WoF 2014?

aia

Marauder
The 2013 WoF never got any air under the wings.

Does anyone have any thoughts about WoF 2014?

Best would be if Hurrikane would make a statement, but if he has problem to get a steady internet Connection, maybe we could have someone else to start it up?

Another thing is, it either has to be started soon, to have finals Before the summer vacations, or either it starts in autumn/fall (end August/September maybe).

Hope it does, WoF is better then any of these other shitty events MA keeps screwing people with. Shit they can't even tally points right, we are players and do 1000x better tracking results then the developers of the game can....

Also I still have pre order on my WoFFee Mug so I can be drinking out of it while I WoF :D

Always waiting for the next WoF, a true EU event....

Would be fun to take part in WOF :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Dirk

MindArk asked me about it, mentioned some ideas they had, waiting to hear back.

Hurrikane

MindArk asked me about it, mentioned some ideas they had, waiting to hear back.

Hurrikane

Glade to hear from you again Hurricane!!!

Thoughts about those WoFFee Mugs? Think they will happen?

Glade to hear from you again Hurricane!!!

Thoughts about those WoFFee Mugs? Think they will happen?

I think I have a friend that can help here. I'll talk to him and see

Any new news?

I was part of 2012 team USA main shooter hit me a pm will join wof 2014

Not a main hitter for team USA in 2012 but I brought lot of support and can bring it again, my support got us some key global's in 2012.

TEAM USA!! F**k YEAH or TEAM NA F**k YEAH if North America combines....

Shouldn't be a need for Alliances this year.....

Hurrikane

Not a main hitter for team USA in 2012 but I brought lot of support and can bring it again, my support got us some key global's in 2012.

TEAM USA!! F**k YEAH or TEAM NA F**k YEAH if North America combines....

Then

Shouldn't be a need for Alliances this year.....

Hurrikane

Interesting statement. :scratch2:

Hoping this does not mean generalising towards a mean team type event with major support capping.

While WoF is won by a main team there are many 'Alliances' and support teams in the background

(Future Main team Players) that make up the backbone of WoF.

Still Free to Enter and Open to All as always, but with a few changes. Will post all the details once finalised with Mindark (We have yet to agree their level of involvement) but here's an overview of the things I think are happening;

Support is now capped in the Final as well. This makes it fairer. With no caps on Support then the Final becomes a popularity contest and this only works for the popular.

Also, All Support Teams will now be registered and their attendance logged.
This means :
Those not registered as Support for any given Nation may only hunt as Mercenaries. Those registered for one Nation but helping another may only do so as Mercenaries.

Mercenaries can only hunt the 1 point Mob and the Bonus Mob. Their score is included in the Support Total and Cap.

These changes ensure that Support cannot be exploited unfairly, allow everyone to participate and also allows for awarding of proper Support Team prizes. It requires a bit more involvement and organisation within the Teams but that can be seen as a good thing.

Other IMPORTANT News;

As an incentive for smaller teams to take part, there will be an exceptional prize for the one match in the Tournament where a few achieved a lot... The WoF WARRIORS prize for most points PER PERSON (including Support). Many small teams have had one-off victories against much larger opponents; this is where those victories get rewarded.

Also; Mindark will be promoting this one, so it should be bigger than usual. Has to run as smoothly as possible so the gaps in the rules needed closing. The event is the same, a stress-relieving blowout against friendly foes to see who wears the Jackets this year. Hope to see you all there.

Hurrikane

I actually see these changes to support creating greater need for Team America, since I can no longer be support on more than one country if I so choose.

But with greater MA involvement it will be just a couple years before WoF is done in instances with no support teams so guess it's not a big loss to lose my ability to help who I want when I want.

Proud 2012 Support for Team USA, Team Canada, and Team Rocktropia

I actually see these changes to support creating greater need for Team America, since I can no longer be support on more than one country if I so choose.

But with greater MA involvement it will be just a couple years before WoF is done in instances with no support teams so guess it's not a big loss to lose my ability to help who I want when I want.

Proud 2012 Support for Team USA, Team Canada, and Team Rocktropia

The greatest number of complaints I recieved were about people hunting for more than one team. Now they still can, but with more limited effect on the scoring. Now it's more team vs team which is what was intended from the start.

Hurrikane

Hope MA is not writing the score keeping code and we are still using players to track score. Sad but MA is horrible at keeping track of scores, they have had bad results time and time again. It may seem easier to use MA written code but I trust players more for accuracy sad to say.

Hope MA is not writing the score keeping code and we are still using players to track score. Sad but MA is horrible at keeping track of scores, they have had bad results time and time again. It may seem easier to use MA written code but I trust players more for accuracy sad to say.

On the contrary. Mindark have insisted on retaining the human judges even though an automated system seemed more efficient;)

(hoping we get wicked starter pistols too!)

Hurrikane

wait... did i read this right: one cant simply login 5 minutes before (or even during) the match, join support team and start shooting... one has to register?:(

wait... did i read this right: one cant simply login 5 minutes before (or even during) the match, join support team and start shooting... one has to register?:(

One can indeed, but as non-registered Support your team will only be able to hunt the 1-point mob and the Bonus Mob. This sounds shit I know, but the 1-point mob will be made more interesting and the Bonus Mob ALWAYS is... expect some peculiar and rewarding hunts. Mindark have suggested special items to be made available from mobs on the list as well.

Hurrikane

One can indeed, but as non-registered Support your team will only be able to hunt the 1-point mob and the Bonus Mob. This sounds shit I know, but the 1-point mob will be made more interesting and the Bonus Mob ALWAYS is... expect some peculiar and rewarding hunts.

Will there be some change how team works?

I'm thinking mainly
1) Pre-registered teams, with options such as "invite only option", "access list", (max members) and loot option
- No access list and invite only: A normal team as it works today. (First to join becomes team leader.)
- No access list and no-invite: Public team, anyone can join at any time.
- Access list and invite-only: First to join becomes team leader. Team leader then can only invite people on access list. (ie main team).
- Access list and no-invite: Anyone who is on access list can join at any time.
Loot option by default "by damage" so to speak.

MA mames some option for everyone to create pre-registered teams, but have some filters that aren't allowed unless explicitly granted (ie to create team names containing WOF MAIN" or "WOF SUPPORT").

2) max members: That it's possible to set max team members to a Count higher than 12 (or less than 12 if desired), maybe 100 for a big support team.

Or else, it will be hard for team captains to have to administer every single hunter in every location, someone has to check every support team so that it only contains "allowed" members, and support hunters who in previous wofs have hunted together in a private team will haave it harder (more beurocratic to join).

While I do like the idea of the smallest team award I don't know if that is going to solve the problem. I agree with Lokia that alliance teams seem like they will be more necessary now. Without getting help from some of the larger countries as support many of the medium and smaller teams will be dominated in the support category. Without being able to pull in a few friends to hunt some of the extra mobs how can we expect a support team with 4-6 members to possibly compete against a huge country with 2-3 TEAMs of support. At least before getting those extra two or three people allowed small teams to fight for a sweep.

Also you said registered as support. Does this mean less flexibility for main team joining support team or did you only mean that you register for the country with the 12 still limited for main team?

Any update on the WoF 2014?

I heard a "whisper" that it was August :eek:

Dirk

One can indeed, but as non-registered Support your team will only be able to hunt the 1-point mob and the Bonus Mob. This sounds shit I know, but the 1-point mob will be made more interesting and the Bonus Mob ALWAYS is... expect some peculiar and rewarding hunts. Mindark have suggested special items to be made available from mobs on the list as well.

Hurrikane

But as far as I understood IF I am registerted support for a team I could still log in 5 minute prior to hunt or even during hunt and join support?

Just when I want to support other teams I can only hunt bonus/1-point as mercenary

Any update on the WoF 2014?

I heard a "whisper" that it was August :eek:

Dirk

From what we Heard, earlier Hurrikane has been busy, and (as he still haven't written here), I assume he still is busy IRL.

So we (Team Sweden) is considering to put our planning for wof to start in beginning of next year instead, hoping that Hurrikane is back by then and having the time to lead the event.

If it's the old plan by then, then it will probably be something like this:
- End of December, start to get teams together
- Registration deadline around 10th of January (ie 14 Days Before first match)
- First matches end of january

Also, I haven't seen any news from MA regarding how teams would work. If support teams are to be locked (restricted to set of members), then MA probably need to implement enhancements to how team works, and as nothing has been posted on it, I don't Think it's a priority development right now (as it is "no hurry" to have it implemented until the date WoF is set to begin). Today the size of the mainteams are monitored by the in-team judges, something that's probably impractical to do for support team(s).

Last edited:
WoF WoF WoF

I only been in one ever but was most awesome experience of team play ever and just can't wait to attend again.

I hope there will be another WoF in the future, with all the delays I am starting to think I was in the last WoF ever and that makes me and many others sad :(

Never competed in one of these before. Would love to finally get a shot at it.

AMERICA!!! F&@% YEAH!!!!

Sorry, much personal stuff happened and the WoF has not been my priority. Back talking to Mindark about it so we'll see what happens. Whatever happens, the previous WoF was NOT the last. Thank you all for your patience.

Hurrikane

Well, If you guys need ass kicking lessons from team USA, we will be happy to accommodate :)

'Merica

I'm available as a support shooter. You cover all my decay expenses, and I keep the skills (all the loot is yours of course). If some team is interested book me before someone else does :)

52 laser sniper, 50 blp sniper, 154hp, L28 Evader, ...etc.

[ more info ]

No mercineries!

I'm available as a support shooter. You cover all my decay expenses, and I keep the skills (all the loot is yours of course). If some team is interested book me before someone else does :)

52 laser sniper, 50 blp sniper, 154hp, L28 Evader, ...etc.

[ more info ]

Back