Help: Complete the TEN armor sets

Status
bump it up now!!!

bump it up right now

bump it up right now

Full sets are players rights!

Bump!!

The argument about 'what mob these pieces might be in' is beside the point.

The 'missing' Chronicle TEN pieces were specifically mentioned as having been distributed to the Cyrene planet team, for use a prizes in a special event to be held as part of the EU tenth anniversary celebrations.

Without reading the whole of the Cyrene forum, it looks like the Cyrene dev team have (at least) twice now planned and promoted a TEN event, to cancel the event at the last moment as "not approved by MindArk".

I'm somewhat baffled why they would go ahead with promoting an event before ensuring approval has been obtained, and I see no specific reason offered for why the planned events were NOT approved.
Presumably there was some critical requirement for the event that Cyrene didn't meet.

I would doubt that MindArk will simply remove the items from the Cyrene team, and it's indeed possible that there are time constraints on what MindArk can do under the Planet Partner agreement to take the items back into their own control.
It would be more reasonable, and thus more likely, that Cyrene will be given another opportunity to put forward an acceptable event framework.

IMHO, the ball is in Cyrene's court.
Engaging the Cyrene dev team in a discussion about this is likely to be a more productive use of time than posting on the Calypso forum.
(Incidentally, MindArk dev's may post here when commenting on such things as results of a Calypso-based event etc, but that doesn't make this the 'official forum' for MindArk. Magyar correctly points out that EntropiaForum.com has that role.)

And by 'engaging in a discussion', I don't mean bumping a thread on their forum once a month with an abusive remark.
Try asking them what were the specific reasons for the last event attempt being cancelled by MA.
What they, as a team, are doing to address that issue for their next event attempt.
And perhaps, what you, as a member of the Cyrene/EU community (and the one who apparently has most to gain from this being run), can do to help them address that issue so that their next event creation attempt is successful.

In my experience, negotiation works a lot better than bitching.
Or as Dad says: 'You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.'

<removed>
Serica, I agree the ball seems to be in Cyrene's court, especially with the post Nor Alien provided. Side-question, when would this response come if I just waited silently?
However, as for the way I am trying to remind about the event, see nothing incorrect. Yes I could try to contact Cyrene devs on private channels - however I feel that it would be just like trying to have a private line to MA, morally much more questionable.
Seems that MA, Cyrene and some customers of the game (or maybe they only visit a forum now and then, no relation to the game) are forgetting that the simple truth customers should be treated as always right. Not only we as customers have responsibilities, the other side as well. I don't have to honey-ball it for them.
Thought it was obvious I am not only using this thread to address MA (ofc I know the chance of them reading it is small). It is also to show to the community (customers) how things are organized and how you can get screwed with trusting the organization. And that we should not tolerate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated the first post with timeline around the infamous event.
<removed>

/mod note/

You reported these things, girtsn?
Or you just posted in a thread expecting a mod might somehow stumble over it while forensically reading every post on the forum made since they logged the previous night, just in case someone might have broken a rule somewhere?

The only reason I noticed this thread at all today is that someone else reported it, not you.
I'd planned to come back after my post above and mod the thread, but real life just got away from me a bit today, and so this hasn't got back to the top of my priority list until now.
And it's only there now because my husband offered to cook dinner tonight, bless him. :girl:

Thanks Nor Alien for linking that thread from the Cyrene forum.

It makes it more than obvious that Cyrene are still planning to hold their event, and that there is a plan that the remaining TEN armor parts will be given out as prizes, if and when they get their event approved by MindArk.

As I said above, the ball is in their court.

Continuing to post about it here is starting to sound just a bit like an irritating kid in the backseat saying 'are we there yet?' every minute while the driver negotiates around a bit of a detour in the road.

You reported these things, girtsn?
Or you just posted in a thread expecting a mod might somehow stumble over it while forensically reading every post on the forum made since they logged the previous night, just in case someone might have broken a rule somewhere?
Sorry, stepped out of the line here quite a lot by blaming moderators. Wanted to just point out that the guy who was poisoning this thread was fighting in a very offensive way by using a lot of ungrounded personal insults. The rest is history, thank you for moderating the thread. Honestly, one of the reasons no reports were made from my side is because I would have preferred the things he said to be out there as they were originally as it was clear who was the child.
And it's only there now because my husband offered to cook dinner tonight, bless him. :girl:
This subject is taking up too much of my personal time as well, good for you for the diner :)
Continuing to post about it here is starting to sound just a bit like an irritating kid in the backseat saying 'are we there yet?' every minute while the driver negotiates around a bit of a detour in the road.
I will continue to bump the thread here and on Cyrene forum, since while I was empty for 5 months or so (see timeline), there was silence, which changed while actively bringing up the subject. It might be coincidence, but I certainly feel better trying to do something than sitting there watching.
Really love your child in a car analogy. Suppose I am the child who is around 8 years old now (total time spent in MA proximity). Bit weird since I stopped being their child for 3 years or so in-between, but ok :). So this "bit of a detour" has been 1 year which is 1/8 of my lifetime, or 1/5 of being with the parent. Forgive me, but seems quite appropriate to raise some concerns after being silent for half year...

Sorry, stepped out of the line here quite a lot by blaming moderators. Wanted to just point out that the guy who was poisoning this thread was fighting in a very offensive way by using a lot of ungrounded personal insults. The rest is history, thank you for moderating the thread. Honestly, one of the reasons no reports were made from my side is because I would have preferred the things he said to be out there as they were originally as it was clear who was the child.

You're still at it.

Look, the message from staff both times has been quite clear. You're on the wrong forum.

You seem incapable of hearing that. What you see as childish behavior was another person pointing out every.single.reason. why you should not be posting this particular thread on this forum. It does not belong. It's only reasons to exist are errors in rationalization, vanity, and an overdeveloped sense of entitlement.

I see this entire thread as vitriolic, from start to finish. Vitriolic and unnecessary.

bump it up
I think this thread is useful and it's not against the forum rules, so it goes on.
<removed>.

/mod note/

1. Cyrene have announced on their forum they are presently negotiating with MA for another TEN event, where the remaining armor pieces will be used as prizes.

2. Therefore the resolution of this issue is in progress, and in their hands.

girtsn said:
I had a thread bashing Cyrene but since they clearly said it was MA who did not allow the event to happen December 2013, I stopped it and go for MA instead.
'Bashing' either MindArk or another planet partner, because they are not letting you complete an armor set as fast as you want, is outside the scope of this Calypso forum.

So, let me make it short and simple:

You're a member of Cyrene forum. They have what you want. Go take it up with them.
:locked:

Status
Back