Anyone know what a robot amplifier is used for ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I loot one and just wondering as it is a UL item
TIA

It's been around since at least 2006.

No known use in all that time, according to Entropedia.

Use Bob the Builder.....

Orca Arm Guards (L) Blueprint (L)

http://www.candyman.se/pe/bobthebuilder/v2/

Interestingly Entropedia shows the material requirements for that bp as:
1 x Robot Power Amplifier

as opposed to bobthebuilder's"
1 x Robot Amplifier

While the name is similar, it's not the same item.
And I noted that every other Orca L bp listed on both Entropedia and bobthebuilders (gloves, foots etc etc) uses Robot Power Amps, not Robot Amps

So I guessed the bobthebuilder site (excellent as it is) might just be mistaken on this occasion.

As I happen to have an Orca Arms L BP L, here's a pic:

Robot Power Amp, not Robot Amp.

I've reported it to candyman to fix.

Interestingly Entropedia shows the material requirements for that bp as:
1 x Robot Power Amplifier

as opposed to bobthebuilder's"
1 x Robot Amplifier

While the name is similar, it's not the same item.
And I noted that every other Orca L bp listed on both Entropedia and bobthebuilders (gloves, foots etc etc) uses Robot Power Amps, not Robot Amps

So I guessed the bobthebuilder site (excellent as it is) might just be mistaken on this occasion.

As I happen to have an Orca Arms L BP L, here's a pic:

Robot Power Amp, not Robot Amp.

I've reported it to candyman to fix.

Interesting site as you said and thanks for the info. I guess its just a prize. I am wondering though why it has a history in the auction showing a mark-up of plus 12.92 for the year with 15 sold and 411 sold for the decade at MU of 59.82. It must have been used for something at one time. It would be nice if you could find out just to satisfy my curiosity:).
Thanks again for the info and the reply.

Interesting site as you said and thanks for the info. I guess its just a prize. I am wondering though why it has a history in the auction showing a mark-up of plus 12.92 for the year with 15 sold and 411 sold for the decade at MU of 59.82. It must have been used for something at one time. It would be nice if you could find out just to satisfy my curiosity:).
Thanks again for the info and the reply.

Why would some player pay good markup for something that has no known use?

I can think of a few possible reasons:
  • they have an extremely rare bp (like the only one that's ever dropped), that has never been recorded on Entropedia,
  • they want to have a full 'collection' of robot parts (I recall Deathifier did this at one time)
  • they wanted to craft Orca Arms, and relied on incorrect information on bobthebuilder when purchasing materials
  • they mistakenly bought Robot Amps instead of Robot Power Amps for crafting, due to the similarity of name
  • after the first one sold on auction, some noob trader saw others 'cheap', and bought them hoping to make a killing...

There's always been loot items that have no use whatsoever. Quite a few of them drop from robot-type mobs:
Robot Capacitor
Robot Comlink
Robot Converter
Robot Energy Module
Robot Power Generator
Robot Quantum Box
Robot Radiator
etc

Why would some player pay good markup for something that has no known use?

I can think of a few possible reasons:
  • they have an extremely rare bp (like the only one that's ever dropped), that has never been recorded on Entropedia,
  • they want to have a full 'collection' of robot parts (I recall Deathifier did this at one time)
  • they wanted to craft Orca Arms, and relied on incorrect information on bobthebuilder when purchasing materials
  • they mistakenly bought Robot Amps instead of Robot Power Amps for crafting, due to the similarity of name
  • after the first one sold on auction, some noob trader saw others 'cheap', and bought them hoping to make a killing...

There's always been loot items that have no use whatsoever. Quite a few of them drop from robot-type mobs:
Robot Capacitor
Robot Comlink
Robot Converter
Robot Energy Module
Robot Power Generator
Robot Quantum Box
Robot Radiator
etc

Maybe but at +59.82 that would make the cost of a full TT one almost 100 ped. That's a lot of ped to spend on the hope of them going up and 411 of them sold, that's 41K ped. I would be more inclined to the idea of an obscure (L) BP or several (L) BPs where the item is no longer available and the (L) BP(s) was used up.

Although doubtful maybe several or all of the above robot items were going to be used to create a new robot MOB for an LA or planet (like DNA samples) but MA never finished the plan to implement the MOB but the items remained for whatever reason.

I was really hoping that some one would ring in that had used them or at least knows the story. My curiosity is very high:).

Too bad someone from MA doesn't give us some answers because someone there knows for sure and I don't think they would create these items, particularly an UL item with a full TT value of 40 ped, for no reason. My item has a value of just over 12 ped which even furthers my curiosity.

The Egg had no value until MA gave it one yet it was sold a few times for very large amounts of ped.:D

Does it look neat when placed on the ground?

It's not my type of thing, but there're decorations like tables, fireplaces, and art work, that sell for more than 150 PED - and they're usually UL and repairable. Not everything with value has a functional use,

Does it look neat when placed on the ground?

It's not my type of thing, but there're decorations like tables, fireplaces, and art work, that sell for more than 150 PED - and they're usually UL and repairable. Not everything with value has a functional use,

I think they do have functional use and its for décor. I have several of these items in my condo. But still they are not functional in terms of usage just to look at:).

Back