Help: F-105 or F-106 or TK120

Alfadur

Alpha
Howdy miners, a small intro: I'm turning into mining more seriously now, but still a noob 15 prospector here.

My question is which finder to pick.

- F-105: nice and cheap (depth 522.4)
- F-106: need to put some peds on it, but offers a better decay (depth 582.1)
- TK120: deeper finder for my skills (depth 701.5)

Passed the last hours jumping between entropedia and calypso forum and still can't decide myself.

Well I'm a grind player, like steady and kind of "predictable" results.

As so I'm tempted to put some peds on the F-106.
But the higher depth is also tempting.

Which to pick in you opinion?

if you like steady and kind of "predictable" results. mining is likely not for you.

depends on what ores/enmatters in which areas you are trying to find

Howdy miners, a small intro: I'm turning into mining more seriously now, but still a noob 15 prospector here.

My question is which finder to pick.

- F-105: nice and cheap (depth 522.4)
- F-106: need to put some peds on it, but offers a better decay (depth 582.1)
- TK120: deeper finder for my skills (depth 701.5)

Passed the last hours jumping between entropedia and calypso forum and still can't decide myself.

Well I'm a grind player, like steady and kind of "predictable" results.

As so I'm tempted to put some peds on the F-106.
But the higher depth is also tempting.

Which to pick in you opinion?

Ive enjoyed my F106 much more than my F105 and found runs to be better too (no stats to back it up though)

depends on what ores/enmatters in which areas you are trying to find

this.

I found tridenite with F-106 once, no depth enhancer. And for zan, xere, many times. This is better than F105 imo.

for tk120, not too much experience on it. I skilled with F105 till I maxed out tk220 few yrs ago when we still had ore finders and enmatter finders separately.

if I mine on FOMA or HELL or monria, I just grab any finders I got. All you need over there is just something that could release probes and luck :p

Been using the f-106 for the last couple of years, had fine results until they fucked up the mining return.
I think f106 is the most eco alternative there is, if you plan on staying for a long while in eu I'd recommand f-106

I don't mine a lot but I suppose an advantage to a F106 vs an (L) Finder is the ability to use Depth Enhancers for when you need to look deeper.

Cheers everyone for posting.

I am really tempted for the 106.
But thing is that in previous investments I did, I got burned.
As the item devaluted alot, specially due to the "dynamic" thing.

I fear getting hited on this one too. :eyecrazy:

Cheers everyone for posting.

I am really tempted for the 106.
But thing is that in previous investments I did, I got burned.
As the item devaluted alot, specially due to the "dynamic" thing.

I fear getting hited on this one too. :eyecrazy:
F-106 uses 5 Dunkel Plastix per click to craft. Its value will only go down if another, "better" UL finder is introduced. It's not impossible, but it seems a lot less likely than new weapons.

what about MD-50?

Ok after more searching.

What about MD-50?
Not deep enough? Any thoughts?

Always use the finder which squeeze the most markup out of your choosen areas, and yes one finder for all areas is most likely not enough....

MD-50 is lower decay but also only 54m range instead of 55m, along with less depth than other finders mentioned so I think it's an overpriced underpowered finder.

F-212(L) should be seriously considered. I don't know the availability of the finder as I've not used it for a while and no access to auction with game offline atm. But it has a bit more depth than f-106 (592 v 582.1), has the 55m range and lower decay than f-106 (1.343 v 1.799) so even with a bit of markup it's gonna be cheaper to use.

The decay data for tk-120 in wiki doesn't look right. Looking at other finders in ziplex range I'd say the decay should be double the 1.803 marked in wiki. If I'm right then that's a bit too much to pay for the additional depth over the F-212.

If you like to amp then look at the DSEC seeker L12(L). You may not max it yet but is still worth looking at for the near future. It has less depth than other finders mentioned but it also drops 150% probes, so it's like having a level 1 amp on energy and a level 2 amp on ores. Decay is similar to standard ziplex finders of similar depth.

My advise (assuming they're available at reasonable price) is to use F-212(L) as your main finder, with the DSEC L12(L), if you like to amp a little, in areas that don't have rare ores. Stick to this combination until you can use the DSEC seeker L30(L) that is totally overpowered compared to other 'boost' finders (55m range, 200% probes dropped, 820.9 depth and a decay of 3.96 which is same decay as ziplex TK220)

MD-50 is lower decay but also only 54m range instead of 55m, along with less depth than other finders mentioned so I think it's an overpriced underpowered finder.

F-212(L) should be seriously considered. I don't know the availability of the finder as I've not used it for a while and no access to auction with game offline atm. But it has a bit more depth than f-106 (592 v 582.1), has the 55m range and lower decay than f-106 (1.343 v 1.799) so even with a bit of markup it's gonna be cheaper to use.

The decay data for tk-120 in wiki doesn't look right. Looking at other finders in ziplex range I'd say the decay should be double the 1.803 marked in wiki. If I'm right then that's a bit too much to pay for the additional depth over the F-212.

If you like to amp then look at the DSEC seeker L12(L). You may not max it yet but is still worth looking at for the near future. It has less depth than other finders mentioned but it also drops 150% probes, so it's like having a level 1 amp on energy and a level 2 amp on ores. Decay is similar to standard ziplex finders of similar depth.

My advise (assuming they're available at reasonable price) is to use F-212(L) as your main finder, with the DSEC L12(L), if you like to amp a little, in areas that don't have rare ores. Stick to this combination until you can use the DSEC seeker L30(L) that is totally overpowered compared to other 'boost' finders (55m range, 200% probes dropped, 820.9 depth and a decay of 3.96 which is same decay as ziplex TK220)

Nice post, infact didn't looked for the DSEC finders.
I'll take a look at them as soon I can log.

about this "The decay data for tk-120 in wiki doesn't look right", did the fruit test and can confirm that Entropedia is right.

Nevertheless I always enjoyed to play UL when used to hunt, even at cost of more decay for the same task.
So basically my hesitation is UL or more depth.

Yet the DSEC seems a good opinion indeed.

Last edited:
Back