How awesome would it be if this studio where a Entropia PP

It really looks so much like EU, Mindark should go and talk with them don't invest 50k~1 million to make their own game, they can just prepare 2 million USD to be a planet partner inside Entropia Universe. :lolup:

Thanks. Very interesting indeed. Viewed some good vids.

Couldn't find any info on intended costs to play.

Rick

they got even pets -.-

Bet they hired a bunch of former MA staff ,like Marco ?

Afaik its not aimed to become a RCE driven modell. Revenue is generated by sales of Skins and most likely time shortcuts like exp booster.

Edit :
I was reading a bit further and stumbled about another kickstarter campain for this game in 2012 wich was successfully funded. There i also read about Silver, Gold and Platinum Tier membership options that open up more land ownership to build your houses, more space in the "bank" and the ability to lead a city or even to make your own nation. So it look like a mix of Subscription and Shop.

TACUTTING
Bet they hired a bunch of former MA staff ,like Marco ?

lol from the look of it that was exactly my first thought after i watched the video. They also like to overuse the Keyword "Dynamic" so much that its hard to believe in a coincidence :D

Edit : It seem that game is made by a very small studio called "Above and Beyond Technologies"
Development started 2007 and went into "full gear" around 2010. I read that all Members of the studio work there on their free time and everyone got a real job that earn them cash. This information was from 2012

Its very unlikely that former employees of mindark are involved with this title. Maybe someone want to do some more research but i doubt there is a connection.

Last edited:
Looking at the depth of some of the features already active in the vids (crafting especially), they are already ahead of MA there. It would be a step back for them to use the MA platform. Also stuff like own building placement, pets, warring factions..... did I mention pets? .... look very promising.

The ONE big point, however, is it doesn't seem to be a RCE. Higher rights are achieved by buying one-off membership to levels, not through spending to skill up. Also, the in-store items are going to be cosmetic stuff and not pay-to-win style, except for skill speed opportunities, yes.

The lack of RCE but many opportunities for team play will make it truely a game, but also leave out the valuable edge that I think MA still has, i.e. the possibility of players withdrawing real money, even if it takes a few months to get committed.

On the up side, however, it looks like it will really be free to play at whatever level of the game you buy into. I just wonder how Above and Beyond aim to continue getting revenue to run the servers etc, though.

Interesting looking game. I have always joked that EU is just SecondLife with a gun, but this game could be such a game which MA really should look into since EU could grow so much if they had any idea what it was they were doing. But as always, I still have luck that MA does know what it's doing.

Looks interesting, and very influecened by EU. ;)
The difference seem to be the RCE, which is important for some, less for others thou'.
If 80% of those that use EU as entertainment where RCE is of less importance move
to that game, EU might suffer from it.

Looks interesting, and very influecened by EU. ;)
The difference seem to be the RCE, which is important for some, less for others thou'.
If 80% of those that use EU as entertainment where RCE is of less importance move
to that game, EU might suffer from it.
True, except the conclusion imo. ;)

I think RCE is important for very close to 100%, of those of us who use the 3 main professions hunting, crafting and mining. Seriously... The combat itself is designed to be RCE, and would be pretty lame if it wasn't. Same about the other professions.

There are ofc some people who just likes the exploring, chatting, or whatever... But it wouldn't hurt MA very much financially, if some of them left. (Though we still you guys to stay) ;)
I don't see it as a threat for MA.

If they were an EU PP, they wouldn't manage to achieve even 1% of what they can, with most of the ideas rotting "on papers" forever waiting for approval from MA, or being cut down by the platform's limitations.

If they were an EU PP, they wouldn't manage to achieve even 1% of what they can, with most of the ideas rotting "on papers" forever waiting for approval from MA, or being cut down by the platform's limitations.

Got to agree. If any studio wouldn't been given CryEngine/Entropia mod tools, Mindark's creative freedom and a bill of 1 million, I doubt they couldn't manage to do any better than current PP's. And after SEE parody, power struggles inside of MA, MA not being very capable of providing with CE2, many struggling PPs in ridiculously combined "universe"/"game" where every planet has to have a own storyline and things which waste resources of development, why should anyone wish for more planet partners...

True, except the conclusion imo. ;)

I think RCE is important for very close to 100%, of those of us who use the 3 main professions hunting, crafting and mining. Seriously... The combat itself is designed to be RCE, and would be pretty lame if it wasn't. Same about the other professions.

There are ofc some people who just likes the exploring, chatting, or whatever... But it wouldn't hurt MA very much financially, if some of them left. (Though we still you guys to stay) ;)
I don't see it as a threat for MA.

I know a lot of people that play/played EU because of the gameplay concept, rather than
the RCE feature. :) Thought you knew that by now ...:silly2:
I hunt for RL-values in RL, and I spend them here, trying to forget the RL hunt... ;)

I've always compared EU to go out party, whatever RL-value I spend (=depo) is seen
as a pure loss, similar to get out and drinking for 100-150USD a night.
The difference is that in EU I can, if I'm lucky, get a value saved (e.g skills, UL items
and so on) when I spend those money, in the bar I only get a memoryloss and a headache,
so not sure whats worst... :D ;)

I know a lot of people that play/played EU because of the gameplay concept, rather than
the RCE feature. :) Thought you knew that by now ...:silly2:
I hunt for RL-values in RL, and I spend them here, trying to forget the RL hunt... ;)

I've always compared EU to go out party, whatever RL-value I spend (=depo) is seen
as a pure loss, similar to get out and drinking for 100-150USD a night.
The difference is that in EU I can, if I'm lucky, get a value saved (e.g skills, UL items
and so on) when I spend those money, in the bar I only get a memoryloss and a headache,
so not sure whats worst... :D ;)
Yes, I know you. ;)
And you probably also know, that I and agree with most of your views. I just think you underestimate the importance of RCE.

The main professions would be utterly lame, if it wasn't for the RCE. And we still keep playing.
Battle systems as in WoW or LoL or whatever are way more complicated, challenging and even more DYNAMIC!.;)
But many of us have been playing here for 5-10 years, despite an ultra-simple (boring?) battle system. Why don't we play Eve Online, Guild wars, WoW, LoL?

I think the answer is RCE. Even for you, though you don't know it. :laugh:

Yes, I know you. ;)
And you probably also know, that I and agree with most of your views. I just think you underestimate the importance of RCE.

The main professions would be utterly lame, if it wasn't for the RCE. And we still keep playing.
Battle systems as in WoW or LoL or whatever are way more complicated, challenging and even more DYNAMIC!.;)
But many of us have been playing here for 5-10 years, despite an ultra-simple (boring?) battle system. Why don't we play Eve Online, Guild wars, WoW, LoL?

I think the answer is RCE. Even for you, though you don't know it. :laugh:

I guess the main professions are lame just because of the RCE. :D ;)
Today they have to take the ingame value reduction in to count in each and every
little feature, so the game goes on with the need for new fresh RL money via depo,
in a constant flow. This is essential for their survival.
If their income was from subscription, they would have free hands when it comes to
ingame features, and I really doubt that EU would be the same, in both a positive
and a negative p.o.v.

RCE isn't important for me, but if we had no RCE and they didn't develop EU with
way more fun and advanced gameplay, I guess EU would be of no interest for me.
The RCE is what slows EU down, and a lot, when it comes to advanced gameplay.
I know my wishes for way more advanced, fun and interesting new gameplay are
just some illusions, they will never come, still I play.... ;)
The day a game comes, that are very similar in concept as EU (the sci fi theme
in a FPS), that day I guess EU will just be less interesting for me, as the game
I play most frequently...

Back