Working for MindArk - If the opportunity arose would you ?

You're mistaken my friend :) MA is a Swedish company, I'm quite sure they are well paid.
does a MA developer get well paid? doubt it, other than a select few positions, mainly core engine coding, the games market is notorious for underpaying its developers. you get to play games right, so why pay so much?

Im actually happy with MA lately, they have or are going to deliver on some long term promises this year, they have been quick in making little requested changes and they have been working hard on the graphical stability and AH speed is much better :eek: Yeah I am actually happy with them right now :eyecrazy:

No. Been there, done that, not going back. No.

Thankless job, where neither the management or the customer base have enough knowledge or understanding of your work to appreciate it. Constantly being blamed (by management and customer base) for things you're not responsible for. Overworked. Underpaid.

No.

Please Marco. We really need you. Only after you were gone did we realise what was missing.

Yeah, I think I wouldnt mind moving to Sweden and working for MA judging from this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where-to-be-born_Index

Sweden #4 United Kingdom #27

Swiss first! I'm from there, and this ranking says noting! A lot ppl here are not happy about the elite here taking everything. More and more poor ppl here and more and more very super rich ppl. Swiss is a golden prison, and it is much boring to life here. It only looks nice, from outsite.

So ranking like this says not much about the true life is, there.

Swiss first! I'm from there, and this ranking says noting! A lot ppl here are not happy about the elite here taking everything. More and more poor ppl here and more and more very super rich ppl. Swiss is a golden prison, and it is much boring to life here. It only looks nice, from outsite.

So ranking like this says not much about the true life is, there.

That's the same in every country though - about the rich getting richer and the poor, poorer, its the same in UK and I'm sure similar in rich countries like USA and so on.

Being no1 though, is life expectancy high and is unemployment pretty low in Switzerland?

Was OP banned course of this thread ???

Nah, multiple rule breaches including recruiting/advertising for other games, excessive complaints and insulting people (checked his 20 or so latest posts, a lot of them have stuff removed because of 2.2, 2.7 or for advertising other games) across multiple threads... Would assume the sum of that is what caused being banned.

Being no1 though, is life expectancy high and is unemployment pretty low in Switzerland?

Yea it is. But a lot ppl can't affort the healthy cost. They are really very high here. Also the cost for apartments, houses are much higher as anywhere around swiss. Don't talk about what food cost. How I said, a golden prison, with a lot unhappy ppl. And above 50 age you can't find a job here, ecept you be CEO or manager.

However, just want say that such rankings noting tell about how it is to life there :)

Not Marco, far from it. He's a good guy though.

Sorry, but only a fool would put any kind of credence in what you are saying (or implying) here.

Ex-participant? Then why continue posting? Ah, yes. Because you want to 'do some good' right?

And now also an ex-employee?

The most I can gather from the continued presence of somebody who both a) wishes to remain anonymous and b) wishes to offer themselves up at the same time as both former participants and former employees with some sort of insider knowledge is this:

If it is true, then you are probably upset with the organization in some way, or at the very least are breaking a contract that was created as a condition of your employment. Regardless, the interaction has a limited potential for honesty, being based in selfish reasons and/or dishonesty to begin with.

If it is (more likely) not true, then you're just some guy who got burned, probably here on these boards too. This is an alt account. You might even be Shinobi, everyone's favorite bomb threat authoring South African coming back yet again because even after 5 years of being told to go away, you still dont get the hint.

Yes, I am an "Ex-participant", and also "ex-employee" since many years back.

This account is the only one I ever had on this forum. You can probably see that I haven't been particularly active with it either, mostly because I rarely visit the forum. This time I was alerted of this thread by an old friend, who sent me a link with the humorous comment "Would You?".

Break contract/NDA? No. I have not, will never do. I simply said that I would never again work for a company that doesn't understand or respect my trade. That's also why I quit, the same work ethics that prevents me from breaking NDA's.

Of course, I don't expect you to believe me. You don't have to, and I simply don't care if you do or not. But this Shinobi fellow you're talking about? That's not me. I'm not that imaginative when it comes to forum nick names.

Good bye.

I see plenty. Including that there is absolutely no reason for you to be here, since you have nothing to do at present with the community.

I've left companies for similar reasons to those that you state. To date I have never taken it upon myself to malign the brand after I left, nor take the time to talk a bit of trash with my former employers customers. Why? Because despite what some folks on the forum may think, I like to handle my personal affairs in ways that are respectable. Carrying an active grudge for years, and maintaining contact with a group that I considered unhealthy enough for me to make me leave it is not respectable. It's childish.

How about anyone else? Would you prank call a former employer 5 years after the fact? Or attempt to cause problems or insinuate ideas to encourage negativity?

Goodbye indeed.

Before I read what you guys posted I'm going to answer
YES
if I was 20 y.o. again.... and asked to :laugh:
Working for the company with the best MMO ever? are you kidding? with my eyes close!!!!

and I don't agree with OP.

Don't forget that Entropia exist and survive for e.l.e.v.e.n. "11" years online and above 20 in development.

P.S. MindArk isn't Microsoft after all

Last edited:
Yes. I agree with the last post. If I was starting out again at 20, then I probably would. Now that I have 30 years programming experience (gasp! that long, really?!) I still get interested in new stuff. But I don't live in Sweden or Mexico. I have ideas for a similar game, but I'm just toying with them at the moment.

Heh funny drama-filled serial side stories in this thread. It's like some spanish novela or a soap opera. :laugh:

OP: theoretically? yes. In reality? probably not, for reasons stated before. The obvious flaws are obvious enough that they probably can't be addressed by the trench employees due to poor management at some level.

Just wanted to offset what Ex-Participant said.

I've worked for MA and would work there again if I had the opportunity.
Great company, great people, everyone cares and everyone is struggling and holding their breath when a new VU arrives, hoping participants like things and spend a little bit more money, so more of their very own ideas can be implemented.

Its actually pretty tough working on something you care very much about. If you do get a chance to land a position with MA, wishing to improve things with your great ideas, then be prepared to get in line. Everyone is there for the same exact reason, from Artists to the Management level.

Actually, Ex-Participant is a good example of how much employees care and how hard it can be. :)

Crazy! I would +rep Viperstrike if I could ... but he is banned again :-(

A good question he asked! Some of us already worked for MA in the past. Not as employee but with ideas (several contests) and 3D models - like my sister Jamira who made the apartment towers at Monria. (There was no payment except Akoz gave her one of the Penthouses with a pool. She sold it for kinda 6k PED ... not sure about ... ) I asked her if she would work as employee for MA and she loughed and said "NO! Even if they would pay a lot of money I won't."

I agree for my part. We joined an impressive online game a few years ago. It's name was "Project Entropia". This game vanished. Probably other folks than elders like us still like the new "Entropia Universe". Me and Jamira don't like it anymore. At least my sister's GC doesn't work anymore ... So, bye bye MA ;-)

Skyrim ...

It offers a lot to modders. Probably MA should have a look into what the playerbase can do for a came. So "small company" is no longer an excuse for bad game design.

To admit: TESO is bullshit too - LOL!

Last edited:
Back