Do you want old chat back ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MeanMachine

Old Alpha
Society
Rage of the Ancients
The Mean Machine
MA seriously return old chat this is horrible !!!!!! no one likes it I am sure about that.

How are you supposed to answer on question with a question? :scratch2:

You don't force your paying customers to look at your flashy global-ads.
This is something that you just don't do.

I'll give MA a week to fix this, if i don't have any other option by then (other than disabling the whole HUD), i'll find some less arrogant game where to spend my money and time. :mad:

vote above the thread there is pool to vote yes or no

You don't force your paying customers to look at your flashy global-ads.
This is something that you just don't do:

+rep

I so agree !Make an option to close that shit down i have no intresse in see that shit .

Last edited:
Some feedback/requests:

The gray, green, yellow, red text on a blue-gray background is a strain on the eyes - mine at least. idk, maybe others like it. Pleas give option to chnage chat-box background to BLACK.

Please allow option to remove "Message Center" and "Contact" tabs from HUD. The reason I have these hotkeyed is because I dont want them on my HUD.

Thank You

I love the new layout please do not change it!

only thing that's constant in this crazy life is change....embrace it!

I was really looking forward to this march update, I mean... new social interface, new planet updates etc etc.
Instead its been a big fking failure so far.

First the GC issue, than the "new" social interface.. feels like it throw us 50years back in time. headache headache and more headache from the chat system & design.

I prefer the old social interface system & design, the only good thing with the new one is the possibility to channels nothing else.

I just wish I could delete all the tutorial messages and separate my messages from all the other crap

I don't mind the global alerts, all info is useful, but should be option to turn it off.

There's a number of issues that hopefully will be dealt with, but once that's done I can't see any improvement over the old system except for the ability to message someone.

Maybe the backend has been improved so they can easily add extra functionality later, but as it stands it seems to have been a lot of work for nothing.

black on white(or reverse) text is standard for a reason...

and didn't they fuck up the old chat with bold text and double lines lately to make it more easy for those with some kind of disability or something, and now it's 1000x worse then the old was

All they should have done was add offline msg's and custom channels under the old style, this looks just as bad as some screenshots from old old PE days I seen.
fat borders, multicolored text, flashing channels/hofs all this belong in some kiddy game if you ask me, in EU they should be focused on functionality always and we had that just needed to add custom channel and offline msg's to the old modern one.

and whisper is what kids do, when I want to talk privately with someone that's what I do I don't go around and whisper!

feels like it throw us 50years back in time. headache headache and more headache from the chat system & design.
This kinda sums it up.... and the headache will be real ones from all this flashing and eye movements

Offer suggestions and feedback.. not rage or prima donna threads like this.

Offer suggestions and feedback.. not rage or prima donna threads like this.
We did, reverse to the old design and just add offline msg and custom channels to that, most other things we already had or don't need, or they could just expand the old message center but still keep the old design.

and IF I get the energy to make something later or in a few days I will make something in photoshop to show what I meen.

I have to vote for the old chat box back as this is too hard for me to read as it is.
Yes I have changed colors , still looks rubbish though

Why should we vote no or yes so early?
Im off to PA to ask some noobs what they think about the chat gui.

Some feedback/requests:

The gray, green, yellow, red text on a blue-gray background is a strain on the eyes - mine at least. idk, maybe others like it. Pleas give option to chnage chat-box background to BLACK.

Please allow option to remove "Message Center" and "Contact" tabs from HUD. The reason I have these hotkeyed is because I dont want them on my HUD.

Thank You

I agree with this. AT LEAST:

1- make the background customizable color.

2- Add an option to diable that UGLY ANNOYING RED GLOBAL BANNER in the middle of my screen.

yes bring back the old chat please.

Some feedback/requests:

From the preview thread:
It looks like text contrast is going to (continue/increasingly) be a problem. Please look into that.

If you can just go back to the UI pre-CE2 that would be great. In that system you could shoot your gun, hit the hotkey for chat, dash off a comment, carriage return, and not miss the next shot/fap/course correction.

If you try to do that now, not only will you probably miss the first few characters and also possibly end up with a million windows open, but you are 100% guaranteed to drop the last (few). It seems that once keypresses were properly queued, whereas now some are processed immediately and others queued, leading to schizophrenic UI issues.

Maybe the backend has been improved so they can easily add extra functionality later, but as it stands it seems to have been a lot of work for nothing.

That sums up most of the "development" for the last few years.

Ok, just found the MAIN (right-click) > UI Settings > Auto-Fade [On] for dark(er) chat background (but only if you dont hover your cursor over the box or type in it. x.x)

(thanks, Fifth)

I don't even understand how this chat is working, I was unable to answer friends calls :(
And the color choice makes it quite hard and painful to read. At least allow white for local.

Only thing i wouldnt return back is this thing we can talk with everyone its actually funny but everything else looks from some game from like 1990s lol

current chat functionality completely ruined my enjoyment of Entropia

Do a third of people really like that, or just sympathize the developers for all their efforts?

I cant login, can someone post some screen shots?

I'm kinda ok with it, needs new colors for sure but I'm happy with offline messaging and most importantly for me: Sticky Notes!

So yeah, i think most people have problems with the colors and that flashy global bar...change these 2 and we're fine :)

bring the old one style

This is TOTALLY BS. I mean BS and it's real Sh!t

I play TONS, I mean TONs of MMOs. EU has the BEST social CHAT WINDOW. It was NICE, CLEAN and CLEAR.

And now, did you just recruit some fked up developers from other MMOs, who got unemployed because of their games dying?

COME ON, MA.

The thing with customized colors/fonts - it will probably kill the approved OCR apps. Sometimes the log is used, but old chat was used a lot too.

buying chatskills at boxes....

now when i log in not sure what to to - go out and hunt/mine or try to chat :D

Back