Idea to fix Entropedia

Ember

Dominant
JCT Ember Fireheart
I got an idea to fix the seriously messed up info on Entropedia. We, as the player base, give whoever gives accurate data, weapon info, mob danger levels, etc. and give them a certain amount of PED per creature/item that has been fixed and verified to be true.

Like, I update info on Cosmic Horrors, by adding loot, locations, and danger levels. Someone goes and checks these, proves them fairly true, and I get the reward.

Ideas and comments, anyone? :rolleyes:

Let me know where to submit my bill for the 57412 updates I've made to date then, and how much of that you're prepared to contribute. :yay:

Here's another alternative that you could consider though, that doesn't cost anyone anything other than a little time:

Everyone who uses Entropedia helps to keep it updated.

Let me know where to submit my bill for the 57412 updates I've made to date then, and how much of that you're prepared to contribute. :yay:

Here's another alternative that you could consider though, that doesn't cost anyone anything other than a little time:

Everyone who uses Entropedia helps to keep it updated.

Well, I meant as of now :silly2:

As of using the pedia... Not all people who use it update it :(
Like exploring Calypso for creatures... Well, there is another point there too, so yea, I can agree.

Ember said:
I got an idea to fix the seriously messed up info on Entropedia. We, as the player base, give whoever gives accurate data, weapon info, mob danger levels, etc. and give them a certain amount of PED per creature/item that has been fixed and verified to be true.

Paying people to keep a wiki update date is against the spirit of wikis. It's supposed to be a community effort. And who pays?

People who care do update everything themselves. People who don't care wouldn't pay and would wait for others to do it for them, just like now they expect for others to update.

It kinda destroys the idea of wikipedia - updated by the people, fre to use always.

what we needs is some sort of active scanner that updates the website, much like thotbot of warcraft.

something in open source format.

what we needs is some sort of active scanner that updates the website, much like thotbot of warcraft.

Just force MA to put this info in chat:
<location> (this could be OCRed from radar - so not mandatory but makes things much easier ;))
<type of looted mob>
<item list (with quantity and TT value for non stackable items)>

I know part of this info is avaible when hunting in team but its only part and there are much more solo hunters than team hunters (and besides this - shared loot mobs would not be possible to track because they don't appear in team loot).

I give max 2 weeks and you will have desired soft ;) (i know i would make one for my personal use).

But then there will be players who will be very much against it. With exact statistics on % (long term) of item drop chances on each mob - you can easily predict average output before even going for a hunt.
So soon after enough data colected (i would say 3-12 months) - smart people would hunt only things with +110% average markup (easy to calculate if you have % of item drop chance). And this would lead to situation where not even single mob with +110% average markup exists.
No markup = end of the game.

@op:
to improve entropedia - so there is valid information there - we need exact decay information on each item. Without it its to troublesome to test all of the gazilion new items MA is pumping into the game. For instance: i alone would fill all the mindforce section just for fun and for having good place with all the information on it. But buying each chip just to make one shoot and fruit test it - its not worth the time (and sometimes with UL chips its not even possible for me becasue there are none for sale).

Falagor
:bandit:

There was once a great program called EU hunter, that would update entropedia loots if you were in team so it could read the main chat.
I still use it to track my losses :yay:

As Falagor states the exact decay of items would be just amazing... talking mainly about Calypso, since most players hunt/mine/ craft on Calypso

Demonikos :tiphat:

If Mindark and PPs really wanted it all to be 100% accurate they'd just update it themselves as they changed things and added them. Since they don't it's obvious that they want EU to be 'dynamic' which is why they always change things. If you really expect an online wiki like that to be 100% accurate at all times, you are chasing a carrot on a stick. Market manipulators can and do make changes there and in other wikis quite often, so often in fact, that you'd probably be surprised at how often you've fallen for their bait.

Back