Are we going to get higher level implants and MF chips?

Scurvy Sityl

Stalker
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Scurvy Sityl LaRoux
Currently, the highest implants can only support level 55 MF chips. This is severely lower ability to progress than one can using rifles, for example. This makes it very discouraging for the new player who is looking into starting mindforce. Are there any plans for higher level nanochips and implants?

Thanks for your time.

Sityl

This was mentioned some time ago (maybe 2 years now). MF chips have been slowly increasing in variety, level, and use. However the original developer intent was to create something with MF that was a different experience from those using rifles or pistols. MF was meant to be a bit more than ammunition and damage. If you look at metabolic acceleration, slowness, etc you can see some of that.

Bear in mind we only have level I chips for those right now, and they start at level 25 professional skill.

I'm sure we will see more.

PS: The implant itself limits you to use chips with level 55 or lower ability rankings. It does not stop you skilling at level 55.

MF was meant to be a bit more than ammunition and damage. If you look at metabolic acceleration, slowness, etc you can see some of that.

Bear in mind we only have level I chips for those right now, and they start at level 25 professional skill.

We also have the ressurection chip (L) that is new. No one seems to wonder why we have this chip and no use for it? :scratch2: Seems to me we are not seeing the whole picture here...

I posted this in another section, hoping to get a developer response. Really wish it hadn't move here, where everyone already knows of the problem :/

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ypso-Interview-2013-Transcript-and-recordings

Developer response within.

You can do more searches for posts by Kim|Calypso or Kim|Mindark with the tagline mindforce within.

I'm not trying to be rude here, if anything its considerate to both the player asking the question and the developers themselves. Our developers are the ones answering all questions. If they took the time to answer all questions posed to them they would not be doing any game development.

So often it falls to the community members to dig up the info when its asked. You seem excited about Mindforce. Talk to Nighthawk. He's an expert.

MF chips have been slowly increasing in variety, level, and use.

PS: The implant itself limits you to use chips with level 55 or lower ability rankings. It does not stop you skilling at level 55.

Actually, there hasn't been any development at all on MF since the "new" nanochips etc came for, what, 3 years ago? There is still quite a lot needing to be done for MF to get up to the same level as guns and melee.

We need *MUCH* higher dps L-chips (lvl 11 at ~65 dps is not nearly good enough, lvl 15 at 80 dps wouldn't be wrong at all).
We need some real uber chips: Mod Elec or equivalent, to encourage ppl to skill beyong lvl 51, after which there is currently no real reason to skill since there are no (I think?) chips to use with higher skill reqs than that.
We need tagging chips with marber-like range.

And we need MF amps. Not the joke of an amp like the new melee amps seem to be, but just ordinary amps.

Preferably, there would also be a complete remake of the skillsystem in regards to MF. When I unlocked combat sense (with regular weapons, much before chipping out and before restarting as an MF-only player) I was around 150hp. Now I'm way more skilled than that, in MF, but my hp is a puny 125. But ok, that might be too much to ask...;)

We need *MUCH* higher dps L-chips (lvl 11 at ~65 dps is not nearly good enough, lvl 15 at 80 dps wouldn't be wrong at all).
We need some real uber chips: Mod Elec or equivalent, to encourage ppl to skill beyong lvl 51, after which there is currently no real reason to skill since there are no (I think?) chips to use with higher skill reqs than that.
We need tagging chips with marber-like range.

And we need MF amps. Not the joke of an amp like the new melee amps seem to be, but just ordinary amps.

Preferably, there would also be a complete remake of the skillsystem in regards to MF. When I unlocked combat sense (with regular weapons, much before chipping out and before restarting as an MF-only player) I was around 150hp. Now I'm way more skilled than that, in MF, but my hp is a puny 125. But ok, that might be too much to ask...;)

this..

isnt the proposed new planet toulan supposed to be very mindforce oriented when it comes?

What I wuld like is more effect chips, like u would have in mmo's where magic is concerned. but ive said that loads of times already..

this..

isnt the proposed new planet toulan supposed to be very mindforce oriented when it comes?

What I wuld like is more effect chips, like u would have in mmo's where magic is concerned. but ive said that loads of times already..

Toulan is supposed to be everybody's dream, but likely won't be.

Back