Win the Spider LA - Land Grab - We need YOU!!!!

What if.....

If you Think of me personally I wasn't in the designated society, so I didn't have any personal substantial gain (taxes) from whoever side would win. (And my gear is (L) and would wear down anyway, if I was in for profit I should have sold my gear day Before the LG.)

I got the impression the mcr in this landgrab Went within 5 mintues or so? (thinking of the time when the battle was over)

Gunzy, laban and buk buck stone connected in mcr room after lg started and destroyed it .

Yes, but I thought you were talking about some LG a few weeks ago.

It was 3-4 people visiting a fort you had, one of them was BAHQ. The five of you could probably ahve blown him away immediately if he was using flamethrower.

I've had over 24 hours now to reflect on this Land Grab and it comes down to one thing only.

This is an MMO correct. Lets Just to clarify what that means = massively multiplayer online game.

It's core purpose to keep a massive amount of people online at the same time. There are no excuses if the MMO fails to uphold that core value.

What does "multiplayer" mean? 20 people? nahhh I'd say 100's of people minimum.

MA can handle people, when they do robot wars. So I think despite this thread running for 10 days plus, they did not bother adding the resources it deserved. I do not know what to believe, even conspiracy theories about my team being crashed....what are you supposed to think in such a situation.

Ok...this is what happened to me at this so called Land Grab:

Flew into the fort, within seconds my quad was destroyed and I was killed.
I revived on the same spot near the claim with no HP and was killed again instantly.
After about 15 or so revives and deaths with no HP, on the same spot within the fort, I was finally sent to sukura.

The server then decides it owes 15 or so revives at the revive terminal.
After about 5 revives I thought it might be quicker to relog and cancel the other owed revives.
As it turns out that was a bad mistake, it took at least 20 attempts to log in.
Once finally logged in I was kicked after about 10 seconds.
Then kicked again at least a further 10 times after 10 seconds.

Finally with about 10 or less mins left of the LG the server lets me in, and that time was wasted finding out who had made it back in, and trying to fly to the Fort.

So this not a battle at all, I won't even insult myself, my team or anyone else by considering it a Land Grab.

I'm so pissed with the game right now, we pay £100's to play this shit, not $5 a month.

Rick

Last edited:
Basically, what rick said.

And no, it is not called whinning if something does not do what it should do. An over should heat, a fridge should cool and an MMO should handle alot of players in the same location.

Basically, what rick said.

And no, it is not called whinning if something does not do what it should do. An over should heat, a fridge should cool and an MMO should handle alot of players in the same location.

Well i think everyone in all socs think the same way and didnt say any different.

We totaly agree there is a problem with the game here.

Well i think everyone in all socs think the same way and didnt say any different.

We totaly agree there is a problem with the game here.

And this (atleast for me) sadly means no more LG challenges until they fix it.
but be warned, if they do; we will come prepared... :vampire:

Well i have never ever notice this before on a attack with this much problems.
There has been problems but not this much.

But right now im trying to figure out if there has been this big attack sens they changed to the "better" server who made everything alot slower.

Maybe they have problem with new servers, everyone know everything is alot worse with new servers.
(au lagg, storage lagg, pm lagg, loot lagg, everything lagg)

Well I looked forward to MA asking us to help them test the server 'load'.

That's all they got to do it isn't hard. "Could the community please turn up at the fort on X time, so we can test the server and improve the service"

Cost them nothing to ask for our help, even non PVP zone so they can test just people without shooting.

I spent a lot of time in and out of gaming recruiting, not to mention the incredible effort by other colonels in the soc to bring people together. I'm sure WSS had their work cut out too pre-event.

It just feels like a kick in the face after all the work. LOL...I guess just how MA feel after an update and the comments on PCF....smiling now.

Rick

Gunzy, laban and buk buck stone connected in mcr room after lg started and destroyed it .

Aaah the famous cK exploit, atleast it was according to BA when we did that lol

What does "multiplayer" mean? 20 people? nahhh I'd say 100's of people minimum.

MA can handle people, when they do robot wars. So I think despite this thread running for 10 days plus, they did not bother adding the resources it deserved. I do not know what to believe, even conspiracy theories about my team being crashed....what are you supposed to think in such a situation.

The thing really is - the servers can handle a bunch of people, but at some undefined / unknown levels, they start fallling over pretty bad and stupid shit happens. These days you can have several times more people on radar before you actually start feeling the effects compared to what it used to be. I think the bigger problem right now is not so much the amount of people a server can handle, but the very ungraceful manner it behaves with too many.

Remember when present port Atlantis was new?

The thing really is - the servers can handle a bunch of people, but at some undefined / unknown levels, they start fallling over pretty bad and stupid shit happens. These days you can have several times more people on radar before you actually start feeling the effects compared to what it used to be. I think the bigger problem right now is not so much the amount of people a server can handle, but the very ungraceful manner it behaves with too many.

Remember when present port Atlantis was new?

There are different kinds of problems because of many people, that (I guess) are unrelated by itself:

1) Higher risk of crashes (CTDs). Not sure if there is a direct relationship, but rather, that the more people on radar, the higher risk there is of CTDs. Solution: More stable client code. My guess is that there is some bug related to avatar rendering, or "de-rendering" (for instance when a dead person leaves radar).

2) More lag because of server load. (This one is fairly easy to understand, more people on radar, the more the server has to work to broadcast all movements, and the longer it takes for client to get updates of all people.) I don't Think this is a big issue as it sounds.

3) Eyecandy: Smoke from VTOL Engines, smoke from rockets, fog in corridors, fancy claim rod, grass straws on field, smoke explosion from Chalte's fireballs, maybe waving trees. Things that eats Power from the GPU. In latest VU we also got windows with shimmering frames and fade-in/fade-out in menus that probably doesn't add to lag by itself but makes game feel laggy.

4) "Show-up delay": The time it takes to render avatars. I don't know if it's fixed, but if same person comes and leave radar range, that the client has to re-render them all the time and with 100s of avatars it can take some time with less CPU Power. Don't know if it's fixed, but in VU10.9 rendering of avatars had priority over radar, so on TP-runs you could see a tail of avatars on the radar that really were somewhere else but radar wasn't updated because rendering of avatars had higher priority.

5) "Backend problems": Problem logging in ("timeout occured durign login process"), inventory servers (lag and "internal error") when moving items to and from storage, lag (say 30 seconds+) when repairing and using trade terminal, lag when splitting stacks (padlock on stacks). Teleportation lag (delay after you've used a teleporter and until you arrive, delay Before being moved to revival terminal, in some cases delay also when you charge-up TP-chip).

A special case of 5 is
5a) Auction lag. When you click auctioneer and you after 30 seconds get an empty auction window, when finished auctions aren't executed or removed from list timely. (Actually recently since a few Days auction feels better).

For this landgrab, I'd say it was (5) that at least for me was the highest problem.

One odd fix that would be nice would be the option to set font for main chat window. Why? Because, if you run the game with lesser resolution, the main chat window feels like it takes more than half of the screen in with. You *can* make it smaller, but if you make it smaller than default, after a while you tend to miss things becase it doesn't scroll down to last line. Being able to use a fons like 7p "small fonts" the chat window would take less relative Place on screen, you'd be able to run client in say 1024x768 and it might feel faster, in tight situations.

Another odd fix I want would be to tbe able to have at least two different graphical set of options, for instance one for Close-range hunting (with low settings, to reduce lag), and Another set, for instance for space (high item quality to see space stations) and screenshots (for high Picture quality). And, maybe for instance, a third one to use at beacon missions (=the low resolution one but post processing at medium instead of safe mode). Then, being able to switch between settings witha hotkey. Additionally, together with this, an option when set that the pre-rendered things like inventory Icons are *kept* when you change settings, so that inventory (storage, content in boxes, ...) doesn't have to be re-rendered each time you do a tweak. (You don't want all content in storage to have to be re-rendred if you just arrived to Twin Peaks from space, when there is 20 people around that also have to be (re)rendered...)

Last edited:
... would be no logic for them winning this because they have [additional] twenty guys that do 1.0 damage (Revolt of the Serious noobs)
I remember we counted our grenade launchers in soc before BA members joined. We got 5-6 VREX-2000 SGA and Detp Pythons. For those to make 1.0 damage u gotta have no skills to use it. Do u really think that was the case? :)

Most of us didn't have much experience with LG's. A few had quite a lot of experience, and some didn't have any experience at all. In average we were LG noobs, just like our soc name said. Obviously that's the reason why we scored so few kills (besides simply being offline most of the time). Not "1.0 damage".
kill.jpg

If u don't agree with that we can make a test.
U can put on your best armor and I will shoot u with Python.
We'll see if u really get only 1.0 dmg form a direct hit. :wtg:

Well most likely this 1.0 dmg talk was part of the usual after-war trash talking and meant as a derision for the losers. If so, no big deal, we got the message allright. :yup:

Last edited:

We had in fact plans to defend MCR rather than claim but then someone reminded us how some people have no honor or respect for the game. This abuse of game system was no surprise to see...

I remember we counted our grenade launchers in soc before BA members joined. We got 5-6 VREX-2000 SGA and Detp Pythons. For those to make 1.0 damage u gotta have no skills to use it. Do u really think that was the case? :)

Most of us didn't have much experience with LG's. A few had quite a lot of experience, and some didn't have any experience at all. In average we were LG noobs, just like our soc name said. Obviously that's the reason why we scored so few kills (besides simply being offline most of the time). Not "1.0 damage".
kill.jpg

If u don't agree with that we can make a test.
U can put on your best armor and I will shoot u with Python.
We'll see if u really get only 1.0 dmg form a direct hit. :wtg:

Well most likely this 1.0 dmg talk was part of the usual after-war trash talking and meant as a derision for the losers. If so, no big deal, we got the message allright. :yup:

Hmm I don't know honest what gear you had or don't had, to me I just got shot from people that armor absorbed maybe I'm wrong was not a flame of any sort.

I'll rephrase it according to your post... Theres no logic that we would lose this fight with BA + LG Noob Society (exluding the 1.0 part) :lam:

who is this retarded John moo snow?
an unknown uber whit dad's Golden visa? he is not a longtimer in anyway.

Hmm I don't know honest what gear you had or don't had, to me I just got shot from people that armor absorbed maybe I'm wrong was not a flame of any sort.

Keep two things in mind:

1. Explosive damage gets split between all the people that are close to you.
2. Grenade launchers have a rather large explosion radius.

1.0 damage in crowds are bound to happen with support weapons.

I don't want to insult you. I am sure you must know these things. I am just reminding you.

who is this retarded John moo snow?
an unknown uber whit dad's Golden visa? he is not a longtimer in anyway.

And who the hell are you, who won't even show your name? And you should be the last one to call someone retarded, it looks as if a 4-year-old has made all your posts.

We had in fact plans to defend MCR rather than claim but then someone reminded us how some people have no honor or respect for the game. This abuse of game system was no surprise to see...

you say no honor why joda delete the video :scratch2::scratch2:

And exactly what is dishonorable in jodas video? I dont understand your point really.

Joe, I mean this nicely. There are always some players that will try to provoke you and make you want to reply over and over again to prove your right. Don't go into them, put yourself on top and let it go like water from a ducks back.
If you think that WSS acted fair, then they did. No need to state it more than once.

Back