Help: Problem when watching Twitch.tv :(

windowlicker

Alpha
Aphex Windowlicker Twin
Dont know if this is right place for post this or if it should be offtopic..

When i gonna watch anything from Entropia streaming on twitch.tv it lags like crazy and its f#"¤ing annoying,Stream 2-3 sec then freeze 3-7 sec and thats how its going on.Stream,freeze,stream,freeze :(Since that the only thing i look at twitch..( or try to see :/ )

I can watch all other game videos perfect and on high resolution.No problem at all.

So why in hell is this only on Entropia stuff?

Anyone else have the same problem?

Any idea how to fix that?

//WL

Could be that the person streaming is having issues, might not be on your end.

But it all diffrent players that streaming Entropia,feels weird if all have problem

I had this problem until I reset my modem/router.

Have tried that to,no diffrent, so i try again to see Entropia. nope :( take long time to even load it and then same shit, so after i try other games, and every game i looking on works perfect..

So isnt that very strange?

//WL

Try using Desktop Live Streamer. It loads the stream in VLC instead of on the Twitch website. I always had problems with Twitch.tv, so I switched over to this program and it cleared up all issues I had.

Here's the link: http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/17iro7/desktop_live_streamer_an_easy_way_to_watch_live/

You can load any game and quality you want, and can add any favourite streamers you have for easy access.

EDIT: Twitch.tv is known to be really buggy/laggy at times (happens fairly often with big League of Legends tournament streams etc.)

Oh and if you need help using it I can try to answer questions since it seems to work really well on my computer.

You could also use HLS but AFAIK it works only in native browsers in Android and iOS. Unless you wanna use some player, for example mentioned VLC.

To use HLS simply add '/hls' at the end of url.

Ty,Have download live streamer,but cant find EU in list,How do i add it or search for it?

Probley some simple thing to do but i dont find it

Last edited:
what is your internet speeds. as far as i know all streamers that have less than 100 viewers you need to watch on source quality, the source quality is the one that takes the most internet speed to watch without problem. try to load up some other stream from some other game that has less than 100 viewers and let me know the results

Ty,Have download live streamer,but cant find EU in list,How do i add it or search for it?

Probley some simple thing to do but i dont find it

It seems that the cut off right now is ~80 viewers and EU only has ~ 28 at this time. Maybe it's too small of a game to show up on it. I'm sure there's a way of finding it, but I don't know how.

And know i dont know what the hell i did,dont start any game when i click play.. lol

Switch the quality from best to either high medium or low.

aaahhhhha know i get it,tyvm :)

Back