Social Interface Improvement Requests after Vu 14.6.0

Status

Magyar_Republic

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Whiskey Confederacy
Edward Magyar Republic
Developers, we as a community would like to thank you for working on the UI. We appreciate your work. This thread isn't a bitch thread, but a log of suggestions to make the new chat UI better.

Below you will find a list of requests from various players to make the new chat UI better.

1) Each tab should have the ability to enter chat, and a selectable channel that chat is entered into.
2) Text Size should be adjustable.
3) The Red Bar announcing globals should be able to be moved independently of the chat window.
4) The Red Bar announcing globals should be able to be disabled.
5) We should be able to upload our own avatars to our profiles, the list of avatars provided is a bit cheesy. :)
6) We should be able to use a screengrab of our avatars face live within the world as a profile avatar.
7) We should be able to add certain words to a filter, at our discretion, and either enable or disable that filter.
8) Contact list should be filterable based on context flags.
9) Society context flag should auto populate to Contact List, and auto remove if an individual leaves the society before being added to friends, mentors, etc...
10) The text entry field should clear once text is sent to chat.
11) We should have the ability to bold, italic, underline text.
12) Older folks are complaining that the colors are too dull. They would like to see the pallet expanded to include some bright colors, and perhaps the ability to adjust the contrast a bit to achieve a darker black on the chat window.
13) More filters could be added to refine what type of system messages appear.
14) Long texts overlap next section. Scrolling does not seem to work correctly on avatar bio.
15) Text length is not apparent while chatting. Max length in messages is frequently reached.
16) Private messages should appear in their own tab.
17) Message center needs to be resizeable.
18) Rookie chat stops working if it is moved to a different tab after a few minutes.
19) Rookie chat is being exploited. People are using it as the new Trade chat for global sales.
20) Rookie chat breaks all chat channels eventually, causing them to become unresponsive.
21) [channel] tags are not seen as necessary.
22) Background color should be customizable.
23) Auction status is a bit redundant. See post by Dan59
24) No need for System tab by default.
25) Rookie Chat should have some sort of moderation to prevent abuse of 3rd party website advertising.
26) Messages should be able to be removed from message interface.
27) Separate trade into #Buying and #Selling
28) Chat logs dont work
29) Borders are too big and not uniform across entire UI
30) Implement Rookie chat as true newbie channel, for questions. Implement Universal chat for other global communication.
31) Rookie chat should be planetary, not universe wide.
32) Nearby names should not display in PvP
33) Add anonymity options to hide full name and society.
34) Buy out is not anonymous. Some players may wish to make this optional.
35) Planetary trade channels requested
36) No way to rename avatars unless they are on friends list, this option should exist for any name in the contact list.
37) No way to move tabs from top corners of screen.
38) Please re-instate shortcuts for channels. /s for /society, /tr for trade, etc.
39) Message center does not allow text copy
40) Default Item is displayed when linking items, not the actual item in question.
41) Friend list is difficult to use. See Akbar's post here:https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...=1#post3240449
42) the tutorial messages in messaging center should be possible to delete/filter
43) sales messages should have clear indication of total income (minus all sale costs, including placing cost)
44) activating FL on logon is not needed
45) the options to disable voice chat etc are not stored on logout
46) all PMs should result in a notification
47) ingame events should be made more visible, maybe a special channel?
48) auction should also notify about when your bid is overbid by someone as before
49) Rookie Chat should display the planet the player is on next to the name.
50) Chat histories (up/down arrows) should be independent for each channel. When I press 'Arrow Up' in #Trade, I shouldn't see the previous message from #Soc - besides convenience, it will save from accidental sending out of private info.
51)There should be a way to temporarily minimize windows without moving all their channels to other windows. E.g., I want to hide a window with trade/rookie channels but keep the one with system/PMs. At least they should fold the way the old UI's private chats did fold (so you see only a header), at best - there should be a panel from which you could select which windows you'd like to see now. Naturally, windows should remember their positions on screen.
52) Commands like /listmembers without parameters should work for the currently selected channel.
53) Instead of a few predefined colors, add a 8- or better 16-bit color picker, so everyone could make as crazy combinations as he wants.
54) Maybe remove the buttons that invoke Contacts and Message Center and let people use standard buttons from Action Library and place them wherever they what. Don't know is it possible to display dynamic data, like a messages counter, on standard buttons - if not, create for that purpose a little movable panel similar to the Action Set panel in the top-left corner, kinda like (with icons clickable and opening corresponding sections):
C:\Users\Edward\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg

All is IMHO, of course, not necessarily anyone else would like anything of it.

To be continued...

To be continued...

Last edited:
need to perform CLS after msg posted (Bug) = Clear just posted text

Option to switch(filter) off seperatelly not only as part fo System msges
\Skills
\DMG

MSG centre is unusable .... + not resizable

Long texts overlap next section*(bibliography..)

Etc ...

private messages should appear in a tab automatically

the big high ligh chat piss me me off
and the scuare box I like the old one frend list box is also nooooooooooooooooooo good please bring old chat back

all this chat colors is kinda not good I use to like the onld chat better

:scratch2::scratch2: mnext update gonna be the radar make look fancy :confused:

please do sometime better bring old game was so simple to make perfect game try fix lags make servers more stable
now what you doing MA esperimenting new things this is not good

Man, this forum is not intended for communication to MA. This is a planet specific forum dedicated to Calypso!!!
How many times has this have to be repeated?
Also, please don't lie about the purpose of the thread, we can clearly see that you want improvements for personal gain!
Pun intended.
All of your base are belong to us!
Developers, we as a community would like to thank you for working on the UI. We appreciate your work. This thread isn't a bitch thread, but a log of suggestions to make the new chat UI better.

• Rookie chat should be moderated! One way to do it is by implementing vote kick so if someone is using it for promoting 3rd party websites, others can vote kick him and (lets say if he gets 5 votes) he gets a 24h ban from rookie chat.
  • Make tabs movable so if I want them in a different order I can drag them where I want them to be.
  • Remove System tab. Each player can choose where he wants to see system messages, there's no need for a separate tab for them.
  • This one I assume is a bug. After I enter a message I have to manualy delete it afterwards. Since you can get to last entered line by using up arrow I don't see where one could benefit from this behavior. There is a workaround though - HUD settings (chat window focus) but that shouldn't be a permanent solution.
  • Chat window background color should be adjustable.
  • I want to be able to remove those tutorial messages from my new mail interface.

:twocents:

Have all the colors in the spectrum you want, just make or give option for a background black.

[Calypso Forums] [Forum User] [Chat Improvement Requests][Me]: if I get message "This creature didn't carry any loot" I don't need prefix like [System]: - who else can input yellow colored message in my chat window?
If I chose to chat to society I don't need prefix [Society].
I don't need [Me]: to indicate that its me who is typing the message and don't need [Society] to know that socmate is answering to me.
I don't need [Local] too and so on.

I don't need message that I have item on auction and someone is biding or is sold - we had that more or less.
I need possibility to get message if someone put items of my interest in auction instead.

I need that incognito and invisible status work instead that all know that i'm lying because they see my global and frends see log in and log off message.

[Calypso Forums] [Forum User] [Chat Improvement Requests][Me]: I wish that [MindArk] [Platform] [Entropia Universe] [ Developer Team Which Burned a Year of Resources in time and money for this] implement on/off option at least for global ticker if you cant roll back all.

Last edited:
Be able to customize the background colors in fade In / Off options.

I agree about mixing System & Main

And dan is right, colors are supposed to tell what we do (and we know since those colors are displaying particular actions), so no need tons of prefix in the chat.

I see some potential in the new UI.
But it is riddled with bugs, AND it has a whole new Template. How many different Templates are we having now? EVERY pice in the UI has a different look. That need fixing.
I kinda like the transparent look of the radar and weapon interface.

Also if it would be possible to split #Trade into seperate #Buying and #Selling channels it would be GREAT!

As for the Messages: I'm unable to delete the Tutorials from it. Either put it in a seperate Tab or make them deletable.

So is there still a chat log? I rely on the chat logs I have and search them non stop for info that I need

So is there still a chat log? I rely on the chat logs I have and search them non stop for info that I need

yes but it has no chat in it
and private chat log is empty too , gotta laugh :laugh:

I sure hope the update didn't delete my old chat logs....

[Calypso Forums] [Forum User] [Chat Improvement Requests][Me]: Anyone able to take pic of own ava with chosen nick ava name or its just me seeing me as Me and not as Dan?

There are a lot of good features, I see that, but this is way to complex, not-user-friendly, and cumbersome.

Last edited:
edit: deleted

Last edited:
edit: deleted

Last edited:
The social interface should make communications simple and hassle free. It should make it easy to converse with multiple people via PM simultaneously while also holding conversation in society chat as well as open chat all while hunting difficult creatures

Background Primarily - Needs to be either Black or Customizable.

Fonts - Resizable and More Colors / Brighter Colors.

Borders - Less Big

HOF / Global Ticker - Agree with Disable-able or Movable.

Otherwise, I think its Great so far other then the Colors / background and stuff! Once get more of a hang of it.

#rookie is definitely showing way too many things that should be in #trade... sad that just after this goes live people are already exploiting it making this game look no more professional than the bullshit stuff seen in Diablo... just a matter of times til the autobot spammers hit it and when it'll get really messed up unless Mindark does something to stop this stuff NOW, or at least within the next 24-48 hours.

My suggestion - temp 3 day ban if you try to sell anything in any channel other than #trade. 3 or more offenses, 1 month ban. More than that could lead to permanent ban.

Assuming it all logs just like the old chat system logged stuff (after they fix it), the proof is going to be right there ready for support ticket bombing! ;) :)

Another player (I think is was Icco) suggested this change for the channel names:

Universal (for universal, general chat)
Ask (for players to ask questions)

Yes, I know that people can create custom chat channels, and have done so with #Global #Trade #Fap etc etc, but what we are talking about is the MA created channels.

Rookie is a universal channel, yes. But it also is a channel, as Mastermesh stated, that is highly abused with spam. And it really isn't clear what the Rookie channel is for.

Universal is clear. Get on this channel to talk to others universally.

Instead of Rookie, maybe put New Players for the New Players... or Ask Question... or something similar. New Player is clear... this is a channel where new players can go to get information.

And, if it can be managed, make those new player channels PLANETARY. It's very difficult to assist a new player on Cyrene when I am on Calypso.

Lastly, on this new player channel, allow TRUSTED individuals to remove abusers from the chat channel. The questions of newer players get lost among all the spam of people selling items, advertising websites, etc. I spent a fair bit of time monitoring the Rookie channel, and saw a fair number of players asking questions. The problem was, by the time I finished typing my response, 10 different messages regarding sales and advertising would go by, and the player that asked the question wouldn't see the response.

Yes please. Annoying as hell.

I agree, why the redundancy of it twice................... grrrrr global announcements in a chat box is fine, but above it flashing red is annoying as hell

This thread is for suggestions to make it better but i see a few ppl that just complain how bad they think it is and want "the old chat system back", not going to happen so make suggestions to improve and adapt to this new system, i think i will be great when MA has made some adjustments to it like better and more colors and customizable background.

12) Older folks are complaining that the colors are too dull. They would like to see the pallet expanded to include some bright colors, and perhaps the ability to adjust the contrast a bit to achieve a darker black on the chat window.

Yes please - thats the thing i hate about it and that's why i stopped chatting completely yesterday, because every damn color is to dark and you can't really see them when you are tired...
I wonder if all the color blinds have issues with it...

The whole purpose of displayed name is gone and the possibillity to be incognito at various moments doesn't exist anymore. Since the Contacts - Nearby always displays the displayed name and with the mousepointer above the name then the full name is shown... Offcourse, it's never been possible to hide soc. belonging and changing displayed name have not been fullpprooof since the soc. belonging is Always there and by using and scanner they have Always been able to see full name...

But now it is too easy to see full name of all on the Contacts/nearby list!! The functionallity of the scanner is taken away!!!

Especially in pvp I want to hide sometimes and not advertise that I am there, and now everybody sees that I am nearby and my full name if they hover the pointer over my displayed name...

1. fix soo that nearby doesn't display full name!
2. fix soo that nearby is not working in pvp areas
3. please fix soo that one can temporarily hide soc. belonging also ( sometimes I do hide objects and make a noob search and find competition and by hiding my name and soc. I would be able to hide better I Believe)

Last edited:

Below you will find a list of requests from various players to make the new chat UI better.

1) Each tab should have the ability to enter chat, and a selectable channel that chat is entered into.
3) The Red Bar announcing globals should be able to be moved independently of the chat window.
4) The Red Bar announcing globals should be able to be disabled.
5) We should be able to upload our own avatars to our profiles, the list of avatars provided is a bit cheesy. :)
6) We should be able to use a screengrab of our avatars face live within the world as a profile avatar.
7) We should be able to add certain words to a filter, at our discretion, and either enable or disable that filter.
8) Contact list should be filterable based on context flags.
9) Society context flag should auto populate to Contact List, and auto remove if an individual leaves the society before being added to friends, mentors, etc...
10) The text entry field should clear once text is sent to chat.
11) We should have the ability to bold, italic, underline text.\
13) More filters could be added to refine what type of system messages appear.
14) Long texts overlap next section. Scrolling does not seem to work correctly on avatar bio.
15) Text length is not apparent while chatting. Max length in messages is frequently reached.
16) Private messages should appear in their own tab.
17) Message center needs to be resizeable.
18) Rookie chat stops working if it is moved to a different tab after a few minutes.
19) Rookie chat is being exploited. People are using it as the new Trade chat for global sales.
20) Rookie chat breaks all chat channels eventually, causing them to become unresponsive.

To be continued...

I have better idea , just put chat back as it was .

there is so much about the new chat thats bad , I dpnt know where to begin .

1. Bring back blue hammer icon. I never used Message Center before. Now I have to open it when auctions end - just wasting time and space on screen.

2. Bring back channel enable/disable icons. Now I have to right-click tabs, search for the channel and click again to do so - just waste of time (and the channel list will increase over time)

3. Colors/Background issue, annoying hof popup etc. as mentioned so many times before.

4. Option to disable on-screen icons for Message Center and Friends List - I don't need them, just wasting space, I already have hotkeys for them.

In short: Bring back old design/style. Just keep useful functions like item-linking.

[Calypso Forums] [Forum User] [Chat Improvement Requests][Me]: Anyone able to take pic of own ava with chosen nick ava name or its just me seeing me as Me and not as Dan?

The one thing I do hate is being 'Me' in the chat and more so when I mouse over myself. I know I'm Me but I want my name! :(

Yeah, the "Me" title seen in the chats just as above the avatar's head is not cool, and should be displayed the way the avatar's name window is showing it.
* Notice that the name in front of "credit" is still showing the right info (like it has always been)...
... so why change the others by "Me" ?

(constructive suggestions).

Btw, will we be able to customize the avatar icons with uploaded pics ?

Status
Back