Inside info? The sky falling?

This is very true. I suspect a lot of these threads are made in a misguided attempt to force MA into giving the OP an ATH in order to "shut them up". But it's really short sighted and well, actually just plain stupid. I'm sure this particular thread managed to turn away many prospective depositors and current depositors to run away in FUD. So if MA wasn't struggling before, they are having a harder time of it after this thread. Way to go!

Don't worry, the next subject of discussion will be "why don't more people play this game?!?!!"

I liked you, but this is total bullshit and you know it.

They reason more people don't play is BECAUSE of the reasons themselves I put in my first few posts in this thread. The reason more people don't deposit is because they SEE and DEAL with all those reasons EVERY DAY when playing this game and interacting with MA.

They aren't held back because Taco posted something.

If you think it is "stupid" to ask for answers to issues that you think are important, in a game you invest heavily in, then you cease to have any credibility with me from now on. This is a REAL economy, with real ramifications, and if legitimate concerns can't be discussed, then you are trying to blind people, to censor, and to limit free thought, and that is even more appalling than anything I have ever said.

Lol...this thread or any of them like it, doesn't stop people from playing. If there were NO negative threads for a year, and 10,000 people joined, do you think there would be no negative threads from those 10k people? Stupidest thing ever.

If a bunch of people joined because they were UNINFORMED, there would be 10 times the amount of negative, rage threads than there are. Every thread that discusses ALL aspects of this game, good OR bad, serves to educate, and in that way, they create less negativity down the line.

Edit: Man, the more I read what you said, the more I am pissed off at your accusations. You make a lot of judgments in it. Don't you fu@king EVER say I did this because I want an ATH. I know for a fact it doesn't work like that. My loot never got better when I saved MA from that horrible bug. My loot will not get better for ANY reason other than by playing smart. Anyone who thinks that MA reads this and give ATH's out is a moron, and anyone who thinks I do it to get an ATH is a fuck1ng uninformed piece of sh*t. I can ATH anytime I want by depo'ing because I get paid tons of money, and I earned it all by working my ass off. I don't need a free ATH from MA like your poor as$ probably does, you whiney little fuc#.

Edit Edit: Eh wtf...I will clean up some of the language in the last edit. Done.

And furthermore, over a year ago probably, I posted on here somewhere that IF MA ever gave out ATH to stop people from leaving, that I would never want it. That I would be sickened by that and completely disappointed in MA. If and when I ever get one, it will be because I depo and I earned it by grinding hard and being in the right place at the right time. I have said this in numerous threads btw, so look it up next time you accuse me of something. MA doesn't give out ATH to stop people from leaving. There are 1000's of avatar who can prove that. You all see shit that isn't there, to justify in your weak minds why x avatar got a lucky loot. And anyone who thinks MA does that because of a thread is a pea-brained fool deluding themselves to a point beyond laughable.

I expected better of you, Stockton.

Last edited:
Enough with the "this thread is doing more damage than good" BS.

I'm not interested in doing MA's job for them. They don't pay me. If they don't want their economy to crash they should do something about it. Silence equates to apathy. I'm not going to fake confidence for their sake.

People on here seem to think the playerbase and MA should work as a team. Which is true on some level, but don't forget, first and foremost we're their customers... Not their friends. They don't have to talk to us, and we don't have to give them our money.

There's a reason for all the negativity on this forum. Stop complaining about it and just accept the sad truth. We're negative because we're surrounded by an abundance of bad signs, and not a single damn good one.

Enough with the "this thread is doing more damage than good" BS.

I'm not interested in doing MA's job for them. They don't pay me. If they don't want their economy to crash they should do something about it. Silence equates to apathy. I'm not going to fake confidence for their sake.

People on here seem to think the playerbase and MA should work as a team. Which is true on some level, but don't forget, first and foremost we're their customers... Not their friends. They don't have to talk to us, and we don't have to give them our money.

There's a reason for all the negativity on this forum. Stop complaining about it and just accept the sad truth. We're negative because we're surrounded by an abundance of bad signs, and not a single damn good one.

Please list this abundance of bad signs for me.

Here's one:

There are no good signs.

this-is-a-good-sign.jpg

There isn't a need to restate what has already been stated. Communication is required and seemingly is the root of all the fears and worries. Whether it has always sucked or not is irrelevant; still a problem.

Arkadia devs don't seem to have a problem communicating. I don't know what calypso's problem is or mindark for that matter. If support staff is going to be a problem, maybe they should delegate to the PP. What a novel concept.....

Last edited:
There isn't a need to restate what has already been stated. Communication is required and seemingly is the root of all the fears and worries. Whether it has always sucked or not is irrelevant; still a problem.

Arkadia devs don't seem to have a problem communicating. I don't know what calypso's problem is or mindark for that matter. If support staff is going to be a problem, maybe they should delegate to the PP. What a novel concept.....

My point is, its been like this since i joined, around the same time each year.

So why the "amagaaawd they dont talk with us! *panic*" this time?

I mean they are reshaping the game item wise, this takes time and yes a few tears will come from it.

My point is, its been like this since i joined, around the same time each year.

So why the "amagaaawd they dont talk with us! *panic*" this time?

I mean they are reshaping the game item wise, this takes time and yes a few tears will come from it.

Around the same time each year did they increase withdrawal time to 50-60 business days as well?

Around the same time each year did they increase withdrawal time to 50-60 business days as well?

Oh yeah, that is a good point. That shit even scares me!

:eyecrazy:

In the past, say 2+ year ago, MA didn't have any comm rep. Then, we got Kim, but after 6 months or so, he moved over from MA to become Calypso developer, and we lost "our MA comm rep". Then, when something like the rougue summones happened, there wasn't a Word for months.

Right now I guess we're waiting for:
- Info or estimation when next VU comes? I currently get an "Error 89" popup at each login (from halloween mayhem) and according to support it's a "known issue". I have no idea if it would be possible to just patch away those popups, until the mission code is fixed.

- Rocktropia: Though I'm grateful old Arctic is still availible, it feels like that the planet is sort of in a limbo (since the hell server got rolled back). If hell server can't be fixed, enable the old for the time being, my guess is that all it needs is to enable it on the servers; curerently some mobs (the one most people ask for is Motörhead), instances (for me level 1-2 warewolf mines), and until some beer garden is back there is a low-leve mission that is uncompletable (collect 20 beer kags). As I don't Think MA will release something just for Rocktropia, some estimation for next planet partner update would be great.

- The "notice of state". If you promise a document within "7 Days", you pretty much say it's already done but only needs a finishing touch. As people are waiting for it, it would be great with at least some further notice. Not just ... silence. It can need some more time to be polished on, it could have been posted already - somehwere - but the forum bots hasn't caught it, the author could have caught a flu... or it could have been completely forgotten. ("Oh darn there was something I knew I should post today, but I forgot what it was"). Just try to post something. Even if it's like "Sorry, we need to hold back state of calypso, there were too many errors in it and we want it to be quality assured Before we post it").

In the longer perspective, either allow players to chose between the "grinder" or "gambler" modes, or try to get clear which audience is most importent. THose who want to be able to play, and yet feel advancement, at a moderate budget, or if it's the gamblers that should have priority (requiring a higher amount of liquid PEDs ingame to stay afloat).

Oh one more Point I guess is needed:
- Better Communication when it comes to mayhem. Especially in those cases someone didn't get on score list, he's sure he did full time, but didn't do that "last kill" after event was over. Unfortunately, the support staff isn't much of a help here (they probably doesn't have more info than is given by the "system") - these cases should be elevated to someone who's been working with the mayhem and knows the internals behind scoring. Though it's been said that you don't need that "last kill" to finish your mission, this doesn't seem to be the case. Even if you do trigger the last mob also on planet Surface, a case like, someone goes to Another planet Before 24:00 and staying there for a week needs to be handled. (The best thing would be that MA server operators, at nearest opportunity, runs a scheduled job that will finish the missions, that "final kill" shouldn't be needed.)

Last edited:
- The "notice of state". If you promise a document within "7 Days", you pretty much say it's already done but only needs a finishing touch. As people are waiting for it, it would be great with at least some further notice. Not just ... silence. It can need some more time to be polished on, it could have been posted already - somehwere - but the forum bots hasn't caught it, the author could have caught a flu... or it could have been completely forgotten. ("Oh darn there was something I knew I should post today, but I forgot what it was"). Just try to post something. Even if it's like "Sorry, we need to hold back state of calypso, there were too many errors in it and we want it to be quality assured Before we post it").
Watch video to see what it must be like for them to polish the statement up.:D

I think MindArk should come with another version of the Improved Loot System !!! (it did 1 year in january that they introduced it!)

The consequences:

- Even so with more players and all, the HOF table is so damn boring now! (how many days can it stay with no loot above 3k?)

- 3 sucess in every 100 clicks! At 100% QR BP! (condition) Realy? Is this a bug or is here to stay? More than 1 year as passed so far...

- Almost impossible to glob with medium miner amps! (pay to work, hell yeah!!! LOL)

- Still possible to get 50% returns on hunting, even if we use the new SUPER eco SIB L weapons of Calypso and Arkadia!

Adds to this the total unprofessional behavior of Mindark:

- Close to Desktop even if they put more strong servers at work.

- All the mess up with the hit boxes.

- Items that dropped bugged! Wrong ranges, wrong ammo consumption, a blp gun that can only use a laser amp, etc.

- After 10 years of the annual Mayhem and they still doing it wrong! (scores were corrected 3 times now? and the halloween mayhem? still geting error every time I log in, would love to finish that mission)

- All the screw up with cloths!

- The add of 10 more days for the withdrawal! realy? you should cut in 10 days, from 40 to 30 working days! (that if you want to recover some trust)

and so on...

Continue like this and I don't give them one more year.

Good luck all!

- Even so with more players and all, the HOF table is so damn boring now! (how many days can it stay with no loot above 3k?)

You never wondered who paid for the occasional 4k Daikiba Mature HOF? Counted how many lootless (or nova fragment only) daikibas it would be? (Just scale it up to any mob)

If HOF table looks boring was because people got speedblind during the time with the Daily ATHs.

Though, if MA implements a "slider" quantity vs condition (also for mining and hunting) then it would be a personal choice which style you want. During some time, 10k+ HOFs was needed for the "first generation" repairable SIB weapons (as they only dropped above 50%), now only 3% is needed.

- Close to Desktop even if they put more strong servers at work.

What's sad here is that when MA said that they were gong to replace the servers with more power servers it seem what they did was replaced most all servers with maybe one powerful server hosting most areas on virtual servers which accounts for the bad lag we have here now a days on most planets.

You never wondered who paid for the occasional 4k Daikiba Mature HOF? Counted how many lootless (or nova fragment only) daikibas it would be? (Just scale it up to any mob)

If HOF table looks boring was because people got speedblind during the time with the Daily ATHs.

Though, if MA implements a "slider" quantity vs condition (also for mining and hunting) then it would be a personal choice which style you want. During some time, 10k+ HOFs was needed for the "first generation" repairable SIB weapons (as they only dropped above 50%), now only 3% is needed.

A slider on hunting? what is the mean of the mob HP then? And for mining we already have the mining amps!

Better put a slide near the nickname and password then, so before we log in we can chose the speed of our losses/profits. LOL

Have you tried to click on full condition since this new improved loot? Grab a cheap BP and try it! I bet you won't find it any fun at all!

Mindark is the root of evil, everyone agree on that. The customer service is incompetent, the management is old and incompetent and they even steal our monney with mining towers and give it to those pvpers because mindark dont have their employees under controll

or so they say on PCF

If you in Mindark shoes and an executive, would you like to communicate a lot on this forum ? It dosn't matter what you say, your words will be twisted and you end up as the bad guy. How would my employees feel if i apologize for .. what exactly, not communicating ? The customer is not king and he is not right, in fact if someone complain and complain and demand over and over again but NOT LEAVE i would ignore his demands and hope he finally go somewhere else. If i where mindark i would trust my employees more as my customers. I would focus on developing my stuff at my peace and relase updates when they are ready. I would refrain from posting anything even if its close to completion because if my hard working employees find a bug thats critical and the project must be delayed it will hail a shit storm about mindark not keeping death(lol) lines.

Just playing and paying into EU dosn't give us the right to act like bullys
Getting informed about whats going on at mindark isn't part of the eula. Its courtesty from mindark if they communicate their roadmap towards us. Its not a given, its nothing we can demand and if the CEO think playing a game of tetris right now is more important than writing a roadmap he have all right to think and to do so. Every customer have the right to leave if he is dissatisfied, the ones that can't leave are the people owning this company. They shoulder the risk , they make the calls.

Well i do believe that they are milking the market and do as little as they can until they go bankrupt.
If people dont see that thats fine by me. To me its not worth chipping out anyway, ive already sold most of My gear.
MA cant win a big player base without funds and motivation.

Mindark is the root of evil, everyone agree on that. The customer service is incompetent, the management is old and incompetent and they even steal our monney with mining towers and give it to those pvpers because mindark dont have their employees under controll

or so they say on PCF

If you in Mindark shoes and an executive, would you like to communicate a lot on this forum ? It dosn't matter what you say, your words will be twisted and you end up as the bad guy. How would my employees feel if i apologize for .. what exactly, not communicating ? The customer is not king and he is not right, in fact if someone complain and complain and demand over and over again but NOT LEAVE i would ignore his demands and hope he finally go somewhere else. If i where mindark i would trust my employees more as my customers. I would focus on developing my stuff at my peace and relase updates when they are ready. I would refrain from posting anything even if its close to completion because if my hard working employees find a bug thats critical and the project must be delayed it will hail a shit storm about mindark not keeping death(lol) lines.

Just playing and paying into EU dosn't give us the right to act like bullys
Getting informed about whats going on at mindark isn't part of the eula. Its courtesty from mindark if they communicate their roadmap towards us. Its not a given, its nothing we can demand and if the CEO think playing a game of tetris right now is more important than writing a roadmap he have all right to think and to do so. Every customer have the right to leave if he is dissatisfied, the ones that can't leave are the people owning this company. They shoulder the risk , they make the calls.

Would you buy shares of a company that refuses to disclose anything useful or communicate with you at all? Maybe you would, good for you. Some people have more faith in MA than others, I guess.

Not a single ounce of bullying has gone on in this thread and no one asked for an apology. We're speculating. Because that is all we can do.

All you've basically said is, MA has the legal right to say "fuck you", and that's what they've been doing. We already knew that.

All I can say about this thread is WOW
I had to skip 5 pages, because I didn't want to feel like I wasted my life

My main concern and response to the original post is: Where is the state of the universe address?
They need to get that out soon - we need to hear some more empty promises they have for the upcoming year!

I'm no expert, but I see nothing new over the last couple years to show sky is falling. They just "re-formatted" the whole area around Cape Cornith... why bother if you are closing shop?

All I can say about this thread is WOW
I had to skip 5 pages, because I didn't want to feel like I wasted my life

My main concern and response to the original post is: Where is the state of the universe address?
They need to get that out soon - we need to hear some more empty promises they have for the upcoming year!

I'm no expert, but I see nothing new over the last couple years to show sky is falling. They just "re-formatted" the whole area around Cape Cornith... why bother if you are closing shop?

Radio silence... cartoonishly irresponsible negligence during event scoring... an ever increasing wait period for withdrawal requests, maybe it's all just a coincidence, business as usual, maybe nothing's wrong at all. IMO the jury's still out. We could be headed for a downward spiral, or MA could be hard at work on a series of exciting ambitious projects. We can't know if they don't talk to us.

Really comes in handy again and again, damn

IT+s+NOT+HAPPENING+.+half+life+3+unconfirmed_2708f4_4656469.gif

Sky´s still not falling. :3

So, what are you actually basing this "everyone is selling out" on? Because the activity in the game are and have been pretty much the same the last couple of years, maybe a small decline, but not anything huge.

My guess is that the "State of the Universe" is delayed because some uncertainty about when Planet Toulan can launch and/or the development taming system, the probably want to know the launch status of that before giving a statement.

But I agree on that the news flow and updates from MA and the Calypso team have not been good the last couple of month, but maybe it so simple that they don't have much updates and news to share with us. It could also be that they have cut down a bit on the staff to save cost and they are a bit short of personal.

Today, I looked at 3 pages of the forum. 98% selling threads, 2% complaining threads. I couldn't be bothered logging in, and definitely have no interest in depositing my hard earned money. Even Sent messages to Calypso and MindArk reps asking for some scraps of information...ignored as usual...

But on a good note, called MindArk and the receptionist sounds like a hottie

I remember in old movies when you know someone help someone get their long-due payments from other people, sometimes bump into houses late night or push ppl a bit to the edge in order for it...
When they ask a person if he will pay or not, if he is even hearing or thinking to communicate? then you see his face, blank, no expression, not a word. Why? cause he got no money man...and nothing to say...no money at all. That's MA.

Oh one more Point I guess is needed:
- Better Communication when it comes to mayhem. Especially in those cases someone didn't get on score list, he's sure he did full time, but didn't do that "last kill" after event was over. Unfortunately, the support staff isn't much of a help here (they probably doesn't have more info than is given by the "system") - these cases should be elevated to someone who's been working with the mayhem and knows the internals behind scoring. Though it's been said that you don't need that "last kill" to finish your mission, this doesn't seem to be the case. Even if you do trigger the last mob also on planet Surface, a case like, someone goes to Another planet Before 24:00 and staying there for a week needs to be handled. (The best thing would be that MA server operators, at nearest opportunity, runs a scheduled job that will finish the missions, that "final kill" shouldn't be needed.)

Did not kill any mob after the event and still got on the list, mission is not completed though.
I did 31 keys to be on the sure side and had not one disconnect.

As for sky is falling...we have been there over and over again...
People sell out all the time, often in waves.
MA does not communicate unless they have something to say, the longer it takes the more importent it is.
Right now it is quite possible that there are some internal changes and they have no one that is suited in communicating.
Last year was surely not one of their best from the financials, but is was also far away from beeing their worst.

And if they really would close down....I enjoyed the ride and knew the risks...
Anyone scared and whining is either too dumb or a masochist that likes whining and beeing whipped.

I highly doubt MA is closing up shop or going bankrupt or anything. they could make up a CLD version 2 or something and get us for another 3-4 million with out even blinking an eye.

Heck, they could probably close up shop stop development, take support down to bare bones (if its not already). and run on inertia for the next 10 years.

That said, it could perhaps be a very good thing if MA ever sold out to another developer. (imo)

Last edited:
I dunno what you're talking about!!! Everything is great!!! :cheer:

The more ubah people who quit, the more ubaher I get! :nana:

Back