Rx unit beta

Status
well most of the ppl whining are convinced that MA places rare loot on specific avatars on purpose, to favour them cause they have blessed avatars, so i wouldnt worry about that beeing a problem.

But if you see things from my perspective, yes it could happen, and that RX unit will just have to TT it :)

No biggie, let them play and cycle, be glad they actually play and find bugs like the rest of us :)
o
yeah can be so, i dont have a blessed abel to loot rare avatar. maby if i joint aow or warents i get blessed huuuuuuuuu.

but can it realy be so thet 2 Patricands spend money on difrens terms in a lottery? is it no iligal?

its like svenskaspel dont send triss'es to the South part of sweden whit a oppitunity to get 3 tv's.

i wold be so happy to see Janne josefsson and uppdrag granskning digg in a bit in entropia and the Company.

Last edited:
Adfter a short read, this is my take on it.

-RX unit playing with MA's profits, and is just cycling that ped back into the economy. This is damn good on MA's front, far from taking from the economy they are ADDING to it out of their own pockets.

-the only bad i can see. Lets says an RX unit crafted, and got a rare and the only drop of a bp, like Auk's evil amp bp, (only one in game). Then there would be a big problem. Probably best to tt it, or set up an event where someone can win it. (although i would be against this).

Apart from that, they are adding to the economy out of their own pockets. Are you guys seriously against this? The mind boggles sometimes.....

Rgds

Ace

The RX unit was actually mining, thats the only way to get a tower.

Its an avatar cycling peds, they dont take peds out, they just cycle, be happy about it instead of ventilating your frustration from losses in the wrong direction.

So say an avatar found an exploit that he could spawn what ever gear he wanted, not contributing to the economy by buying stuff from auction. Then went around hitting big HOF, would u be happy about that?

i wold be so happy to see Janne josefsson and uppdrag granskning digg in a bit in entropia and the Company.

Why? If you have nothing to lose in case MA goes belly up, then why bother at all? Otherwise it's not in your interest to wash MA's dirty linen in public.

Why? If you have nothing to lose in case MA goes belly up, then why bother at all? Otherwise it's not in your interest to wash MA's dirty linen in public.

why? i dont Think everyting is right in this system or even legal. if they follow Swedish Law's if they need to Do it.
entropia intresset Me and i want to see every side of it. there why i wold realy like to see a swedish documentry of the system. i Think its much Behind the lights.

So say an avatar found an exploit that he could spawn what ever gear he wanted, not contributing to the economy by buying stuff from auction. Then went around hitting big HOF, would u be happy about that?

Its not the same thing. MA already stated that some peds ingame that end up in MA's possesion ends up beeing recycled back using MA avatars.

I dont see the problem, all i see is a bunch of whining ppl who take every chance they get at venting their frustration over big hofs just cause they didnt get it.

Ppl are so desperate for their payback hof they could imagine Elvis stole their loot while they were afk.

Relax, MA does whats best for EU, its kinda in their interest to do so.

I will tell you a short, real story from my life.

When I was working in gamedev company, had some a bit dev, a bit support+testing, and some tweaking position for game Farmville-kind in all major social networks.

You know such games. They had "simple" currency and "super" currency. Simple currency you can easily earn in game, but super currency you can get only in hard way (almost impossible), or... by depositing/donating/paying - you can call it as you wish. And super currency giving you a super-super-happy-happy-joy-joy.

So, what about it all? Well, there sometimes was bugs and glitches (of course!), and sometimes people would lost their currency or something.

And? I was several times blamed by players for STEALING THEIR SUPER CURRENCY AND BUYING ESTATES IRL FOR IT.

Rings something in your heads? Please?

**X**1st of all; RX UNIT gets 150ped pyrite global. **X**

:scratch2: RX UNIT TT's the pyrite.

Pyrite prices stay high or even raise because;

:wise: at the same moment RX unit had to get to TT to unload the pyrite, a REAL PARTICIPANT was mining pvp4 with high amp - since the TT of the pyrite and ofc. its markup the REAL PARTICIPANT would get if he got the claim is missing, the REAL PARTICIPANT has poor return, therefore wanting to or even selling his bit of pyrite at an even higher price, raising the price more! - (common sense). Bottom line:

More deposits needed., MINDARK manipulating pyrite MU :yay:

:scratch2: RX UNIT sells via ingame auction;

Indirectly effecting the markup of pyrite by MINDARK; making markup lower for REAL PARTICIPANT who dares to go to PVP4 and risk it all for high MU ore. Bottom line:

More deposits needed - hunters(dmg enh.) and miners alike, MINDARK manipulating pyrite MU :dance:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

2nd of all; RX UNIT mines with MA's UL LEVEL 13.

:scratch2: Intentional extra manipulation of pyrite market price (lowering/highering pyrite cost as described **X**above**X**, besides the system already controling it):pimp:

:scratch2: RX UNIT mines with LEVEL 13(L) he buys off Auction from "participants";

MA sustains level 13 (L) amp price or even raises it if they increase demand so much (we all know only a few people ingame craft them);

YES, MORE DEPOSITS NEEDED:yay:

PEOPLE WHO ARE ABLE TO THINK (have a bit of IQ at least) WILL SEE OBVIOUS CONFLICT OF INTEREST HERE, NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT BECAUSE OF 2 FACTS;

FACT 1:
The person who gets the PED from MARKUP of said LEVEL 13(L) amps gets profit (could even be MONEY LAUNDRY in the end of it all - getting ped out of the system via markup sales - MAYBE EVEN BY MA AVATAR SINCE WE DONT KNOW NAME LIST OF MA AVATARS!!! - or FACT 2;

FACT 2:
Market manipulation as described above.

MINDARK; OFFICIAL STATEMENT IS URGENT.

:wise: at the same moment RX unit had to get to TT to unload the pyrite, a REAL PARTICIPANT was mining pvp4 with high amp - since the TT of the pyrite and ofc. its markup the REAL PARTICIPANT would get if he got the claim is missing, the REAL PARTICIPANT has poor return, therefore wanting to or even selling his bit of pyrite at an even higher price, raising the price more! - (common sense). Bottom line:

Indirectly effecting the markup of pyrite by MINDARK; making markup lower for REAL PARTICIPANT who dares to go to PVP4 and risk it all for high MU ore. Bottom line:

More deposits needed - hunters(dmg enh.) and miners alike, MINDARK manipulating pyrite MU :dance:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

:scratch2: Intentional extra manipulation of pyrite market price (lowering/highering pyrite cost as described **X**above**X**, besides the system already controling it):pimp:

:scratch2: RX UNIT mines with LEVEL 13(L) he buys off Auction from "participants";

MA sustains level 13 (L) amp price or even raises it if they increase demand so much (we all know only a few people ingame craft them);

PEOPLE WHO ARE ABLE TO THINK (have a bit of IQ at least) WILL SEE OBVIOUS CONFLICT OF INTEREST HERE, NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT BECAUSE OF 2 FACTS;

FACT 1:
The person who gets the PED from MARKUP of said LEVEL 13(L) amps gets profit (could even be MONEY LAUNDRY in the end of it all - getting ped out of the system via markup sales - MAYBE EVEN BY MA AVATAR SINCE WE DONT KNOW NAME LIST OF MA AVATARS!!! - or FACT 2;

FACT 2:

oh dear, selling tin foil hats @ balcony

FACT 1:

FACT 2:

giphy.gif

And? I was several times blamed by players for STEALING THEIR SUPER CURRENCY AND BUYING ESTATES IRL FOR IT.

I forgive you if you didn't paint your castles yellow :)

why? i dont Think everyting is right in this system or even legal. if they follow Swedish Law's if they need to Do it.
entropia intresset Me and i want to see every side of it. there why i wold realy like to see a swedish documentry of the system. i Think its much Behind the lights.

I understand, but do you realize that that kind of attention to Entropia will most likely bring light to its gambling nature and lead to either game's end or ban in some (probably most contributing deposit-wise) countries? Sure, this gambling is more like poker than roulette, but online poker is forbidden in US too.

Oh come on! This will in no way impact the economy. RX units, official and unofficial MA avatars hunt and mine, we all know that. But since they can't withdraw any money they just cycle it back into the lootpool. Their ped comes from sales etc, all goes into the lootpool, that's great for us players since they could just keep it for themselves. More players spending ped = more money into the lootpool = a bigger lootpool. How is this bad for us? Say a player looted it and withdrew it. That's 9k less in lootpool.

And ofc they have to test on live servers aswell.
Yes, they have test servers that are exactly the same, but those servers doesn't get the same pressure of all the players, that's why they have to test on love server.

This loot doesn't bother me at all since it goes back into the lootpool.

And I can't see anything illegal here.

So let's remove the tin foil hats and move on.

Freddie

tells me there is no personal multipliers, or they would have made sure the rx units cannot get over x amount of ped.
Unless they deliberately made a higher multiplier with ten event coming to an end :yay:

don't care much as long as it goes back into the lootpool

This RX playing around isnt a bad thing at all, everytime they show up they drop plenty of stuff on the ground, give rewards or get looted by pk'ers.

agree. if it realy are ma played avatar and he shuld stand next to me and pull a big nice rare high end iteam on spiders i chuld get so pist. no testing on live servers. it cant just be a ordenary particant make this ava and change one letter in the namn? or someting like thet?

got damn he guld have get a soto UL level 12 amp or someting thet drop ones every 10years. what wold happen to thet item?

The same thing that happend for years, you'd end up buying something from MA, there have been many auctionned items from them in a official way or through their personal/undercover avatars like a regular player would.

To me it just raises the question

How many HOF are real avatar or just some mindark drone? Cant say I'm crazy if RX unit hitting towers then any old person getting a big HOF could be a fake.

Conflict of interest, it isn't very professional MA going around hitting big HOFs in a game they are trying to sell to customers

This is a good question you are bringing up, there have been several case of what you call "fake" avatar getting hall of fames or rare items, you call this non proffesional but this is a common thing (ever played online poker?) and if you get to think about it well this is probably a good way for them to maintain a good balance on the money available around, not fair one may say but this is how the game goes..

We-Arents anyone? :laugh:

Aren't we mostly see the same names all the time and meet most of them now and then? Such a global conspiracy for years would be too much of a hassle :)

What happend in the past is quickly forgotten as i can see, if you had not noticed or thought about it back then you probably do not know about it, i believe this isnt a hassle at all and infact is a good way to take peds away from the system generating a profit for the company.
Do you know any random name that get super high loot? those we call the noob ATHers? i dont want to sound paranoid but you ALWAYS have to think about every possibility before you make your mind up and understand the depth of it.

RX are cooler than any undercover ones but work in a similar way (have the same purpose), I'm not going to quote kim on it, joat posted the statement a few pages back.
Congrats sir RX Beta 242 you did better than 243 (hardest part is yet to come, secure the loot), i hope they dont erase him out of the project :lolup: he was a cool one to defeat but this event will be a fun one of WSSs.

I'm baffled by some players posts in this thread. I would like to have a discussion without "whiner", "idiot" and so on thrown around as arguments.

The assertion was made that PEDs in game does not matter, so who is winning them is not the point. I wish that the RX unit would had a 400.000 PED pyrite and seconds later a 200.000 on a pvp mob, and see the reactions then. And I really do not want to take about the RX unit and his role only at the end, but about what influence an influx of PEDs in game not covered by deposits can have.

In ideal circumstances, the number of PED in game would match EXACTLY the difference between player's deposits and withdrawals minus the "vaporized" peds (MA cut - we can treat those as withdrawals too, imagine a large fat purse collecting PED in decay and misses and fees and so on, of course MA does not wait three months to get them).

Now we know the number of PEDs in game is MUCH larger than that, and some justify it by saying that banks don't have them either. Well, I do not trust banks much and also MA is not a bank - it does not make investments (they tried once and lost 1.4 million) or buy bonds or issue loans with interest, also does not have governments behind them to pour money every time they get too greedy and lose. There were times when banks got cleaned up in days if they did not kept enough cash aside and deponents found out, now is just 1-2 day closure until the trucks with printed money arrives.

So from where those extra PEDs are coming from? Observing MA modus operandi by now I cannot accept the explanation that they injected serious PEDs into game from their own pockets - either from sale of LA's, TP naming rights, CLD, planets, moons, shops, motherships and so on. That was their profit, and nobody can convince me (without an official MA document) that they left any sizable portion in game. People deposited huge PED's in game, bought the properties from MA, MA erased most of the PEDs from the game (sane thing to do) and pocketed the real world equivalent. The scope of MA sales is to give them hard cash against a virtual property, not to keep those peds in game. If they did it, they are insane.

My opinion (and is just that, MY OPINION) the extra peds comes from past ATHs and HOFs, event prizes, oil rig and mainly from bugs and exploits of bugs.

I do not know how it was years ago, but when I started in 2011 the loot seemed more loosely tied to the available funds than now, so bigger HOF's and ATH's slowly increased the number of PED's in game above the amounts deposited. Maybe was an unforeseen consequence of an imperfect algorithm. Sure was nice to have 7k HOFs on Argo young. Already the mining exploit was discovered, which by itself generated a huge amount of PEDs in game without the real spending occurring.

No idea how much PEDs were taken out of the game via that exploit, still there are more PEDs around (and bugs) than MA can cover. Many have the sensation that now big HOFs and ATHs cannot happen unless the "purse" is filled, i.e. enough peds are lost by players, hence the displeasure to see MA taking the purse.

I doubt MA poured any significant money into that ava anyway, they only have 1000 ped per month they said but maybe this particular ava has other rules. Maybe it got carried away using amps - doesn't this affect economy by itself, aka increase or maintain MU for amps?

Mining Stats
Favorite Mineral: Pyrite Stone
Highest Loot: 9 158 PED
Total Loot: 19 083 PED
Mining Rank: 780 of 1 304

Is not much overall, is mostly about taking a global to drawn attention and to generate enough PVP decay. Maybe even provoke some soc war - at 29 Jan 2014 17:00:52 MA he can take the first 4000 TT from that tower :D.

Some say this HOF does not affect other players. I say 900 small or big time players (miners or not) has to lose 100 ped each in game to cover it. Any other variant would means more PED generated in game without cover.
Seeing he's an insider, it will be always the suspicion of reverse Robin Hood (taking from many to give to few).

MA has to take into account this effect too when introducing a role-playing avatar: players are more willing to accept a defeat against a competitor rather against the referee, and this is all is about.

Here, I did it, the long winded post but certainly not the record!

Some say this HOF does not affect other players. I say 900 small or big time players (miners or not) has to lose 100 ped each in game to cover it.

If this _true_ - then it 10 ped each, sigh. (still fucking drama, many will do seppuku in Twins for some pecs)

But it isn't, since in other case - my turnover would not show almost perfect 90% return, since I saw many hofs and aths - and you know, they would influence badly.

its supposed to be fun having it around mining pvp4 so that players would do teams and work together to take him down i guess;)

Just another thing to make people more intressted in pvp?

He has been mining for months, let him make pvp4 more intresting:smoke:

Yea it's no biggie he hit 9k and he is hard to pk so let's say to make a pk team and go hunt him will be big loss,but let's say it was 90k and that is very motivating to go hunt him down,the team 20-30 pk ppl with V-rex,terminator,mod dar all high pvp gear hit him and manage to loot him and after that they pk eachother and last man standing takes all,or they split fair and square.So then the ped's RX mined will not go back in to the system they will go in Pvp-ers pockets,so who's money they have??

I doubt MA poured any significant money into that ava anyway, they only have 1000 ped per month they said but maybe this particular ava has other rules.

500-1000 ped a month, according to Kim, get usual employers just to have some free fun in game in their free time. But RX units are different, it's not a fun but a work for them (ok, I'm sure they have fun too, but that's not the main goal) so they're most likely provided with any amount of peds that's needed for this work.

dr3w argues for the sake of arguing, and to further bolster his self-image. Don't get sucked in by the troll :wise:

Really interesting thread, my thinking is,

if the loot algorithm is fixed and MA cant affect it then an RX unit mining in pvp will have as much chance of hitting a tower as any other serious miner. As MA staff cannot withdraw then this ped can only get recycled or sit on the RX account. As RX units seem to serve an in game purpose the second option is unlikely.

If MA can affect the loot algorithm and deliberately allowed the rx unit to hit a tower then once again the rx unit can only cycle the ped or let it sit on its account - same as above.

The real question if the second option is correct is where did the ped come from in the first place. Remember over christmas the MA liquidator sold off items from banned accounts. I believe in the court hearing the agreement was that a percentage of the avatar value was to be returned to the owners of the banned accounts. What about the rest of the avatar value. Well MA could have put it on the bottom line and shown it as profit. The consensus seems to be that MA deliberately shows a loss on its financials to reduce its tax liability. This may simply be a way of MA disposing of this profit.

All this is pure conjecture but what we can say is that in the long run MA have not taken from the players loot pool as the RX unit will recycle the ped anyway.

Just my thoughts

Can someone explain what is a problem here... since I fail to see any in light of what we already knew for long time.

MA stated many times that they play game the same way as any other participants. Hell, I remember even that it has been said that they HAVE TO PLAY as part of job.

I can't see how this RX is making any difference, since we do not know names of other official avatars (at least i do not know) and we do not know how big loots they ever had.
I guess that this is a reason why MA keep names secret. We see how much dram this causes....

I'm too lazy too look for all quotes (some might be from live interviews) but here are few to let you think.

Would you deny a mcdonalds employee a tasty big mac on the house? After all it might affect your experience.

Here's the bottom line, our PEDs come from sales such as estates and motherships. We can either pocket this money by deleting the PEDs thus reducing the amount of currency in circulation or cycle it back in various ways such as playing with it on our own avatars. The latter is the better alternative for you, assuming you want more rather than less money in the system.

And no we cant influence the loot of a single player. We're a business and how exactly would that help improve our bottom line? Adding features to the system costs big money and it isn't wasted on things that can't possibly contribute to that.

She will shoot whoever discovers her real name!

Eviscerators have been real PED suckers to me...

The RX unit was actually mining, thats the only way to get a tower.

Its an avatar cycling peds, they dont take peds out, they just cycle, be happy about it instead of ventilating your frustration from losses in the wrong direction.

If u are gonna make assumtions please get your facts straight, if not then refrain yourself from posting.

People don't seem to understand several factors come to play in this situation.

First where does he get the amps, is it an unl amp, is he buying off auction hence having some influence on MU, i could think of more but we all have a brain, lets use it.

If u are gonna make assumtions please get your facts straight, if not then refrain yourself from posting.

What assumptions were wrong? That the avatar was mining, not withrawing peds, or that you were frustrated over losses?

What assumptions were wrong? That the avatar was mining, not withrawing peds, or that you were frustrated over losses?

I never said the ava wasn't mining, i never said he didn't tower, i never said he was withdrawing the peds, now what you said, here it comes the assumption, i am frustrated of losses?

That's what i mean, get you facts straight, or stop humping a thread.

People don't seem to understand several factors come to play in this situation.

First where does he get the amps, is it an unl amp, is he buying off auction hence having some influence on MU, i could think of more but we all have a brain, lets use it.

If the peds he use come from sales ingame, its not affecting anything.

If the peds he use come from MA creating more peds out of thin air, then ofcourse it does have an impact, however Kim told us long ago this is not the case, the peds come from ingame sales / activites.

If MA wanted to secretly screw us, trust me they could without you knowing , since they kinda owns everything already.

If the peds he use come from sales ingame, its not affecting anything.

If the peds he use come from MA creating more peds out of thin air, then ofcourse it does have an impact, however Kim told us long ago this is not the case, the peds come from ingame sales / activites.

If MA wanted to secretly screw us, trust me they could without you knowing , since they kinda owns everything already.

Peds come from ingame sale sure i can agree with that, but ped used from those sales to influence MU ingame (if we ever find out how he gets the amps), that's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim|Calypso View Post
Would you deny a mcdonalds employee a tasty big mac on the house? After all it might affect your experience.

^^^ This

....."oh no I work for macdonalds but I dont eat their burgers cos they taste bloody awful" - not good marketing

Status
Back