Mining Challenges

so exept pyrite and copper i have all the other mining missions at lvl IV. No other missions unlocked.

what do you think?

Yeah nothing new so far even though i didn't complete current level IV to VI missions, i would like to see some enmatter missions, guess we wait and see.

To Mczimi : gz for completing stage III for cumb,narc,frig and cald.:cool:

To unlock the hidden missions, you had to complete stage III for 4 of the 5 ores.

I guess there's no more hidden missions since you unlocked stage III for 4 of the 5 hidden ores...

Gz again Mczimi.

To Mczimi, Dome 8 for copper.

Mount Hephaistos island ( the orange area between eudoria and amethera) is also very good for copper if you got it unlocked.

:tiphat:

to Idris : No there aren't any mining missions broker on foma.

Only on planet.

Finds on FOMA/Monria counts towards calypso mining missions though.

I would like to see some more thought put into the rewards for the mining missions instead of just getting a option to choose between prospecting or mining skills only, if the reward for VI is 180ped pros/mining then that will be the last of my time spend on F.O.M.A and will choose better locations from then on. MA seem to forget that the mining missions are on a whole different level compared to hunting, one actually has to go search for stuff in order to complete it.

I would like to see some more thought put into the rewards for the mining missions instead of just getting a option to choose between prospecting or mining skills only, if the reward for VI is 180ped pros/mining then that will be the last of my time spend on F.O.M.A and will choose better locations from then on. MA seem to forget that the mining missions are on a whole different level compared to hunting, one actually has to go search for stuff in order to complete it.

Can you update the opening post with details of the unlocks. Then we can ask this to be stickied.

Good info here

Rgds

Ace

Can you update the opening post with details of the unlocks. Then we can ask this to be stickied.

Good info here

Rgds

Ace

Fixed the OP, uncertain if the actual reward for stage VI will be 180ped Prospecting or Mining reward only, around 20k points away from finding that out, but looking at it from stage I to V all it took them was to multiply it, should it have been that simple, i think not.

Reward for the hidden ores (narc/cumb/cald/copper/frig) is a bit better.

If i remember correctly :

For completing stage I you got choice between 0.35 ped prosp/mining.
For completing stage II you got choice between 1.75 ped prosp/mining.
For completing stage III you got choice between 3.50 ped prosp/mining.

:tower:

Reward for the hidden ores (narc/cumb/cald/copper/frig) is a bit better.

If i remember correctly :

For completing stage I you got choice between 0.35 ped prosp/mining.
For completing stage II you got choice between 1.75 ped prosp/mining.
For completing stage III you got choice between 3.50 ped prosp/mining.

:tower:

Hmm now you have me wondering, i am pretty sure i got 30PED reward when i finished stage IV of Caldorite mission, i am close to finishing Narcanisum stage IV, will check to be sure, might have to add missions then in OP if it is indeed 0.35PED for the new missions, that would make 32PED reward for stage IV and 96PED for stage V.

Hmm now you have me wondering, i am pretty sure i got 30PED reward when i finished stage IV of Caldorite mission, i am close to finishing Narcanisum stage IV, will check to be sure, might have to add missions then in OP if it is indeed 0.35PED for the new missions, that would make 32PED reward for stage IV and 96PED for stage V.

I just completed stage 4 belkar and got 30 ped reward. So you were correct

Also it will be handy to have the ore unlocks in the op with what is needed to unlock them. Getting it all together will help others :) And if you are really keen, include where the missions are how to get them etc :)

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: my mistake, you were talking about the unlockable ones, ignore me

Last edited:
I just completed stage 4 belkar and got 30 ped reward. So you were correct

Also it will be handy to have the ore unlocks in the op with what is needed to unlock them. Getting it all together will help others :) And if you are really keen, include where the missions are how to get them etc :)

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: my mistake, you were talking about the unlockable ones, ignore me

Fixed in OP, let me know if i forgot something.

New missions do indeed yield better rewards, fixed in OP.

Fixed in OP, let me know if i forgot something.

That's brilliant ty! Will be a great help to people starting out in mining challenges.

Can we get this stickied (spelling?) please?

Rgds

Ace

One thing worth noting is that point value of a find equals lower bound of PED value for its size, except VI which is 4.50 to 5.99 but gives 5 points. This also lets you use mission log as a reference for find sizes. :)

In need of some help regarding all the ore/enmatter available on F.O.M.A/Monria in each (domes) and Calypso, know most of the ore located on F.O.M.A, no idea about where to find what on Monria so will definetly need some input there and the same goes for Calypso.

All info will be added in OP.

(ps. tax will be included for each location.)

Further to Shaman inquiry, i can help a bit with Monria's mining craters :

Main crater : lyst, belkar, iron, maladrite, narc, cald,blausariam.
oil, melchi, zoldenite, force nexus, magerian

(don't mine there, this crater is doomed)

South crater : zinc, narc, cald, lyst, blausariam, maladrite, erdorium
oil, alicenies, typo, ares head, zoldenite, angelic grit

West crater : lyst,narc,cald,maladrite,alferix,frigulite,quantium, ganganite, xeremite
oil, typo, fire root, lytarian powder, zoldenite, dianthius, growth molec

Cave 4 : lyst,alferix,frigulite, narc, cald,maladrite,quantium, ganganite
oil, zoldenite, lytarian powder, fire root, dianthius, energysed cristal, typo, growth molec

Last edited:
Further to Shaman inquiry, i can help a bit with Monria's mining craters :

Main crater : lyst, belkar, iron, maladrite, narc, cald,blausariam.
oil, melchi, zoldenite, force nexus, magerian

(don't mine there, this crater is doomed)

South crater : zinc, narc, cald, lyst, blausariam, maladrite, erdorium
oil, alicenies, typo, ares head, zoldenite, angelic grit

West crater : lyst,narc,cald,maladrite,alferix,frigulite,quantium, ganganite, xeremite
oil, typo, fire root, lytarian powder, zoldenite, dianthius, growth molec

Cave 4 : lyst,alferix,frigulite, narc, cald,maladrite,quantium, ganganite
oil, zoldenite, lytarian powder, fire root, dianthius, energysed cristal, typo, growth molec

Thanks m8 added in OP, what is the tax rate btw and is it the same in all areas on Monria?

Cheers,

Need more info on the available resources in dome 03/13/16/17/19/20 on F.O.M.A, and eveything else that i am missing.

Cheers,

Last edited:
dome 16 has narc and iron

And noticed yesterday as i completed stage III lyst that pyrite doesnt count towards the new missions so it is not one of the 5.
Maybe just me that didnt know that:p

dome 16 has narc and iron

And noticed yesterday as i completed stage III lyst that pyrite doesnt count towards the new missions so it is not one of the 5.
Maybe just me that didnt know that:p

Cheers, fixed in OP.

Good to know Pyrite isn't a requirement, on what stage of Pyrite are you? Are rewards the same so far?

Stage IV been awhile since i finished III but think its the same as iron/lyst and those missions

Still 10k points away from completing a Stage VI mining mission, wondering if anyone completed one and if the rewards in OP are accurate.

ps. if someone knows the rewards for each stage of Zoldenite Dust and Maldarite let me know.

hey Shaman,

Hope evrythin' fine on your side.

I recently was mining in Monria, and i found Xeremite in Cave 4.

I previously thought it was in west crater, my mistake.

Please update,

Regards,

Laurent.

Have completed 5 III missions (including pyrite), haven't done zinc.
No unlock, this means Ill have to do zinc? 6/6 ? :mad:

Simon

To Mczimi, Dome 8 for copper.

Mount Hephaistos island ( the orange area between eudoria and amethera) is also very good for copper if you got it unlocked.

I did my runs on the Chomper Land N. to Oshiri! you had some other nice ores like Gold...

Have completed 5 III missions (including pyrite), haven't done zinc.
No unlock, this means Ill have to do zinc? 6/6 ? :mad:

Simon

best place for zinc is N of Nate Valley if I m not wrong... cheap but not easy :)

Yeah, seems the area is full of zinc.. Acording to LBML. Sent a support case, they also told me that it depends on your skilllevels. If you're high enough you'll recieve them. They didn't tell me what level, they already closed the case.. I'm level 48 miner now, we'll see!

Simon

Yeah, seems the area is full of zinc.. Acording to LBML. Sent a support case, they also told me that it depends on your skilllevels. If you're high enough you'll recieve them. They didn't tell me what level, they already closed the case.. I'm level 48 miner now, we'll see!

Simon

It isn't skills that determines what you find, but the depth of the finder you use. (that is the useable depth).

You could be level 10000000 prospector but if you go out with a tt finder you will only find what the tt finder can get.

Salvation, you got the VI mission done yet? I am eager to know if there is one after. I am currently 10k/60k for it.

Rgds

Ace

Back