March 18 update postponed

Tepes

Old Alpha
Banned
Society
Freelancer
Vlad Rookie Tepes
Probably this post fit better into another category, but I cannot get a "New Post" button there

As seen on EU facebook page

Entropia Version Update postponed

We've found a few annoying bugs in the release that were scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday March 18, and are therefore forced to postpone the VU for at least one day.

Probably this post fit better into another category, but I cannot get a "New Post" button there

As seen on EU facebook page

Thats a good sign, MA is actually fixing bugs. Plus it sounds like some new things are coming :)

Yes - better to fix things ahead rather than messing up the game for a week.

Yes, always better to fix things first. the more bugs and new content, the more difficult to fix things (old bugs).

there's a few things that come to mind:

1. they actually perform tests
2. they found bugs
3. they communicate this upfront
4. they are trying to solve

sounds like progress to Crone

MA knows what reason for postponing sounds the best :yup:

That & how to write cryptic, nowhere in the post is anything stated about fixing those bugs.. they just might remove the affected content :D

Thats a good sign, MA is actually fixing bugs. Plus it sounds like some new things are coming :)

hopefully but i dunno, there were plenty of new weird bugs with the last even when there was not new content in places

I wish they would postpone it till next week tho when Im off work :tongue2:

The new Social UI will be good but what I want to see the most is unlimited melee amps

I dont see why this is worthy of its own thread. Oh wait, yeah I do. Since we will be unable to complain about MA introducing bugs with this update for at least 24 hours, we should complain about them fixing bugs instead.

I dont see why this is worthy of its own thread.

Because players were told that there would be a VU on a certain date, and now that date is postponed.

It is very common for players to schedule certain activities based on when servers are or are not online, and when VUs have and have not taken place.

Therefor a thread letting the players know that it will be delayed is very much worthy of itself.

(or are you just trolling?)

(or are you just trolling?)

I like how whenever someone criticizes the community its consider trolling. But when someone criticizes the Developer it is considered "a worthy subject."

I'm not trolling. A 'troll' does not actually believe what they are saying. They are just saying something to get a rise out of someone else. I actually believe that this community has its priorities completely backwards, and is so blinded by greed and malice that they can't see the forest for the trees.

I am however pointing out that this community has its head up its ass.

So what if the players had something planned. The developers did too. Things got delayed on both sides. This topic is ridiculous, and you know it.

Do with that what you will.

Last edited:
I like how whenever someone criticizes the community its consider trolling. But when someone criticizes the Developer it is considered "a worthy subject."

I'm not trolling. I am however pointing out that this community has its head up its ass.

So what if the players had something planned. The developers did too. Things got delayed on both sides. This topic is ridiculous, and you know it.

The thread is to let us know that the VU is delayed. (bertha did not post it, thus a player had to)
Your whining about whining has nothing to do with rather the OP deserves its own thread.

edit:
(my team and I will be playing/cycling much differently tonight than we would have without this thread, and so I feel it was beneficial and helpful)

The thread is to let us know that the VU is delayed. (bertha did not post it, thus a player had to)
Your whining about whining has nothing to do with rather the OP deserves its own thread.

edit:
(my team and I will be playing/cycling much differently tonight than we would have without this thread, and so I feel it was beneficial and helpful)

Is there something wrong with my display? I dont see Bertha's post at the top of this. I see Tepes.

If I'm missing Bertha's post then I stand corrected.

I'm not trolling. A 'troll' does not actually believe what they are saying. They are just saying something to get a rise out of someone else. I actually believe that this community has its priorities completely backwards, and is so blinded by greed and malice that they can't see the forest for the trees.

This is not whining, hard to whine with head in my ass.

Its a great news that they postponed it, now I have more time to see all teasers and read PP upcoming VU preview together with questions and answers.

However this could be trolling as I don't believe to be able to find any Caly PP preview.

Good call to postphone the VU if they found bugs in it, but why tell us only at facebook?

Good call to postphone the VU if they found bugs in it, but why tell us only at facebook?

FB is a huge socialnetwork-thingy with great potential opportunities for marketing, promoting etc...
Probably they want to get massively connected there.
It's a great idea :):yay:

FB is a huge socialnetwork-thingy with great potential (marketing, promoting etc) Probably they want to get massively connected there. It's a great idea :):yay:

Not everyone likes to provide the "data centre" with more information. FB is a stain on the earth and I for one can't wait for the fad to pass like all the previous versions(myspace) have in the past.

EU should be putting information on their site and on the forums, but we all know how that goes.

Not everyone likes to provide the "data centre" with more information. FB is a stain on the earth and I for one can't wait for the fad to pass like all the previous versions(myspace) have in the past.

EU should be putting information on their site and on the forums, but we all know how that goes.

Lol.. funny.. another guy made an thread about wondering what Mindark is doing to promote/marketing.
And now you complain about this...

Another one will start complaining soon that he doesnt like to visit EU forum cause of the drama...

Who knows what is happening with your info on the forum.. bla bla

Then the next one... bla bla bla.. *People always find a way to whine* .. bla bla bla

Hereby i inform you that it's not required to have a FB-account to visit their facebook page :wise:

Last edited:
I guess someone implemented "Good loot" again and this was considered a bug.

Now they try to fix it and make it bad, so they earn money instead of losing it :p

/troll mode off

One more day without doing anything so i can save my peds to waste it either on Toulan or on Ark...
Still stupid that they ONLY posted it to FB and no News Bot could fetch that post.

FB is a huge socialnetwork-thingy with great potential opportunities for marketing, promoting etc...

I am familiar with FB to m8 ;)
I dont mind they put info about EU on FB, but it shouldent be there main info place.
First of all they should use the client loader for that, second a forum that is used of most members like this one.
Cheers

Good sign indeed. Annoying, but a good sign nevertheless.

I dont see why this is worthy of its own thread.

Thank you for your comment. You AGAIN manage to get into personal attack with fellow forum members even on an informative thread. No overtly deletion request? Last time you cared to enlighten us with what you consider and what not is worthy of our attention you managed to derail that topic into the ground,

Which was exactly what my post was about, an informative thread. Lot's of people are anxious before major upgrades, some are preparing to log in the very moment after VUs for the discoveries and such.

Nothing was officially announced on this forum at that time.

I dont have face book or twiter and do not read that and newer will.
Im sure that MA have my e-mail if they have something important to comunicate and it cant be displayed with client.
Nice that Tepes posted it here so it can be read also by those who do not belong to the MA target group.

I guess someone implemented "Good loot" again and this was considered a bug.

Now they try to fix it and make it bad, so they earn money instead of losing it :p

Testing dude hunted all day without looting wool. What he hunted ? - quads in space or maybe drones at caly or it was realy "Good loot" with some annoyances?

no_wool.gif

I dont have face book or twiter and do not read that and newer will.
Im sure that MA have my e-mail if they have something important to comunicate and it cant be displayed with client.
Nice that Tepes posted it here so it can be read also by those who do not belong to the MA target group.

Neither do I :)

But saw a link in another thread pointing to Arkadia forum and went directly to the source. FB is not the best way to communicate with a good part of EU players (especially the not-so-young-ones), the EU client is - if they splash a big fat red warning, as I tend to miss the regular text...

Facebook should not be used for updates. If not for this thread I would have never known about it.

I do have a fb account but would link entropia to it (would be too embarrassed) so how many people use fb for EU updates? why isnt this info on the entropia website? :scratch2:

Back