Help: Mining depth question

Dmatrix

Stalker
Society
Crimson Devils
Perfect Dmatrix Bimbo
When choosing a Finder, if i choose one that searches for example 700 avg depth, does it only find resources around this avg depth or anything up to about this depth? In other words for resources that are usually only couple hundred meters down is it better to use a finder that doesnt look as deep? Thanks for any help.

When choosing a Finder, if i choose one that searches for example 700 avg depth, does it only find resources around this avg depth or anything up to about this depth? In other words for resources that are usually only couple hundred meters down is it better to use a finder that doesnt look as deep? Thanks for any help.

yes, when looking for less deep rescources, use a lower finder with less depth..
Still think it works like depth +- X%

You will find claims around the depth you are looking for stuff.
Lets say finder says 400m
The range of your finds will be between 200-600m mostly(I made these numbers up just for the sake of an example)

I may be wrong about this, but this is how I've always understood it to be; every resource has a required depth length before you can even find it. After you have passed that threshold there really isn't any point in going deeper.

You can find it before you have ought to be able to, but it will be on very rare occasions.

For example narcanisum, after 400-450 meters(somewhere around there..) you'll start to find it regularly. Lets say 1/2 of all claims are narc. lower than 400 meters you'll get tlyst 28/29 times and narc 1/29 times.

My experience with depth and ores. (This is just my opinion, but i have a lot of excel sheets to back up the general trend).

Every ore has % chance to find it and a minimum depth it can be found at. For example Redu might have a minimum depth of 500m. So if you use of101 your chances are miniscule as it rarely gets above the minimum depth to find it.

The deeper the finder the bigger % chance of finding it. SO with tk120 you might have a 5% chance, as with a vrx3000 you might have a 10% chance.

Its all about the probability distribution and meeting the minimum depth required

Rgds

Ace

Back