Suggestion: Reduce TT Value Of High TT Clothes

Summer

Old Alpha
Society
Planet Express
Alkesh Summer Vallan
Reduce the TT value of high TT clothes!
It will give all players more selection in the customization of their avatars without having to lock-in so many peds into the TT value. :cheer:

[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2014[/h]

Veteran Appreciation/Cost to Play
  • As promised in the 2013 State of the Universe Address, MindArk implemented several changes and features that helped to reduce the overall cost to participate in Entropia Universe, including:
  • Average TT returns were increased across the board for hunting, mining, crafting and other activities.
  • Removal or lowering of many unpopular fees, such as the armor equipping fee.
  • Increased the unlimited item tiering speed.
  • The minimum condition of most items lowered to 3%, freeing up a large number of PED, especially for owners of older UL weapons.
  • Reduced the volatility of many activities, especially for lower level avatars.
  • Decay and ammo consumption were removed when using a weapon not aimed at a valid target.

The TT cost of clothing is especially important because full TT of the item is required for them to look their best. Due to the high cost of many articles of clothing, most avatars aren't able to customize their looks as they would like. A lot more selection and variety would be available to all players in Entropia if the high TT value of many clothes could be reduced. Especially with colouring and texturizing many of these items like coats. Players could then afford to own more than one, and change their outfits more frequently!
:pimp:

Lots of clothes are low TT, and many new ones being introduced are also low TT, which is good for everyone. Some of the older clothes which have a higher TT is what this post is referring to mostly.

Here are some examples of really high tt clothes (In Red) versus their low TT counterparts (In Green)
------------------------
- Cognac Coat 209 PED (This is the most popular coat ingame)
- Master Coat 130 PED
- Holiday Coat 5 PED
------------------------
- Racer Shades 162 PED
- Bono Shades 150 PED
- Tropical Shades 0.50 PED
------------------------
- Rancher Hat 89 PED
- Feodora 102 PED
- Holiday Hat 8 PED
-------------------------
- Ellen Evening gown 246.50 PED
- Foxy High Stilettos 199 PED
- Athenian tunic 8 PED
.... Etc

This would be a great improvement overall:
And follows with other improvements that have already been made:
- Just as removing the shop fees made a huge difference
- Just as lowering the TT cost to place Shop signs on the walls
- Just as lowering the TT on makeup masks

Another benefit would be that once the TT is reduced, players would be getting back the TT from the clothes they already have, so they could expand their wardrobe, or just have some extra peds to hunt and play!
:yay:

On one hand I do agree reducing the Max TT of clothing would free up alot of Ped, but if crafting clothes, it would spell the end of any decent HOF or globals. If you craft on condition for a 100TT Ped coat, your globals arive nicely. If you craft for a 0.5Ped TT coat, you get sweet FA!

What I would suggest is that the TT value must reach at least 10% before the clothing starts to look decayed. For the 1st 90% it holds its true look. To be honest the old school items are special and very well designed. If you look at some of the newer clothing it has been very poorly done. The Holiday coat looks aweful, not to mention the Santa hat that went with it.
The arguement may be that some clothing is aimed at the rich player, while other clothing is for your Target wearer? :)

On one hand I do agree reducing the Max TT of clothing would free up alot of Ped, but if crafting clothes, it would spell the end of any decent HOF or globals. If you craft on condition for a 100TT Ped coat, your globals arive nicely. If you craft for a 0.5Ped TT coat, you get sweet FA!

What I would suggest is that the TT value must reach at least 10% before the clothing starts to look decayed. For the 1st 90% it holds its true look. To be honest the old school items are special and very well designed. If you look at some of the newer clothing it has been very poorly done. The Holiday coat looks aweful, not to mention the Santa hat that went with it.
The arguement may be that some clothing is aimed at the rich player, while other clothing is for your Target wearer? :)

Crafting designs would not have to be changed. Residue is given back on items that are full TT+
so the globals and hofs would stay the same. the only difference would be the max TT of the clothing item.

When I click Cognacs for example, I get 50 ped globals, the coat has 50/200TT value. if I hof 500 peds, the coat is 200TT plus you get 300peds of residue or something else.

So to have the coat at max TT of 50 for example, the crafting would be the exact same.

I agree with lowering the TT of clothes ESPECIALLY if the decay on equip is going to be removed.

Lowering the TT of clothes will allow people to buy more clothes, giving more work to clothes crafters, colorers and texturers, resulting in higher MUs for hunting loot. And did I mention allow people to have more clothes? I don't see any negatives to this, unless the high TT is there just to make the "clothes special" (shouldn't expensive clothes be special because they look good??)

Id cycle the peds from my 500tt Pilot hat in a heartbeat if it was reduced.
Can only be good for MA

They don't need to adjust the tt just reduce the value at which they look their best.

edit: missed that Few Scars also posted this as well.

I'd suggest 50% instead of 90% though. the problem is that no one will be able to recover the tt in existing items.

I'm also surprised we haven't heard from the people who thought the equipping fee on clothing was a good idea when it was introduced.

Or just split the item into two of half it's value, this way it also keeps it's look the same as well.

I've suggested this a couple of times in the past.

The vu that required cloths to be full tt to look good totaly killed tailoring and greatly hurt the look and feel of the game as far fewer players wore cloths and just walked around in their armour all day (the equipping cost didn't help either).

TT has a function
With allot of TT stuck ingame, it means real cash is on the entropia bankaccount
With TT it means you have to depo more with less of a feeling you lost, more like investing
Also rarity and high vallue items grants a possibility to diverentiate from the masses, (why does one pair of jeans costs €5 and the other €180
Low TT makes more bulk, while high TT low markup will morelikely be dumped into the TT terminal which is good consuming economicly wise

Indeed there are pro's and con's how it is right now may not be satisfactoring its just not a random feature

similar suggestion - LOWER "condition limit" for all stuff to 3% that is not that low yet. It was nice that UL weapons went that route. Now make signs do similar. It's ridiculous that Participant Content like signs/screens, etc. have condition limit of 90%.

Last edited:
They don't need to adjust the tt just reduce the value at which they look their best.

edit: missed that Few Scars also posted this as well.

I'd suggest 50% instead of 90% though. the problem is that no one will be able to recover the tt in existing items.

I'm also surprised we haven't heard from the people who thought the equipping fee on clothing was a good idea when it was introduced.

similar suggestion - LOWER "condition limit" for all stuff to 3% that is not that low yet. It was nice that UL weapons went that route. Now make signs do similar.

That would not work. With customization when the item is not fully repaired the TT return goes into repairing the item. So anytime you would want to customize something your peds would get locked.

Lowering the condition limit worked with guns cause you could burn that TT, with clothes it would stay locked forever.

Hello..
w.png

Agreed the TT value is too high on tailored items.

Solutions:

- Lower the TT value to encourage use.
- Add features to various items to encourage use.

Features could be:

+.05% run speed or more for different shoes.
+.1 or more protection vs damage types
etc.

These would be permanent buffs associated with the item, and may cause the item to wear out slowly over time, facilitating repair.

Each item with a different buff would encourage different fashion, if for no other reason than to obtain the buff.

Either way, Tailoring becomes a useful profession again and not just a niche market for people who like to play dress up (not knocking it, I have a few outfits myself!).

similar suggestion - LOWER "condition limit" for all stuff to 3% that is not that low yet. It was nice that UL weapons went that route. Now make signs do similar.

A difference is that weapons decay way faster than clothes. For a typical gun, you pull the trigger hundreds of times during a hunt, but you don't re-equip your clothes between each shot.

This would be an improvement that is filled with Pros and positives, and no downsides!

MA has been doing a great job to get rid of the silly little fees, like the armour equip fee, and soon clothes will follow that. They have done awesome work with removing shop fees and making it cheaper to put up signs. Make up masks were lowered. Lowering the condition limit on weapons. And no more missing shots is a HUGE for the players!

Lowering the TT of many of these unrealistically high TT clothes will be a great addition to the long list of improvements they have been making!

It gives avatars more customization options, which is good for everyone, just like all the other improvements that have been made :)
Make it happen MA!
:grouphug:

That would not work. With customization when the item is not fully repaired the TT return goes into repairing the item. So anytime you would want to customize something your peds would get locked.

Lowering the condition limit worked with guns cause you could burn that TT, with clothes it would stay locked forever.

They could just remove this action of adding to the TT value on customization, I've never understood the rationale for having it.

I don't like it, I want the TT of clothes to remain as is!

Let them wear OJ's if they don't depo! :lolup:

I agree. All clothing items should have MAX TT reduced.

I recommend somewhat along the lines of:
Level 1 BP produces MAX TT item of 1 PED.
Level 2 BP produces MAX TT item of 2 PED.
Level 3 BP produces MAX TT item of 3 PED.
Level 13 BP produces MAX TT item of 13 PED.

Which ALSO means that the CRAFTING INPUT of materials need to be REDONE by Mindark, so the INPUT COST per item also reflects the final price. ie We should not be expected to cough up 50 peds of materials and have a cap worth only 1 ped as a result.

eg. RT caps are ~50 peds MAX TT - then repair is needed for colors, etc. Who in his right mind is going to waste resources crafting level 1-2 items with such high pricetags? And who will buy them? Purely a flawed concept.

Reducing the COST and MAX TT of clothing would help boost the crafter side economy as well as encourage thousands of players to be able to dress economically - including the newcomers who simply sweat.

Reducing the COST and MAX TT of clothing would help boost the crafter side economy as well as encourage thousands of players to be able to dress economically - including the newcomers who simply sweat.

Couldn't agree more :)

Bump this thread up!

Toulan has released clothing which also has a very low TT. This is the new trend. I makes a lot of sense. But MA should rebalance all the high TT clothes. things are way out of balance now as these new low TT items are killing the market on all high TT clothes.

Turrelion Settler coats, has 15 TT value.
Elder Coat 7.50 TT (Which is basically a master coat.)
Labibah Coat 7.50TT (Which is basically a master coat. )
Innkeeper Coat 7.50TT
etc etc etc....

Whereas most old Calypso clothing has to have much higher tt in order to look good.

For example. A player wants to buy a coat... hmm why would I buy a Cognac/Master coat which need 200TT value in order to look good. When instead they can just buy one of these 7.50TT coats instead.

And all of the people who already own Cognac/Master coats etc, have so much peds tied up in their clothes.

EVERYONE in EU would benefit if MA would rebalance the TT value of the old Calypso clothes. Make Cognac coats etc 15TT. And give the peds back to all the players that have the extra 185PEDS tied up in it. Players can use those peds for hunting/mining whatever they like.

I doubt this will happen anytime soon. All Ped's stuck in cloths and furniture with MU are tied into the game and they will never have to pay this money out. Its not good for the economy because it would free ped's mind ark doesn't own the real usd counterpart anymore for.

We all know there is a big difference between ped's in game and real money on their account. Freeing TT from this items would be a bad move for them.

I don't say I'm against this, in fact I would love if my cloths had less max tt value. I'm just saying that I don't believe it will happen because of the reason above.

They shouldn't reduce TT of existing clothes, they should release new line of clothes with lesser TT.
They already do that for requirment of healing tools, dpp on guns etc..
Why should it be different ?

Bump it up!

Reduce TT of all high TT clothes will be great for the whole community! :)
come on MA.

please do not reduce the TT value of my things! :grumble:

i've got thousands of ped tied up in all my clothes, so i'd really appreciate if their tt value would be reduced to somewhat reasonable like 50 ped max for each piece, and i could finally cycle the ped difference into the pool again :yup:

I'm not a fan of expensive clothes myself... I'd rather spend the money on armour; that being said, I do like it when I see people looking good and I am in favour of some changes.

So, those saying TT should be reduced and the difference given back so the player can recycle the PEDs... what happens with the MU? I know some of these coats for example went for a high MU.

what happens with the MU? I know some of these coats for example went for a high MU.

clothes aren't stackable items with 100+X%, so their markup stays just the same TT+xxx PED :wise:

Back