FYI: Underground breakthrough (part 2)

there are new "CLD" type deeds that split the tax collected from the 5% ark underground tax much like an LA on caly, there will be 200k deeds ark will be selling them on auction for 50 ped per deed, my guess is that pay outs per deed will be incredibly small since its only 5% from the tax revenue and not part of the PP gross income like CLD are

i predict about .10 ped on the high end payout per deed per week, if it is weekly just like cld.

there are new "CLD" type deeds that split the tax collected from the 5% ark underground tax much like an LA on caly, there will be 200k deeds ark will be selling them on auction for 50 ped per deed, my guess is that pay outs per deed will be incredibly small since its only 5% from the tax revenue and not part of the PP gross income like CLD are

i predict about .10 ped on the high end payout per deed per week, if it is weekly just like cld.

Taken from Ark release notes: http://arkadiaforum.com/content.php?624-Planet-Arkadia-Update-2014-1-(19-March)

"Tax revenue from the Land Area 'Arkadia Underground' will be distributed automatically to deed holders on a weekly basis via the PED flow centre. The Arkadia Underground will have a fixed tax percentage of 5%".

This reads to me, 100% of the 5% tax collected from the LA will be distributed evenly to all deed holders.

Where does it say only 5% of the tax revenue collected will be distributed?

Taken from Ark release notes: http://arkadiaforum.com/content.php?624-Planet-Arkadia-Update-2014-1-(19-March)

"Tax revenue from the Land Area 'Arkadia Underground' will be distributed automatically to deed holders on a weekly basis via the PED flow centre. The Arkadia Underground will have a fixed tax percentage of 5%".

This reads to me, 100% of the 5% tax collected from the LA will be distributed evenly to all deed holders.

Where does it say only 5% of the tax revenue collected will be distributed?

not 5% of the tax, the tax is 5% there for hunting and mining. :)

Looking at income from tax it's a little different. Take a situation where a miner drops 100 ped worth of probes in two locations. One is normal untaxed land, the other is subject to this 5% deed tax. How much "revenue" does this give the PP vs the deed owner? Assume for argument's sake that the miner gets 5% decay from dropping those 100 ped probes and assume that the TT return is 90% (would be 95% before the tax). Of course the additional 5% of the probes goes to MA's golden child of the week's uber HOFs. ;)

Untaxed land: MA and PP split the decay, each getting 2.5 ped revenue. If this is on Caly, then MA would get 2.5, Caly gets 1.25 and CLD owners get 1.25.

Taxed land: MA and PP split the decay, each getting 2.5 ped revenue. Land Area owner gets 4.75 ped.

The size of the underground is ~ 30% bigger than foma, hell, and monria combined, and vehicles are allowed so I expect it to be quite popular. Of course we're talking about a land area the size of one server, not revenue from an entire planet but we'll have to wait and see how it goes.

I'm glad they introduced this model of land ownership... cheap deeds that allow you to invest in a planet for some weekly income. Very cool.

I agree with Sidxx, in three months the price will have crashed as people realise the yield is tiny.

The deeds may be have a low price, but they are not cheap, they are very, very expensive.

after thinking about it i think my initial estimation on per deed payout might be extremely high and might be more like .10 pec.

after thinking about it i think my initial estimation on per deed payout might be extremely high and might be more like .10 pec.

don't worry 100 times difference is not much :laugh:
btw at your guess 0,10 ped it is close to CLD ROI I think, at 0,10 pec it becomes 100 times lower ROI than CLD
so you must be wrong both ways :laugh:

don't worry 100 times difference is not much :laugh:
btw at your guess 0,10 ped it is close to CLD ROI I think, at 0,10 pec it becomes 100 times lower ROI than CLD
so you must be wrong both ways :laugh:

it all really depends on the weekly income from the 5% tax split 200,000 ways, one week could be 100 peds another could be 10k from some big ass ATH to a 2 month old noob, who really knows? ask what the ROI is in a year.

all i know is that this sure looks like an easy money grab, my investment advice is to turn around and walk away with some fukin large strides :holyshit:

Last edited:
The largest difference to CLD or share of Monria is a very straightforward and transparent revenue model. For every 200K PED of loot players get in Arkadia Underground, a deed gets 5 pec of revenue. Approximately, anyways.

Back