Possible Recent Mining Changes

dr3w,

Just playing a little connecting the dots here. Harmless fun...so hope you don't mind. :laugh:

(People can see whatever they choose to see and believe whatever they chose to believe. But whether its true or not....its up to you yourself to determine and decide.)

* Disclaimer: I do not believe nor renounce the existence of mining veins. Just that....whether they exist or not...does not affect my returns in anyway whatsoever. So, does it matter? Whether they exist or not? :tongue2:

dr3w,

Just playing a little connecting the dots here. Harmless fun...so hope you don't mind. :laugh:

Thank you for spoiling to the masses real mining system - "MINING CONSTELLATIONS".

-REP (sadsmile.jpg)

dr3w,

(People can see whatever they choose to see and believe whatever they chose to believe. But whether its true or not....its up to you yourself to determine and decide.)

* Disclaimer: I do not believe nor renounce the existence of mining veins. Just that....whether they exist or not...does not affect my returns in anyway whatsoever. So, does it matter? Whether they exist or not? :tongue2:

You should see my main arena map :)

nice to see people are having fun of what i said :silly2:

but Drew is this a map of 1 run? seems not. seems its a claim map for at least a few runs

I didnt have to mine a lot these days to clearly see that claims are near from eachothers, often in "lines" or circles with huge NRF areas between them.

But, ehm, could be wrong of course, i just find it cheap to put this map in my face, it doesn't mean anything.

and by "veins" I didnt mean its always 10 claims in them, sometimes its only 2 claims, and if you are in an overmined area maybe people broke them thats why i said easier to see it on eudoria..
but anyways I don't care if you take me for a fool :)

nice to see people are having fun of what i said :silly2:

but Drew is this a map of 1 run? seems not. seems its a claim map for at least a few runs

I didnt have to mine a lot these days to clearly see that claims are near from eachothers, often in "lines" or circles with huge NRF areas between them.

But, ehm, could be wrong of course, i just find it cheap to put this map in my face, it doesn't mean anything.

and by "veins" I didnt mean its always 10 claims in them, sometimes its only 2 claims, and if you are in an overmined area maybe people broke them thats why i said easier to see it on eudoria..
but anyways I don't care if you take me for a fool :)

Nah, I mostly trying to have fun out of boredom, don't take it personally.

It's nice, when people "see" something, I did the same when I started some years ago. Doesn't matter, wrong you are or not - TT return is the same long term.

All "magic" disappears when you starting to go hardcore, tracking your runs and see those numbers.

All "magic" disappears when you starting to go hardcore, tracking your runs and see those numbers.

and I can't agree more, thats why I never go to far in tracking my results and im always looking for short term "methods" to at least break even, its really hard, but the magic is still "a bit" here

Yes, I also see them VEINS, unfortunately I get no claims in them.

Back to the topic, I did get a feeling of a change lately. Just a wild guess here: there are 2 variables in the mining loot system, one set to 70-75% or whatever and the second one building up for hofs.

yes, a few month ago claim distribution changed. now I get ~70% tt-return (only counting charges as cost) with the lowest two claim classes (eg. ~ V and VII/VIII when using level 5 amp).

Cheers,
Phymorra

in short

in short = have stopped mining ... till MA announces changes to mining ... HYIPes over internet are paying better than MA in mining ... lol

Change it how?

There are two Groups of people; one who hates "swings", and one who hates "boring runs"...

Currently there are HUGE SWINGS with almost all runs being BORING and average TT return is lower than it should be. So neither group is happy. I would say there are not more than a few miners who like the current system excepting the few who got a very recent big hof :p.

I wish they would just make it the way it used to be prior to january of last year... you could usually count on 2-3 globals per 1k drops and after 5k spent your average is almost always close to 95% TT return. Average without globals would be about 75-85% TT return. Why is that so hard?

Last edited:
After 3 weeks of heavy mining and intense log keeping I feel safe saying that the mining system has indeed been altered.

Mining prior to the end of January = 85-95% achieved every 2k-2.5k drops at the worst. (i have logs to prove this).

Break for the month of February.... Resume mining at the beginning of March.
-Results: Mining felt different to me than it had felt before my one-month break so I decided to invest a hefty amount of ped and grind it out to see if it had indeed changed. After spending roughly 19k in TT and receiving 14k back in TT return over the course of approximately 9k drops I can finally assume that mining was altered.

** Some may not see 9k drops as large enough of a sample, but I'm referring to short term/ mid term returns... I'm sure the system is still designed to return 90% over the long run.

It seems that the swings have been made larger, but with smaller 100-200 ped *filler glboals* every now and then to help push the runs on.
My records seem to show me that TT return without the *filler globals* is roughly 65%... and roughly 75% with them. So that leaves roughly 15% TT to be accounted for. This is where I have noticed the differences in HOFs on the hof board. In january the largest hofs on the board from time to time were 4-5k.. with the minimum hof requirement being 80-90 ped... Now we see 6k+ hofs every single day and a minimum 130 ped to be on the hof board on average.

The extra 15% TT seems to be tied to these larger hofs. The question is how long do we have to mine to get the larger hofs?

I'm used to pumping in my 2.5k drops and getting 1-2 400+ hofs reaching my 90% tt return. This seems to not be the case anymore. Considering all of my runs were done with lvl 2 amps on the f-105/emine fs, receiving lower than 75% TT return is rather alarming to me.

At this point I'm sort of at a loss of what to do. I'd hate to give up mining but not being able to break 80% return on 9000 drops (ore only) with a lvl 2 amp seems a bit ridiculous to me.

Back