Entropedia is being moved to a new server

Witte

Marauder
Society
Delta Force Elite
Vlugge Witte Harrie
I am currently in the process of moving Entropedia to a new server. In the meanwhile the site is down. It will be up and running as soon as possible. The new server will have a better security and virus protection, so all the security issues should be solved. Thanks for your patience.

Visited your site since start, it's our holy book, TYVM for your efforts!

Thank you very for your work, very much appreciated :clap::clap:

Last edited:
I don't think anyone quite understood how much we rely on your website. until it was gone.

Good luck, we all need you.

I don't think anyone quite understood how much we rely on your website. until it was gone.

We humans don't appreciate what we have and take it for granted. It's only when we lose it that we realize how much we need to appreciate it and need it.

Some of us have been around long enough to remember how it was when Minder stopped playing in 2006 and the Entropedia site went completely off-air for a while.
It was awful.

It's entirely thanks to Witte's initiative then, and his willingness since to maintain Entropedia for the community, that we have such a useful and invaluable site at all. :bowdown:

Witte, thanks for letting us know about the server move, I'll cross-reference this over in the other thread too, in case others look there first.

*massive rejoicing* :)

tyvm Witte :)

Thank you Witte. This site has helped me time and time again!

Witte tyvm for your efforts

for years on end Entropedia has been the most important resource for me to play EU. I don't think I even play one session without using your web page!!

Will be good to have it back

Thx in advance !

Yay ,
thx a heap Witte for all the maintenance !
Indeed, ya never know what ya miss till its gone ;)

Add my thx in as well Witte - Anyone in the know relies on Entropedia, will be great to see it in a new secure home :)

Add my thx in as well Witte - Anyone in the know relies on Entropedia, will be great to see it in a new secure home :)

...as would I! been bothering W with alot of questions about where to find this and that lately, due to not being able to access entropedia! so tip my hat off for you! :tiphat: keep up the good work! +rep!

:yay:

Yeah, and welcome back Witte! :)

No Skill Scanner and no Entropedia! :cry:

Make sure you put in the donate button because I for one (And hopefully others) intend to use that button and not for just 10 bucks.

This lets us all know what life would be without EP and it is not very pleasant!!!!!!

Mayhaps add some unintrusive google banners to help with the new server's maintenance costs?

I'm sure people won't be so quick to complain after stumbling around in the dark for a couple of weeks ^^

The site is running again. It is not very responsive yet, I will look tomorrow if I can speed it up a bit. I will also keep monitoring to make sure the security issues do not return.

The site is running again. It is not very responsive yet, I will look tomorrow if I can speed it up a bit. I will also keep monitoring to make sure the security issues do not return.

I'm getting this error:
Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)
http://entropiawiki.com

Yeah!!! :yay::yay: Thank you!!:beerchug:

Didn't work for me :(

It could take some hours for the change to propagate to your dns server.

Edit to add: If someone who is successfully reaching the new location can post the ip address we can add an entry to our local hosts file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

format would be something like 123.234.345.456 www.entropiawiki.com

That should allow us to use the site.

Back