Question: Mining&Crafting Events

BaronNuss

Old Alpha
Society
Art of Mining
BaronNuss XXVII DepositFinder
Hello MindArk/Calypso-Team,

(I hope you read this)

Why arent there some real events for those 2 professions, I can understand it´s maybe easier to make hunting events and offer proper prizes for em but it´s not impossible to do that for mining, crafting too.

The excuse there´s no way to do that, no kind of satisfying prize isnt acceptable for me.

We had robo-events in the past where the main professions were all involved and "recently" also that introduction of EMine-items, smth for us diggers.

I guess the amount of hunters outnumbers the rest so it makes at least sense for you devs to please that part as it´s most likely the majority, I can understand that.

Sometimes a statement from a Dev would be appreciated in that kind of threads, so I can finally bury my hopes or go crazy cause Dev actually says it´s coming soon.

Greetings

A little miner (and part-time crafter)

:hug:

they have dropped cld's in mining & crafting, I can't see why they could not make more events for these profs. As you said more people hunt, but that should not stop them from providing more events for the others.

Just a little reminder ;)

Thanks but i think NO

I agree. There should be some function for people in those professions to compete and participate in larger prizes.

There should be some more events for people in the other 2 major professions of the game, but there will not be any.
Hunting events are quite profitable, that's why they're up very frequently, mining and crafting events wouldn't make any particular difference and would not be as popular (small prizes due to low popularity and low profit for you know who) as hunting events (big prizes, big losses for people competing, and basically everyone winning the big prizes literally "buy" them with their losses), that's why MA don't want to bother with this sort of events.
If you're thinking about this sort of events, ask yourself (hypothetically):
Would I be OK with MA dropping 20 CLD's a day (as an example) and the average mining/crafting return would suck even more? (Yes, you'd "have" the chance to get a CLD but is it worth the crappy return?)
How would MA pull off such events to be fair to the people participating and people that don't want to participate em?

Back