3 hours with 1% crit chance buff ( Candy crane)

Results:

With no Buff:

• 1.8% Crit Rate
  • 89% Hit Rate
  • 9% Evaded Shoots

With 1% crit buff Buff

• 2.8% Crit Rate
  • 87% Hit Rate
  • 10% Evaded Shoots

So what I see from this is:

You do get 1% more Crit shoots buuuuut, your miss rate also increases by 1%
And maybe the Hit Rate drops a bit

In other words this x% Crit Rate might just mess with the slider between Crit Shoots and Missed shoots

Feel free to bring in more tests, those who can do it:)

No one cares to talk about my results?:) were are the trolls?:scratch2:

did you hunt the same spawn of mobs the entire test or did you change?

Back