What would happen with less tps?

Ember

Dominant
JCT Ember Fireheart
What would simply happen if MA decided to reduce the amount of tps? Well, they should keep all the major ones. I usually see think of lots of cars... Just want to see your ideas :)

The towns right now ultimately serve no purpose. They offer the same thing at each place, no unique experience, really nothing.

So towns without TP's would die completely. Most are dead already, as players have picked Twin Peaks for the trade town, and Port Atlantis for the noob town. Though recently Corinth was added to that list, bringing it back to life.

IMHO MA needs to theme each town in a way that players want to come to it. Use corporations and other plot devices, and design quests, hangouts, and dialogues endemic to each region.

Then players will hang out places because they like the town and what it has to offer.

Oil prices sky rocketing.
Mind essence price sky rocketing.

Vehicles and tp chips more expensive to use.

Players would cycle less peds because it takes too long to get anywhere without tps.
Time is money.
Players would waste time = MA would lose money.
Sky is falling...

Need I say more? :scratch2:

Exploring, settlements, travel and ultimately the game would become more meaningful and a challenge.

This is what Marco could have been talking about long ago when he was talking about colonising Calypso. During this time SDS had these fancy graphics adverts made mentioning something about colonising...

MA have also mentioned recently about housing and CLD plots etc. So reduction of tp's would fit in with those goals.

Also if we can build houses in pvp areas then perhaps tp chips could be used to go to our houses there. They may also provide some kind of safe zone inside pvp. I wonder if tp's could be built by players or how that would work. Perhaps if we managed to build a large enough settlement somewhere then a tp build function would become available.

Also those changes on treasure island. Which people were saying were bugs. I still think they were no bugs. They may have been preparations for building areas. I mean why else remove mountains, trees etc?

I think I read this on another thread but I thought it was a GREAT idea.

We make each town different in a different way (no Tt here, this sells this, AH here)
It would promote exploring and trading at these different towns because each one has something different to offer. Like this place has a melee weapons shop, this has noob rocket launchers, this has this, etc.

It would also open up trade routes between these and TPS. Also, it would might increase the need for long hunting expeditions. Even people who are good for only carrying your ammo :rolleyes:

it use to be that way.... and it sucked.....
i think the amount is perfect!

side note *ammo doesn't weigh anything

That would happen only if oil consumption per minute of travel was greater than potential ammo consumption, otherwise MA would suffer loss of profit every minute while you "explore". Your task is to get to your shooting range as fast as possible and start spending ammo :)

instead of tp'ing to a hunting area, id probably just go play golf on gtav.

who has time to run around for hours? and actually wants to spend the time that way? well rhetorical question because who ever wants to play that way can, nothing makes you use the TP. however please don't try to reduce my fun to walking everywhere for stones, sure its a good way to start. but its no way to play.

who has time to run around for hours? and actually wants to spend the time that way? well rhetorical question because who ever wants to play that way can, nothing makes you use the TP. however please don't try to reduce my fun to walking everywhere for stones, sure its a good way to start. but its no way to play.

Exactly. To those who want to explore...gtfo... Go hug a tree or something :D

The only difference will be even more deserted outposts, towns... Might as well remove half of those as well than.

That would happen only if oil consumption per minute of travel was greater than potential ammo consumption, otherwise MA would suffer loss of profit every minute while you "explore". Your task is to get to your shooting range as fast as possible and start spending ammo :)

I disagree the aim should be to make the game more fun/interesting even if some of those newer fun elements don't cost or cost so much.

I suspect many older player will have this kind of attitude. So that would be a cause for concern. Perhaps MA would have thought about that and made arrangements for it?

With newer players they would probably be more open and receptive of new changes and systems. Especially if they some how attract newer players to the game.

It's an interesting dillemma games have when they try something different or new...

The only reason i dont go the cave for reavers/marci is because of the damn stupid amount of running if u die. Make the whole game like that and I am pretty sure activity will reduce. What u are suggesting is reversing the evolution and making us go back to stone age. Its fine for exploring and everything but that crap gets old fast and then it becomes irritating.

tp's number is ok....it's number of players which is making most places look deserted

Perhaps if we managed to build a large enough settlement somewhere then a tp build function would become available.

:eek: that bit sounds exciting! people wuld be deoping like crazy to get in on that action!

About the TPs, I get kinda annoyed about having to travel anywhere, so im against reduction. I enjoy exploring, but only when I choose, having to travel to same spot every day woud just slow down the whole ped cycling process as svarog says. Also people wont like it tbh.

I do like wilderness areas available for exploration though which is what attracts me to mining profession - when im in the right mood..

Last edited:
I suspect many older player will have this kind of attitude. So that would be a cause for concern. Perhaps MA would have thought about that and made arrangements for it?

With newer players they would probably be more open and receptive of new changes and systems. Especially if they some how attract newer players to the game.

It's an interesting dillemma games have when they try something different or new...

It's funny. Folks told me my island would fail because I didnt install a TP directly to it, and that people would never go there. This was about 2 and a half years ago. As it turns out though, I get messages all the time about the Brood Mother. She seems to be the reason alot of folks go there. The island has regular traffic, and my vendors are pretty busy selling off newbie related gear and the occasional high end trinket or ESI.

The lesson I think is to make each area appealing in its own way. Then players will show up on their own because they are attracted to the appeal.

You're right though about the new players being more receptive. My crowd is largely newer folks, though some old faces show up. The older faces are generally more critical. Some, although friendly, have been very aggressive with their opinions on having a direct teleporter. When I tell them I appreciate their input, but that I dont think I need a TP they dont usually appreciate it, although their very presence is evidence to the contrary of the opinion they are offering.

There's too much TP's for the Wild West on new planet ready to be explored and colonized. Instead it's like 10 years old planet, orderly and civilized, with an outpost or settlement behind every bush. Then again, it actually is a 10 year old planet... and it kinda sucks, if u get my mood...

Simply reducing number of TP's and forcing ppl to travel is NOT a solution either.

Gotta think out of the box.
For example, put some TP's in the sky.

Gotta think out of the box.
For example, put some TP's in the sky.

Your thread gave me an interesting idea. People could tp up to a mothership in the sky and from there could parachute down. Whilst parachuting down they could maneuver to the server area they want to be in.

Even with something like this though after a while the novelty may wear of.

novelty would wear of in about 5minutes. considering how many awsome graphic console games you can play doing same thing in more exciting ways. skydiving in GTAV is fun, and even there it gets old after the first few times.

Most areas should be easily accessible as they are now, for the reasons mentioned above. I think it would be good, though, to have one area that can only be reached by vehicle trip... but we would have to have a BIG motivation for doing it, like a mission. Look at space now, only accessible by vehicle and how many people hate the 45 minute flight through space, and they can even do it afk.

The interface of the game already wastes so much time already (refining, running from one place to another, etc etc). Increasing the amount of unproductive time is a bad idea.

Entropia was built to make MA money, and they aren't changing it...:scratch2: how annoying.

I like the idea of players building up their PED pool and banning together to improve an outpost...Say, what about a town system??

I disagree with all towns having no function atm

Eurus is crowded because newbies found out kerberos is a nice sweating mob.
Ola 34 is also crowded because the owner holds regular sweat events.
Nea's place used to have a crowd for the same reason
Twin peaks is still the trade city
Camp Icarus is crowded because of punies, cheap missions, daikiba pit and it used to be the drop off place for newbies.
Half moon bay is crowded, because there are still people signing up to this game (and goldfarmers)
Port Atlantis is crowded because you enter the planet there
Minopolis is crowded a lot of the times because of Merry Mayhem / robot / atrox queen events
Nymphtown is crowded during halloween mayhem
Isslye is crowded because the feffox live there now
Cape corinth is crowded because of daily missions and token traders

There must be some city I forgot. Mindark has worked hard to give cities more reasons to be crowded. And it works.

As for less tp's... No please.
I still miss some of them that were cancelled a few vu's ago.

I disagree with all towns having no function atm

Eurus is crowded because newbies found out kerberos is a nice sweating mob.
Ola 34 is also crowded because the owner holds regular sweat events.
Nea's place used to have a crowd for the same reason
Twin peaks is still the trade city
Camp Icarus is crowded because of punies, cheap missions, daikiba pit and it used to be the drop off place for newbies.
Half moon bay is crowded, because there are still people signing up to this game (and goldfarmers)
Port Atlantis is crowded because you enter the planet there
Minopolis is crowded a lot of the times because of Merry Mayhem / robot / atrox queen events
Nymphtown is crowded during halloween mayhem
Isslye is crowded because the feffox live there now
Cape corinth is crowded because of daily missions and token traders

There must be some city I forgot. Mindark has worked hard to give cities more reasons to be crowded. And it works.

As for less tp's... No please.
I still miss some of them that were cancelled a few vu's ago.

Your definition of crowd is different than mine. Roughly 20 players in a geographic region to me does not equal a crowd. Aside from the sweat zones, that's probably the best you can do.

Actually, they have a word for that. Its not crowd. Its score. To use in a proper sentence: When I visited Camp Icarus on Tuesday night, I saw slightly less than a score of players in the general vicinity.

As for visiting during a single event, that's called tourism.

Wez would have to use leafs instead? :scratch2:

Your thread gave me an interesting idea. People could tp up to a mothership in the sky and from there could parachute down. Whilst parachuting down they could maneuver to the server area they want to be in.

you can kinda do that now.. just really reeally fast.. and with a splat at the end..

less tp = unhappy bungholes.

I think it would be good, though, to have one area that can only be reached by vehicle trip...

You mean like that one big island in the middle that's all PVP and you can't even access until you finish the correct missions? The one that has no TP there at all?

You mean like that one big island in the middle that's all PVP and you can't even access until you finish the correct missions? The one that has no TP there at all?

Hm, no that's not really what I had in mind. You can just use your TP chip so it's not really any different from any other area.

Hm, no that's not really what I had in mind. You can just use your TP chip so it's not really any different from any other area.

Ah, so you want someplace that you can't use tp chips along the way, but you can use vehicles.

I picture tunnels. Only problem would be making sure they're wide enough that idiots can't clog them up with sideways cars, or 15 alts.

Ah, so you want someplace that you can't use tp chips along the way, but you can use vehicles.

I picture tunnels. Only problem would be making sure they're wide enough that idiots can't clog them up with sideways cars, or 15 alts.

That wouldn't be a problem with the current implementation of vehicles, since you can drive right through avatars and other vehicles. The only place vehicles are solid is in space.

Back