Chat system Tutorial

Kemp

Stalker
Society
Via Dolorosa
Benevolent Kempuh Kemp
Hey!

Is there a tutorial for the new Chat System somewhere? To be honest and I don't like to admit it; I understand shit of this new system. I sell stuff in auction but can't find the message that item such and such is sold for so many ped. I do find tons of messages of what I have put in auction. Like I don;t know that myself :confused:...
I haven't spoken a word to someone since the new system, since I even cannot seem to find the correct way to chat with soc or in general chat.

But the most important question actually is: Why?

Why on earth fix something that isn't broken and why not fix stuff which still is broken. Maybe even for a very longtime already like the taming system.
Why bother an 11 year veteran player with the need to learn how to chat again?! I feel like I have to come out of a wheelchair and have to learn walking again.

What kind of crappy prioritizing is this MindArk?

Anyway, a tutorial, a guide. Anyone? Please...

I would put out a tutorial of sorts, since I think I have gotten the hang of things, but I want to wait to see what changes will be made in this next patch.

Quick tutorial for you:

Right click on the main tab, select society.

Right click on the [Society] in the chat bar, and move to a new tab. There you can chat with your soc without having all the other garbage built in. That tab will remain when you log out, but you will have to click the [Society] in the chat window again so you can default to soc chat in that window. Also, I suggest that in your society tab, you add private messages... just right click the Society tab, and go down and select Private Messages. This way, if someone sends you a PM, you can actually see it... otherwise, it will get lost in the main tab.

As far as auction stuff: There is a blue (orange if there are messages) tab on the top left of the screen. Open that up. There you will find messages such as offline messages, auction sales, shop sales, professional level increases, etc. Once you view the messages, you can delete them, with the exception of the tutorial messages.

Hope this helps!

Thank you both so far.

Can't find my way either and honestly I don't want to put much effort in 'learning' how to use a chat function, it should be intuitive.
By the looks of the CLD income (Lowest ever for me) and tracker info (minus 17%), it isn't a great success to say the least.

those new things make me feel.... old

Back