FYI: maddy madalina maelene

Status
...tbh i see the problem at the other end, the OP has given his login details to his "brother" who just splashed the cash at auction. The brother has bid 10k then overbid himself.... he bidded this amount twice.... thats not bidding ur whole pedcard.... if u bid ur whole card u wouldnt have any peds for the 2nd bid

.....did the buyers brother get punished? why would the brother make this mistake? its not funny to loss money..

im just askin since the brother made the mistake did he get "bashed" and asked to pay the money back?

'Brother' is used by the OP in the context of 'dude, 'mate', 'comrade' etc. There is no suggestion that his RL brother (if he has one) is involved.

/mod note/ and while I'm posting here, let me just ask that responses be posted using 'common courtesy, politeness and respect for fellow members'. If all you're going to post is insults to either party, then don't be surprised if your post is modded.
(Note: this is not directed at either person I've quoted above)

Last edited:
This is a huge pile of peds but after some thought i agree with maddy's point of viev.

Its not that i have no sympaty for the OP or laugh at his mistake, it must be terrible to lose that much peds this way. But everyone is responsible for his actions and while its honorable and gracefully to return those peds its not automatically the oposite not doing so.

Technically and within the rules those peds belong maddy now and there is nothing wrong keeping it, else you can argumenting that you should return 10k peds looted in pvp4 because the person that lost it forgot to put some crafting gems into storage first, same goes for every ship that fall victim to a pirate and had stackables to loot. Not carefully double checking a auction bid is not different.

We all know what place EU is and the rules are clear, all trades are final. Mistakes like this happen especially if you have done auctions or pvp trades 1000000 times without issues. Its still real cash and if you drop caution you will get burned at one point. Some lessions are harsh but i can't see how maddy is at fault, she did nothing wrong in the first place.

I think that the player has not done anything wrong according to the rules but the player's morale is in the lower stages . I do not think the game is just a matter of what MA thinks is right or wrong, but our morale in the game against other players.

Personally I do not like what you write that just because you are a victim of this mistake so it's ok that you are exposing other players for the same thing.

:twocents:

'Brother' is used by the OP in the context of 'dude, 'mate', 'comrade' etc. There is no suggestion that his RL brother (if he has one) is involved.

/mod note/ and while I'm posting here, let me just ask that responses be posted using 'common courtesy, politeness and respect for fellow members'. If all you're going to post is insults to either party, then don't be surprised if your post is modded.
(Note: this is not directed at either person I've quoted above)

ty for the clear up.

ok so long story short

someone made a mistake, the one who didn't do anything is deemed responsible to straighten out this misunderstanding, then ppl started questioning the persons morale's "its good to do this, its bad to do that", the person defended herself and shared her past experiences and where she stands.

then a falcon punch was thrown....well i understand the problem and i know where i stand.....but the falcon punch takes the cake that made my day...lol

Maybe MindArk should make the auction more "anonymous" (by putting the sellers name in hidden modus) because it seems a mistake of one player results in a witchhunt of another player....

Maybe MindArk should make the auction more "anonymous" (by putting the sellers name in hidden modus) because it seems a mistake of one player results in a witchhunt of another player....

agreed. the buyer do not need to know the seller.

NO, I refuse to buy stuff from arseholes :)

I translate what you say here, it is also unlikely to see directors, thank you for the concern of international friends!
你们说什么我这里翻译出来也看不太董,多谢各位国际友人的关心!

People make mistakes and anyone with an ounce of decency/morality would go out of there way to try and help a person, then you get those that come up with some lame excuse to try and justify their low morals.

If a person i had bought something off me for way over the correct price i couldn't live with myself if i didn't give it back and just keep what i thought the actual item was truly worth... but then i guess Im not a Call U Next Tuesday.

The good thing about these threads is i get to see the names of the pricks i shall never give the time of day to, let alone deal with... and there seems to be many of them.

Karma is a bitch and it will get them all one day... man i sure hope so.

People make mistakes and anyone with an ounce of decency/morality would go out of there way to try and help a person, then you get those that come up with some lame excuse to try and justify their low morals.

If a person i had bought something off me for way over the correct price i couldn't live with myself if i didn't give it back and just keep what i thought the actual item was truly worth... but then i guess Im not a Call U Next Tuesday.

The good thing about these threads is i get to see the names of the pricks i shall never give the time of day to, let alone deal with... and there seems to be many of them.

Karma is a bitch and it will get them all one day... man i sure hope so.

good post +rep, that´s what I use threads like this for aswell! :thumbup:

It sucks to see people make such mistakes once in a while.

Both views I can see, the threadstarter that would like part of the money back and the lucky seller that feels like a bit of wrong from the past has been made right now. After having experienced similar things this is just part of how things are.

By being able to "play" this "game" we can say we aren't very poor. We have access to a computer that can run entropia after all; most of us own the computer even. Also we can afford to be connected to the internet... In the long run the pain will vanish mostly. And the joy.

Keeping such pleasure of someone elses mistake will not make you feel good. Sure you can spread the wealth a bit to new players (who aren't really poor either probably) who after losing the peds will find staying financially well entropia harder. In the long run what you will get is requests to buy more sweat at the "old" price and the joy goes away. Sure in the beginning it's nice to get new friends like that. Just wonder how many of those will stay your friend and not turn into people you dislike.

Should such a thing happen to me I would check on who the bidder was. Is it a good person (not someone I'd consider a thief or scumbag) then I would have reversed the deal minus a fee for auction cost or sold at a price we both consider fair.

This I would do even though I can say in EU life has been pretty unfortunate looking at the bigger picture.

However would this money have come from someone that got the peds in an ill kind of way I would have spread the joy a bit too; if possible to his victims. The decision would be mine though.

ok...been reading this and..yes, I dont want to get involved with anything to do with him any more...but, last try.

In his first post, that sentence in Chinese, he mean: I made a mistake in bidding, I would like to pay "1K" ( which I think is more than MU?) for that Vigi and if it is possoble to refund the rest back to me?

and in the other post he made, he just say thank you for everyone's help.

Last edited:
This is a huge pile of peds but after some thought i agree with maddy's point of viev.

Its not that i have no sympaty for the OP or laugh at his mistake, it must be terrible to lose that much peds this way. But everyone is responsible for his actions and while its honorable and gracefully to return those peds its not automatically the oposite not doing so.

I totally agree with Fiona, couldn't have phrased it better!

In his first post, that sentence in Chinese, he mean: I made a mistake in bidding, I would like to pay "1K" ( which I think is more than MU?) for that Vigi and if it is possoble to refund the rest back to me?

Yes, he offered that 1k but greediness of seller took over and she started to justify her decision by her past.
What she do not realize that she is cooking much worse future for herself as many people will avoid any contact with her, ultimately ostracizing her to small group of assholes nobody wanna play with.

In my country we have proverb "Wolf is not hungry and sheep is alive."
If she chosen that she want to benefit on his mistake, she could at least give back some of money back, lets say keep 3k and give back 7k. She would still make hefty profit and buyer's life would be less sour.
Still not too late to make that move....

I just wanted to point out that Maddy's reasoning boils down to "other people did mean and selfish things to me so now I'm justified to do mean and selfish things to others".

This is a common mindset, completely understandable... and I expect it's especially common among convicted criminals.

Does a person HAVE to do the honorable thing? No, it's voluntary and only when it "costs" a person something can others see what they're really made of.

Last edited:
Come Maddy

Welcome-to-the-darkside1.jpg

I just wanted to point out that Maddy's reasoning boils down to "other people did mean and selfish things to me so now I'm justified to do mean and selfish things to others".

This is a common mindset, completely understandable... and I expect it's especially common among convicted criminals.

Does a person HAVE to do the honorable thing? No, it's voluntary and only when it "costs" a person something can others see what they're really made of.

i consider this post offending to the receiver and convicted criminals.

what maddy did wrong is she chose not to give the peds back thats it. im assuming she didnt pressure the guy at gun point to bid on her item. im assuming she didnt hold the guys family as hostage to force the guy to bid on her item. im assuming she didnt blackmail the guy to bid on her item.

she didnt return the peds but she never took them either it was just handed to her and she chose to keep it. i assume to much but then again i dont really know. all i know is that convicted criminals are law breakers which i dont see any laws broken cause of what she did. she only broke morale code and trust of other people so legally she is not entitled to return the peds.

then again i guess people dont understand what morally just or unjust is cause social exclusion and cyber bullying are unjust according to google.....ps...i googled convicted criminal definition

As much as I didn't wanted to mention some facts, I'm afraid I have to. I didn't wanted because his economical loss was bad enough and didn't needed any bad vibes and assumptions coming from me or anyone else, but now I have to, because I've noticed how quickly people jump to conclusions regarding my behavior, so as long as I'm judged by the public opinion, I think is fair that I should share all the facts, without making any external references and personal impressions, but let everyone have access to all the information, regardless of how shameful they may be.

So here is the list of all the facts with a certain degree of importance, chronologically speaking:
-Fact: On all parts that he bought, he bidded at least double, if not triple, the amount indicated by MU. For example, he bought shins with 600 when their mu was 300, harness with 900 when it's mu was 300, and so on. Up to the point when he wanted to bid 1200 on thigh, but clicked wrong on the other lill' arrow, bidding 10200 within the 3 step process that leads to applying a bid.
-Fact: He overbided himself. He placed the 10182 bid, and then another bid of 10183, which means he had at least 20365 peds on card, even though he told his friends he accidentally bidded his whole ped card.
-Fact: When he saw what he did, he instantly sent me friend request.
-Fact: I accepted his friend request without hesitation.
-Fact: He started threatening me. As Serica (which I've noticed that she's the moderator here) already said and already acted (by removing what me and Rechinul have posted about our in game pm's), I cannot (nor want to) reproduce here his words, but I have the conversation saved and print screened. All I can say is that it was the kind of threats ended with '...you will see'.
-Fact: As a result of his threats I ended the conversation and removed him from f/l.
-Fact: In the next 5 minutes after our conversation via pm ended, he posted this thread on PCF, as a result of one of his threats, hoping that the avalanche of public bad rep opinions and pm insults I will receive, would make me return the peds he lost on his own, thus making me a target (which he actually did) of something I haven't done and as long as I had no guilt to start with.
These are the facts that I was forced to talk about now, not because I have something against him, but because besides the fact that I'm already the public enemy nr.1 without me actually doing anything, I also notice that my morality is not only judged within this virtual universe, but RL too...
I know I said I won't comment anymore and actually I'm sticking to my initial decision of not entering into a conversation with anyone, answering and trying to justify myself (as long as I think I've done nothing wrong) but just point out the facts that I initially decided to keep for myself, in order to lower his dmg only to the ped card, not trying to point out what he is actually trying to do to me here - to make me look like I'm a 'bad' person and the one guilty of his mistake.

And talking about this virtual universe, what many people fail to understand (myself included, for a long period of time, at least when I started playing PE) is that there is a border between RL and virtual life. So as this process of comprehension is altered in time, the user tends to get confused about his real life ethics and kindness, when he spends time inside a world that was built to make us all impersonal users - 100100111010.
When I started to play PE, I also thought that 'don't do to others what you don't want to be done to you' can and will be applied here too. And I felt that up to the point when I noticed that not only I was the victim of the lack of empathy and kindness when it came to peds and restoring a balance between right and wrong, but even MA let me know that materially speaking, we are all on our own.
So that's when I started to realize that what I do and how I act in real life, does not apply into a virtual world where everything is pure mechanical, cold and cynical when it comes to economics. The only aspect of the game that mimics real life are the feelings generated by fun and entertainment: team hunts, parties, jokes, sharing info, pranks etc. But when it comes to economics and deciding what's good or bad for ourselves, it all comes down to our decisions which we are responsible for.
That's when I started to understand MA's politics. Because it would literally be awful for them to start deciding right from wrong, fair from not fair, moral from immoral, bad karma from good karma (killer :) ) and in the end, mistake from intention; as long as this would involve a huge amount of effort and time and could bring them a lot of trouble and headaches. So that's why they made it all clear about auctioning, bidding and all types of decisions we make for our own, leaving all to our own free will to decide what to do. And as long as I'm the recipient of that system, as long as I was only on the side of the story where people who lost were, I am not going to try and fix something that is meant that way, by doing something that I desperately wanted others to do to me and they didn't.
My gesture would be unique. And you know why? The reason is found inside this example: I hope that everyone who flamed me and judged me so quickly and harsh, considering that I have bad morals (as if RL = virtual universe 1/1) to have the opportunity to loot someone in pvp4 or space for 9k peds and then to be flamed and judged by not giving peds back, after that person threatens you, post on forums and appeals to empathy and ethics, saying he forgot to leave stackables in storage...that he was 1 click away from leaving them and he did a mistake, a small mistake and he should be forgiven, order restored and peds returned. That's the reason... And I really reaaaallly hope you will all be in this situation.

I end this comment by reminding all that no matter how hippie, happy go lucky, peace&love, I scratch your back you scratch mine etc... you may think this awesome virtual universe is, it all stops on the economical side. It's easy to talk when you weren't the victim, nor the 'felon'. It's easy to mistakenly judge someone's morality inside a virtual universe where RL rules stop to apply when it comes to finances...

Best of luck!
Madalina.

Last edited:

horrible idea :drool:

EDIT: for snable - im against it mainly for situaitons such as a an overbid lol, also id hate to buy from an a'hole or something like that. also you wouldnt be able to see who was manipulating or trying to catch people out.. etc.. etc..

she didnt return the peds but she never took them either it was just handed to her and she chose to keep it. i assume to much but then again i dont really know. all i know is that convicted criminals are law breakers which i dont see any laws broken cause of what she did. she only broke morale code and trust of other people so legally she is not entitled to return the peds.

not only is your thinking warped. also yes that IS illegal. if a company makes an accidental payment into your account are you allowed to keep it? absolutely not. One individual to another is no different. some poeple here just need to get a grip.

I totally agree with Fiona, couldn't have phrased it better!

the same reasoning and individual weakness that leads to most socio-economic suffering and opression in this world

Last edited:
horrible idea :drool:

why is that?
I think it is pretty decent idea, to keep unwanted PM´s away from the seller (i am getting a lot of PMs about items i have on auction with offers way below SB)

About this thread, i think Maddy has posted her side of the story and it looks like the thread starter is no angel either. Anyways it is sure that it has nothing to do with us, and is problem between seller and buyer. Noone except them know the true story and we are all just 3rd party. Although the threadstarted doesnt accuse Maddy of being a scammer i think it is still unethical to name her (with only one reason - to affect her reputation), because it was 100% the threadstarter fault and he got in contact with the seller, nothing else anyone can do.

OP you made a mistake, if what Maddy says is true, i think even i would have second thoughts about returning the peds. Usually ppl who overbid are very very very polite , but you started attacking the seller...

For moderators: as this is not thread trying to contact the seller, but a thread to bring her actions to the public (claims that are one-sided), i think this thread is against Forum rules 2.2 2.3 and 2.4. I understand if OP was looking for the seller , but Threadstarter had found the seller before posting this thread, so no real reason to post on forum.

Last edited:
As much as I didn't wanted to mention some facts, I'm afraid I have to.

If the OP is just careless and has no clue about buying and selling, keeps doing it and then abuses you if you don't want to give back the peds, it's a little different situation. (But why wasn't that mentioned in your first post??) However, I think your reasoning in the second half of the post is flawed.

EU is not populated by "cold hard" automatons without feelings or morals. Behind every economic action is a real person with real motivations (greed, generosity, boredom). Behind every avatar is a real person. If you treat them with no regard to their feelings they will respond similarly. How you want to be treated or respected in game is a direct result of how you treat others... as people not as anonymous bits and bytes. Of course, just like in real life, you can't expect everyone in game to be honorable, or even nice.

not only is your thinking warped. also yes that IS illegal. if a company makes an accidental payment into your account are you allowed to keep it? absolutely not. One individual to another is no different. some poeple here just need to get a grip.

world

my thinking is too warped for other ppl i understand. sometimes i hear voices in my head but doctors told me nothing is wrong with me. so they must be right cause they are doctors

my thinking is too warped for other ppl i understand. sometimes i hear voices in my head but doctors told me nothing is wrong with me. so they must be right cause they are doctors

stick around then :) looks like u found the right place :silly2:

-Fact: He overbided himself. He placed the 10182 bid, and then another bid of 10183, which means he had at least 20365 peds on card, even though he told his friends he accidentally bidded his whole ped card.

That isn't how auctions work. They don't necessarily have 20365 PED; if you have (example incoming) 51 ped, and bid 50 ped on an item, then think the % (or +x ped) is near the current % or MU and think one more ped would make less interest for the item, you can bid 51 ped, with only 1 ped on your card and 50 on the item.

I'm almost 100%, maybe 99% that this is how auctions work with outbidding yourself.

Last edited:
[.....]

Best of luck!
Madalina.

If you have 15000 PED on CARD, and you bid 11000 to X Item, your card will show you 4k, and you can OUTBID you +1 PED as many times u like and you dont need to have Twice amount. If you Outbid yourself with 12k (you dont need to have that 4k + 8k more to have 12k on card to bid again) It just outbids from the TOTAL sum.

So bidding 11k an item, and then again bidding 11001 same item it cuts off from the Amount left on card. (instead of 4000 left u will have 3999, so on) You can bid as many time u want.

Status
Back