The next Mayhem should be like ....

Yquem

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Vintage Yquem Port
...... THE HUB

In THE HUB all ppl has the same HP and the same SKILLS. Ppl can buy the same weapons, armors, fap etc. that only can be used in THE HUB.

yes there might be difference in tier values on items, but ppl can buy and sell items until they get the tier the want, or items in THE MAYHEM HUB can not be tiered.

This way all items will be the same, then as Stryker says, only game knowledge will matter. So the one with the best game knowledge will win and not the one with best gun.

THE MAYHEM HUB FTW

I second this!:yay:

What a joke... Go to the hub then. Others like to skill and develop thee avatar. Stop posting stupid ideas, MA listen to them :(

But there wouldn't be any competition. The idea of Cyrene's pvp hub [kinda] works because it makes use of RL skills, rendering everything else unimportant. But Mayhems don't need any, it's just a stamina competition - who have time and patience to click mouse for 30+ hours - and all the difference in results come from the gear. Make everyone use roughly the same stuff, and scores dispersion will be negligible, ending up 1st or 100th will be purely accidental.

edit: I found an analogy to your mayhem model - 1000 synchronized watches compete which one reach the midnight first. Thrilling.

Last edited:
What a joke... Go to the hub then. Others like to skill and develop thee avatar. Stop posting stupid ideas, MA listen to them :(

Competition is a bitch - just keep hiding behind your big brothers shouting.

Competition is a bitch - just keep hiding behind your big brothers shouting.

What you are suggesting isn't a competition anymore. It's like 200 person taking the same train from A to B and seeing who comes to first to B. It's just plain stupid. Remember that the current mayhem system came because of stupid ideas like this in the first place. Before mayhem was a fun event where everyone from noobs to ubers attended and it was never set who was going to win. It was sad to see that go because of MA listening to ideas like this so please don't make it even worse :(

Stop with this BS!

But how u like the ideea

CAT 3
1st Place - Terminator WSS (Tas r0ound Tadas)

CAt 4
1st place - Terminator WSS (Aurora Linzey Zamperath)
2nd place - Terminator WSS (Tomas NoX Paslaptis)
3th place - Terminator WSS (Jimmy Xpl0jd Volten)

CAT 5
1st place - Terminator WSS (James Jimmy Stryker)
2nd place - Terminator WSS (Cerb Hulk Beris)
3th place - Terminator WSS (Jenna Star Mercury)

This is what u are guys calling competition? Loaning an item to everyone just to win all 3-4 SPOT on each category ? Wheres that "FAIR" chance for anyone ? lol.

Forgot, youre Right. Lets all lick Moe`s ass maybe we get Terminator next year too!! :yay::yay:
GOD BLESS MOE!!!:wtg::wtg:

What you are suggesting isn't a competition anymore. It's like 200 person taking the same train from A to B and seeing who comes to first to B. It's just plain stupid. Remember that the current mayhem system came because of stupid ideas like this in the first place. Before mayhem was a fun event where everyone from noobs to ubers attended and it was never set who was going to win. It was sad to see that go because of MA listening to ideas like this so please don't make it even worse :(

Even thou I can't see you (hiding behind big brothers) I still hear you shouting.

Best Mayhem ever...Halloween Mayhem:)

Best Mayhem ever...Halloween Mayhem:)

Yes, Halloween Mayhem was more fair.

We should motivate people to invest in gear but same time we should give a very good chance to everyone to win.

In the old days everyone could lot a mod/imp Item and that was the reason people was so happy to play/pay, right now is very hard to loot a item like that if your are not on the upper class, this makes most of the people leave because they can't see the cherry coming on their cake.

But there wouldn't be any competition. The idea of Cyrene's pvp hub [kinda] works because it makes use of RL skills, rendering everything else unimportant. But Mayhems don't need any, it's just a stamina competition - who have time and patience to click mouse for 30+ hours - and all the difference in results come from the gear. Make everyone use roughly the same stuff, and scores dispersion will be negligible, ending up 1st or 100th will be purely accidental.

edit: I found an analogy to your mayhem model - 1000 synchronized watches compete which one reach the midnight first. Thrilling.

Given these considerations, I'd like to suggest transferring the whole thing to the crafting interface which currently is the best system in reducing repetitive clicking and minimizing server resource consumption.

Crafting Mayhem FTW! :evilking:

Even thou I can't see you (hiding behind big brothers) I still hear you shouting.

Hiding? What are you smoking. It must be some awesome stuff....

Hiding? What are you smoking. It must be some awesome stuff....

I think he meant the ass licking led most of WSS to depend on moe for their victory.

As for the idea of have a mayhem hub i cant agree, people have spent time and invested into their avatar and stuff to end up where they are now, except for the borrowers but this isnt the matter of the subject at all.
This should remain a competition, i'm not sure i'd want to apply limitation to this competition except time wise/key used, divided in cats for more fairness, although forcing a kind of weapon to a particular category once it is used in it would have a spicy taste of fairness most wouldnt mind... as crazy as it sound!

I think he meant the ass licking led most of WSS to depend on moe for their victory.

As for the idea of have a mayhem hub i cant agree, people have spent time and invested into their avatar and stuff to end up where they are now, except for the borrowers but this isnt the matter of the subject at all.
This should remain a competition, i'm not sure i'd want to apply limitation to this competition except time wise/key used, divided in cats for more fairness, although forcing a kind of weapon to a particular category once it is used in it would have a spicy taste of fairness most wouldnt mind... as crazy as it sound!

Then why drag me into that. Do you see me anywhere on the results that where posted by mindark? Nope, because I didn't attend.

That doesn't mean that I want a competition where skills and gear should matter a lot to be ruined by some retarded communism move like this. People will whine anyways and last year it was about a imp strikehammer. Next year I bet it will be about some new awesome lvl 130-140 SIB weapons and then it is suddenly not fair that people skilled to be able to use them. Some people do not have a winning mindset and know what it takes to win something where it's all about being best and we see that in both mayhem and with landgrab. Instead of focusing on how they could win they are trying to change the rules so it fit them better and whine constantly about everything else.

Then why drag me into that. Do you see me anywhere on the results that where posted by mindark? Nope, because I didn't attend.

That doesn't mean that I want a competition where skills and gear should matter a lot to be ruined by some retarded communism move like this. People will whine anyways and last year it was about a imp strikehammer. Next year I bet it will be about some new awesome lvl 130-140 SIB weapons and then it is suddenly not fair that people skilled to be able to use them. Some people do not have a winning mindset and know what it takes to win something where it's all about being best and we see that in both mayhem and with landgrab. Instead of focusing on how they could win they are trying to change the rules so it fit them better and whine constantly about everything else.

Maybe its just me - but its really sounds like moe has his big hairy arm up your ass controlling what comes out your mouth like a ventriloquist.

Maybe its just me - but its really sounds like moe has his big hairy arm up your ass controlling what comes out your mouth like a ventriloquist.

And how do you come to that conclusion if I may ask?

You should tell that to Akon and all the others that don't like your shitty idea also then. From what I read of Akon's post we have the same opinion but you are just attacking me with off topic crap since I'm in the same soc as somebody you obviously got problems with. Stop trying to get the topic over something else than your lousy idea and keep the thread on topic.

all event i seen till now it hoo has the most dps

ok leave this event the way it is but make another event whit all the same item needed but only can be use in that event

what do you think would happen more poeple would try the event than this one if more would try that a bad idea ma would make more money

no just give it to the top guns and less poeple spend there cash

i been here over 5 year the first year i would try but when i found out how it work and most even

it not worth even trying just go and shot to see if you can loot a good item

for race car race there are rule to make it fair for every one let the best driver win and the team that set up there car for that race there dont let poeple have twice the hp under the hood

i depo more than my fair share in here and most of other also i should have a chance to win something than slim to none of winning if we were not here most of you would have nothing also

But there wouldn't be any competition. The idea of Cyrene's pvp hub [kinda] works because it makes use of RL skills, rendering everything else unimportant. But Mayhems don't need any, it's just a stamina competition.

There are many things that RL skills would help with during a HUB like Mayhem event. I call it being creative or able to asses the situation in such a way where tactics and strategies can be developed to get the best possible result. One of the easiest examples being the difference between an avatar that tanks the mobs and an avatar that takes one by one. The one by one will have less time healing thus more time to deal damage = more points.

Another example is the mayhem a few years back, we had a team of average skilled people and competed against high skilled cK teams working around the clock with way better equipment than ours. Even though, because of RL skills we managed to get way more points per minute than the cK team. Because we were more efficient and had a better strategy.

I disagree, watches can't think and cannot compete, so the analogy in my opinion does not fit.

What you are suggesting isn't a competition anymore. It's like 200 person taking the same train from A to B and seeing who comes to first to B. It's just plain stupid.

Continuing on what I wrote above, RL skills matter. I would make a bet that I would win that, without even knowing my competition. Why? Because it's about thinking outside the box.
In the reply's I think Svarog mentioned he would like to see 200 people do that to get in the first cart, I guess he would be surprised to see me get into the last.
What my approach would be is to get in the last cart, get outside the train, walk all the way to the front on the roof and jump off as soon as we get to point B. I will be on the finish before the other people even get a chance to get there.

There are so many things more, I think Yquem has a fair point and it WOULD be a great competition limiting everyone to the basics and make it FAIR. May the best competitor win :)

The idea of first post is ok, but should be splited up like it was in 4 or 5 category, depended the skills you have. But then each category is like you said, a hub with same gear and skills for all in that category. This way skilling is also important to be in a higher category.

There are so many things more, I think Yquem has a fair point and it WOULD be a great competition limiting everyone to the basics and make it FAIR. May the best competitor win :)

Thx - Some ppl just don't want the competition - they just want prices handed out automatic - and take the wild guess - think what will happen if WSS didn't win and equal competition where real life skills matter !!!!

I agree with Dante.

I was part of that team and it was a great time working out a strategy to maximize using small level weapons and advantages of a few strong team members to compete with the guys standing in the middle of the spawn shooting their big ass guns and having an dedicated imp fapper.

Back then we had hope!

Now we have Terminator! :yay:

Hey,

there is still a team MM?! plenty of possibilities to develop tactics and stuff there.

Yes solo MM still requires RL skills (see for example cat 3, plenty of X5s tier 7 :rolleyes:bite me) but not as much, so if you don't like the pure dps race of solo MM, you can still compete in Team. but i agree a HUB type thing would be way too boring, at least for me,

For me Team MM has always been the real MM and solo just an after thought. I don't see a problem with people having different equip and more skills and what not, in fact i love that! I also don't think there is a problem with 1 gun outperforming all others in one cat! (ark-40 in cat 2, HL18 sga in cat 3 and so on) But i do agree that one gun to rule them all in more than one category is a little silly :duh:

but for Team MM the terminator doesn't matter as much!
Full team of supporters + main hunter with X5 vs. Full team of supporters + main hunter with terminator is like a 5% difference or w/e. Tactics could perceivably make up for that.

Regards
Thark

Doesn't matter what we say. They will never change their tradition. Mayhem will always be the same. Highest dps wins. Simple as that. However for future events they could incorporate "hub style".

The "PED Arenas" could be "Level Arenas". It's a rather brilliant idea imo. And if they really cared about their playerbase they'd make the decay there slower than in normal world. This will mean that more ppl will participate since it cost less. In the end might even make them get more money.

Its interesting that on one hand, people are up in arms against more UL weapons dropping, decreasing markup (and sales) of L items but yet on the other hand, they are not quite against removing a big reason to own UL weapons and a large drain on L weapons, namely MM and similar events. If you can't use regular weapons on events, then for the event POV, you have completely removed those weapons.

nope. Mayhem is mayhem. If you like the Hub, why not ask planet Cyrene to sponser a Xmas mayhem on that planet inside of the hub that does what you are trying to suggest here? Should be events like mayhem on every stinking planet, not just one. Every planet should have unique events and even unique holidays. Been trying to get RT to start doing stuff like Elvis's birthday, etc. but so far the suggestion doesn't seem to be getting taken seriously. If every planet had unique events like mayhem but on different days than mayhem, it might encourage more to move to other planets instead of stying on the same rock forever. They could, of course all be the same day, to encourage pp competition or some inspiration for those that travel the planets daily, but more unique stuff at different times would probably be better for the masses.

Whatever change MA will come up with, I'm sure it will be devastating for gameplay and the community :)

My thoughts are most of all avatars that participate in things that MM would only be allowed to use their own things not as they borrowed or rented then it would be most fair, as much as you have invested in your avatar so much Chanse do you have.

:twocents:

P.S. And in team no one would be able to fap a other avatar.

Back