Entropia FanFiction

Society
Death Unlimited
Johan Roadkill Deadmeat
Me and a few others decided to make entropia fanfiction but our project didn't really take of (this was in like 2012) so I might aswell post what I've got here for people to enjoy :)

all factions, institutes and agencies are part of entropias history and created by MA.
explanation on all abbreviations and history check out:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?259547-Entropia-History-a-Look-Back

(warning: probably needs aloot of proof reading so grammarnazis take your anxiety pills now... as an example if you see a "poop" in there it's probably "poor" or something as I wrote all of it on my phone and well yeah Feck autocorrect)

to get you all in the mood here's the "never seen a sky so alien" old entropia song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFGpQsaHqpA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

this one I did post when people where screaming for an explanation when MA removed a few TPs
Danger close​
The Entropia Broadcast Network (EBN) reports that recent terrorist attacks committed a few days ago has been revealed to be the acts of several groups of robots who simultaneously attacked several smaller and heavier maned outposts. Property of great value has been destroyed. Reports Trob Tedser of the Research and Defence Institute (RDI)
Simultaneously a disturbance in the Teleportation Grid was detected and it is believed that the attacks was an attempt to avert attention against another attack to Calypsos Teleportation Grid.
The last time the Teleportation Grid was targeted by robots was during one of the great fights in 06, back then it was never discovered why the robots had decided to disrupt the grid but the official theory is that it was an attempt to trap any traveling colonists in Limbo.
'Should the robots succeed then hundreds of thousands of colonists would be trapped as loose matter and the strain on the grid could possibly overload all teleporters on the planet says Trob.'
The strain could break the planet apart.
The RDI on the orders of High Commander Jenny Carramone of the Calypso Defence Force (CDF) have therefor dismantled and disabled several teleporters and terminals believed to have been tampered with.
At the same time the reconstruction and renovation of many outposts are in progress.
It may be an inconvenience but it is a matter of planetary security these changes has been made concludes Trob.

was saving this for a mutated chirpy event
Angry birds​
The Entropia Broadcast Network (EBN) sends out a warning to all colonists.

It appears that a new kind of virus is spreading at an alarming speed. So far only the native bird life seems to be effected but the EBN urges hunters to take extra caution as it could only be a matter of time before the virus mutates to other animals.

"Chirpies seems to have been effected the most by this epidemic and all colonist that finds themselves near or in a flock of Chirpies should take extreme caution and wear proper protective gear and air filter devices", says the Calypso zoological institute (CZI): "It is for your safety".

These infected or so called mutated animals have no visible difference from other unaffected ones but will appear very aggressively and may even attack. If injured by an infected animal you should seek immediate help or the symptoms may be fatal.

The Calypso Wildlife Institute (CWI) reports that several colonists have already been hospitalised and measurements are taken to map infected areas. Scientists fear that if infected animals are not found and culled swiftly the disease may spread. If this happens, it will not be long until there are civilian casualties or maybe even human carriers showing the same symptoms and spreading the disease even further

To spot an infected animal:
There are no difference in appearance but infected mobs have shown great hostility, an enhanced urge to protect its territory and increase in strength aswell as decrease in intelligence.

The EBN has had several reports of sightings where animals have acted strangely but no reported area has been confirmed yet. If you have any information about infected zones you are urged to report it immediately to the CZI, CWI or the EBN so that the area can be declared a quarantine zone and a vaccine be produced quickly. We thank you for your cooperation.

A different interpretation on planet calypsos colonization more info on their website
Entry 1​
Attention Colonists! Minister of Culture Cuggly Barl proudly presents a never seen before collection of memoirs written by one of the first settlers from earth. It has taken many years and no identity has been discovered but from analysation scientists concur this collection is in all probability from the same albeit unknown writer.

A new beginning.
It's funny, no matter what race or background we all began with the same goal in mind, a new life.

Leaving earth wasn't a hard nor an easy decision, it was simply necessary. I won't get in to all the personal reasons or the environmental ones or the wars. No matter the reason we all left with a common goal.

Ethnicity, background, country's, individuality all disappeared with the mega corporations and the invention of teleporters, humanity simply melted together. Art and culture seemed lost, we simply existed rather then lived.

It all started with the Odysseus project. Seven probes were sent out to distant stars in order to find resources and bring the economy together, It was meant to save us but instead ruined us. Nothing happened and as resources grew scares people started fighting over what little was left, power shifted and a new superpower formed to control all the system and it's colonies.
Corrupt politicians and power hungry generals if you ask me...

Until one day when a probe finally sent home news about the discovery, an inhabitable world.

Back home big tv screens hung on buildings tall enough to pierce the skies and block the sun.
We all saw the videos and heard the rumours, a new life on planet calypso. The EBN had us all fooled. I remember the broadcasts, standing in the rain in filthy smog covered streets, it was hypnotising.

All the adds started the same way.
'Are you feeling unfulfilled, bored with life on earth?
What would you say to a new life? Filled with adventure where you can live out your dreams and claim your fortune.
We can give you that life! All you have to do is join project Entropia.
Once signed up we will transport you to the beautiful planet calypso where your new life begins!'

The recording continued all while soothing music was playing in the background. Sounds to good to be true? It was...

'Calypso is the first planet after earth to be safely inhabited by humans and as a pioneer you will have many opportunities to claim land, mine precious resources and maybe even find love.
Sign up now and be the master of your own destiny, we look forward to seeing you there.'

The video stream cut off and I realised where I was and where I needed to go. Calypso huh?

They say Calypso got its name from the Greek myth about a sea nymph trapping the hero Odysseus on an island for seven long years. The probe who was meant to keep searching for more suitable planets after its discovery stayed around calypso for many years, like it was beholding the beauty and wonders of the planet.
No logs could ever explain its behaviour but few believed that after so many years alone in space it gained a conscience of its own and when it came in contact with the calypsian wildlife it stayed to study them. It learned from the native life, only the strongest lives, mercy is for the weak. No one could have guessed what the probe found on calypso, self awareness. It was alive.

'They say you don't dream in cryo, I never dreamed anyway.'

I remember walking down the ramp and taking my first step on this new planet, I have never seen a sky so alien. Breathtakingly beautiful I turned around and my eyes hungered to see more. With every breath I liked it more and more.
It did not take me long to learn about the perils that lurked around every corner but with each danger there was an opportunity to profit. Still.. I had no idea what was to come.
A threat beyond measuring from the most unlikely foe.

As the first pioneers arrived the civilisation grew fast with the aid of robots. The drone who had discovered Calypso was never heard from again and many years after a new probe was sent out to determine its fate.
Three months after its launch the probe was discovered. It had built a base on one of the two superseized twin planets Akbal and Cimi. Attempts were made to contact the probe but there was no answer until one day when the Calypso Defence Force (CDF) received an encrypted code.
In order to decrypt the code they implanted it in to the base matrix for all AI on calypso.
Bad move.
No one can explain why it happened but I believe the encryption was the soul, the self awareness of the old probe now being programmed in to every robot on calypso. Only the strongest lives, and that wasn't us.

As the robots built for our comfort converted in to fierce killer machines war erupted, it was hard times. After years of struggle and heavy losses we managed to drive them back to the Akbal-Cimi system, at that time millions of life had been lost along with one of our grates cities Zychion Citadel.
Shortly after the robots retreat a giant probe just like the one that had once left earth so many years ago was seen coming towards calypso and was then shot down by the imperial guards.
I think it wanted to go home.
While staying on Calypso it wasn't survival of the fittest it had learned, it was beauty and balance. It read and learned about our history. We destroyed our own planet, we fought and killed our own for profit and land. War,famine where ever it looked the probe saw nothing but bad things. In a desperate attempt to maintain balance it tried to make us leave and eventually after years of struggle it realized it was doing exactly what it had set out to stop. It was then it decided to go home, the home it had grown to love.
As the biggest space battle in calypsos history took place the drone was destroyed just in orbit of calypso, it died with a perfect view.
What it hadn't thought of was that, Calypso could never be tamed, it would always remain an untamed wilderness filled with fortune seekers and thrill junkies.

So... Calypso huh?
sounds too good to be true? It probably is.

When is your arrival date?

yey colonists, boo robos!
Remember E-Day​

It's been years ago since they first came. Like snakes they slithered and schemed. Calculative and emotionless they were the perfect chameleon.

E-Day, that's what they called it. Extermination day. Even though the big war had ended many generations ago the battles we faced was no less fierce. People died in the fields even before firing their weapons as the robots tore through our defences. The sight of old friends being cut in half by the gruesome second entities' powerful cutters and their dismembered bodies falling heavy in the ash covered lands never left my mind.

Days and nights passed just as they always did as if the skies were unaware of the terrors below, it angered me something so normal could be going on while people died alone in pits of mud.
The enemy waves and wall of lasers never dulled in strength, it all seemed hopeless, but also somehow beautiful.
Strong men and women were going mad in those trenches, the toxic air and constant cries could make any man lose their mind. Some in sheer desperation hoped the robots would spare them if only they helped them get through our defences, so they turned on their own.
That was the worst part, to see people survive a never ending hordes of oncoming fiends only to get shot in the back by the brothers they had sworn to protect, it was all pointless. Driven mad, covered in the blood of their brothers and sisters they then ran across the barren fields and threw themselves on their knees before the superior enemy. If they even managed to cross the fields only death awaited, it made me wonder if the machines in some obscure way enjoyed to see us suffer.

Back home the people were well informed about our heroic efforts in holding the massive robot forces back thanks to the EBN space station orbiting calypso. It was All lies, McCormick had tried to warn people about trusting the government before but without questioning they believed everything they saw.
The victories seen through out the city's big hover-screens were all filmed and edited in safe environments by the people who left us to die alone.
In reality no one was winning, the machines ability to form and manufacture new destroyers seemed to almost exceed our own ability to kill them.
The worst of them all were the Warlocks ruthlessly they commanded the smaller troops with a literal iron fist.
That is probably what scared me the most, they knew their percentage of success. Carefully calculated to a millionth decimal they knew only death awaited, but that would also have to mean they saw a chance in winning, they had seen our defeat.

Our forces smashed, our defences broken, all seemed lost. At the break of dawn on E-Day the earth trembled, was this the final push that would end it all? Would we witness the true force and ruthlessness up close as their army overwhelmed ours?
I could feel them come closer and I closed my eyes slowly and pictured the beautiful fields of Atlas Island where I had so many times taken long walks and in all probability never would see again. Carefully I opened my eyes and clutched my weapon tightly. A young soldier opposite of me was almost shaking as much as the ground and as he saw me look at him I gave him a smug smile, cocked my gun and jumped over the barricade.
The final attack was truly a sight to behold, endless numbers of drones and higher led by a group of fierce warlocks, their razor sharp claws dirtied by the blood of my brothers in arms.
As scorched earth scattered when their lasers hit the ground around me I ducked and fired, if this was my end I was not going without company.
In all that madness I could not help but remember the fallen and smile chaotically for them as my bullets reached their targets.
Suddenly only inches above my right shoulder a bright flash passed me by and in front of me it pierced the thin spine of a second entity instantly making it fall.
On both my sides an army of the bravest and the best in both military factions and freelancing mercs came running passed me and in seconds the battle had turned.
With superior armour and weapons their lasers pierced and melted what ever target they hit.

The first warlock since the battles beginning fell as a team of rangers closed in, to see such a powerful beast tremble and fall was indescribable.

On my knees in the mud I stared at the carnage before me, exhausted I did not realise for long that my weapon had been hit by enemy fire and was rendered useless, I still tried to fire it.
It was almost as someone had hit the mute button, the world went silent.
All the noise came crashing back on me as I felt a hand on my shoulder and someone pulled me back to safety with great force.

'Looks like we came just in time!'
A soldier dressed in completely black armour, I could not see his face through the vizier.

' we intercepted a few strange codes a few days back but they were immediately confiscated and only today did we receive a redacted copy, with these locations saying something was going down here.'

Chocked and dazed all I could enable myself to do was to shake his hand.
He laughed and I remember it well, it sounded so carefree.

'you look like something someone just ran over, I'll find you a field medic'

He hardly had time to stand before a powerful sound roared from behind our flanks and a silver light passed through his chest like it was butter.

E-Day had only begun.

More shots came from our side and more soldiers fell no matter how well equipped they were, had the enemy gotten passed us?

Walking through the settling dust a small group of soldiers dressed in armours i had never seen before and with firepower well over the capabilities of our strongest weapons arrived, who,why? So many questions.
Next to me the body of the soldier who had helped me crackles, from his helmet I hear a voice.

'beware new intel suggest there may be infiltrator units amongst us, they must be found and eliminated'

It was too late, they were already here and no one knew.

Grabbing the dead soldiers weapon quickly I fire multiple times at the infiltrator units but nothing seems to pierce their armour, a big explosion shot from one of the cyborgs weapons threw me helplessly and with that I lost conscience.

When I woke up the battles had ended, the battle not won but for now at least we hadn't lost. We faced a new threat one we couldn't see, no one knew when we'd face these alleged Rx Infiltrations Unit again but it was definitely not the last time.
Next time I'd be ready...

Epilogue.
Our struggle continues and we fended of the infiltrator units many times thanks to the skill and dedication of our fighters.

During one of our battles we acquired an artefact of some sort, only a handful knows what it really is but it is thanks to this one item we have sealed a truce between the Rx Units.
They struggle to understand our concepts of feelings and emotions, if you asked me they are only our friends as long as we have the mysterious artefact.
--------------------------------

In dedication of our troops and soldiers out in the field making calypso safe.
Always remember, never forget. To all those who fought, lived and died, remember E-Day

Fictional story about what happened before Duchev got there... Also a fun conspiracy pun, was Jensen taken by the mutants or the government?

bowie fu€k yeah​
The Entropia Broadcast Network (EBN) reports that last friday a probe search made by the Imperial Mining Office (IMO) found something out of the ordinary and the excavation revealed a pre-Titan research bunker that had miraculously survived the blast but got buried beneath several layers of debris and dirt.

IMO reported the find to The Calypsian Fepartment of History (CDH) who kept the find a secret to preserve its integrity and to make sure there were no sensitive equipment or data that could be leaked or stolen.

The CDH together with the Research Defence Institute (RDI) has since been examining its content and only moments ago a statement was made by the leading research official Trob Tedser saying that the contents found may finally shed some extra light to the whole story about the orbs that appeared all around calypso a few years ago.

The bunker had not been found earlier because of the research going on there being top secret and not even on military maps was it marked.

The RDI reported that several video files and logs was recovered and restored.

'The files that does not hold sensitive information that would endanger the integrity of the Calypso defence system will be displayed to the public in an Oxford exhibition dedicated to the Orbs states Trob Tedser.'

We on CalypsoCitizen have, thanks to our cooperation with New Oxford and its Minister of Culture "Cuggly Barl" been given exclusive rights to show some of the video footage that will not be displayed due to its extreme content.

To sensitive viewers we give a warning that some of the content may appear disturbing and that some names have been changed or edited out to preserve the privacy of the people involved.

*audio crackles*
The screen is black but distinct albeit distorted voices to preserve anonymity can be heard.

'This is ground control, Major Tom do you read?
Ground control to Major Tom to you read? Confirm.'

Visual slowly returns and the screen is showing a noir scenery, the dark picture quality is probably a result of the restoration process.

A small hover is closing in on a big black orb. The orb is approximately ten meters in diameter and terrifyingly enough the atrocity seems to be breathing. Like a horror movie the closer the small hovercraft gets to the orb the atmosphere around the orb grows thick and blood red. Slowly the small craft is engulf and It's barely possibly to make it out from distance.

*audio crackles again*
'This is Major Tom reading you loud and clear ground control. I'm approaching the Oddity, it's exactly how Jensen described it.'

The Majors voice is the only one not changed.

'Happy to hear it,how are your readings Major?'

'I can detect a small anomaly with the magnetic field but that could be due to nearby ores rather then the Oddity. There is something I noticed on my way in though. As soon as the atmosphere turned red the wind stopped and also, I have not seen nor heard any birds since we came in to a mile radious of this thing.
But as i said the scanners show almost nothing. It is almost as if it wasn't here. I get no readings on material or change in atmosphere, please advise ground control. With your permission I'd like to get closer.'

'Permission granted Major, good luck.'

As the hover disappears in the red mist the camera cuts out and switches to onboard cameras.

There is an intense silence and the blood red light almost seem to flow like a liquid over anything it engulfs. Only calm breathing is heard and the same way the strange light blocks out natural light it seems to block out any sound coming from the outside as well.

'We still have you on the onboard cameras Major are there any changes?'

All that is seen on camera is the pulsating orb and nothing is heard but static. The radio crackles any finally a transmission in coming through.

'The Chaos! It told me to drink from the black sea.'

The Majors voice is different, darker, madder.
In the background a silhouette appears, it does not look human. Still wearing his half torn explorer suit big scars and skin as black as the orb is visible.

The voice of the control operatives is heard over the radio.

'Oh god! Major what is going on?'

In the background several voices are heard.

'What should we do? We can't risk sending in someone else.'

Even though the voices are distorted a distinctively female voice is heard over the arguments.

'Captain ********* look at the time stamp on the video stream, how is that possible?
He left fifteen minutes ago but the timer shows an hour of material has been recorded.'

Once again the Major appears in front if the camera, whispering to himself and screaming in agony.

'Chaos! Inside only chaos, it made me, told me to drink. Drink from the black sea. I must go back! The voices!'

A bright light flashes as the hovercraft explodes. For a while static is all that is heard but eventually the silence is broken.

'Gather all the data and bring it to the alpha site and get someone to clean up that wreckage! I do not want a single trace to be found, nothing.
Do you get that? We were never here.
And Get Professor Almon Duchev up here.

*Transmissin ends*

Back