Is the sky falling? WHY ARE ESI OVER 1000MU%

artixtn

Provider
Ton Vex Huynh
Is the sky really falling? 1000%Mu for the lowest TT of a ESI? Are my own eyes deceiving me? Are people really quitting? Thoughts?

Really Vex? You went there with this?

Could be simply an increased number of people selling and buying skills for XX reason... Or ESI drop rate having gotten lower... or less people hunting mobs that drop a lot of ESI... or...

Impossible to draw any conclusions from simply the ESI markup, really :dunno:

think there was another recent thread about this, they just weren't dropping as much on average. Not a huge increase in people chipping out :/

And I don't think the sky is falling at all, quite the opposite in fact.

ESIs... didn't those use to drop in loot once upon a time? :laugh:

Is the sky really falling? 1000%Mu for the lowest TT of a ESI? Are my own eyes deceiving me? Are people really quitting? Thoughts?

Wait, something has a great markup? And this is a bad thing how? :scratch2:

The correct course of action is simple: Sell ESIs. When skills get too cheap, buy those. When they go back up, sell.

Turnover is a fraction of it used to be. Possible explanations (somehow connected):

-drop rate is less
-someone is buying outside auction
-big esis drop instead small esis and are pushed outside auction

Yes , all people are chipping out, and selling their skills before they leave to people stepping up their game...

oh wait, thats actually a normal cycle , no skies falling today.

simple...hardcore hunters stop hunting:p..and this is becouse ..well..are many reasons

2012-06-09-sky-is-falling.gif

they just stopped drop

Yea... and being as that ESIs are fixed in the loot pool.. the people selling loads of small ESIs are only hoarding them. Once people start consuming the ESIs, they will drop again. Fixed supply stuff like this is easily manipulable.

Also find it ironic that someone quitting is making a sky is falling post.

Stealing the pic above.

If people weren't buying the skills that are being put on chips for a higher % than they were when ESIs were cheaper, then they sure wouldn't be paying 1000% to put skills on them.

I have always rarely looted ESI's, so no difference for me.

Think in 7 years I've only ever looted 5 or 6 solo.

The skies not falling, it was a piece of "metal" from my spaceship. Sorry about that! :ahh: Note to self, fix space ship, or not miss the person I was aiming for! :rolleyes:

ESI is just a piece of the picture.... The storm is just a squall in the bay....

they just stopped drop

Just and just, my feeling is that they haven't dropped in regular loots for a pretty long time, but that a few (huge?) ones dropped from the boss mobs. For me it feels like over six months last ESI loot (ie I can't remember when I last looted one).

From what I've experienced, space is the place to hunt for ESI's.

MA change the system. Players need to adapt.

So why are people wanting me to c the latest James Bond movie, Skyfall?

How does this work... "chipping out", I tough you could only "chip in"... or so I was told :cool:

From what I've experienced, space is the place to hunt for ESI's.

I didn't get any ESI from the (few) mobs I've hunted in space, so I can't say they're falling from the sky there either. :lol:

May be they're trying to limit the impact of people MS repair skilling.

If ESI price is high, then skill implant prices are even higher..
Which all means that some ppl as BUYING skills and chipping in. Otherwise the market would be flodded with cheap skill implants (ppl undercutting each other)

ESIs are still dropping (atm Star is hunting Aranes T5, and just got 15.6ped esi in non global, also friend got one from S2 arane yesterday)

The big problem is not the ESI price

The problem is with retard players who buys ESI at 1000% and then sell skill at 1200% or even lower

Math:

13.33 PED ESi at 1000% = 134 PED
Skill Implant after extraction (10%) loss = 12 Ped implant

Sell skill implant on AH for 1200% = 144 Ped price - 6.56 AH Fee = 3.44 Ped profit

So when you buy an 13.33 ped ESi for 1000% and sell skill implant for 1200% you almost get nothing, 35% of skill TT

So..STOP being stupid

So..STOP being stupid

But...but....but they got 200% more !!!! (before taxes :) )

But yeah - you're right. Sadly, some common skills cannot sell much above ESI MU.

The theory "what comes out has to go in" does not hold water if people with enough peds to afford ESI's are chipping out anyway, list the skills, but chips are not sold.

Cannot checked in game the amount of skill sold lately - the graphs are up, or down, for few select sales like anatomy, LWT, evade or first aid?

On EL charts, data does not seems reliable (no succesfull sales of ESI since 12 Jan?)

May be they're trying to limit the impact of people MS repair skilling.

The big "fix" for that was when they removed the 0.0-skilling. Another thing is probably that probably/hopefully a lot of people who do MS repair skilling does it to be able to use and max RK-20.

if anything it means the oppiste

if no one was buying skills or esi's then the MU would drop :)

Trox loot a lot esi, but since ppl don't hunt much trox, they get more rare at the market.

Trox loot a lot esi, but since ppl don't hunt much trox, they get more rare at the market.

So to sum out, best chance for ESI is currently
- Space (which mobs?)
- Atrox
- Mayhem (which mob? spiders?)

Back