Info: THE HIVE: a tutorial to aurli uber bosses

And a new boss has been added, prepare to face the mighty "Francis the Failure".

I agree in spirit but isn't it preferable to risking that a random shrub tags a boss right in front of you when you've been grinding forever?

If you make shared loot - who gonna hunt there? Dont forget that noobs can not enter cave at all.
If you make it (like you told) boss spawn after xxx mobs + xx hours - it will be unfair against people who grind it, because he will make all hard work, go to sleep and someone will get it for free.
If you gonna make boss spawn right only after xxx mobs (and that number wont be crazy high) - im sure people will grind for it and will be THERE when boss spawns...

P.S. Reward for 1st boss mission is really really low compared how hard to get all 6 boss. How about second one? Killing 10 Dread boss will take YEARs, if reward is same low - what the point?!

I agree in spirit but isn't it preferable to risking that a random shrub tags a boss right in front of you when you've been grinding forever?

Nice to hear that you agree shared loot is bad. Not sure why you nevertheless keep using it.

The real problem, as ever, is not that shared loot is bad but that boss mobs are not compatible with RCE.

Put bones in one giant loot-pool encompassing all mobs within the cave. Have them drop after X damage has been dealt, or PED spent, whichever is easier for you to implement.

People can enter knowing the more PED they spend, and the faster they do this, the better chance they have at finding mutated bones. MindArk wins because of more turnover, and those people grinding the hardest have the best chance at looting bones, in turn making them happy.

The only downside I can see? Bosses aren't as lucrative, but this has been a problem since day 1. The smart/elite/organized will always win if you keep bones dropping from them. And this is obviously not your goal, as you are here asking for suggestions for the best way to re-balance it.

Put bones in one giant loot-pool encompassing all mobs within the cave. Have them drop after X damage has been dealt, or PED spent, whichever is easier for you to implement.

People can enter knowing the more PED they spend, and the faster they do this, the better chance they have at finding mutated bones. MindArk wins because of more turnover, and those people grinding the hardest have the best chance at looting bones, in turn making them happy.

The only downside I can see? Bosses aren't as lucrative, but this has been a problem since day 1. The smart/elite/organized will always win if you keep bones dropping from them. And this is obviously not your goal, as you are here asking for suggestions for the best way to re-balance it.

agree with remving bones from boss and just increase bones drop from cave mobs , but also removing from usual aurli in domes, because i think it is not fair , while people make 5k mission to get bone and others get it in dome1.

Here's a suggestion ... remove the damn bones and make the bloody imp/adj/whatever plates craftable using parts from the aurli broods, as should have been in the 1st place. Then you'd have mark-up for the grinders and activity for the crafters ... and you can keep the aurli larva pvp area so big-shots are happy - they don't mention it but they made extremely nice ped from selling all that alien gel.

Base idea of the HIVE is very nice - access to an area conditioned by fulfilling not such an easy task - 5k aurli is no easy pie for every ava generator noob, however the implementation as it currently is ... sucks. Is almost like a certain group of players custom designed it and commissioned the planet partner to implement it - no offense :rolleyes:

Here's a suggestion ... remove the damn bones and make the bloody imp/adj/whatever plates craftable using parts from the aurli broods, as should have been in the 1st place. Then you'd have mark-up for the grinders and activity for the crafters ... and you can keep the aurli larva pvp area so big-shots are happy - they don't mention it but they made extremely nice ped from selling all that alien gel.

Base idea of the HIVE is very nice - access to an area conditioned by fulfilling not such an easy task - 5k aurli is no easy pie for every ava generator noob, however the implementation as it currently is ... sucks. Is almost like a certain group of players custom designed it and commissioned the planet partner to implement it - no offense :rolleyes:

Crafters already got they profit from making usual 5b, you want them to make more from adj/imp/mod? mabie you crafter? :laugh: look to adj/imp/mod cause/evil - alot less people use them then adj/imp/over/hyper a105/a204. and so far you know blp amps are crafted, lasser are from NPC. So crafter some way stoping people from upgrades.

Thats the idea - if you want to get to cave - do aurli (make Buzz happy). If anyone can join it - no point of it at all.

Well just make it share loot at least I gonna get the chance to shot even if not a bone :wtg:

Crafters already got they profit from making usual 5b, you want them to make more from adj/imp/mod? mabie you crafter? :laugh: look to adj/imp/mod cause/evil - alot less people use them then adj/imp/over/hyper a105/a204. and so far you know blp amps are crafted, lasser are from NPC. So crafter some way stoping people from upgrades.

Thats the idea - if you want to get to cave - do aurli (make Buzz happy). If anyone can join it - no point of it at all.

That's ur opinion and I respect it. Same as I don't blame ur soc and some other smart guyz for takin monopoly on the hive or other game aspects - is MA/PP fault to allow it in my view. I blamed the implementation of the hive - does it seems right to have a bunch of ppl waiting around dayz in a row for a boss to spawn so they can get a 1 ped item that leads to a 600+ PED profit ? For u and the others doing it, maybe yes :) for the economy and in the perception of many - probably not :)

On caly weap craftin is nerfed, armor crafting was nerfed for a long time already, and people complain about returns when most of they're hunting loot is tt food ? :laugh: of course - if there's no demand for it. That's what I meant - besides the bones and the larva there's no MU on the regular broods loot.

Oh, and I did made Buzz happy and spent about 2 weeks in the hive :) Is a flawed system of which few can take advantage of, and that doesn't include all those who do the 5K aurli :rolleyes: - u know well what I mean.

That's ur opinion and I respect it. Same as I don't blame ur soc and some other smart guyz for takin monopoly on the hive or other game aspects - is MA/PP fault to allow it in my view. I blamed the implementation of the hive - does it seems right to have a bunch of ppl waiting around dayz in a row for a boss to spawn so they can get a 1 ped item that leads to a 600+ PED profit ? For u and the others doing it, maybe yes :) for the economy and in the perception of many - probably not :)

On caly weap craftin is nerfed, armor crafting was nerfed for a long time already, and people complain about returns when most of they're hunting loot is tt food ? :laugh: of course - if there's no demand for it. That's what I meant - besides the bones and the larva there's no MU on the regular broods loot.

Oh, and I did made Buzz happy and spent about 2 weeks in the hive :) Is a flawed system of which few can take advantage of, and that doesn't include all those who do the 5K aurli :rolleyes: - u know well what I mean.

in all 2 years i was in cave, there was no other team in cave,

why it is a problem if someone is better than others ? :)

if people can blame lack of information - it was here posted, but nothing cvhanged.
so my conclusion is - people are too lasy to go make some changes. and blame all who trye to do it.

monopoly becomes bad when noone can do same things, but now 1 . you can bring all team better than wss, 2 . you can go to cave and kill bosses.
but noone want to do it.

Relax, I said I don't blame ur soc.

in all 2 years i was in cave, there was no other team in cave,

why it is a problem if someone is better than others ? :)

if people can blame lack of information - it was here posted, but nothing cvhanged.
so my conclusion is - people are too lasy to go make some changes. and blame all who trye to do it.

monopoly becomes bad when noone can do same things, but now 1 . you can bring all team better than wss, 2 . you can go to cave and kill bosses.
but noone want to do it.

U were 2 years in cave but kestukas avatar has only been there maybe 6 months :D

Thing is u guys share avtars all the time u probably have been in cave for 2 years playing other ava then ure own, 2 guys in cave playing 4 avatars 2 are afk at random boss spawn and larva others play game hunt etc.
U only have to check laptop now and then to see if any boss spawn or collect larva, maybe the reason no one goes to dome is because they are so fucking bored of seing the same people stand there afk all day sniping bosses? .....

Im happy with a change from mindark anythign that promotes mobs being killed and not stalked by afk avatars is a great change.

To stop the BS info spreading, the cave has only been around for 1 year.

To stop the BS info spreading, the cave has only been around for 1 year.

So time to close it :) it was sayd there it will be temrorar, now make another cave with 5000 mobs to kill first

So time to close it :) it was sayd there it will be temrorar, now make another cave with 5000 mobs to kill first

i say,make cave for those that did iron aurli + iron kreltin + bronze aurli + bronze kreltin
i guess i will be pretty lonely there :p

i say,make cave for those that did iron aurli + iron kreltin + bronze aurli + bronze kreltin

Youd be lonely and should have your own special price from buzz for all that tax you brought him!

I do support shooting mobs to EARN a boss not to afk waiting for it, but as it has been those that understood and had the patience fir it has been rewarded.

Kill alot of smaller and deserve a boss is a great way to go!

i would agree if there would be money not for buzz but for ma.

If you make shared loot - who gonna hunt there? Dont forget that noobs can not enter cave at all.
If you make it (like you told) boss spawn after xxx mobs + xx hours - it will be unfair against people who grind it, because he will make all hard work, go to sleep and someone will get it for free.
If you gonna make boss spawn right only after xxx mobs (and that number wont be crazy high) - im sure people will grind for it and will be THERE when boss spawns...

P.S. Reward for 1st boss mission is really really low compared how hard to get all 6 boss. How about second one? Killing 10 Dread boss will take YEARs, if reward is same low - what the point?!

Based on your feedback I've removed the random timer, they will now spawn after xxxx kills.

Based on your feedback I've removed the random timer, they will now spawn after xxxx kills.

I'd find this idea a nice one ONLY IF the required kill number change each time for each boss, having a static number required would not change much to the current situation, tracking would still exist.. once the numbers of kills figured out.
hulk mention XXX kills, you reply by XXXX kills so atleast 1k kills is on your mind. Experienced cave people know how long it takes for a whole spawn to respawn, how long it takes for the fast spawner to respawn also. math are easily done.
Yes to a number of kills to make it spawn but make the required number change for each boss batch.

Variable are always welcome.

Have a good day.

I've changed the trash re-spawn timers so that you can essentially be a full team in a room and grind non-stop, that makes it pretty hard for an outside observer to predict a spawn time.

I've changed the trash re-spawn timers so that you can essentially be a full team in a room and grind non-stop, that makes it pretty hard for an outside observer to predict a spawn time.

Thumb up, When can we expect all these changement to take effect?

Just don't make that number very high.
if it is over 1000 kills (xxxx) I doubt that people won't complain a lot.

Okey, now people will be interested in hunting. However xxxx is up to 9999 mobs? On brood of all it is up to 100 000 ped spend? That is "little" too much :scratch2:

Idea of places like that should be to make people to hunt hard to complete some X quest, then they should be able to get some advantage from grinding there. Right?

Just don't make that number very high.
if it is over 1000 kills (xxxx) I doubt that people won't complain a lot.

I think same. On different cave mobs should be different numbers, based on HP and lvl. I think that 10 000 ped spent should give you a boss. That way people will know they can spawn boss, loot bone and can complete adj/imp/mod platings sets.

P.S. For all haters - no, im not trying to make MA to do better place for myself. Im trying to make better place for everyone. At same time to make better life for MA*

*more people hunting - better loot for everyone...

Last edited:
kim,also get rid of the pk thne in the brood off all cave,it would suck immensely to kill brood off all for a long time only to ge pk-ed and killstealed by a couple players in team afkawaiting

Back