Is this an abuse of official powers?

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Facts:

Yesterday I gave someone a warp lift to Arkadia. Whilst there I thought it a good idea to give someone or people a lift back to Calypso so as to reduce my costs. Warping back without paid passengers would only be an economic loss.

This nearly got my account temporarily locked.

Below is a chat log of all that I said yesterday on Arkadia in local chat and trade chat. Please note I deleted chat from this file that was not relevant to to my chat i.e. messages of people logging in and out, messages by other players which are not relevant, society chat (i don't think I said anything in soc chat so it's also irrelevant).

2014-01-18 14:07:00 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] offering warp flight to Calypso

2014-01-18 14:08:42 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] offering warp flight to Calypso

2014-01-18 14:16:40 [Local] [Jenny Ironhide Edwards] Go out site the base to shoot

2014-01-18 14:22:39 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] offering warp flight to Calypso

2014-01-18 14:22:50 [Local] [Jenny Ironhide Edwards] Go out site the base to shoot :)

2014-01-18 14:23:13 [Local] [Fred] how much george?
2014-01-18 14:23:34 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] 5 ped per person fred

2014-01-18 14:23:51 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] if i get a few people :)

2014-01-18 14:24:30 [Local] [Fred] ill pass :)

2014-01-18 14:25:33 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] no worries

2014-01-18 14:26:31 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] offering warp flight to Calypso

2014-01-18 14:27:23 [Local] [The Prophet] offering bribe to ark devs for any item in loot

2014-01-18 14:27:32 [Local] [Kull] ill double that
2014-01-18 14:27:36 [Local] [Jenny Ironhide Edwards] :)

2014-01-18 14:27:49 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] I doubt you even need to bribe them :)

2014-01-18 14:28:02 [Local] [Lighter LT Thief] im a dev, bribe me!
2014-01-18 14:28:03 [Local] [Kull] one of those regen chips would be nice
2014-01-18 14:28:04 [Local] [Jenny Ironhide Edwards] Dependable Firebase is also under attack and needs support!

2014-01-18 14:28:31 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] Leave this rubbish event save yourselves
2014-01-18 14:28:40 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] warp to Calypso :)

2014-01-18 14:29:14 [Local] [Jenny Ironhide Edwards] Go out site the base to shoot :)
2014-01-18 14:29:29 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] offering warp flight to Calypso

2014-01-18 14:31:07 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] offering warp flight to Calypso

2014-01-18 14:31:31 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] i heard loot is better on Calypso
2014-01-18 14:31:40 [Local] [Helena] loot is shit everywhere :D

2014-01-18 14:31:58 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] even worse on Ark ;)

2014-01-18 14:32:23 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] offering warp flight to Calypso

2014-01-18 14:33:48 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] offering warp flight to Calypso

2014-01-18 14:34:20 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] Easy way to save yourselves

2014-01-18 14:34:27 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] Warp to Calypso :)

2014-01-18 14:36:57 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] Easy way to save yourselves....Warp to Calypso ....>>offering warp flight to Calypso<<

2014-01-18 14:37:49 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] Easy way to save yourselves....Warp to Calypso ....>>offering warp flight to Calypso<<

2014-01-18 14:37:58 [Local] [- Ark Unl * Re-Zume Zume Seldan] hi Ace.. :D

2014-01-18 14:38:07 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] hi zume

2014-01-18 14:38:36 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] Easy way to save yourselves....Warp to Calypso ....>>offering warp flight to Calypso<<

2014-01-18 14:42:48 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] Easy way to save yourselves....Warp to Calypso ....>>offering warp flight to Calypso<<

2014-01-18 14:44:09 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] Easy way to save yourselves....Warp to Calypso ....>>offering warp flight to Calypso<<

2014-01-18 14:44:29 [Local] [Jenny Ironhide Edwards] Go out site the base to shoot :)

2014-01-18 14:45:06 [Local] [Honey Kitten Little] Jenny request a courtmarshal TT chip from IFN :D

2014-01-18 14:47:10 [Trade] [George Ace Skywalker] Easy way to save yourselves....Warp to Calypso ....>>offering warp flight to Calypso<<

At this stage I decided to fly back to calypso on my own since I had to visit some auction items and some other matters to attend to on Calypso. I flew up to my mothership and was about to warp out when suddenly I'm transported back on Arkadia quarry tp.

Here an avatar named , "MindArk Official Assistant Lich" starts a private message conversation with me. I don't want to get this thread locked or deleted so I can't post that transcript as posting private messages is against forum rules.

What I can say is he threatened to temporarily lock my account for disrupting an event.

My own thoughts:
If you check my log above I think it's pretty obvious I didn't do anything that justifies a temp lock. Also there was an avatar there clearly trapping mobs as shown in this thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?257788-Is-this-cheating

To my mind someone like that would be far more deserving of a temp lock i.e. someone that appears to ignore all messages and continues to trap mobs. Which we know is against the eula.

In short the behaviour of this avatar named, "MindArk Official Assistant Lich" doesn't seem to reflect the behaviour of someone in MindArk at all or someone in MA support. It seems to me as if MindArk have given Arkadia access to an official avatar so that ark have access to greater powers which we previously thought only MindArk had access to.

Reasons for thinking this is a catalogue of "errors" in private messages apart from a threatening me with a lock he/she also wanted me to leave Arkadia. At first offered to directly place me on Calypso. When I had agreed to that they changed their mind and said don't you have a mothership you can fly back. Which seemed another kind of way to demean me. The response was quite irrational and making a mountain of trivial issues, although worded in a nice business like manner i.e. polite and everything it didn't seem to fit the alleged crime. It was apparent to me I couldn't have a conversation with this individual seemed more like to me if I say anything he didn't like he would lock my account there and then. In my opinion this is a gross misuse of power.

In my opinion the behaviour does however reflect that of Arkadia which is a "dictatorial" regime. Who would go out of their way to silence any dissenting voices. Seems to me they place dissenting voices a higher priority than someone who is trapping. Why was this person who was trapping mobs consistently not dealt with? Surely that person is more deserving of a lock than someone saying the event is bad.

Looking back at my log above I still fail to see anything in there that warrants such a reaction. It just beggars belief that some can abuse their power so much.

Looks like the ark team made a mistake and chose an arsehole for an assistant. Give Dave a shout and get the dick kicked.

Sounds like the situation could have been handled much more professionally by Mind Ark/Ark Devs, but I would imagine their asshattery tolerance its quite a bit lower for you versus the general population :laugh:

Sounds like the situation could have been handled much more professionally by Mind Ark/Ark Devs, but I would imagine their asshattery tolerance its quite a bit lower for you versus the general population :laugh:

That's the thing if that avatar was controlled by someone from Arkadia it reflects really badly on MindArk rather than Arkadia. It's difficult for us to know for sure who was behind that avatar at that time. I made a support case asking them to clarify.

Also threatening to lock an account I would say is pretty serious. Especially if it did end up in an unjustified account lock. Which it almost did because I was very much tempted to challenge that official avatars behaviour because seems to me it's him who is harrassing me which is against the eula.

Facts:

Yesterday I gave someone a warp lift to Arkadia. Whilst there I thought it a good idea to give someone or people a lift back to Calypso so as to reduce my costs. Warping back without paid passengers would only be an economic loss.

This nearly got my account temporarily locked.

Below is a chat log of all that I said yesterday on Arkadia in local chat and trade chat. Please note I deleted chat from this file that was not relevant to to my chat i.e. messages of people logging in and out, messages by other players which are not relevant, society chat (i don't think I said anything in soc chat so it's also irrelevant).

At this stage I decided to fly back to calypso on my own since I had to visit some auction items and some other matters to attend to on Calypso. I flew up to my mothership and was about to warp out when suddenly I'm transported back on Arkadia quarry tp.

Here an avatar named , "MindArk Official Assistant Lich" starts a private message conversation with me. I don't want to get this thread locked or deleted so I can't post that transcript as posting private messages is against forum rules.

What I can say is he threatened to temporarily lock my account for disrupting an event.

My own thoughts:
If you check my log above I think it's pretty obvious I didn't do anything that justifies a temp lock. Also there was an avatar there clearly trapping mobs as shown in this thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?257788-Is-this-cheating

To my mind someone like that would be far more deserving of a temp lock i.e. someone that appears to ignore all messages and continues to trap mobs. Which we know is against the eula.

In short the behaviour of this avatar named, "MindArk Official Assistant Lich" doesn't seem to reflect the behaviour of someone in MindArk at all or someone in MA support. It seems to me as if MindArk have given Arkadia access to an official avatar so that ark have access to greater powers which we previously thought only MindArk had access to.

Reasons for thinking this is a catalogue of "errors" in private messages apart from a threatening me with a lock he/she also wanted me to leave Arkadia. At first offered to directly place me on Calypso. When I had agreed to that they changed their mind and said don't you have a mothership you can fly back. Which seemed another kind of way to demean me. The response was quite irrational and making a mountain of trivial issues, although worded in a nice business like manner i.e. polite and everything it didn't seem to fit the alleged crime. It was apparent to me I couldn't have a conversation with this individual seemed more like to me if I say anything he didn't like he would lock my account there and then. In my opinion this is a gross misuse of power.

In my opinion the behaviour does however reflect that of Arkadia which is a "dictatorial" regime. Who would go out of their way to silence any dissenting voices. Seems to me they place dissenting voices a higher priority than someone who is trapping. Why was this person who was trapping mobs consistently not dealt with? Surely that person is more deserving of a lock than someone saying the event is bad.

Looking back at my log above I still fail to see anything in there that warrants such a reaction. It just beggars belief that some can abuse their power so much.

its clearly they dont want your words.. or you can say it in a good way..

Sorrry mate but I think you are still blended by your battle with the Arkadia team :/ Imo, just let it go.

ron-paul.gif

Support guys respond immediately ingame after 3 seconds if u say smth sucks but wont respond if u write a support case:

HALF LIFE 3 Confirmed! :yay:

PM the chat logs to me...

log sent

Sorrry mate but I think you are still blended by your battle with the Arkadia team :/ Imo, just let it go.

Well that is something I can agree with and it's experiences like these that just escalate the divide further because now I have left my society. I refuse to be in any society that has members visiting Arkadia. Such is my dislike of Arkadia.

If there can't be any justice then how can there be any resolution?

ron-paul.gif

Support guys respond immediately ingame after 3 seconds if u say smth sucks but wont respond if u write a support case:

HALF LIFE 3 Confirmed! :yay:

You'll find that's only true if you say something like that about Arkadia. I seriously doubt any other planet partner would do that.

Facts:

Wait ...
He took you off ship and back to the planet? This in itself is a total abuse of whatever power this bell end has been empowered with.

Have you posted this on the Ark forums ?

and can I have the log please .

Wait ...
He took you off ship and back to the planet? This in itself is a total abuse of whatever power this bell end has been empowered with.

By taking me back to Ark and sending my out again I think i also incurred the planetary arrival fee :) which i may add was never rectified. It's small amount but still it's the principal...

I'm banned on Ark forum so can't post there.

well you used the trade function :)

I don't see anything wrong here, could you send me the chatlogs? really interested in reading it.

Wait ...

It is also impossible. Remember that when you are stuck due to the space bugs you have to log out so support can move you around. The same happend to me once when I was at CP and for some reason they removed the possibility to TP back. I sent a support case and they told me to log out so they could move me back to caly.

Bring you back to Arkadia to threaten you with a locked account? That sounds like an extremely mature Mindark Official assistant to me, Boss's son on school holidays doing work experience.

Just curious about the chat with the dude...

This is not to be taken lightly... I'd be very pissed off if this happened to me...

It is also impossible.

It's not impossible because I've experienced this twice now. Once yesterday as mentioned above one moment on mothership next moment on Arkadia.

The other time it happened was when I had volunteered for SEE Calypso filming event. Where they wanted some volunteers to show clothing, dancing etc. I was hunting then and next moment inside the black cube that used to exist for the filming event.

Perhaps support don't use it because there may be danger of some side effects? or so that you don't move from the time you send message to when they get to tp you i.e. somehow change position or location. Don't really know just taking guesses.

It is also impossible. Remember that when you are stuck due to the space bugs you have to log out so support can move you around. The same happend to me once when I was at CP and for some reason they removed the possibility to TP back. I sent a support case and they told me to log out so they could move me back to caly.

That's support. I'm not so sure it applies to MindArk officials.
I'm minded when we were queuing for CLD's at Ithaca and the MA avatar warned that anyone caught queue-jumping would be sent to a 'distant point' without notice.

That's support. I'm not so sure it applies to MindArk officials.
I'm minded when we were queuing for CLD's at Ithaca and the MA avatar warned that anyone caught queue-jumping would be sent to a 'distant point' without notice.

hehe yeah probably Howling Mine , lol .

It will be possible for a full blown admin to do whatever he pleases with any avatar. However these admin rights should not be given out lightly, it would be interesting to find out who this avatar that moved you actually belongs to.

<Edit>
have you sent a support case about this to MA ?

It's not impossible because I've experienced this twice now. Once yesterday as mentioned above one moment on mothership next moment on Arkadia.

The other time it happened was when I had volunteered for SEE Calypso filming event. Where they wanted some volunteers to show clothing, dancing etc. I was hunting then and next moment inside the black cube that used to exist for the filming event.

Perhaps support don't use it because there may be danger of some side effects? or so that you don't move from the time you send message to when they get to tp you i.e. somehow change position or location. Don't really know just taking guesses.

In the game engine i use to make my own games, i just use a call like this : setTransform(player,location A,location B).

I'm sure they can do the same in cry2 engine:)

Section 8 of the Terms of Use:

ö. Do not disrupt Arkadia fanboys by offering warp flights or saying that loot sucks, because it's really good, really.

I believe, or at least hope, a position will be opening up at MindArk in approximately 19 hours.

Seriously, I can't see how the person behind that avatar could remain in employment.

Should it be discovered it was an Arkadia official using that MindArk avatar, I'd expect both the MindArk employee giving an Arkadia representative such broad and dangerous powers to be fired, as well as an immediate dismissal of the at-the-time (fraudulent) avatar driver. For now, however, I chose to believe not even MindArk could be so bloody stupid as to hand out access to a MindArk official avatar to a 3rd party.

Either way, at least one person should be looking for a new job within 36 hours, at the most.

And I was very saddened by ace leaving the social:(

kaza

u were a bit of a douche turning up at event that most were enjoying and telling everyone how shit it is!

Let's see if only arkadia dev does this. Try this on next event on planet calypso and say warp flight for free to arkadia.. save your self from this rubbish event blabla... See if they will allow such behavior as well.

If they do I'd be highly impressed.

I believe, or at least hope, a position will be opening up at MindArk in approximately 19 hours.

Seriously, I can't see how the person behind that avatar could remain in employment.

Should it be discovered it was an Arkadia official using that MindArk avatar, I'd expect both the MindArk employee giving an Arkadia representative such broad and dangerous powers to be fired, as well as an immediate dismissal of the at-the-time (fraudulent) avatar driver. For now, however, I chose to believe not even MindArk could be so bloody stupid as to hand out access to a MindArk official avatar to a 3rd party.

Either way, at least one person should be looking for a new job within 36 hours, at the most.

Whoever has done this has also revealed some of the power a game admin has .

u were a bit of a douche turning up at event that most were enjoying and telling everyone how shit it is!

2014-01-18 14:28:02 [Local] [Lighter LT Thief] im a dev, bribe me!

:scratch2::confused:

But anyways... On topic...
When i reported a player once to Support i received this reply:

"It is very regrettable that there are participants that use bad language. However, we have no means to control communication within the virtual universe. Entropia Universe is designed to resemble the real world in as many ways as possible. As in real life, not all people you meet will be honest and well behaved."

Maybe this rule does not count for this "Official" from what i have read. Either he can bend the rules like a spoon in the Matrix or he did put in too much of his own personal feelings and love for this planet reacting like this. :)

Last edited:
It is also impossible. Remember that when you are stuck due to the space bugs you have to log out so support can move you around.

Last time there were space bugs, I was stuck floating around asteroid, so I made a support case. Then space was reset, so I was able to make it down to calypso. I Went to Cyclops Caves, started to shoot on a big mob (not rakzum, the master of the guard). Suddently I felt laaag... nothign happened. 10 seconds later, I suddently found myself next to teleporter in port atlantis :laugh:

Well it was just to jump back into teleporter, jump to east scylla, TP Close to Cave entrance, then rush for the MOTG and continue shooting (he was still there).

The full correspondence and PM between MA Official Lich and George (which due to forum rules cannot be posted here) can be found here:

Last edited by a moderator:
You know i like you a lot george, but if i was that mindark official, i wouldn't have been so patient with you.:wise:

Back