FYI: RX-Unit Beta

Dessa

Alpha
Society
Holy Moly
Dessa Dessa Dj
We managed to track and hunt down the RX-unit in PvP4 after we saw him globaling inside the zone.

We had a team of 5 ppl Me , Linzey, Nika, Elle and Lola

After some hard fights with him we managed to loot him with a surpisingly nice bathc of loot:handgun: :eyecrazy:

Was in quite a shock when I saw loot on screen and teleported out as fast as I could:tp:

Very nice!! BIG BIG GZ :laugh::laugh::yay::handgun:

This kinda seems like an unannounced promotion of PVP4, or some kind of event that you stumbled on... seriously, who in their right mind would ever stay in PVP4 with that much loot on them?

My guess is this was some sort of gimmick to encourage people to chase him down, participate in PVP4 more, and maybe this might be a reoccurring thing in the future.

I just can't fathom someone staying in PVP4 knowing they have that much lootable cash on them...

GZ! :)

Could also be a planned handout to WSS, since who else is capable of taking down a MA avatar?

...since who else is capable of taking down a MA avatar?

I would imagine anyone is capable of taking down provided they fulfill certain criteria:
1) Get off lazy ass and actually make a determined effort
2) Practice pvp so they get better at it
3) ?
4) ?
and other criteria i guess only proper pvp regulars would know about...

So it does look like a promotion of pvp as mspudding suggested.

Having said that do you think a solo player could take him down? I've been practicing pvp in the hub so this could be an in5eresting test...

Also it's nice to see " pirates " have to for a change actually make an effort to get loot...

Could also be a planned handout to WSS, since who else is capable of taking down a MA avatar?

if you get to the end of the sea you will fall of the earth. our sun is the center of the universe.

They posted a screen shot rather quick, and my guess was to do one thing, simply to boast. Which is fine, not judging, just voicing my opinion of my observation.

In regards to Hijacker's comment, if I were part of a "plan" to receive a substantial portion of secret loot, I wouldn't quickly come to the forums and post screens of it. I would quietly divide the loot between those involved and those informed. There was no global message or indicator to alert anyone to the take-down of RX, nor an indicator as to what the reward was. For those reasons I think this is all part of some possible event, and the winners simply came here to get a little applause and "gz's" if you will.

my :twocents:

I would imagine anyone is capable of taking down provided they fulfill certain criteria:
1) Get off lazy ass and actually make a determined effort
2) Practice pvp so they get better at it
3) ?
4) ?
and other criteria i guess only proper pvp regulars would know about...

So it does look like a promotion of pvp as mspudding suggested.

Having said that do you think a solo player could take him down? I've been practicing pvp in the hub so this could be an in5eresting test...

Also it's nice to see " pirates " have to for a change actually make an effort to get loot...

1. Not get looted after you get the loot, and if you aren't part of the dominant group, good luck with that.

Can the RX player count? MA could use someone to re-tally some mayhem numbers instead of stealing thousands of PED from players to give to a few. RX unit actively pvp's and spends his paid development time mining, which is one reason we have no state of union or mayhem totals...priorities are in place!

gz on loot guys , but insted of playing in pvp that avatar better go help devo team fix mm event results and ingame bugs, community will just be more frustrated the way game runs now

why oh why can't you lot agree on something.

1 side: we want MA to play test!

other side: but if they do they cost us money Q.Q

they dont. when these RX avatars play and supposedly cost us money, are they not usually in pvp, and with that much loot on them, don't you think it's that whatever they gained can be gained by those who are willing to seize the opportunity no matter the risk?

besides, Isn't actively PVPing the easiest way to test wether or not a whole bunch of systems are working properly in the live version compared to the test servers? mining, hunting, armors, plates, weapons, attachments, tools... I'd have it no other way.

and in that way, forming a team is alot better then to go solo, can't blame them. In secret anyone wishes they would have gotten that phat loot. But since it's not them, (same as with almost any ATH or 10k+ uber hof), let's go Q.Q on the topic of the victors. pfft.

1. Not get looted after you get the loot, and if you aren't part of the dominant group, good luck with that.

maybe u should try?
u could take some forum hrs and make a team instead and get a strong pvp team.

The RX Unit came back to mine more today.

Again after noticing him global we got together a team fought him many times around in pvp4 we got pwned several times :nutkick: until we finally got lucky :launcher:

Can the RX player count? MA could use someone to re-tally some mayhem numbers instead of stealing thousands of PED from players to give to a few. RX unit actively pvp's and spends his paid development time mining, which is one reason we have no state of union or mayhem totals...priorities are in place!

I have no proof of course but i doubt the RX unit is played during worktime.

My wild guess :

The peds are from the auction sales of that 2 banned avatars. While mindark had to pay a cut of this to the banned guys in Dollars, all peds are still ingame until mindark decide to delete them. They probably took this peds and shared them amongst mindark avatars for personal use. The RX unit is probably played by someone from caly/mindark in his free time. He is purchasing big amps from the market cycling those peds to the crafters, he use the same rules as everyone means he lose monney from his activities unless he get super mu stuff from mining and sell that. Even more he keep a big stack of those ores in his inventory to give pvp orientated players some hard nut to crack.

He is not taking peds from the pool he is cycling them back into the pool. He dosnt steal anything he is pumping peds meant to be deleted back into the economy. People should broaden their vievs.

This is my personal opinion and it might be false but unless someone gives hard evidence its different i want to believe in this.

Grats to the team that managed to kill the Rx unit :)

I think this is really cool . Actually giving players the chance at some nice loot in PVP .
I dont know how tough the RX unit is , I imagine he isnt an easy kill. So great to see teams taking him down .

:wtg:

Its a promotion of pvp, and it is hardly unannounced. Kim has said several times in interviews that they are going to do more of this. Not only have they made missions that require going into pvp areas, starting with Bloodclaw, they continue to do so as promised. There is a mining mission you need to do in pvp and a bunch of the daily missions also point you to it.

heh, double gratz :yay:

besides, Isn't actively PVPing the easiest way to test wether or not a whole bunch of systems are working properly in the live version compared to the test servers? mining, hunting, armors, plates, weapons, attachments, tools... I'd have it no other way.

If they wanted to test servers, they could have an (advertised) RX event as they had in the past. RX in base in pvp1, or Wastelanders at oil rig. Somewhere it doesn't cost you 5 ped antitoxic (and possibly hunting loot you forgot you had on you) if you get shot.

He is not taking peds from the pool he is cycling them back into the pool. He dosnt steal anything he is pumping peds meant to be deleted back into the economy. People should broaden their vievs.

Normally, yes.

But getting several thousands of PEDs out in lootable pvp is pretty much a give-away. Those who manage to loot theese RX, and are able to get the loots safely out of lootable pvp and (for instance) into a trade terminal is pretty much free to do whatever they wish with these peds; and as it's more than 1000 peds it's even enough to file a withdraw. If the receiver of the PEDs is filing for a withdraw these Money for sure aren't going back into loot pool. As for the cycling of markup; sure, the RX might have bought mining amp(s) from normal crafter(s) at a markup, but on the other hand, if the receiver of the pyrite (or other high markup mined material) is Selling it at normal market price, the next crafter in line would be paying the markup. I doubt those who got this will offer it to a crafter for TT. (Do WSS have a crafter who sells his crafted goods publicly?).

I Think that if a normal avatar had tried to go there to take a look or even shoot at the rx, (someone not being known for being a professional PK:er, and seemingly looking like a typical low- or midleve player) that normal avatar would have been shot at sight. Especially if the society at site is pvp oriented.

Last edited:
I have no proof of course but i doubt the RX unit is played during worktime.

My wild guess :

The peds are from the auction sales of that 2 banned avatars. While mindark had to pay a cut of this to the banned guys in Dollars, all peds are still ingame until mindark decide to delete them. They probably took this peds and shared them amongst mindark avatars for personal use. The RX unit is probably played by someone from caly/mindark in his free time. He is purchasing big amps from the market cycling those peds to the crafters, he use the same rules as everyone means he lose monney from his activities unless he get super mu stuff from mining and sell that. Even more he keep a big stack of those ores in his inventory to give pvp orientated players some hard nut to crack.

This is my personal opinion and it might be false but unless someone gives hard evidence its different i want to believe in this.

Grats to the team that managed to kill the Rx unit :)

If he isnt playing on MA time acting as an official avatar, then he is essentially a money laundering avatar for the company, which its questionable anyhow even if on company time. Not too unlike the hacking pirates of the past few years, without action....They too are probably playing off company time.

The idea that MA allows any employee an avatar in this game makes me more uneasy. Most companies have policies regarding employees and products(especially sweepstakes or other financial windfalls) for a very particular legal reason.

Either way MA has made it clear they are not worth investing in any further. I will continue withdraws and continue to not deposit into the game, I was considering a large investment, but I just can't without confidence in MA. A consumer level investigation is inevitable with this behavior, and the impact and amount of money involved is simply becoming to much too avoid raising an eyebrow or two.

The powers that be do not like companies who shelter/transfer funds in questionable ways, and no-one likes a secretive for-profit organization. I had a deposit via bank transfer a year ago, the bank was extra careful to trace every aspect of the transaction even hold it, because according to the tech, authorities directed them to. They are not sheltered from prying and interested eyes.

MA's lack of action, and certain actions broadened my view enough to conclude a messy future for the company in regards to liability, risk, management ability and communication or care for the customer. I got my entertainment value out of the game, and continue to get entertainment value with assets ingame, but I have no desire to invest more when so many basic things are being neglected.

I think its great that RX Unit makes some action in pvp4. We had alot of fun fighting him and it wasnt cheap to kill him either.

Thanks and + rep to RX Unit Beta 242 and MA for doing this.:wtg:

And I can assure all of you that I will cycle all back in lootpool :better:

Reactions: aia
Quite interesting to see that some people still think the ingame value has any
direct connection with RL values. :)
They can increase or decrease the ingame value as they want, but doing so
it could ruin the eco, so it has to be done in a balanced way.

They posted a screen shot rather quick, and my guess was to do one thing, simply to boast. Which is fine, not judging, just voicing my opinion of my observation.

In regards to Hijacker's comment, if I were part of a "plan" to receive a substantial portion of secret loot, I wouldn't quickly come to the forums and post screens of it. I would quietly divide the loot between those involved and those informed. There was no global message or indicator to alert anyone to the take-down of RX, nor an indicator as to what the reward was. For those reasons I think this is all part of some possible event, and the winners simply came here to get a little applause and "gz's" if you will.

my :twocents:

I think the highlighted part is what Hijacker was getting at. There is no way to know one way or the other as most don't trust MA anymore. Do I think that's what happened. OFC not. but Do I think they should implement PVP globals and HOFs and ATH's Fuck yes I do.

u killed 10 people hof.. You tanked rx 282 for 3500ped.. no swirlie?? wtf. That should get fixed whether they r looting small shit or amps or guns or whatever.

It would be cool if the events were announced yes but at the detriment to the real hard core pvp peeps. They are there everyday or most of the time. Not doing a one off to get rich quick off an event.

They put in a lot to be a pain in the ass to everyone else in PVP, I think they deserve this.

As even I saw when RX hoffed yesterday and I was on ARK, same the time before. So anyone can go hunting for em then. the Global or Hof of an RX is the announcement.

GZ to the looter and team.

For those of u who don't know what your dealing with. RX has super mod faps, guns that obliterate u and yes they have like 20k hp... so gl doing them solo ROFL..

If anyone wants to go after em and im on invite and ill try to help, but I kinda suck at the pvp so far lol.

LB

RX has super mod faps, guns that obliterate u and yes they have like 20k hp...

I was told that this particular RX unit had about 1-2k hps. So, not that hard of a target. Also, did he even PK hof when he was shot? Which means that he was (un)able to kill at least 10 people. That's like 50 ped in toxic shots loss for the hunting party. Expensive to kill, eh? Please... 10-15 rockets max.

Few days ago (on 1st Feb) the RX unit hit 9158 narc tower. Apparently this here is the second click of it. Gratz to WSS, the undisputed N1 PK soc (currently 100% Landgrab winners).

Meanwhile, as a somehow frequent PvP4 miner who can't afford amps 13 like the RX Beta 242, I was "enjoying" the usual 30-40% loot return, mostly lysterium instead of pyrite... Meh.

Back