Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Hang out: Icarus. Apartment: Medusa South Tower, Floor 10
    Faucon Ioji VanAlkel
    Images

Question Mall Shops and Activity?

So, here's a question:

Is there some sort of system in place that evicts mall owners if they don't keep up with their stores or log in for a certain period of time? Or do the shops just stick to the owner forever, even if the owner abandons the game?

I ask because I am working on a project I'm calling Entropia Revival (check out the blog for it linked in my signature) and am interested in purchasing a mall shop - not necessarily for my own benefit but to help try and revive the mall scene. I would like to work on a shop and advertise the hell out of it

So, is there any way that these mall shops can go up for sale other than for the player to put them up his/herself?

Not that I want anyone to get evicted but would like to see the malls bustling again
    Check out my blog; I'm bringing back Entropia.

I am, and we all are, the Entropia Revival Project.

"Actions give way to damage. It's retaliation that paves the way to recovery."

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Andrey Andy Russian
    Society
    Deep Core Mining
    Images
    No such system, except terms of EULA, about a period of account inactivity. In this case, Shop (as other items) becomes the property of MA back, and may be sold again at auction to other players
    First arrival to PE 10 Jun 2004. Strong addict of this game since 07 Jan 2007 (as Andy)
    Fanless Mini PC for night work: Topminipc

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Faucon Ioji VanAlkel
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No such system, except terms of EULA, about a period of account inactivity. In this case, Shop (as other items) becomes the property of MA back, and may be sold again at auction to other players
    I think that just about answered my question. Thanks man

LeeLoo LeeLoo Faith
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    a while ago there was rent and if you didnt pay it no more items would be sellable/ nobody would be able to enter the shop but now you can be offline forever and shop will still be functional .. maybe one day you will not have anything left to sell though

if you make the right offer I guess it is possible to find shop owners willing to sell.
    Colorful Faith -LeeLooīs Fashion Service
    Coloring
    [51] . Tailoring [27]. make Textures [29] .Texturing [39]

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    They are owners and paid hefty sums for their property, how could they be evicted? The different question's when the account itself gets wiped, that equals to a death of a heirless owner.

There are a bunch of shops for sale. I went thru' all malls yesterday, shop by shop, and
    there a some deeds for sale.

When I did that, it's so obvious something needs to be done. All malls feels more or
    less like abandoned malls that would fit The last of us.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Wand AxeMurderer Silva
    Society
    Massive Dynamic
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FauconIoji View Post
    So, here's a question:

Is there some sort of system in place that evicts mall owners if they don't keep up with their stores or log in for a certain period of time? Or do the shops just stick to the owner forever, even if the owner abandons the game?

I ask because I am working on a project I'm calling Entropia Revival (check out the blog for it linked in my signature) and am interested in purchasing a mall shop - not necessarily for my own benefit but to help try and revive the mall scene. I would like to work on a shop and advertise the hell out of it

So, is there any way that these mall shops can go up for sale other than for the player to put them up his/herself?

Not that I want anyone to get evicted but would like to see the malls bustling again
    As I think someone else said in in another thread. It's like when last time you used your VTOL or TP chip. More then a year. Ok lets take it from you. When you look it like this you feel silly for asking MA to take something someone paid 10-20k peds just becouse he doesnt use it now.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Faucon Ioji VanAlkel
    Images
    Well I think a few people took what I was asking a little bit out of context :P

I'm not saying that anything should be taken from anyone. What I was asking is actually more simple: if a player is inactive for a long period of time (over 365 days) is there anything in place that marks a player as "inactive" and puts his land up for sale?

I was around for rent and when it was abolished and its because I was around for rent that I was unsure as to whether some sort of inactivity deadline was enacted to compensate for what would inevitably be a largely-growing ratio of inactive shop owners who neglected to sell off their shops (because the reality is that its just simple math. eventually, each shop owner will get tired of the shop, whether its in a day or ten years, and what if those owners all fail to sell of their land?)

I think we already see this in the apartments and its partially apparent in the shops.

I believe my question was answered, though; nothing like this is in place. I wonder, though, if it should be? Not that I'm necessarily for or against it but I am certainly curious as to whether such an idea would be friendly to the economy. As a shop owner, I wouldnt be mad if I stopped playing the game and my shop was "foreclosed" on and I was given a cut to my ped card.

Also, I agree that something has to be done about the shops. I feel like the malls should be way more frequently used, and they aren't.

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Georg3 Skit Michaels
    Society
    NBK
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FauconIoji View Post
    Well I think a few people took what I was asking a little bit out of context :P

I'm not saying that anything should be taken from anyone. What I was asking is actually more simple: if a player is inactive for a long period of time (over 365 days) is there anything in place that marks a player as "inactive" and puts his land up for sale?

I was around for rent and when it was abolished and its because I was around for rent that I was unsure as to whether some sort of inactivity deadline was enacted to compensate for what would inevitably be a largely-growing ratio of inactive shop owners who neglected to sell off their shops (because the reality is that its just simple math. eventually, each shop owner will get tired of the shop, whether its in a day or ten years, and what if those owners all fail to sell of their land?)

I think we already see this in the apartments and its partially apparent in the shops.

I believe my question was answered, though; nothing like this is in place. I wonder, though, if it should be? Not that I'm necessarily for or against it but I am certainly curious as to whether such an idea would be friendly to the economy. As a shop owner, I wouldnt be mad if I stopped playing the game and my shop was "foreclosed" on and I was given a cut to my ped card.

Also, I agree that something has to be done about the shops. I feel like the malls should be way more frequently used, and they aren't.
    What I think would help, after X-amount of days of inactivity with the shop/logging in, a courtesy e-mail/phone call should be made to that person just to remind them of their shop and maybe they should consider selling it(no pressure on doing it but maybe they forgot about what kind of estate they had). I know there's a few players that would love a chance at owning a shop in a mall but the active shop owners are selling for too high and the ones that are empty, most of those players don't log in anyways lol. You are on the right track about trying to do something about inactive shop-owners making malls look like ghost towns.

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Elissia Eli Talor
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    They are owners and paid hefty sums for their property, how could they be evicted? The different question's when the account itself gets wiped, that equals to a death of a heirless owner.
    Here lies a major issue with malls in EU though. Someone owns the mall as a whole. That means the productivity of its component parts affects the value of the mall as a whole. In real scenarios, the mall enters into contracts with shop owners. Expectations are set and met.

But in EU, once the shop is sold, the mall owner loses all control of that component part. Even if I had the money I would not invest in a mall. It's absolutely essential that owners can expect quality shops but they can't enforce it. Huge flaw, imho.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast