Return the old chat right now !

Do you want old chat back ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah tbh, for 6 hours I tried to be open-minded about the new interface, but it is just so bad to look at. I wont even be replying to people anymore if they message me, and will never be reading the damn thing...so don't get mad when I don't respond. All they had to do was add the channel function to the old interface and give us a few more customization option in the old one. But no, they want to just keep intentionally fucking up the game and making us not want to play anymore.

Offer suggestions and feedback.. not rage or prima donna threads like this.
The old one was perfect in my opinion. Very clean, clear, space-saving and easily readable.

what the problem they have been working hard on this maybe a few year and this is what you have to say

lolololololol

i think they all put idea in a pot and what they draw out that what they work on

instead of more real important stuff

MA seriously return old chat this is horrible !!!!!! no one likes it I am sure about that.

for sure its better but it has its problems, once... if? its all sorted out it will be much better. Wish they would just go take a look at the chat system in world of warcraft and copy it. WoW chat has to be one of the best ones I have seen to date.

well of all the stupid shit.. i thought I had seen it all till...

wtf is with the avatar pics?? :scratch2:

attachment.php

Last edited:
I'm kinda ok with it, needs new colors for sure but I'm happy with offline messaging and most importantly for me: Sticky Notes!

So yeah, i think most people have problems with the colors and that flashy global bar...change these 2 and we're fine :)
Yes, offline messaging is good, and the ability to link items.

U know whats hilarious thou? I think i figured out why we have this problem with the unreadable colors.
The whole chat system was snitched from Fallen Earth. In FE the default background opacity is set to 50% when u start the game, and it's pretty hard to read (same problem as we have here now).
After a few hours most players there will figure out it's possible to change opacity of every HUD element (and it's frame) form pitch black to fully transparent. So what most ppl do is they darken the chatbox background and make all toolbars and their borders fully transparent. With dark background the bleak chatbox colors are fine.

In FE it's also possible to open your inventory while running, switch the background to transparent and sort stuff while looking at the landscape through the inventory. Very handy.

Our "spy" in FE apparently didn't find this feature, so he copied it "as is". Noobs... :laugh:

My first impression of the new chat UI was that I hate it..

There are still things I really dislike and some bugs that need to get fixed ASAP however there are some new features that are awesome.

Needed tweaks:
- Customizable fonts (size, colors, other than now, etc)
- Removable red/yellow f***ng banner with globals
- Removable current fixed channels (System and others)
- Customizable background (colors/transparency)
- Removable highlighting of the tabs when something happens
- Removable tabs
- Possibility to choose position of message center/contacts buttons
- Removable chat
Maybe i forgot something but here is enough work for 1-2 months...

But don't wait for results, as i said too many times, MA never do testing their products or UI with real players

After MA do something in above list, they must do something with crazy mix of messages into message center, but first must be realized my list above :)

+ date/time of last login in FL info!!!

wtf is with the avatar pics?? :scratch2:

You can associate your ava with it, and then when one is looking at your name in the new FL, will see that one.

Real avatar face was nicer, but I really do not want all those ugly mugs thumbnails to be downloaded to my machine.

I think i figured out why we have this problem with the unreadable colors.
The whole chat system was snitched from Fallen Earth.

LOL... go figures. Anyhow I was looking to the settings-ce.cfg and I cannot see anything related to the chat interface. Must be kept on server?

Bring back Old Chat, and remove that global red bar is annoying as hell

I want the text to be much clearer with stronger colours, like it is now the text is to fuzzy so it needs some concentration to actually read it.

The possibility to make custom channels is nice.
But why dont i get a pop up window when someone invites me to a channel, the message just goes to my message center wich I never read anyway.

It's fine as is, just add a few more features to it... Add option to make background transparent or opaque (maybe a transparency slider?). Add option to change color of background and option to add pure white text. That way people wanting black on white or vice versa can have it. For the most part it doesn't seem too bad... Maybe add more global channels that are easier to access by default setup so you don't have to 'know' chat channel name ahead of time, etc.

As for globals, just give us an option to turn off the thing that popups above chat window and just let globals show in system channel that we can choose to turn off or on if we want.

You can associate your ava with it, and then when one is looking at your name in the new FL, will see that one.

Real avatar face was nicer, but I really do not want all those ugly mugs thumbnails to be downloaded to my machine.

lol mate :rolleyes: I understand what the purpose of them is... I was reffering to the weird retro comic pictures they have given us lol

Anyway I have now spent a good 8 hours with the new UI and I really dont like it, basically what people like is two or maybe three things: offline messaging, chat channels, item links.

We could have easily added that functionality to the old interface with out all the clutter. The new system is divided into 3 parts and uses / commands?? why?

How about this way to select channel: in old UI, right click on the channel selector and get a list of channels, click on the one u want to assign to that slot, then just click on the channel u want to talk to like before.

for offline message: just give offline message but same interface?! whats hard bout that? why create all this shit and new issues?!

well I am going to keep an eye on this and if its not returned to a state that I am able to use in max 2 or 3 updates. Then thats it for me.

Last edited:
and IF I get the energy to make something later or in a few days I will make something in photoshop to show what I meen.
Turns out I got some energy to make something that to me would be a lot better then what we have now and still have the same or very similar functions.

• 5 Custom Channels
  • same styling as we are used to that WORKS
  • click on Biography and a little popup comes up, no need to clutter FL with full
  • still old auction messages for those who want (like me) and new
  • no more "[local][player player player]*heart*: Message" taking up half the first line

The Name on the winner of a BuyOut bid I'm sure will disappear for same reason they don't show who is ordering stuff, in one way it's useful to have but in another I don't want to be shown as the buyer if I take a buyout so expect others feel the same.

I guess that was it, like it or hate it but here is a picture:
(Yes it's all fake, not trying to be tricky here. Just make sure you look at 100%(1776x999))

Last edited:
Turns out I got some energy to make something that to me would be a lot better then what we have now and still have the same or very similar functions.

• 5 Custom Channels
  • same styling as we are used to that WORKS
  • click on Biography and a little popup comes up, no need to clutter FL with full
  • still old auction messages for those who want (like me) and new
  • no more "[local][player player player]*heart*: Message" taking up half the first line

The Name on the winner of a BuyOut bid I'm sure will disappear for same reason they don't show who is ordering stuff, in one way it's useful to have but in another I don't want to be shown as the buyer if I take a buyout so expect others feel the same.

I guess that was it, like it or hate it but here is a picture:
(Yes it's all fake, not trying to be tricky here. Just make sure you look at 100%(1776x999))

I like your picture ma shoud made something like that:wise:

i am in NBK and we are many socs...because we are so many...but most important is that now we have a chat where we all are...and I like that :yay:

Does it need some improvel yes :)

I like it, if some things were tweaked and changed.
It does look like some of the old screen shots of the game look like! LOL

I'm getting used to it and it has more positives than negatives.
Global channels, friends lists shows what planet people are on, a message system, ability to type a bio, more customization options

the negatives are what I'm hoping things that will get changed/improved.
Hard to see, yes! Colors suck, and everyone hates the flashing red BS

yes thats great .
What I think has happened here is that MA have maybe bought an off the shelf chat module and are now using our suggestions to try and make it fit, as well as fix all the bugs caused by trying to get the software to work with the existing system.
If they came up with what we have now from scratch it shows that not a lot of thought has gone into it .

as i play with it more and more, only a few negatives mixed within quite a bit of improvement.

Still buggy like showing people offline when they are not

Still buggy like showing people offline when they are not
Sure they aren't set to "incognito" in Settings > Privacy? was the issue with me and another soc member, when we changed that we showed as online again

High % of the player base had bad first impression on this new social interface.
But once you start customize it, it doesn't take long before you're used to it.

From hating it to loving it :)

Ive heard nothing but complaints in game, even my disciple who just joined described the message center as "a joke" and said he was stunned they would release a UI like this.

Look people trying to look on the brighter side because that is easier for them, but the fact is its piss poor, 50% of the new changes are just a waste, much of the common tasks are now harder to execute ie - more clicks, and there are obviously some aesthetic issues which will of course get fixed soon. That's hard to deny, majority of people were content with the old UI, and well, I cant give a accurate number for how many are content with this one, but its certainly much lower than 100% lol

And what is wrong with bashing them for it a bit? Were not their mum are we? If microsoft screw up they get bashed, if anyone screws up royally they get bashed for it. Well here we have a fine example of this. Do you go to apple website and start complaining about the clumsy interface?? hell no, because there nothing to complain about because they do a good job. MA dont. Sorry but its just true.

The pastels are horrid.

I want a black background with bright contrasting solid colors. Chat needs to be easy to read at a glance, and the new one is pretty bad.

If they just let me change the background to black, and use solid colors like pure bright red, yellow, teal, orange, etc.....then the new chat window wouldn't be so bad.

It seems like too many developers are forgetting that a UI needs to be above all else functional. They are making all this bubblie, glitzy crap these days, with tiny content portions and tons of filler that isnt necessary. Too many UIs look like bubbled smart phone crap, its just not anywhere near as functional as stuff use to be.

The new chat is terrible, makes me not even want to log on :yup:

Bump and as I said before:
Done a lot more/better pics now posted here:
new(old) UI suggestion

just posting the link as the pics is in PNG so can't be used here

Back