Help: I need a tool

ermik

Elite
ermik ermik ermik
I need a simple tool that can capture loot ( from teamchat if thats the only option ) and save the loot values separate for each mob, not just for the entire run.

Basicly a parser that could read chatlog, look for mob separators ( could be a word i type after each mob etc ) and present a long line of lootvalues, also registering when no loot occours, looking at "this creature contained no loot" text.

cheers

ermik

This was built into the tracker before. Is it removed?

This was built into the tracker before. Is it removed?

i think its per hunt, not presented per each killed mob, wich makes it useless for what im doing :)

i basicly want a long list of loot values, each representing total tt loot from each looted mob.

I need a simple tool that can capture loot ( from teamchat if thats the only option ) and save the loot values separate for each mob, not just for the entire run.

Basicly a parser that could read chatlog, look for mob separators ( could be a word i type after each mob etc ) and present a long line of lootvalues, also registering when no loot occours, looking at "this creature contained no loot" text.

cheers

ermik

i was made an addon for zverys team loot calculator, but now it was removed from log file, and it is not working.

for making a capture from windows screen it is possible to make, but it lags your pc and not worth doing it ...

I have made something similar to this in a java desktop application, but its a sloppy project and I still run it from the compiler.

Has parts of OCR in it that still don't recognize all of the fonts in EU yet also(need to train the engine even more now with new fonts/sizes). I don't team generally, the idea was to detect the loot as it goes by on screen without loot window. Emphasis on idea, getting a single screenshot to do 40% translation is victory at this point.

I am hoping to have more time to work on this but the android ap and an investment irl have me pretty busy, Ill add it to the list and see if I get time to work on it, helps knowing other people like this kind of data too.

The solution I have is a little clunky though I will say, since each mob needs to be flagged on each kill, general hunts is good but areas with multiple mobs is hard to manage. Basically needs windowed mode, and when the chat detects loot, a window pops up to get your input on the mob , to gather the data (the rest is provided by chat (in team)) and send it all off as an entry into a database. I need to optimize things a bit.

Ill keep you updated when I get a chance to look into it.

Last edited:
bumping this, still looking.

PM me next time you see me in game.. I have something that might work for what you need.. or i should be able to tweak it to do what you want.

SpikE

Have you talked to 5$, ermik? I believe he runs something.

I ha e something... it's about 80% accurate but right now it is nothing something I wish to release.

Subscribing...

I'd be very interested in this type of tool.

EU Hunter did a reasonable job tracking over all returns(not individually like your after here) but as with most tools is no longer available.

I have talked to ermik in game, and have a semi working version. Hope to have a version he can test in a day or two.. but the big draw back will be the database for loot.. and mob maturies (with hp). If anyone has a simple database they wouldn't mind sending me please let me know. If anyone would like to be in on the test of this pm me in game as well.

SpikE

Reactions: jod
I dont know the value of a tool like this, but if you really want to pay for it, get a usb3 screengrabber (look up epiphan) and grab on a 2nd pc to do live OCR.. I guess a tool like that could easily fall under any of the abuse items in EULA.. Especially if you make a bot to contol the kbd of the 1st pc.. Its doable, but not something I want to get into.

I dont know the value of a tool like this, but if you really want to pay for it, get a usb3 screengrabber (look up epiphan) and grab on a 2nd pc to do live OCR.. I guess a tool like that could easily fall under any of the abuse items in EULA.. Especially if you make a bot to contol the kbd of the 1st pc.. Its doable, but not something I want to get into.

My program will not be running while you are in game. How it will work, you click start hunt and it captures the last line in your chat.log file. You can then close the program and play like you normally would. When done you load the program again and hit End Hunt and it scans the chat.log for every line after the captured line earlier. Since the game doesn't have to be up and running to get the information nothing against the eula. All we want this for is to collect data on cost to kill mobs.

SpikE

And as far as OCR, I have a working code for OCR but it doesn't like the font size in EU. For a program that i dont plan on charging anything for I dont feel the need to pay for OCR. That and I dont like to many programs running in the background which OCR would have to run while playing the game.

Decided to give it a small test run on Pop Dragons using PBR-32 + Beast amp. 32 kills and this was the returns

is a very small sample.. but some of the returns were on the extreme side.

SpikE

ps I wanted to try a few sizes so killed young - guardian (even tho old and up regen way to much for this setup).

Are you using flags in the chat log to capture the mob maturity / start shooting and looting?

But nice work.

only 1 flag.. and that is Kill:# # being the maturity for the mob your killing. You select the mob you want to kill before hand and the program will know the hp for each maturity. So starting shooting young you just need to type in kill:1 and after its looted and you start on the next mature you need to type in kill:2 and so on.

Once i get a feel for the regen speed for most mobs I might try and see if i can code it to look at dmg done and try to have the program figure out which maturity was killed.. but mobs with very close hp will be next to impossible.

Spike

Edit : this is also depend on you looting and recieving loot msg in chat window before you start shooting next mob.

Nice work Spike, I wouldn't mind testing this out :)

Awesome work mate, all for science!

cheers

ermik

Back