armor decay V protection values V other items

Should the TT and decay of any Unlimited item change its effectiveness

• Total voters
omg man go back and read the origanal post ,,, im asking why armour changes its effectivenss and all other items like tools weapons and faps dont as they decay

OK, so this is all about armor then?

Does the fact you learned that the decay and protection are connected (at least in UL armor. (L) armor keeps the same protection/decay no matter the % left) change anything for you?

Long story short...

If I got it right, I think what FunkyFishy meant was that he disliked the behavior of UL armors whereby the less TT value it had, the less protection it offered.

Then he proceeded to question that since all other UL items had constant performance irregardless of its TT value, then why should UL armor then be any different?

And thus proposes a change to UL armor such that it be made constant like all the other UL items.

(Imo, he did it in a too roundabout manner that made things complicated and hard to understand...)

Just fully repair your UL armour after each hunt and you'll hardly notice any difference.
Some good things:
You have the option of keeping your armour partially repaired and have less protection and less decay.
Makes (L) armours more appealing so keeps the UL prices down (well not the top end stuff).

OK, so this is all about armor then?

Does the fact you learned that the decay and protection are connected (at least in UL armor. (L) armor keeps the same protection/decay no matter the % left) change anything for you?

if anything it makes me more confused as to why armor is the only items in game that do this and to why there not the same as any other item i likemany invest heaps in there armor only for it not perform at its best unless u keep it at full tt which i find realy unfair

Long story short...

If I got it right, I think what FunkyFishy meant was that he disliked the behavior of UL armors whereby the less TT value it had, the less protection it offered.

Then he proceeded to question that since all other UL items had constant performance irregardless of its TT value, then why should UL armor then be any different?

And thus proposes a change to UL armor such that it be made constant like all the other UL items.

(Imo, he did it in a too roundabout manner that made things complicated and hard to understand...)

this is my exact piont and my reason for the post :D thank you for putting it ina way others can understand bud

Just fully repair your UL armour after each hunt and you'll hardly notice any difference.
Some good things:
You have the option of keeping your armour partially repaired and have less protection and less decay.
Makes (L) armours more appealing so keeps the UL prices down (well not the top end stuff).

i like to do long hunts using tons of ammo and non stop killing , meaning stopping to repair my gear during a hunt sucs balls also when i used to use L shit it would break before the hunt ended as well ,, yes there are now personal tt and repair units but its still a pain in the ass to stop before that piont when the armor becomes to decayed and non effective against bigger mobs and really its not right that only ul armor changes its effectiveness in this manner when no other item does

Assuming uniform damage distribution, a set of Shogun needs to decay 7 peds to get to 95% protection (or 9.5 protection instead of 10). This is 268 full damage imp+cut+stab hits. An armor with 10.5 protection and 140 max tt (like say shogun + defence enhancer) would need to decay to 133.32 ped (or 6.67 ped decay) to drop to protection of 10. This is another 239 full damage imp+cut+stab hits.

This is of course very approximate and at the same time optimistic (damage distribution) and pessimistic (decay). Still, you are going to win 90% more hits before your armor starts protecting noticably less than it would have if un-enhanced by adding a single tier of enhancers. This is not affected by actual damage distribution.

But overall - use enhancers. Enhancers might not seem to make a big difference defence wise on lower level armors, but it ends up being a fair bit of extra hunting time before you need to repair armor. So do consider using them.

This is one reason I started crafting again, so I could make my own sets to fit the hunt.

(L) armors are superior in every way.

And imo it should stay this way, otherwise we will have 2008 all over again with everyone in Vigi , Pixie, and Grem. Unless you had the mega cash, there was no way to get into higher end hunting, now anyone can on a decent budget.

I like it this way for many reasons, from both a crafter and hunter perspective.

well think most of the thread is just people trying to understand what the op meant lol

I vote no, I think it's unfair and contrived. UL armour should lose TT with decay, but all other stats remain same till it hits 3% TT

As it is I just repair after each run anyway so not that bothered

that was done so there is max peds stuck in the TT the same way it was done when they released the huge TT value items .

what is strange is they did not yet do it to weapons ex if weapons are not max TT they do lower dmg but it will probably commes at the right time to.

is it fair ? NO but do you know any games where you pay to put clothes on ?

Back