Alternate avatars, an issue

forgo

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Forgo Forgorth Lundain
Hello all,

Recently crafting has taken a hit in active players. This can be seen over many different items. I submitted yet another report yesterday, and I am sure more will come.

One particular group of people(lets just say.... this person) that have been manipulating the markets now on many items over the years can be seen easily doing so due to the lack of crafting players. Since MA refuses to even acknowledge this, I post it here, among the many reported cases. For people to see and judge for themselves.

An example. And how to see for yourself. You just need an auction and Entropia Life to really see any patterns.

Level 5 amplifiers.
I am making these and there is one other making these regularly at the moment. (russian name shows as ???? ?? ??? on EL, always seen on the hof list)

However, he never lists them, (in fact look at all his items he globals on...) and if you look, you can see an alternate avatar (one of) that has been reported now for ....years. He also never deals directly with miners, refuses to answer pms. So selling directly is not likely. Also , the number of amps he gets back are the number listed by alt avatar.

Time his hofs, and then time the listings, it takes him an hour to transfer the goods and list.

This is one of the items he makes, and has others list for him to keep the market strictly his, aside from diehards like me trying to keep prices down, or stay in a market that might actually get some return.

I believe this should be looked into, have reported this many times and still see no action. Many new crafters have been pushed out of the game due to the tactics used. This person or group effectively hold a monopoly on many things due to the ability to list in volume. In RCE this should not be an option, especially when the EULA prohibits multiple accounts.

Those of us with 30 slots to sell with only are being shafted, as they can list hundreds of items regularly without any problem, across many markets, while other players have to limit what markets due to space.

So see for yourself, and be warned, you do not have the same level playing field as others in this game as a crafter unless you cheat, (or in my case own prints they do not) and MA has set a precedent that this is OK by not addressing the problem.

While this may be a complaint and somewhat negative as I do not condone alts, please consider the warning in this post before "excessive complaining" actions. And please consider how this affects us all for a moment, or what it would be like for the game to see newcomers succeed in crafting for a change.

Hello all,

Recently crafting has taken a hit in active players. This can be seen over many different items. I submitted yet another report yesterday, and I am sure more will come.

One particular group of people(lets just say.... this person) that have been manipulating the markets now on many items over the years can be seen easily doing so due to the lack of crafting players. Since MA refuses to even acknowledge this, I post it here, among the many reported cases. For people to see and judge for themselves.

An example. And how to see for yourself. You just need an auction and Entropia Life to really see any patterns.

Level 5 amplifiers.
I am making these and there is one other making these regularly at the moment. (russian name shows as ???? ?? ??? on EL, always seen on the hof list)

However, he never lists them, (in fact look at all his items he globals on...) and if you look, you can see an alternate avatar (one of) that has been reported now for ....years. He also never deals directly with miners, refuses to answer pms. So selling directly is not likely. Also , the number of amps he gets back are the number listed by alt avatar.

maybe you just dont buy in big enough numbers?
when im a heavy user of level 5's i buy from this avatar, but i normally dont buy less than 15 amps at a time.
the way i made contact with him is through one of those so called alternative avatars, when i started asking for quantities this person could not handle i was referred to mr. ???? personally.
my understanding is that those so called alternative avatars are lower level soc mates of his.
not only does this avatar sell direct, i can also get the amps delivered anywhere in the universe by one of these soc mates.
i also know for a fact that mr. ????'s son plays the game, purely from meeting him on another planet mining or hunting and striking up a convo.
you also have to understand that english is not their native language, and communication can be difficult if you are not used to communicating with people that have english as a second language.

that said you might know more than i do, but what i said is what i know about this person, and my interactions with him have always been excellent.

This is one of the items he makes, and has others list for him to keep the market strictly his, aside from diehards like me trying to keep prices down, or stay in a market that might actually get some return.

and aside from my previous post this statement is BS, i can see the price of residue, i can see the price of lvl5's, i think you have some nerve claiming to be keeping prices down and blaming this avatar for having some kind of a monopoly that effects price.

and aside from my previous post this statement is BS, i can see the price of residue, i can see the price of lvl5's, i think you have some nerve claiming to be keeping prices down and blaming this avatar for having some kind of a monopoly that effects price.

Dude, do 10x alts, get 300 slots, and you will wonder what you can do. (smile.jpg)

The real issue that - MA can do nothing, except request of legal papers, etc-etc. Those can be sent, you know.

So, actually, I would like to see "premium" stuff - if you can't control it - make it available for everyone and monetize.

Dude, do 10x alts, get 300 slots, and you will wonder what you can do. (smile.jpg)

The real issue that - MA can do nothing, except request of legal papers, etc-etc. Those can be sent, you know.

So, actually, I would like to see "premium" stuff - if you can't control it - make it available for everyone and monetize.

sure, im no fan of alts, and the 30 slot limit is stupid, premium is just another rip-off, MA should improve the game and not keep trying to nickel and dime their way to success, they should focus on making a great game that people enjoy, then the money will flow by itself.
as someone who has been pointing out how their short sightedness is shooting themselves in the foot since 2009 or even earlier its MA's own fault.

as i said in my previous post, i have no idea if this avatar has alts or not, i just know that many of the things forgo said about this avatar are not true, which is why i doubted the claim about alts.

...An example. And how to see for yourself. You just need an auction and Entropia Life to really see any patterns.

Level 5 amplifiers.
I am making these and there is one other making these regularly at the moment. (russian name shows as ???? ?? ??? on EL, always seen on the hof list)...

I really didn't read all of your wall-of-text post.
I buy batches of amps directly (20-30) on a regular basis from that person, just like (I'm sure) many others do, because it is convenient for people. So check your facts. Competition is good, but piling trash on other people isn't, really.

maybe you just dont buy in big enough numbers?
when im a heavy user of level 5's i buy from this avatar, but i normally dont buy less than 15 amps at a time.
the way i made contact with him is through one of those so called alternative avatars, when i started asking for quantities this person could not handle i was referred to mr. ???? personally.
my understanding is that those so called alternative avatars are lower level soc mates of his.
not only does this avatar sell direct, i can also get the amps delivered anywhere in the universe by one of these soc mates.
i also know for a fact that mr. ????'s son plays the game, purely from meeting him on another planet mining or hunting and striking up a convo.
you also have to understand that english is not their native language, and communication can be difficult if you are not used to communicating with people that have english as a second language.

that said you might know more than i do, but what i said is what i know about this person, and my interactions with him have always been excellent.

I have also purchased lvl 5 amps from this crafter, and considering the amount of amps he does craft it would make sense if he had 1-2 additional alts to help sell the amps with the limited space allowed on auction. I wouldn't really consider this to be exploiting though, as MA takes their ped from the auction fees, and more amps on auction usually means cheaper markups for amps.

The Level 5 Amp crafters have the market because no many have the capital to break in. You need to be cycling 100000s of Ped daily, buying materials and Metal Residue to craft these buggers and I doubt the Level 5 Amp crafters do runs smaller than 1000 at a time. To play with the big boys, you need the cash to compete. They are happy to supply you directly as it saves them auction fees. 9 times out of 10 they will be afk as crafting Level 5 Amps is boring :)
There are many options for you to become profitable at. Just find your niche and put in the Ped to get the ball rolling!

The Level 5 Amp crafters have the market because no many have the capital to break in. You need to be cycling 100000s of Ped daily, buying materials and Metal Residue to craft these buggers and I doubt the Level 5 Amp crafters do runs smaller than 1000 at a time. To play with the big boys, you need the cash to compete. They are happy to supply you directly as it saves them auction fees. 9 times out of 10 they will be afk as crafting Level 5 Amps is boring :)
There are many options for you to become profitable at. Just find your niche and put in the Ped to get the ball rolling!

Wrong recipe.

Here is working one:

Create shitloads of alts, get maximum amount of slots. Craft mainstream stuff almost at zero profit, thus killing everyone. Don't list it at AH with your precious slots, because you will kill yourself, but you need to survive.

How to survive? Craft every other stuff, which selling rarely, but with better markup and list it with your slots. Time is working on you, since you have virtually unlimited amount of slots, while 30-slot person can't compete with you.

Even if your stuff doesn't sells - relist it with same price, you don't give a fuck. It will sells suddenly - fees are for newbs.

Oh, yeah - if SOMEONE appears - undercut him instanly, you don't need concurrents.

Good luck.

Back