WoF Input Thread.

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hello all. The details of the new and improved WoF will be posted as soon as they are finalized, but for now, if anyone has an idea of what mobs they'd like to see in the WoF (Calypso-only) then post them here. Don't be afraid to ask for stuff that might not exist yet; if you want bigger-than-normal Mermoths or the return of massed Calamusoids, let me know.

ALSO post the ones you DON'T wanna hunt (although a few of these may turn up anyhow;)

Suggestions for rules will be read and considered but with the major changes going on anyway (as I said, news to come) it'd be hard to improve on what we have; also it would be hard to suggest changes to what is, at the moment, an unknown set of new rules.

Thanks for any input:)

Hurrikane

Hello all. The details of the new and improved WoF will be posted as soon as they are finalized, but for now, if anyone has an idea of what mobs they'd like to see in the WoF (Calypso-only) then post them here. Don't be afraid to ask for stuff that might not exist yet; if you want bigger-than-normal Mermoths or the return of massed Calamusoids, let me know.

ALSO post the ones you DON'T wanna hunt (although a few of these may turn up anyhow;)

Suggestions for rules will be read and considered but with the major changes going on anyway (as I said, news to come) it'd be hard to improve on what we have; also it would be hard to suggest changes to what is, at the moment, an unknown set of new rules.

Thanks for any input:)

Hurrikane

I think since we just celebrated 10 years of PE, we should embrace all the creatures that have survived the whole time (or majority of it). That being said, it should be all the classical creatures such as Atrox, armax, gokibusagi, daikiba, etc.

Besides that, I would like to see falx, kingfisher, SEGs, and malcruentor on the list :D

Edit: Oh, and formicacidas as well.

Leviathan

Araneatrox

Itumatrox

Feffox

Last edited:
More of this please :)

Saturday March 29th 2008:

England 304 - Wales 336

Stick to mobs that exist in normal spawns. Relying on specially created event spawns is the worst thing you ever did in WoF. Second worst was having prizes other than the jackets.

I agree with Oleg

I suppose what comes mostly to mind is to try and lean towards mobs that generally pay.

Bringing in mobs eg., for the bonus, that that an enormous amount of peds can be spent on with slimmer chances of loot make it difficult to encourage and recruit players.

With a major part of the participants complaining about loot and the loss of quite a few ex woffers it will be an important part of WoF to reduce the possible costs of participants>

Jung

Stick to mobs that exist in normal spawns. Relying on specially created event spawns is the worst thing you ever did in WoF. Second worst was having prizes other than the jackets.

Can't always stick to existing spawns, there's too many rounds and not enough options. I'd say it has both worked and not worked, and there's ways to make it work better.

As for other prizes being a bad thing.... yes for some, no for others. Mindark have indicated they want to offer more rewards for taking part and I can't think of a good reason why I shouldn't welcome that.

Hurrikane

...With a major part of the participants complaining about loot and the loss of quite a few ex woffers it will be an important part of WoF to reduce the possible costs of participants>

Jung

as i recall the original Festival of Firepower was about "go hunting and screw the cost", in a world of eco cars jump in a V8 and have a burn. WoF is still in this spirit isnt it?

That said...

Can't always stick to existing spawns, there's too many rounds and not enough options.

the obvious way to reduce costs and making it more immediatly interesting is to reduce the number of rounds and shorten the event. it turned into a chore. make it short and snappy, focus on popular, well stocked mobs (with a few oddities for spice) and that spirit can return.

if anyone has an idea of what mobs they'd like to see in the WoF (Calypso-only)

Are mobs like aurli/kreltin and daspletor/cornoanteron considered Calypso-mobs?

I Think for historical reasons it would be fun to include them at least as an optional mob. Timewise travel *to* asteroid can be a problem for mainteam (can be solved by allowing main team members in the round not to have to be present at start or having a sponsor providing mothership transport with summon-up). Getting back fast from astroid fast is possible by paying the 7 ped fee. Unfortunately asteroid (cornoanterion/daspletor) might not work if the spawns are unreliable.

As for mobs I don't want to meet I'd have to say the bugs (probably a headache to hunt with the new hitboxes).

Are mobs like aurli/kreltin and daspletor/cornoanteron considered Calypso-mobs?

Personally I would include all mobs in Calypso solar system as calypso mobs. I know at the moment it's not an issue but at some stage in the future it will when space expands. Questions we may then have to ask may be like what about aurli,kreltin, robot homeworlds are they also calypso? Again I would say yes since they are all part and parcel of calypso lore.

Grand Formidon

Molisk Leader

Please: no Feffox

If you would add some maturity to those hogglos I would start hunting them, maybe Im alone with that oppinion but youngs dont satisfy me :)

If there is a bigger demand, im always open for a change ...
There is another land area with mid size maturity, but low demand it seems.
What maturity do you prefer ? How about Stalkers with 10k hitpoints and 500 damage ? :)

Will be interesting to see how the changes in global amounts effect the outcomes. Would be nice to see mobs like Caperon, Armax, Miner Bot or other seemingly less hunted mobs included.

Marcimex, Warlocks, Shinkiba, Primordial Longu

starving atrax allophyl highland :yay:

Will PK still be allowed this year?

wildman_killing_lars_wof.jpg

I like this list, but remove shinkiba and add Araneatrox and Flaxangius

I Think it's good if there is mobs that can be hunted at opalo-level.

The special thing with shinkiba is that it would probably be nice to have daikiba and shinkiba Count as one mob.

But of course, spiders is a given mob for wof! I don't mind falx either. Problem with falx though as a mainteam mob would be that there is no stable spawn of both high and low maturities, so maybe falx (any maturity) should be a mob for the toughest people in the support team.

I could add more mobs. One mob that I Think is fun for teamhunt is chomper (because of the size) and (at least in the past) possible to global on.

Another thing that needs to be thought of is the new globals below 50 ped, how they should Count.

Also some other classic mobs I haven't seen here is Gokibusagi and Neconu!!

I Think it's good if there is mobs that can be hunted at opalo-level.

Another thing that needs to be thought of is the new globals below 50 ped, how they should Count.

There will always be a full range of mobs to hunt in each round, that's always been the plan; something for everyone.

As for the low-ped globals, they count; the points are for the global, not the PED it carries.

Hurrikane

Araneatrox-Araneatrox-Araneatrox
Atrox-Atrax-Armax-Ambulmax
Argonaut-Rippersnapper-Foul

Would also rather have only Planet Calypso based creatures rather than travelling the whole universe.
Having the main team travel to the asteroid or space station, sounds Ok, but I think it is rather a pain because they lose the time they travel (and on main team no risks should be taken...just imagine someone crashing while in transit and respawning on planet or god knows where)

Except maybe when the whole round is taking place on the asteroid and free transfer is provided.

And for bonus mobs...some absolutely unbelievable hard ones like all little birdies :D

Would also rather have only Planet Calypso based creatures rather than travelling the whole universe.
Having the main team travel to the asteroid or space station, sounds Ok, but I think it is rather a pain because they lose the time they travel (and on main team no risks should be taken...just imagine someone crashing while in transit and respawning on planet or god knows where)

Except maybe when the whole round is taking place on the asteroid and free transfer is provided.

And for bonus mobs...some absolutely unbelievable hard ones like all little birdies :D

One of the main things Mindark told me from the start was that the WoF would be a Calypso-only event. Whether other WoFs spring up on the more successful other planets in later years, for now the WoF stays put. I don't expect to use the Asteroid or Space Station.

Hurrikane

Back