Inside info? The sky falling?

Society
Entropy
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
So what is the inside info I missed that is causing everyone selling out?

I mean, this shit is cray.

I fully understand "tipping points", and my friends, we have definitely reached one.

MA, it's about to get seriously bad, and you refuse to do anything right.

No state of the Union.
Wrong scores in MM.
Unanswered support.

The game is crumbling and you....do....what?

Lower Esi drop?

That's all you can think of? That's your retention plan?

I have been a depo whore for years, up until this this very day, and I had faith, but I must be blind, because no one else has faith anymore.

And, apparently, MA is just a silent monster sinking back into the depths of oblivion, never to be heard from again.

Please act like you deserve our business! It's time to act like men.

I don't want to leave. I love this game. But FFS, please start doing things right.

To PCF, what are your thoughts?

These are my thoughts, please give me yours. Bash me, tell me I am wrong, I WANT to hear it!

I want to be wrong about this black hole that I feel we are sinking into.

Edit: I moved this response here from the second page, to aid the dumb ones who don't read everything but comment.

There is tons I haven't said...

The esi drop is at all time low, reducing cash out of skills.

The graph of the value of items being sold (excluding MA's sales) on au and on forums, over the past year, looks like the left half of a picture of the Matterhorn, with today being the highest.

The non-stop events, and they don't even care to score correctly...they just keep running the events.

They don't fix anything.

The sell-off of the items by MA.

Rx hofs. MA ava's (not the obvious ones) playing and looting. They stopped caring to police themselves.

Allowing one planet to run non-stop boss spawns, while saying fuck you to CY events, and to RT requested changes. "OK, ARK, you did pretty good and helped us make money...we will let you do what you want now since we are closing up shop over here anyway, and getting all the ped out of them we can, so go ahead, do the same."

They refuse to answer questions.

The delays regarding withdrawals.

Most support cases where refunds are due are ignored.

No follow up the the CLD plans. (This one I was 100% sure of since day 1), ALL THEY WANTED TO DO WAS GET THE CASH OUT. Absolutely no long term plan they alluded to was ever implemented.

EVERY sign is that of a company gasping it's last breaths.

It is almost cliche.

I know every move like the back of my hand. This is exactly what happens all the time, in ANY business going under.

Financially, on paper, they look ok...well, they look like any other company with similar income/expense/etc does when minimizing tax liability. But it is the opposite of how you would make the numbers look if they were selling the company. At first I thought this was because MA was fine and wasn't in a hurry to ever sell the company, but now I just think it's because there are no buyers, as MA raided the assets long ago, and no one would touch it with a 10 foot pole anymore.

There is tons more than I listed above, and sure, plenty of it can be discounted or argued against.

But there is a tipping point, like I said, with the failure of every company, and even if half of my reasons above are BS, I am still afraid.

Last edited:
What is the difference about This thread, and the 100's of other skyfall threads?

welcome to the golden age for mid-level players.

The unanswered support, bad MM scores, etc. is definitely a major problem. I don't know what to make of it just yet. I think we've reached a major bullshit tipping point with many players. They've got to start acting like they care. All it would take is a simple gesture to communicate. That is practically free on their part but they aren't doing that.

Maybe they are busy on a lot of stuff...
Planet Toulan
Winter games
The extra's for CLD's

:confused:

What is the difference about This thread, and the 100's of other skyfall threads?

Because this is the FIRST time that I, MYSELF, have felt this, and I cycle enough and I depo enough and I play enough and I read enough to be able to seek answers to MY questions on this forum, without having my opinion mixed into the cess-pool of opinions by people with similar threads, who have no fucking idea what they are talking about, because they don't play the game (to any remotely informative degree), don't read all the forums, don't understand running a company, don't track, don't conduct business valuations, and don't have any idea of what a company about to explode looks like. I do.

If my questions were answered by the other threads, I wouldn't be making this one. This situation is VERY different at this moment in time.

The unanswered support, bad MM scores, etc. is definitely a major problem. I don't know what to make of it just yet. I think we've reached a major bullshit tipping point with many players. They've got to start acting like they care. All it would take is a simple gesture to communicate. That is practically free on their part but they aren't doing that.

Right! And the NUMBER 1 thing that companies in precarious positions do: they don't talk to clients, and they do the bare-minimum to keep them at bay, while attempting to extract every last cent they can.

That is why this is starting to scare me.

Because this is the FIRST time that I, MYSELF, have felt this, and I cycle enough and I depo enough and I play enough and I read enough to be able to seek answers to MY questions on this forum, without having my opinion mixed into the cess-pool of opinions by people with similar threads, who have no fucking idea what they are talking about, because they don't play the game (to any remotely informative degree), don't read all the forums, don't understand running a company, don't track, don't conduct business valuations, and don't have any idea of what a company about to explode looks like. I do.

If my questions were answered by the other threads, I wouldn't be making this one. This situation is VERY different at this moment in time.

its verry simple i stat this before. its the cld´s destrying the system sins the roi dont come from a MA profit it comes from us the players. its just a evil spiral pointing down.

ouer return shal pay the roi it means we get lower return, we stop or scale down what we doing and the roi sinks. easy explain.
i dont know what stadium we are in. if ppl sell out for buy cld and just get roi. it means less ppl help for roi. its not going to cary it self. then it crash

Take your point about the MM cockup, lack of comms etc... but did something else happen, specifically?

What's this about ESI?

First thread I've read tonight, so mebbe there's stuff in other threads?

It just feels like there's something you're not telling us behind this rant? :scratch2:

Maybe someone should go to their location and video tape their findings.

I don't think a lot of people are selling out. A lot of people are dumping there now near useless guns while they still carry markup though. CLD returns going down was to be expected since the moment they were introduced.

But i do agree greatly that the lack of communication from the calypso-team is terrible, and it drives away a lot of people. Just look at how much other planet partners (even Neverdie, who is terrible at communicating) communicate with their players. It's no wonder a lot of people spend less and less time on calypso and more on other planets.

Off course if enough people continue to say the sky is falling, then it will fall eventually, this game is all about trust, if the trust goes away, so will the game.

I fully understand "tipping points", and my friends, we have definitely reached one.

No state of the Union.
Wrong scores in MM.
Unanswered support.

Lower Esi drop?

I have been a depo whore for years, up until this this very day, and I had faith, but I must be blind, because no one else has faith anymore.

Faith remains in the concept, but the old Gods are being slain.

Try to imagine yourself as one of the pantheon.

much_mislead.jpg

Lower Esi drop?

And your telling us your running a business... right. To be brutally honest with you, the 'game' (which i STRONGLY enforce EU is not) has been here before you or i and will be here looong after we be walking this earth. So, no worry, everyone back to business.

Look, MA has indicated 'dynamic universe' in effect... perhaps this is one of them.

In the grand scheme of things Black, it all boils down to lack of communication. There isn't any... which means we are left to our own devices to speculate.. to gauge where the game is... coupled with the PCF forums sentiments.. and we're in a lot of trouble.

Solve the communication issue... drastically improve support.... and we're back in business. Seriously... it is JUST that easy.

Take your point about the MM cockup, lack of comms etc... but did something else happen, specifically?

What's this about ESI?

First thread I've read tonight, so mebbe there's stuff in other threads?

It just feels like there's something you're not telling us behind this rant? :scratch2:

The graph of the value of items being sold (excluding MA's sales) on au and on forums, over the past year, looks like the left half of a picture of the Matterhorn, with today being the highest.

The non-stop events, and they don't even care to score correctly...they just keep running the events.

They don't fix anything.

Rx hofs. MA ava's (not the obvious ones) playing and looting. They stopped caring to police themselves.

Allowing one planet to run non-stop boss spawns, while saying fuck you to CY events, and to RT requested changes. "OK, ARK, you did pretty good and helped us make money...we will let you do what you want now since we are closing up shop over here anyway, and getting all the ped out of them we can, so go ahead, do the same."

No follow up the the CLD plans. (This one I was 100% sure of since day 1), ALL THEY WANTED TO DO WAS GET THE CASH OUT. Absolutely no long term plan they alluded to was ever implemented.

It is almost cliche.

I know every move like the back of my hand. This is exactly what happens all the time, in ANY business going under.

Financially, on paper, they look ok...well, they look like any other company with similar income/expense/etc does when minimizing tax liability. But it is the opposite of how you would make the numbers look if they were selling the company. At first I thought this was because MA was fine and wasn't in a hurry to ever sell the company, but now I just think it's because there are no buyers, as MA raided the assets long ago, and no one would touch it with a 10 foot pole anymore.

There is tons more than I listed above, and sure, plenty of it can be discounted or argued against.

But there is a tipping point, like I said, with the failure of every company, and even if half of my reasons above are BS, I am still afraid.

Last edited:
In the grand scheme of things Black, it all boils down to lack of communication. There isn't any...

I'll agree with you there; there hasn't been any communes... not once, and (hopefully) not ever. This is how This goes; they the MA Gods come out with content (or not) and we have to s-p-e-c-u-l-a-t-e. If there was a 'game' in effect (again, EU is not a game) then i'd say this IS IT!.

no news = GOOD, news = Scary!

No state of the Union.
Wrong scores in MM.
Unanswered support.

Lower Esi drop?

And, apparently, MA is just a silent monster sinking back into the depths of oblivion, never to be heard from again.

Please act like you deserve our business! It's time to act like men.

I don't want to leave. I love this game. But FFS, please start doing things right.

These are my thoughts, please give me yours. Bash me, tell me I am wrong, I WANT to hear it!

I want to be wrong about this black hole that I feel we are sinking into.

See the siggie.

They don't fix anything.

It is almost cliche.

Hard to argue with that.

Though I'm pretty sure the MA item auctions were the result of some sort of lawsuit, or are we going full tin foil hat here?

Hard to argue with that.

Though I'm pretty sure the MA item auctions were the result of some sort of lawsuit, or are we going full tin foil hat here?

I am positive I am tin-foil hat on a lot of stuff :)

Yeah that seems to be court-induced.
But what about the creations of another space destination?

This post is more in hopes that someone at MA is still active here:

Have you looked at the copyrights on most of all MA websites? Most are dated around 2010 and 2011.

Mindark.com:

© 2013 MindArk PE AB. All rights reserved. Entropia Universe® is trademark or registered trademark of Mindark PE AB.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

EntropiaUnverse.com:

Entropia Universe is trademark or registered trademark of Mindark PE AB. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
2011 MindArk PE AB. All rights reserved.

planetcalypso.com:

© 2003-2010 MindArk PE AB. All rights reserved. Mindark® and Entropia Universe® are registered trademarks of Mindark PE AB in Sweden and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Come on MA wake up please

Edit: good news:

© 2003-2014 MindArk PE AB. All rights reserved. Mindark® and Entropia Universe® are registered trademarks of Mindark PE AB in Sweden and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Anyone want to guess this site? Hint: our new outpost way far away!

Last edited:
This post is more in hopes that someone at MA is still active here:

Have you looked at the copyrights on most of all MA websites? Most are dated around 2010 and 2011.

Mindark.com:

© 2013 MindArk PE AB. All rights reserved. Entropia Universe® is trademark or registered trademark of Mindark PE AB.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

EntropiaUnverse.com:

Entropia Universe is trademark or registered trademark of Mindark PE AB. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
2011 MindArk PE AB. All rights reserved.

planetcalypso.com:

© 2003-2010 MindArk PE AB. All rights reserved. Mindark® and Entropia Universe® are registered trademarks of Mindark PE AB in Sweden and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Come on MA wake up please

LOL, never noticed that. While I understand how hard it is sometimes to keep info up-to-date on an internet where pages, or things in general, never really go away, on THOSE 3 sites, that is laughable.

LOL, never noticed that. While I understand how hard it is sometimes to keep info up-to-date on an internet where pages, or things in general, never really go away, on THOSE 3 sites, that is laughable.

Surely you understand that the statement is is both spurious and irrelevant? With just about the only exception if they are printing these out and mailing to some us copyright body to be registered... Which would also be spurious and irrelevant.

Well I gave them £130 yesterday, so they can at least buy some teabags coffee and milk for the month..hee,hee.

On a serious note, we are still coming out of the worst ever recession the world has ever seen. I have a few soc mates that have been priced out purely on local currency to US dollar conversion (Turkey etc).

Even pound (£) to $ is lower than it was in 2008, when you could almost get $2 for one £1 now its around $2 for £1.30

Sure players paid in $ is 1:1 ratio but I believe their income is more dollars.

It's a changing market, I would not be surprised if MA had to reduce their staff numbers during these difficult times. It is not always easy to defend MA, I'd just say that if you play off just CLD income, or haven't deposited for a while. Then at least try and support your favourite game, and see where it takes you.

Oh I promised myself I'd stay out of the politics so enough from me.

Rick

No state of the Union.
Wrong scores in MM.
Unanswered support.

The game is not crumbling. We have not have had real shit for ages, excepting possibly part of RT. The mobs spawn, auction works, we do not get constant disconnects or are constantly rubber-banded around. Even instances work rather well. And of course, there is stupid shit that should not be - ma makes promises it then does not keep, and gets embarrassing small things wrong. But that is just same old boring shit, not game crumbling, even if people cry about it.

Why the item sells look like they do is because of four factors - people are selling stuff they got from MM, people are selling stuff to get stuff other people got from MM, valuation on some stuff got a very painful valuation check making people publicly talk shit to save face and people trying to sell stuff at about 1/3 to 1/2 too expensive, so creating an impression there is more being sold than is.

People selling out... it's just part of the natural gamer's lifecycle. How many of us decided to depo into the game because we knew that one day we could sell out if we stopped wanting to play? I'm guessing a lot of us. So why is it a surprise when high level players do just that?

Yes, MA's and Caly's communication is bad and MA's rate of development is snailish but maybe they're working on a great new version of space or something. The game as it is, works well though I think loot distributions need some adjustment to make it more fun for the average player.

EU being the expensive game it is, has probably been hit a lot harder than others by RL economic problems.

but.. but.. u were selling out not long ago.. what made u "sell out".. please tell us the inside info?

So what is the inside info I missed that is causing everyone selling out? ....

But i do agree greatly that the lack of communication from the calypso-team is terrible, a.

In the grand scheme of things Black, it all boils down to lack of communication
Solve the communication issue... drastically improve support.... and we're back in business. Seriously... it is JUST that easy.

I'll agree with you there; there hasn't been any communes...

no news = GOOD, news = Scary!

There is a theme here.

Genuinely many of these threads are crying out for answers, however - please tell me this, How would you like our beloved game designers/creators/controllers etc to respond?
I am genuinely interested for the sake of EU, what would the people want to hear? from whom? how often? and more importantly why?

Do you think things can be drastically improved with just some more communication? and if so how? What can we do about it? Demand answers now! ask the same un-answered questions over and over - or open up a platform for genuine correspondence between business and customer.

I personally have done just a teeny little part in getting answers in the past in my interviews with Kim, and I can genuinely say they they were very approachable and forth coming with both allowing such an interview, and with answers. Any un-answered or opened ended questions were usually down to my lack of experience as an interviewer.

Now this is clearly not the solution to the problem, interviews are merely just a fab insight into the inner goings on and future of our game, as well as the people behind it, there is only so much that can be done within an interview time frame, and also with the one person - so genuinely what would you like?

What do you think would be the correct way for the game to develop its communication between business are customer?

Personally, I love when the FB gets updated more often, and when the developers get on the forum and have a bit of a banter. I do feel for them - knowing that they have to watch what they say when the bosses can read every word. More interviews would be fun, but it has to be what the people want.

For me personally ( good job if you got this far!) the things i wanted implemented for so so so long finally have, but was it too late?

People selling out... it's just part of the natural gamer's lifecycle. How many of us decided to depo into the game because we knew that one day we could sell out if we stopped wanting to play? I'm guessing a lot of us. So why is it a surprise when high level players do just that?

Yes, MA's and Caly's communication is bad and MA's rate of development is snailish but maybe they're working on a great new version of space or something. The game as it is, works well though I think loot distributions need some adjustment to make it more fun for the average player.

EU being the expensive game it is, has probably been hit a lot harder than others by RL economic problems.
^^ This.

Last edited:
Oh well the weekly superstition and "sky is falling" thread of PCF. I was hoping you guys would take a break this week.. :ahh: guess we can't have that. :lolup:

Back