FYI: maddy madalina maelene

Status
I'll skip the part where i would get offended and try to stand up against it..
You are basing yourself on personal event that happend long ago, thing have changed and mistake can be solved, ask Squall about his 35k$ item TT'd, creator did care about it and fixed the problem, the community raised all together for that matter, except for the few that wouldnt listen and be dead stuck about the idea this shouldnt be fixed..
Not all trades are finals, we have seen trade being reversed and numerous auction mistake solved and i hope this one will be, somehow..

I yet still fail to understand how you can compare areas of the game where their own rules appliies, with everyone knowing the risk, how profitable it is etc (ie lootable zone) also the fact that one can forget items in his inventory and this situation, where you do know how much your armor piece was worth and could/can put a price tag on it, look at how much it gets sold for, ~1000% over what one would estimate it for, hell even supremacy F thigh doesnt go for so much, who are you trying to fool sitting on someone's mistake and arguing about how rightful you are over this, this is non sence and unfounded selfishness with a touch of greedyness..

If we lay in that grey area you are hiding into, would the following be right?
I was scammed in the past, should i scam someone else over it? Just because it happend to me and had to reproduce that vicious cycle?

Come on, you aren't trying to hear me because you are stuck.. stuck in the possesion, money, owning thingy (that is your right, but in my eyes, not this way, not over a bid mistake).. if this wasnt so important as you claim to, even half what you have receive would have been returned over kindness & love for one another, oh wait this place is evil and we have to keep it alike, what a pity.

It only takes 1 man (men/women) to make a change.

Last edited:
... to much bla bla bla....

If I understand you correctly, what you are saying is this:

"Since someone bullied you in school, you would never help anyone beeing bullied, just because it happend to you, and thats how life is. Sometimes good, sometimes bad."

I see you mean that IRL ethics and Virtual ethics are two different things, but it dont make it true.

I know...let's all think/focus about how Maddy become honest and give back "almost stolen" money, thus we colapse quantum wave function of that certain universe where this is hapening to that state. In result we all will be living in better world ( Maddy too ). She just don't understand how being honest is important yet ! So let's focus all.....ohmmmmmmm, ohmmmm......

:ahh: The funny thing is that a few weeks from now, the OP will be forgotten. And maddy's reputation will go in smokes for a while until then everyone forgets except the crazy ones.

Hey,

sorry for your loss!

I can't understand how someone can seriously believe that "it happened to me so i'm gonna do it to others"-bullshit. No matter what you say, you are just a weak character if that's what you believe. If I knew you in person I would be deeply dissappointed in you.

I.e my parents hit me as a child so i'm gonna hit my kids so that i feel better. it's just gross

Can't say much more than that it's just appalling to read this kind of thing. Not to mention that it is outright illigal, at least in germany. No matter what the EULA or what ever states, a court would most certainly agree that a transaction which both parties admit to be a mistake is not legit and the one refusing to return the money is in the wrong.

Regards
Thark

And I know what the common question may be - 'But when you in space or in pvp4, you take the risk. You are aware of the danger, so you are the one responsible if you get looted.'
You know where this concept fails? When people who got looted could claim they forgot to leave stackables in storage. Or they forgot to press auto run when they saw the pk'er. Or they had 1 sec of lag and they couldn't click teleport chip in time. Or...or...or... numerous reasons.

What then? We start flaming the pk'er because he looted a 'poor sod'? We start caring about his mistake and lack of judgement and not leave the game flow as it was created to flow?

Trust, honor, sincerity, loyalty, friendship, good will, love (why not), have nothing to do with auction profit, space pk, pvp4 lootable miners, or clumsiness of people too distracted to pay attention to their own ped card when it comes to following a 3 step process in placing a bid.

I have been through that process, lost by following its rules, learned my lesson and now I'm simply fitting in its rules as everyone else does.

Well said... There are too many 'holier than thou' people posting in this thread trying to force your hand and bend you you to their will... 1 player fucked up and hopefully learned a lesson... Nothing to see here, move on.

/mod note/
I had hoped that after seeing how easily Mendicant's conversation in PM, that Maddy said she objected to, could have so easily been due to mistranslation, there might have been some chance of a negotiated settlement.

However, it's pretty clear from what Maddy has posted here though, regarding her view that making a windfall gain from someone's auction error is on a par with looting someone in PVP, that there will be no chance of any agreement.

Given that, and that others are now just posting abuse rather than any constructive or helpful suggestions:

:locked:

So, flaming turned into trolling.
I would like to use this occasion to thank all the people who pm'ed me telling that this will happen. I have to admit that I had my doubts, considering this unfortunate event. I was hoping it will stop on assumptions and subjective judgements. Apparently I was wrong.
Along with the warnings about the flaming, trolling, insults, assumptions and false judgements, I would also like to thank people who supported me more than I could think of. Even though not everyone who supported me expressed an opinion here, the fact that I received a lot of 'cheer up' messages and +rep three times more than -rep, means a lot, given the circumstances. My decision was never made based on majority vs minority, but it's always good to know how you stand in community - hence the weight of the +rep received, as a mirror of how people understood my point of view.
As someone with a different opinion stated above, I do talk too much and I also am new here. Before Squall told me how the rep works and where should I press to send it to other people, I didn't even knew what's it all about. I made this account in December, but as I started to learn along the way, from 'young with only one lill' green square', I moved to 'mature with two lill' green squares'. So I guess that's a prof itself about the +rep I received in such a short period of time.
I mentioned all this so that people who care so much about my mental health, feelings, forum activity, place of origin, income/month, religion, sex, looks, future activities, reputation within PE, number of friends, would have some information to feed their interest.
Yes, I will keep the peds. Yes, I feel sorry for his loss, as long as I've done it myself and know how it feels. Yes, the game is built this way and unfortunately people lose peds by low MU, bad decisions, misclicks, auction mistakes, pvp. Yes, I have the exact amount of empathy towards him, as a pk'er has towards his victim in pvp, as long as his stupid mistake made in a 3 step bidding process is similar to the risk a miner takes when entering pvp4. Yes, I *probably* am cute, but most certainly am a witch for those who flamed me since this thread was made and now started to troll and throw insults meant to somehow break my will. And last, but not least - yes, I will shut the hell up and mind my own business and game time, as long as my only mistake was to set an item in auc and to accidentally loot a 'miner' who willingly stepped on a land mine. It was not my fault, I haven't force anyone into doing anything and ultimately, auction house is as risky as any loot pvp area, as long as you work with your own fingers handling the wires. He cut red instead of blue and I'm suppose to resurrect him... Well, I'm sorry, but I'm a witch, remember?!... A psychopathic witch drawn to the dark side where Lord Vader awaits. So it would only be logical not to disappoint anyone.... right?!....

I'm sorry Medicant, or My2012Doomsday, or...whatever your avatars may be named, but this apology is more than anything a pk'er ever did towards his victim and more than I ever received from the mistakes I've done myself. I even accepted your friend request and chatted with you - unlike most (if not all) of looted players in pvp areas, where pk'er ignores the victim. The fact that I have a background full of errors for which I've payed on my own, including one huge error identical with yours, made your mistake even worse, because I am trained to expect this and willing to act the same.
And talking about karma, probably this is the karma that we have to focus on. Not about the peds I've lost, or the peds you've lost, but the fact that MA left this rule of 'all trades are final' and answered me 'No. We can not do that.' and years after, I find myself in the situation of giving forward this type of behavior, thus making you act the same if you will ever be in the place I am now. And I know that 'I could have stopped it', but it's only a superficial thought to believe I could have 'changed the world'. No I couldn't have. I would have only looked like a fool in my own eyes. A stupid psychopathic witch....
But you know what? This is how it's meant to be. No matter of what the flamers/trolls say... A pk'er never stops to regret his kills. He swallows the pill, or does that shot...whatever...enters pvp, and prays to God, or should I say...prays to Lord Vader for some victims. So no one is trying to change the world into a better place. Especially this virtual one... The only people who think different about my situation are the ones who wish it happened to them... Because deep down they know is not similar with the returning of an Imp Fap, or sharing acc info with trustworthy friends, but similar to a pvp kill, or an auction bid won on low MU at 5:00 A.M. when there's no one around to bid...

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone with anything. I say 'Thank you!' again to all who supported me and encouraged me not to give in. I am not soft, nor harsh. I am just a simple PE player, like all of you. You can either accept that, or you don't... But if you don't, place yourself in opposition with any player who enters pvp4 or space with the thought of killing people and think for a second that it actually may be you one day in the hunters position...

Goodbye!

Status
Back