Entropia Universe 14.6 Release Notes

80% of a company's business comes from 20% of it's customers. I'm sure for MA that 20% is included in GC holders. Most companies make that 20% the priority but not here. Then they wonder what they can do to increase activity from avas that take breaks and stop depositing. I also am very angry. Too angry in fact to write to support. They are not the ones who should be taking the abuse my fingers could type right now. I only hope the CEO is pitching a fit over this GC issue as much as I am.

Oh come on guys, can't you wait a bit with selling off your nice gear? I want to get some underground deeds first.

My first impression is that this interface is based on IRC
Woot

Got this impression while reading the notes. As someone who uses IRC for 2 decades, I like it.

So is there a way in IRC to turn OFF channels? Thats not in the release notes and is my most used feature. I Don't want to read chatter from rookies or local or trade.

So is there a way in IRC to turn OFF channels? Thats not in the release notes and is my most used feature. I Don't want to read chatter from rookies or local or trade.

Right click the tab name and select the channels you want to see in that tab.
Or click "New Tab" after right click to create a new chat tab with different filters.

Right click the tab name and select the channels you want to see in that tab.
Or click "New Tab" after right click to create a new chat tab with different filters.

Good to know, will try that when I can enter the game with my GoldCard :scratch2:

There are two default tabs, Main and System, which cannot be removed from the main chat window and have some restrictions on channel management.

Apparently everything else but Main and System can be removed.

Hm, I am ok with technical issues and not being able to play for some time, hell issues are normal.

But what drives me crazy is the fact the loot is being added with updates, and usually when we talk about new items they are in fact discovered quickly after the update is done. So people with jobs, slower internet connection or now people with freaking gold cards are screwed from the joy of discovering those!

This was what drove me crazy with SGA event, every time they did update, BAM set of new items discovered.. And it made it clear you were just not able to loot them at all, until the update occured...

But blah, I am not that bothered anymore, I learned to keep the expectations low in this game. So I am not anymore hunting the non-realistic dreams, but rather play with my mind set in the way I will never loot anything :D

Hm, I am ok with technical issues and not being able to play for some time, hell issues are normal.

But what drives me crazy is the fact the loot is being added with updates, and usually when we talk about new items they are in fact discovered quickly after the update is done. So people with jobs, slower internet connection or now people with freaking gold cards are screwed from the joy of discovering those!

This was what drove me crazy with SGA event, every time they did update, BAM set of new items discovered.. And it made it clear you were just not able to loot them at all, until the update occured...

But blah, I am not that bothered anymore, I learned to keep the expectations low in this game. So I am not anymore hunting the non-realistic dreams, but rather play with my mind set in the way I will never loot anything :D

My prob is really not with the tech issue. Shit happens. Rather the fact that they still put out the VU and opend it up for everyone that do not protect themselfs well nough. MA encourages us to get a GC which makes it feel like well a butt fuck :p.

But as always when MA is involved its my own fault for not lubing first.

Yes you are, and that's why you post :silly2:

But as always when MA is involved its my own fault for not lubing first.

LMAO, couldnt have explained it better!!!

No UL item discovery as of yet, dont worry

So, is this VU just about the social interface or are there other new things introduced that have not been mentioned?BTW, since I'm one of the GC users, I can't log on to find out for myself so I ask here :) Putting a positive spin on the GC issue, I'm missing experiencing all the post VU bugs as well :)

Anyone who has been around for any length of time realizes that MA have always and will always operate in the same manner. The moron(s) who sit at the head of the boardroom table have an extremely narrow focus when it comes to building systems and operating Entropia in a way that will satisfy the users. Anyone with a gold card is likely so invested in and involved in Entropia that they will continue to play irregardless of the the frequent and on-going issues.

This new issue, though minor for me, will result in the frustration and possible loss of a few members who feel that they are being cheated by the bonehead company that runs the show. My only expectation from MA is that they will continue to take what started out as a brilliant idea and fuck it up, resulting in failed promises, fewer and fewer active participants, lowered expectations and ridiculous loot returns.

Eventually, MA will run the whole thing into the ground, or it will continue to run without any new development, floating around in cyberspace like Next Island, deserted, unimportant and hopelessly lonely.

chat sucks pm get lost in some kind of whisper thing WTF? cant figure out how to answer pms and the notes offer not real answer to the issue

They shouldnt fcking release the update it if they didnt fix the goldcard issue, damn morons.

UNBELIVABLE even MA that they gone live with new VU when senior players are unable log in , we must be mad put up with being treated so baddly

almost 24 hours still cant log in , total incompetence .

shame on you MA

Bloody stupid update!!! Why do we have to delete our messages after we hit enter before we can type in another message!!!

And HOW do we stop those goddam Global message popup bullshit things that appear above the chat window!!! It drives me nuts watching that crap and if I want to turn it off then I bloody well should be able to!!!

Fuck this, time to sellup as soon as the GC issue is resolved! Mindark seems to be still run by morons that don't frikken play therefore have no fekking idea what the hell they are doing!!!

UNBELIVABLE even MA that they gone live with new VU when senior players are unable log in , we must be mad put up with being treated so baddly

almost 24 hours still cant log in , total incompetence .

shame on you MA

Dear MA, pls initiate a withdrawl of the stack of peds I putted away in storage.. (yes, ALL OF THEM)
ty!

Bloody stupid update!!! Why do we have to delete our messages after we hit enter before we can type in another message!!!

And HOW do we stop those goddam Global message popup bullshit things that appear above the chat window!!! It drives me nuts watching that crap and if I want to turn it off then I bloody well should be able to!!!

Fuck this, time to sellup as soon as the GC issue is resolved! Mindark seems to be still run by morons that don't frikken play therefore have no fekking idea what the hell they are doing!!!

I begining to think the same , the writing is on the wall MA are just going to kill all the fun , maybe this is time to call it quits take out what I can from game , save all the BS so called updates , game gets less fun with each one of them , not being able log in cuase I GC is pissing me and everybody else off

WOW MA just WOW!!! What fucking Planet are you on??? It's quite apparent it aint on any of the planets we frequent you losers!

I begining to think the same , the writing is on the wall MA are just going to kill all the fun , maybe this is time to call it quits take out what I can from game , save all the BS so called updates , game gets less fun with each one of them , not being able log in cuase I GC is pissing me and everybody else off

Only for those who can't read. Go read a book. Some of you guys spazzing is just remarkable.

Please chill out!

I know you are annoyed about not being able to log in cause of GC's not working, but believe me, MA IS working on getting it online as fast as they can.
MA said:
As previously announced we are experiencing issues with the gold card authentication. We understand from the gold card technology partner company that the issue will be solved today. We apologize for any inconvenience.

They want you ingame, they want you to spend peds, so I seriously doubt that they are working slowly on this.
And as you can read in the above quote, it will be solved today.

So come on, chill out! Stop giving MindArk shit for everything, they don't have the budget of Blizzard or EA. They have a way smaller staff and based on that they are doing a good job.

Give me as much shit as you want, I really don't care. But stop the constant bloody whining.

Freddie

srsly i like my account protected by GC than loggin in :cool:

i just hate this new chat it terrible , bring back old one

Please chill out!

I know you are annoyed about not being able to log in cause of GC's not working, but believe me, MA IS working on getting it online as fast as they can.

They want you ingame, they want you to spend peds, so I seriously doubt that they are working slowly on this.
And as you can read in the above quote, it will be solved today.

So come on, chill out! Stop giving MindArk shit for everything, they don't have the budget of Blizzard or EA. They have a way smaller staff and based on that they are doing a good job.

Give me as much shit as you want, I really don't care. But stop the constant bloody whining.

Freddie

Actually, the fact that it has taken this long for the masses to become this irate speaks to the improvement to the overall patience level of participants. In years past, this level of angry behavior would have started an hour or two after the problem first occurred.

You are dealing with the most dedicated and loyal participants within the player base. Those who have goals and ambitions. Those who are working towards their own personal achievements who are willing to deposit what is necessary and reasonable in order to reach those goals. With a problem like this the timelines on their goals is being destroyed. Why bother making deposits to enable hitting the skills hard in order to get somewhere within a given timeline if this kind of crappy down time is going to screw with it. With this kind of behavior, abandoning our ambitions and going back to swunting seems quite reasonable.

Yes they are working on it, but this level of loyal participant base is going to expect that same kind of loyalty from MA. You don't shit where you eat. The bread and butter that pays the bills for the company are amongst this GC using participant base. By putting out the VU while leaving the GC still down, looks from the outside as though they find it more important to expend their resources on that VU than on taking care of it's customers. Anyone can say anything they want. What you DO speaks volumes about who you are and, in this case, what your priorities are.

I'm sure if we had someone in here giving us frequent updates it would help to sooth things. We know bad things happen unexpectedly sometimes. If individuals such as Kim are busy helping out while others abandon their usual responsibilities to try and get this straightened out then getting their most tactful Customer Service rep in here at least empathizing with participants could go a long way towards pushing that patience further. Even a "We don't have an answer yet, but the office is crazy with people working very hard to get this fixed. Management is upset about this down time too." Would at least leave the psychology that they really are in this with us. We know they don't like the down time either. No company does. But a testament from them to that fact would at least let people feel a little better and get them to wait a little longer before things turn very ugly.

I should not have to memorize a whole page of chat commands in order to be able to use the chat.

The user interface should be set up in a way where you can LOOK AT IT and figure it out.

My first impression: TOTAL DISASTER

As the global messages flash, i cant even see half the damn message because its blocked by the chat and I cant separate them.

As confirmed by a medical doctor last week, I have perfect 20/20 vision. With that said, i find the chat box very hard to read. It lacks contrast, seems busy, and I dont like it.

With our old chat box, i could tell at a GLANCE if someone in my society was typing because their whole text was a different color.

After I type my text and press enter, i then have to go back and delete that same text

When I send a message I get a sound as if I just received a message

A lot of things sold on auction but I dont see ANY auction messages

Last edited:
Actually, the fact that it has taken this long for the masses to become this irate speaks to the improvement to the overall patience level of participants. In years past, this level of angry behavior would have started an hour or two after the problem first occurred.

You are dealing with the most dedicated and loyal participants within the player base. Those who have goals and ambitions. Those who are working towards their own personal achievements who are willing to deposit what is necessary and reasonable in order to reach those goals. With a problem like this the timelines on their goals is being destroyed. Why bother making deposits to enable hitting the skills hard in order to get somewhere within a given timeline if this kind of crappy down time is going to screw with it. With this kind of behavior, abandoning our ambitions and going back to swunting seems quite reasonable.

Yes they are working on it, but this level of loyal participant base is going to expect that same kind of loyalty from MA. You don't shit where you eat. The bread and butter that pays the bills for the company are amongst this GC using participant base. By putting out the VU while leaving the GC still down, looks from the outside as though they find it more important to expend their resources on that VU than on taking care of it's customers. Anyone can say anything they want. What you DO speaks volumes about who you are and, in this case, what your priorities are.

I'm sure if we had someone in here giving us frequent updates it would help to sooth things. We know bad things happen unexpectedly sometimes. If individuals such as Kim are busy helping out while others abandon their usual responsibilities to try and get this straightened out then getting their most tactful Customer Service rep in here at least empathizing with participants could go a long way towards pushing that patience further. Even a "We don't have an answer yet, but the office is crazy with people working very hard to get this fixed. Management is upset about this down time too." Would at least leave the psychology that they really are in this with us. We know they don't like the down time either. No company does. But a testament from them to that fact would at least let people feel a little better and get them to wait a little longer before things turn very ugly.

True, it has taken longer than it normally does, and that is a good thing. But people must learn to respect that sometimes shit happens. MindArk do want all the players back ingame asap since they are loosing money 'cause of this.

You are right there, it was a very bad move by MA to release the VU while the GC's are still down. They should've waited until everything was working as it should.

I am one of those very loyal and dedicated players, and I don't loose it cause the GC's are down for a day, or that the game goes down. I know that MA is quite a small company compared to the big ones, and that it takes longer for them to fix things like this than it would Blizzard.

And yes, Kim or some other MindArk official should've given us updates every now and then, small oversight by MA's part.

Freddie

Back