7 CLDs sold for 1400ped, instead of 9800ped

Pollus

Prowler
Christian Pollus Hawk
Hey all,

Im in a fam crisis so i have to dump my 122 clds, ive been standing out selling and contacting people to speed it up.
So i look at an order for 7 clds for 14000ped, i think. ok thats fair since im going to be selling the rest at approx 1390 if things wont speed up. even after the witdraway its 60+ days but i have this timed with the bank (cant belive they belived the screenshots)

SO... i go for BO, enter 1400ped. and wham! my sale is complete with a pretty crap loss.

Im not sure who you were, but if you please, please contact me and pay the rest ill atleast give another 1000ped off. if this was a regular situation id just be pissed and move on. But this just made my day.. anyways, ill recover.

Pollus, are you saying there was an unfilled order on auction for CLD's at 2kped? (7*2000=14000) :scratch2:

Sorry, but that seems unlikely.

Or do you mean that there was an order at 1400 each, and that in selling 7 of them at once you should have
entered the price at 7*1400= 9800 ?
In which case the thread title is incorrect.

He thought it's 2k PED per deed but instead it was 200PED per deed and made a mistake of selling 7 deeds 200PED each :wise:

I guess he sat BO at 1400 for the whole bunch, thinking he's setting at 14000. Any existing order would eat that gladly.

<removed>

Sorry for your loss, but i´m 100% sure u will never ever get it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the other posters here. Auction order shows markup per ONE deed, so if it shows amount 7, price 1400, then it is 9800 total. The OP forgot that he needs to set price for total and not for single one.

For the OP, i doubt you get it back, although as it was quite big order, it might be some honest player (resellers keep the orders at 1-3 deeds (just in case prices fall fast and they are not online).

I wonder why mods didn't change your thread title....1400 per deed ( as I understand that - 2k per did would be filled asap) is like "sky is falling" ;)

Anyway I hope you get your peds back.

where ever your from broke is broke, and profit is profit. I find it doubtful OP will get resolution, though in a perfect world I suppose he would. But stories like this hopefully help others from making the same mistake at least.

Mistakes like this hardly ever helped anyone to not do it again, because not many know about them.

Until MA makes some sort of mechanism to prevent this, like in this case maybe suggest that 1400 is not the right price for 7 CLD ( in the trade window) or something else, I don't know people will always get screwed by their own mistake so hard to fix that

I'm just hoping the guy who put the order is a nice guy:)

Several others made the same mistake when CLD's were introduced. Regrettable that MA made no change to prevent it.

Just one of the reasons I wouldn't touch CLDs myself.

Several others made the same mistake when CLD's were introduced. Regrettable that MA made no change to prevent it.

Just one of the reasons I wouldn't touch CLDs myself.

Havent you seen the new system on CLD pricing to avoid that kind of mistakes (Now the prices are in peds and not %). MA can do all they can, but still if player wants he should be free to make mistake (MA cant regulate the prices, or it wouldnt be free market anymore).

The reason you dont touch CLD´s is you are not paying attention playing this game? Maybe you dont repair your kit also to avoid tt´ing it by mistake or maybe you dont use TT at all, because you might tt your precious items..

My point is: there are few mistakes every year, but there are ten of thousands trades every year that go as planned, so those few mistakes shouldnt affect the already working system. You cant overregulate the auction system or it wouldnt be easy to use for regular users who pay attention to what they are doing. 100% dummy proof versioon of auction is not possible. I feel sorry for the loss of OP but i think even he knows that it wasnt MA´s fault.

Thanks people, 6 PMs from friends help out also.
Since ive sparked a lill discussion ill bump this for today.

to all others, im still desperatly selling out 117clds, ill go low, please PM or something if you want them.

Pollus, are you saying there was an unfilled order on auction for CLD's at 2kped? (7*2000=14000) :scratch2:

Sorry, but that seems unlikely.

Or do you mean that there was an order at 1400 each, and that in selling 7 of them at once you should have
entered the price at 7*1400= 9800 ?
In which case the thread title is incorrect.

Hey Serica, there was an order for 7 CLDs at +1400, i used the BO function and misstakenly forgot one 0.

Hey Serica, there was an order for 7 CLDs at +1400, i used the BO function and misstakenly forgot one 0.

so u made this mistake your self by putting them on auc for 140 ped each? where does the 14.000 come from?

this happens to me once, sold two for price of one. I totally despise the auction set up, it is easy to make a mistake compared to like, buying something online or whatever. You also hear of people paying there full pedcard for some item cause they mistakenly clicked the wrong arrow and.. ye.. Fair enough people are to blame but still.. they could make it safer..

Sorry for your loss.

There's a glimmer of hope you'll get the buyer contact you, has happened in the past, and people own up to buying a lot cheaper than intended. Hopefully you'll get the same.

My point is: there are few mistakes every year, but there are ten of thousands trades every year that go as planned, so those few mistakes shouldnt affect the already working system. You cant overregulate the auction system or it wouldnt be easy to use for regular users who pay attention to what they are doing. 100% dummy proof versioon of auction is not possible.

Not really... a simple system warning you when the MU is less than 50% of current MU or greater than 150% would catch most of these cases. The thresholds could be specified in user options or turned completely off at will. You can set the ranges you want, as restrictive or unrestrictive as you wish, or have them only apply to stackables, items, or deeds. There's no reason for a safety net to negatively affect anyone's use of the auction if MA would take the time to code it properly.

damn i was having fun with my wife instead of my orders :eyecrazy:

Last edited:

Well, I still don't quite get it (but dunno how the auction orders work for CLDs either). My thoughts are: If you wanted to get 14000, they wouldn't have sold as that's 2000 each. If you entered 1400 for 7 CLDs, then yes, they sold to the order at 200 each, which is crappy.

But the thing is: you didn't simply forget one 0!
You forgot you were selling 7 CLDs is maybe the right interpretation, as you should have entered 9800 as BO it seems.

I do think it is pretty bad how the auction history is screwed up right now because not all sales are single CLDs. Plus the annual history is also useless because the old %mus dominate the graph still. That really doesn't help matters..... I hope things work out for you!

The reason you dont touch CLD´s is you are not paying attention playing this game? Maybe you dont repair your kit also to avoid tt´ing it by mistake or maybe you dont use TT at all, because you might tt your precious items..
MA did implement a safety system for the TT, it costs 1000 Ped to retrieve expensive items accidentally TT'd.
But they took in 6m$, yet can't be bothered to do the same to stop people losing 10k Ped on a single mistaken click.
FYI I am level 63, all natural, so I certainly pay attention to the game.

Last edited:
So it was meant to be sold at 9800 (not 14000) ped being 1400 each.

Really sucks to see this happen again to someone. Hope the buyer gets in contact with you and you can make a decent deal for the both of you.

History learns however that most of the time the people that win these actions are not people willing to reverse such deals. Previous CLD screwups and a privateer deed come to mind. A deal where the buyer is known has better chances of a fair deal in the end.

A moment of not paying attention in EU can turn into a nightmare sometimes. Could have been easily prevented with a decent (not easily triggered) warning mechanism for such obvious cases, but the support for it seems to be lacking totally officially.

so u made this mistake your self by putting them on auc for 140 ped each? where does the 14.000 come from?

no are you mad :)

There was an order, for 7 CLDS already by someone in aucts. So i simply dragged 7 over from my lot, set the BO of the 7 to 1400ped, forgetting a zero. And right at once the persons order was filled and done with. Because he had the order inn 7 clds and i put up 7 clds with the wrong markup... i truly wanted to sell them for 1400 pr deed. not 7 for 1400 if you get it.

no are you mad :)

There was an order, for 7 CLDS already by someone in aucts. So i simply dragged 7 over from my lot, set the BO of the 7 to 1400ped, forgetting a zero. And right at once the persons order was filled and done with. Because he had the order inn 7 clds and i put up 7 clds with the wrong markup... i truly wanted to sell them for 1400 pr deed. not 7 for 1400 if you get it.

as i see it, its not 'forgetting a zero' unless you were selling 10

Thank you for all your suport, im selling away quickly now, people seem to be eager to help out with the situation so my friend Neon is buying from me at 1415, i find it so humble that people are helping me. Ive also talked to MA today with a lovely lady that couldnt do much ofc. But the support case is in, if only i had known the avatar name of the person who made the order, im sure we could find an agreement with the person. If anyone has any info i would be happy to reimburse. Here is the order details:

Your Calypso Land Deed (7) was sold at auction for 1400.00 PED. The commision was 8.67 PED. Your account has been updated with 1391.33. Markkup TT+1399,99 Time: 2014-01-20 03:46:29

I am also selling out my SH t 6,4 and imp evil in a thread here, feel free to offer below the price. It has to go.
Also some tp iv? ten chip ul and a tp chip III ul.

Probably some other stuff to, my texas table, approx 250k skills i believe etc.

Omegaton Power Claw Mentor Edition
Chikara ES500
Chikara ES400
Teleportation Chip III
Texas Table
EMT Kit Ek-2500 Deluxe
Level 12 UL BP
Level 11 UL BP
Level 5 UL BP 94QR
Angel Shin M
Salamander Arm Guards, SGA Edition (M)
Jaguar Gloves (F)
Armor Plating Mark.8A, SGA Edition
Cognac Coat (M,C)
Terrus Laser Sight SE800
Urban Nomad Lime Coat (M)
Bono Shades (M,C)
Zero Legend Blazer and Pants M
Limited Edition Collector's Coin - Provided IRL aswell
Teleportation Chip V TEN Edition

Thank you again all, the bank and i are working things out but its not looking good. My mother is an pilladdict for over 30 years and my father is an alcoholic for even longer, ive had a tough upbringing and they are in no way or form able to help me financially. My two sons are doing allright i hear with my x and their family. Tomorrow i get to see them i hope, if not its attorney hell on loose.

Im out to jogg, best way to drain yourself and recieve happy mental skill gains. Better than any alcohol

Im out to jogg, best way to drain yourself and recieve happy mental skill gains. Better than any alcohol

Good luck with sorting things out m8 ! and yes alcohol wont help you in any way shape or form .

Good luck with sorting things out m8 ! and yes alcohol wont help you in any way shape or form .[/QUOTE

dont worry, i have theese two to fight over

bye for now, ill hang ingame and sell from 22 MA time today again.

Not really... a simple system warning you when the MU is less than 50% of current MU or greater than 150% would catch most of these cases. The thresholds could be specified in user options or turned completely off at will. You can set the ranges you want, as restrictive or unrestrictive as you wish, or have them only apply to stackables, items, or deeds. There's no reason for a safety net to negatively affect anyone's use of the auction if MA would take the time to code it properly.

If turned on by user then yeah it could be implemented.. but is there really need for it? I think there are much more urgent matters for MA to look into atm.

Not really... a simple system warning you when the MU is less than 50% of current MU or greater than 150% would catch most of these cases.

Won't help really because after a short while people will click through any amount of warnings without even thinking. As if 2 warnings during a pvp trade help much.

Back