Just wondering what has happened to the Map display?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
Not a gripe because it is a great tool even without the map. When looking for mob locations I used to see a copy of the map (in mini ofc) to the right under the mob. Sometimes it would just have a little box with an X in it but I could click the box and still get the map. Now I get big white box over parts of the map and no location circles like before showing the actual point on the map. I did notice that there are positions in the grid (usually) on the left side of the page towards the middle but I liked the map much better.

Anyway great job and I hope you can get map fixed if not thank you very much for what you do have available to us and all the work it must be to keep it up to date.

As I posted in this thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...p-Entropedia&p=3193269&viewfull=1#post3193269

... the GoogleMaps API changed. Some things can no longer be recorded in Entropedia, including the mob polygons.
Any attempt to add or edit a polygon point will corrupt the display not only of that particular polygon, but apparently of all polygons and locations for that mob as, on saving, the longitude point changes from a coordinate to 'NaN' (ie not a number).

I've been keeping an eye on any polygon map updates, and temporarily undoing them until there's a fix in place for this.

As for the mini-maps on the mob pages, there's been an issue with the display of those for some time, which I've already relayed to Witte. He says there is an 'auto-fix' that runs which corrects it.
I'm guessing it runs daily sometime in my early afternoon (so say 04:00MA time or so), as most evenings the maps appear correctly, but in the morning they often don't. No idea of the actual cause - maybe a processing timeout ?

Serica thanks for the info even though I don't understand what you said:scratch2:. I guess what I really don't understand is what Google maps have to do with EP's maps. But that's OK and it looks like you all are trying to fix the problem for which I really appreciate and thanks.

Serica thanks for the info even though I don't understand what you said:scratch2:. I guess what I really don't understand is what Google maps have to do with EP's maps. But that's OK and it looks like you all are trying to fix the problem for which I really appreciate and thanks.

That map use Google maps system, look at the corner of the map and you'll see the Google-logo.

That map use Google maps system, look at the corner of the map and you'll see the Google-logo.

I did see that and noticed that you can use google but still was not sure then and now how EP uses Google maps, this is a make believe place its it:) I really don't know how that works but that's ok:)

Back