Help: Entropy the Purger - no loot - support case...

Tycoon

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
GenX000 Caveman Tycoon
Recently I helped in killing an Entropy the Purger (many actually)...
(against my better judgment, despite vowing to never participate in these "Shared Loot" events again)

I shot at it from full health non-stop until it died...
(doing 106 average damage/second, + reload bonus from wearing a Flimsy Thorifoid helmet)

Level 4190 mob with 1,450,000 HP (according to Entropedia)...

I didn't receive ANY LOOT, and everyone else claimed the same in public chat!...
(This is COMPLETELY unfair and UNBALANCED!!!)

So, I sent support case (as many others said they did as well), and here's the insulting outcome...

2014-02-27 03:07 You wrote:

I spent a lot of ammo/decay helping everybody kill some of the "Entropy The Purger" mobs as well as many other versions of the Vangaurd types in the robot event going on at Fort Troy...

One of the "Entropy The Purger"s didn't drop any loot (apparently for anybody)...

I took a screenshot with time-stamp as well as some of the public chat, others saying they got no loot!

That's a lot to get no return on, I don't believe that was the intended outcome, and I hope this situation will be resolved fairly!

2014-02-27 16:00 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Caveman,

Thank you for contacting us. Please accept our truthful apologies for the inconveniences this has caused you. Unfortunately, I must inform you that due to technical reasons both unexpected and unavoidable issues that affect the performance of the system do occasionally occur and, according to the EULA § 5 and § 6, we do not compensate for losses in such cases.

Please rest assured that we will certainly investigate this matter further, try to locate the cause and take all reasonable efforts in order to prevent this from happening again.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

(The support case was closed, I was not even allowed to respond!!!)
(I attached this screenshot of the public chat with the support case)...

This seems to me like blatant robbery, not to mention insulting insincere apologies!!!

What do you have to say for yourselves Calypso Developers?... is that your public stance on this issue?

Kim? :scratch2:

This has happened with the Hussk before, and it continues to happen!
Why is it not fixed?
And why is the response "sorry you got screwed" instead of a fair and reasonable compensation?

Last edited:
It's dynamic :guide:

Its ok, Kim dropped all the loot and one person picked it up.

It is so shameful that they can not take a position on such a case, this is not the first time we experience something like that!

They are so cowardly and send autorespond back with that BS and decides to close the case....:scratch2:

The purger is living up to its name I see :laugh:

That's the same response I received from support. :(

There were many players that lost PEDs due to several server crashes as well as no-looters on creatures that quite frankly shouldn't have them

People at MA agree but stand behind the eula when it takes to much time or effort to fix it.

Life is about choices. You choose to do something knowing all the possible outcomes. Your decision got you in the situation. Nothing in the game has to be done. The more choices the better in my opinion. People just need to learn self control.

I am sorry for your loss but I recommend not spending what you cant afford to lose

Last edited:
Life is about choices. You choose to do something knowing all the possible outcomes. Your decision got you in the situation. Nothing in the game has to be done. The more choices the better in my opinion. People just need to learn self control.

I am sorry for your loss but I recommend not spending what you cant afford to lose
is that the response support sent you?

Purger at about 00:35 MA on the 18th of November no looted again!

MA took 5k+\- ped from us again. :mad:

this has happen multi times on uber level oratan lancers in ark events before. Maybe this time mindark look into this? >^.^<

MA don't fix this until next event, it might solve any budget trouble quite fast :)

Joking, it's obliouvsly a shame and MA should write better their loot algorithms

Someone who hasn't played 5 minutes in the last 6 months has no business chiming in with a shitty opinion.

We are told more than once that these should NOT ever no-loot after last years no-looters. MA has had ample time to fix it, and make sure it didn't happen again. So when it does, it is not our fault for shooting it.

I also submitted a support case, but haven't received a reply. I did it because they did lead me to believe that these types of mobs should never no loot anymore. And IMO they should never. Submitted a support case is what I can do to tell them I don't approve. And to respond to a reply, my already shaken faith is near broken. Already willing to sell skills and working to clear out storage on other planets. If MA doesn't give a $hit about our business then why should I care about theirs?:( it's just sad

i read this lightly, so :
each time i killed a "share loot" mob that drop no loot, do i have to make a ticket ? :eyecrazy:

a BIG mob drop a "no loot", thing that can happened, loot is random [0;xxx] where 0 is IN the range of possible loot.

Uber Mob = Uber Loot or Uber NoLoot or JustSomeLootInThisRangeFrom0toUber

Event is just a context to make the universe Spawn these mobs, i don't think it's written on the rules that EACH mob have to drop something, loot is not mandatory, loot is Dynamic.

When a new player is crying cause he always have "no loot" on small mobs and small shared mobs ' like shared loot shinkibas", you just say him to stop crying and play more, cause no loot can happen lot of times...
No you crie cause your share loot mob don't drop anything, i really don't understand why ?

Maybe i don't have understand the real problem behind this, maybe i'm not enough old player to understand your case, i don't blame anyone, i just wanna understand this "no loot thing"

So if someone can explain me all of this to let me better understanding it, cause i don't know if this is a 2 speeds game (noob on a side with regular noloot and ubers in the other with 0 no loot) or if all are in the same game.

for some fresh player, all of this is confusing and i really wanna understanding this as it s a part of the EU mechanics.

thank for reading, and i wait for some enlightement.
have a nice day

You've been Hussk'ed! :yay:

(Seriously tho, this no-loot bug, sometimes followed by server error, it's getting old very quickly)

Sincere question #1:
Has MA stated that these are supposed to always give loot?

Sincere question #2:
If one 1.5M HP mob doesn't drop loot, how is that different from 150k punys out of 1.5M pints not dropping anything?

Sincere question #3:
Should all expensive BPs come with loot-guarantee?

I guess I was right to not spend a single PEC at this shared loot.

Keep up the good work MA, soon you will be playing your own game alone :D

Sincere question #1:
Has MA stated that these are supposed to always give loot?

Sincere question #2:
If one 1.5M HP mob doesn't drop loot, how is that different from 150k punys out of 1.5M pints not dropping anything?

Sincere question #3:
Should all expensive BPs come with loot-guarantee?

#1: don't know for this one, but concerning loot, they always says it's "dynamic", maybe this is different for this one

#2 and #3:
i see a huge difference between a 1.5M hp mob and 150K punys mob worth 1.5M hp :
for the huge mob -> loot pool range from 0 to Huge loot, and you only get 1 try in the loot pool
for 150K punies -> loot pool range from 0 to Puny Loot but this case you got 150K tries in the loot pool
now i don't have the motivation to expose mathematics and statistics but i think it's self explaining...

for the BP, if it's an UNL one, you have many many tries in the loot pool, so more luck to have loot, like in the puny case, in the oppositre side, with the HUGE mob, only 1 try in the pool, so much more possibilities to have a 0 loot, since 0 is in the range too.

and in the 150K punies, you can have 150k times 0, cause the pseudo ramdom algo will never let this happen, you can chain several "no loot" in a bad luck day, but not 150K ones^^, and if i know, HUGE mob already loot multiple times^^ so for me, this is a standard case of no luck with some of them dropping a loot of 0 (no loot)

Is this event was so important to mindark than finish all the bugs and make game more playable ?:wise:

I found this post by Kim from last year

My view is that it's quite simply outrageous that killing a creature such as the Sand King could ever result in no-looters, if I was a player I would be furious if that ever happened to me. However it is also true that the system is designed in such a way that its possible for no-looters to occur on any creature regardless of its level. Even still the sheer number of no-looters on the Sand King is highly suspicious and does merit further investigation which is currently under way by both MindArk and Planet Calypso. My initial discussion with MindArk regarding this matter prooved that we're all on the same page, bosses should always drop loot, period. I hope to get back to you soon with more information.

Thanks

And then we had the no-looter Hussk in 2012 and people were compensated for it

Please accept my apologies for the delay in compensation, there is a lot of data to go through and at the same time there are other technical issues to take care of as well. Ill get back to you once I have more info about when it will be handed out.

Cheers

So yes, the big mega HP mobs are supposed to have loot every time. In the Hussk situation people were compensated, precedent was set, and now when the issue happens again, support decided to give people a could shoulder.

Players being frustrated, mad, and vocal on the forums is completely reasonable.

"supposed" is the word, and they were compensated because there was LOT of nolooters, so in this case if the no looters are legion, of course there is a bug, but if it s only 2-3 non looters, this is "probably" not a bug.

Why does HUGEBOSS always have drops (that favorise ubers) and little boss (the one noobs can hunt and kill) will not always have a drop ? you prone for a 2 speeds game ? with a frontier between distinct group of players ?

in my personal experience, i have been on the beach with the L3000+ mobs some days ago, i see 10+ been killed ( and have shooted some PECS on them, like 10 z12barbarella shots) on each, and all the mobs have loots to drop, i ve not seen one saying 'no loot), i ve personally always recieved some shrapenels/ammo back (very little ammount since i only shot 10 times^^) but always something.

if players scream "no loot" cause they dont loot Items in the loot but only crap, it is not a 'no loot' one but a crap loot one, like it was the case, when a huge mob drop only shrapenel/ammo, some players was complaining to not have an items, and crying 'no loot' but there was, shrapnel and ammos^^

EDIT:
the supposed word have been edited :/ so, i correct it now :
"boos should always drop" was clearly said by mindark, or is it your personal interpretation of their word ? cause it make a HUGE difference. MA is able to say something that let you interpret them in a way that make you happy, but in fact, they didn't mean this but just a "shade" of it that is not completly equal^^

Last edited:
I found this post by Kim from last year

And then we had the no-looter Hussk in 2012 and people were compensated for it

So yes, the big mega HP mobs are supposed to have loot every time. In the Hussk situation people were compensated, precedent was set, and now when the issue happens again, support decided to give people a could shoulder.

Players being frustrated, mad, and vocal on the forums is completely reasonable.

"You must spread blabla before giving it to HardWrath again"

Thanks for the answer. So yes people, keep on raging and I'll stop interfering!

Follow up question:
What is the lower accepted limit of loot you guys who hunt shared mobs would accept? Would people go bonkers if it dropped 100PED? 1000PED? Because I assume that a bunch of novas would upset people even more than a no-loot.

Follow up question:
What is the lower accepted limit of loot you guys who hunt shared mobs would accept? Would people go bonkers if it dropped 100PED? 1000PED? Because I assume that a bunch of novas would upset people even more than a no-loot.

I would go and shot if 5-10% of cost to kill was minimum loot on such a mob. May be even a bit lower if above 5000 peds to kill. Just to be conform with dynamics.

in this way, ban "no loot" for all mobs, and add a 5-10% or a bit lower for ALL mobs^^

oh wait.....0 is a bit lower than 5-10% (on a 0 to UBER % scale), so it's true MA made it, they guarantee 5-10% (or a bit lower, 0 include) on all mobs, crazy :laugh:

Someone who hasn't played 5 minutes in the last 6 months has no business chiming in with a shitty opinion.

Calm down Taco, he even wrote it more than a half year ago...

in this way, ban "no loot" for all mobs, and add a 5-10% or a bit lower for ALL mobs^^

oh wait.....0 is a bit lower than 5-10% (on a 0 to UBER % scale), so it's true MA made it, they guarantee 5-10% (or a bit lower, 0 include) on all mobs, crazy :laugh:

As far as other mobs go, the whole reason Nova Fragments were introduced was to mostly get rid of the no-looters. With Nova Fragments people are at least getting something. Since the onset of EU players have been exceedingly frustrated with the no-looters. Lots has been done over the years by MA to rebalance things.

What does a Purger cost to kill, 5500+ PED? With a mob that costs such an insane amount to kill, the expection is that it should HoF every time. But what truly infuriates players is when supprt blows them off. To lean on the technicalities of the EULA as a first response not only lacks empathy and customer service, it's also a weak argument.

A simple loot range of 10% to 90% non multiplied cost to kill instead of 0%-100% would fix this problem for the mega HP mobs.

Last edited:
Back