Caly Dev team, what's the 2014 game plan?

Status
Edit: Nvm 2904 ped narc hof, woot!

Last edited:
MA never even said they would post their plans for 2014 to the public, crybabies can go to sleep now. Kim mentioned list to be EXPECTED in a week. Learn reading, worry less

I have been informed that both a State of the Universe Address (MindArk) and State of the Planet Address (Calypso) can be expected within the next 7 days.
Over two (standard Earthling) weeks on and we are still waiting for these.

Is anyone running a book on when either of these are going to arrive? My money would be on Monday 3rd February (I won't say which year).

I'll give a +rep to the closest guess to the release for either address.

Is anyone running a book on when either of these are going to arrive? My money would be on Monday 3rd February (I won't say which year).

I'll give a +rep to the closest guess to the release for either address.

For some reason they like tuesdays, my bet is for tuesday 11th February (this year :))

like al bundy said to bud in yesterdays repeated episode.

blah bla blah ....... blah.
that being said ..... bla blah blah.

I think nuns taking a vow of silence have more desire to communicate with others than MA.

How many MindArk employees does it take to change a light bulb?

None, no one is at work so the lights are always off.

How many Calypso Dev team employees does it take to change a light bulb?

Not sure, they won't respond to tell us!

Your answers are incorrect :D

Correct answer: The number is unknown. They get the job done and keep all information about it to themselves. They don't assume players need hand holding and "comforting" bullshit talk :)

What's the difference between Kim and Terminator? Terminator really came back.

Just wait till Kim comes back you'll be first on his hitlist :laugh::handgun:

I'd hate to be a developer responding after this kind of thread.

Basically I dont like to reward whining or temper tantrums, because it only causes more.

The developers are in a position now where any response will basically provoke a Pavlovian series of events. This is due to years of whining and years of developers actually responding and trying to make things better.

Now certain people are conditioned, like dogs, to think that barking loudly on this forum actually generates a response.

It doesnt. It just makes you noisy and annoying.

Basically I dont like to reward whining or temper tantrums, because it only causes more.

The developers are in a position now where any response will basically provoke a Pavlovian series of events. This is due to years of whining and years of developers actually responding and trying to make things better.

Now certain people are conditioned, like dogs, to think that barking loudly on this forum actually generates a response.

indeed, I only want to add that neutering is the most easy operation you can do, ask any vet :wise:
Now, it is known that neutering helps your dog from being overly active, barking too much and pissing all over the place. :girl:

I have been informed that both a State of the Universe Address (MindArk) and State of the Planet Address (Calypso) can be expected within the next 7 days.

so what happen 14 days pass and noting about state of the universe

It looks like MA are synching America's State of the Union address with Entropia's State of the Universe address (12 Feb last year)

:)

Sorry Kim but

-Rep for making false promises (even if on things outside of your control) and setting our expectations too high
-Rep for not coming back and saying "sorry it is delayed not sure by how much"

Hail to the old king, baby!

preview

Marco, make Entropia awesome once again!

:naughty:

Ah, okay. So when a developer makes a promise, and does not deliver upon this promise, we should all just sit and wait until he decides to deliver after all? Why would he deliver upon promises, when not delivering on these promises doesn't cause any feedback whatsoever?

Especially since the promise we received was only the promise, that we would be hearing promises for the new year.

It is now february. 1/12th of the year is over. It is sixteen days AFTER the day we were promised to hear more. How hard can it be to communicate anything, if nothing else, the apology "Hey, we won't do it this time, because we are too busy fixing X".

If this is not sufficient ground for negative responses, then what is? Any man who takes honor in his work would honor the things he has promised. He would also be quite capable distinguishing the whining from the grounded complaints.

And most stuff here, is very much a complaint with solid grounds.

Aren't used to delays yet?

I've now gotten used to things going wrong and being delayed. I now read between the lines - if they say a week they mean they're aiming for a week or longer. Kick back relax and be surprised when it finally arrives.

Then we can argue over it's contents ;)

Ah, okay. So when a developer makes a promise, and does not deliver upon this promise, we should all just sit and wait until he decides to deliver after all? Why would he deliver upon promises, when not delivering on these promises doesn't cause any feedback whatsoever?

The developer only offered insight here because the crowd was getting all in a tizzy fit. They didnt put out any sort of news release saying "Oh hey guys by the way expect our 2014 road map." In fact I wouldnt even consider it a promise at all. I would consider it Kim sharing some information which came across his desk from internal discussions.

In short, the developer promised absolutely nothing.

Especially since the promise we received was only the promise, that we would be hearing promises for the new year.

See above.

It is now february. 1/12th of the year is over. It is sixteen days AFTER the day we were promised to hear more. How hard can it be to communicate anything, if nothing else, the apology "Hey, we won't do it this time, because we are too busy fixing X".

If this is not sufficient ground for negative responses, then what is? Any man who takes honor in his work would honor the things he has promised. He would also be quite capable distinguishing the whining from the grounded complaints.

And most stuff here, is very much a complaint with solid grounds.

Basically the only argument here is that the developer promised something.

I see no such promise. All I see is the following scenario of demand, demand, demand:

Game Crowd: ARRRGH WE ARE FRUSTRATED WE WANT COMMUNICATION

Rep: Hold on guys, its coming.

Game Crowd: WE ARE GOING TO HOLD YOU TO THAT. ANYONE TAKE THE EXACT TIME, DATE, HOUR, MINUTE, AND SECOND? COUNTDOWN HAS STARTED

Rep: Shit, I should not have said anything. *backs away slowly*

Game Crowd: WE KNEW IT. NOW WE ARE TOTALLY JUSTIFIED IN ACTING LIKE SPOILED CHILDREN.

In short, the community has not encouraged any sort of communication at all. You all had a fit here, a person came to try to defuse the situation, and instead you all exploded like a bomb in his face. IMHO he should not come back here. Ever. Dev team should stick to putting out planned releases and cease interaction with this community of diaper wearing adults.

Who knows, maybe they wait until SUI is released...
Maybe info is easier to apprehend when everyone have seen it in action. :dunno:

...In short, the developer promised absolutely nothing....

In short, the community has not encouraged any sort of communication at all. You all had a fit here, a person came to try to defuse the situation, and instead you all exploded like a bomb in his face. IMHO he should not come back here. Ever. Dev team should stick to putting out planned releases and cease interaction with this community of diaper wearing adults.

Sometimes we say in this game we have a more mature gamer community but then situations like these it does make me think twice :)

Who knows, maybe they wait until SUI is released...

What is SUI?

The developer only offered insight here because the crowd was getting all in a tizzy fit. They didnt put out any sort of news release saying "Oh hey guys by the way expect our 2014 road map." In fact I wouldnt even consider it a promise at all. I would consider it Kim sharing some information which came across his desk from internal discussions.

In short, the developer promised absolutely nothing.

See above.

Basically the only argument here is that the developer promised something.

I see no such promise. All I see is the following scenario of demand, demand, demand:

Game Crowd: ARRRGH WE ARE FRUSTRATED WE WANT COMMUNICATION

Rep: Hold on guys, its coming.

Game Crowd: WE ARE GOING TO HOLD YOU TO THAT. ANYONE TAKE THE EXACT TIME, DATE, HOUR, MINUTE, AND SECOND? COUNTDOWN HAS STARTED

Rep: Shit, I should not have said anything. *backs away slowly*

Game Crowd: WE KNEW IT. NOW WE ARE TOTALLY JUSTIFIED IN ACTING LIKE SPOILED CHILDREN.

Look here....

http://dictionary.reverso.net/english-synonyms/expected

definition of the word expected
anticipated, awaited, counted on, forecast, hoped-for, long-awaited, looked-for, predicted, promised, wanted

So there is no problem claiming the word promised.

Last edited:
Patience grasshopper.

I'd hate to be a Player considering depositing or responding after this kind of thread.

Basically I dont like to reward incompetence or disrespect, because it only causes more.

The developers are in a position now where any response will basically provoke a belief that MA respects its customers and can be competent.
This is due to years of bugs, errors in contest scoring, and years of developers actually giving false statements such as taming. instead of trying to make things better.

Now certain people are conditioned, like dogs, to think that barking loudly on this forum actually is excessive negativity.

It is not. It just makes you aware and concerned.

----
Here fixed that up for you.:wise:

Wow, it's February 2014. Still nothing. How do I neg rep MindArk? Is it that hard to write the State of the Universe address?

Wow, it's February 2014. Still nothing. How do I neg rep MindArk? Is it that hard to write the State of the Universe address?

When their company is going down under? Yes, yes it is.

I'd hate to be a Player considering depositing or responding after this kind of thread.

Basically I dont like to reward incompetence or disrespect, because it only causes more.

The developers are in a position now where any response will basically provoke a belief that MA respects its customers and can be competent.
This is due to years of bugs, errors in contest scoring, and years of developers actually giving false statements such as taming. instead of trying to make things better.

Now certain people are conditioned, like dogs, to think that barking loudly on this forum actually is excessive negativity.

It is not. It just makes you aware and concerned.

----
Here fixed that up for you.:wise:

Sorry, you're totally wrong on this one. Generating a reply after this community temper tantrum will provoke the following.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinforcement

Want some backup for my assertations? Lets look at all the MA posts over the last 4 years where they have informed the populace. Is the populace happy and do they have faith? No. They are writing threads like this one. In fact, they are writing this thread.

Time to take off your hat, Professor.

When their company is going down under? Yes, yes it is.

FFS don't send them to us!

Leave them in Scandinavia where they can always claim to be 'on holiday' whenever they don't want to communicate with their paying customers. We don't get that much 'holiday' time down under. :cool:

:lolup:

Sorry, you're totally wrong on this one. Generating a reply after this community temper tantrum will provoke the following.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinforcement

Want some backup for my assertations? Lets look at all the MA posts over the last 4 years where they have informed the populace. Is the populace happy and do they have faith? No. They are writing threads like this one. In fact, they are writing this thread.

Time to take off your hat, Professor.

You are so wrong, on so many places, that I am not even gonna bother to adress them all.

I am just going to point out one thing: there where there HAS been PROPER communication, the community has been HAPPY. There where the communication is lacking (either in quality, or frequency) the population has been UNHAPPY. Which is why they are writing this thread: for lack of communication.

I wonder what kind of spin you are going to come up with next.

Status
Back