Loot algorithm exposed

It works for crafting toooo!!!!

Used the results for 50 clicks on lvl 2 ( dint forget to go incognito while i did) and got a 2k+ and a 1k pedder.

Soc wanted to hunt so again calculated which lead to the 6k pedder on the feffox.

One issue with hunting was the damn mobs moved around so needed to clear the area. Think we got it on the 7th or 8th mob.. Then a couple more hof's/globals..

Thx for the share Taco and +rep.. Please lemme know if there is a special ATH formula as well as i am sure due one :yay:

No problemo!

Working on the ATH one now...I figured that I could make more ped if I just ended up killing the ATH ones...the global and hof ones DO get a bit boring, and after 20 minutes I usually quit and go throw a bouncy ball around my house.

Yes when mobs move it does create a problem. On Cyrene, for example, the mobs move so much we had to kill the entire planet to find it! :)

take an arbitrary n (governed by position in EU, must draw an "X" on map and figure out what quadrant)
keep doing this until you get a set of 3 numbers, (long,lat, elev) (a total of n columns of subtraction)
this number is n factorial (n!)
Equation runs, giving you a position.

What this shows you is the position you NEED to go to to hunt. And kill the exact mob at that exact position!

Note the last digits are already dropped. The numbers are squirrel-zipped to the users calibration.

It looks simular to Legion's spiral system.

I finally figure something out. I would like to thank my math guy that has been helping, and those that have tested this.

Basically, what the formula says is this:
math.jpg
(I cant show all yet due to a reason)

take an arbitrary n (governed by position in EU, must draw an "X" on map and figure out what quadrant)
take n+1 (k) positive consecutive integers, can be found with right click position after death.
take those integers to the power n
subtract the lesser from the greater going down the column, forming a new column
this should leave you with a column containing one less element than before/divided by time of day (different on different planets)
keep doing this until you get a set of 3 numbers, (long,lat, elev) (a total of n columns of subtraction)
this number is n factorial (n!)
Equation runs, giving you a position.

What this shows you is the position you NEED to go to to hunt. And kill the exact mob at that exact position!

Example: pick n = 3, n + 1 numbers (1, 2, 3, 4)

k^3
----
1^3 = 1
2^3 = 8 12
19 6
3^3 = 27 18
4^3 = 64
the rightmost number is 6 which is 3! (that's 3 factorial).
if you were to continue this by adding 5^3 to the leftmost column and began subtracting in the same way, the answer after n columns of subtraction would still be 6. you can start at 1456 and the same thing would happen (1456, 877, 230). This would be the position in EU.

Note the last digits are already dropped. The numbers are squirrel-zipped to the users calibration.

Here's the equation for this bad boy in long form:

thh.jpg

This might help too:

th.jpg

I use the above pic as an actuator for the data entry.

Since I have ran these, I have had mostly multiplied loots when in the proper position. I had the math verified at the Commission, but am looking for input to add to this, and maybe someone to create it for mass usuage with app overlay, distributabler without copyright.

Let me know what your results is.

ty taco I didnt get any hofs but 3 esi's in a row I'm happy again tyvm :)

ty taco I didnt get any hofs but 3 esi's in a row I'm happy again tyvm :)

im off to go hoffin with cords for the current time. Will try out the ATH add on for the equation now taco, since we are still not sure on that last set of variables

LB

Man is everyone starting to do acid in EU really.... Here is how the loot system works.... ready ready wait for it BAM = embrace the randomness

Man is everyone starting to do acid in EU really.... Here is how the loot system works.... ready ready wait for it BAM = embrace the randomness
I don't like acid, I prefer ecstasy or molly, you know, the happy drugs :D

By the way,

Yes. This was a joke.

I googled stupid equations, and mixed some stuff together.

For the back story, I searched "funny avatars" and some other stuff and sorted by ascending date, to find some long lost names to throw in there.

The rest of the back-story on page 3 is true tho...

Last edited:
Lol....

I just came across this. I have been away from PCF for awhile...but there was no fooling on this one...anyone who knows Taco would know that this was a hoax as soon as they saw all the complicated math that is nonsense...great idea tho Taco...I love all the,"I don't get it, can you explain it to me or SEND ME A PM ASAP...I'm in-game now ready to test it!"-posts.

...and all you morons who fell hook line and sinker...remember anyone with any useful information like this would NEVER give it out...

:laugh:

Brick

Kinda explains why the lootpool is empty and Taco's enjoying a long break, apparently banging up Vegas with all that money :cool:

Kinda explains why the lootpool is empty and Taco's enjoying a long break, apparently banging up Vegas with all that money :cool:

Actually, it was the Dominican. My "entertainment fund" lasts 3x's longer there than in Vegas. :)

I just came across this. I have been away from PCF for awhile...but there was no fooling on this one...anyone who knows Taco would know that this was a hoax as soon as they saw all the complicated math that is nonsense...great idea tho Taco...I love all the,"I don't get it, can you explain it to me or SEND ME A PM ASAP...I'm in-game now ready to test it!"-posts.

...and all you morons who fell hook line and sinker...remember anyone with any useful information like this would NEVER give it out...

:laugh:

Brick

Most everyone in this thread knew it was fake and just joined in the discussion to help perpetuate the joke. I don't think anyone really believed it :) (Except for maybe a few new players, or some that didn't speak english well)

Kinda explains why the lootpool is empty and Taco's enjoying a long break, apparently banging up male hookers in Vegas with all that money :cool:

There fixed it for you.

ok
now here it is the real story ....as planned,

the algorithm to be revealed from the hatchling, to the lucky owner of the .... "egg".

Actually was planned, the little one to "shouted" the formula just once when it hatched :laugh:

real "how loot works" ( at least in mining ) was revealed somwhere in 2007, but many misseed it

mining_theory.jpg

real "how loot works" ( at least in mining ) was revealed somwhere in 2007, but many misseed it

mining_theory.jpg

You should have kept it for you... :silly2:

mining_theory.jpg

I love the "beggining of vein"...It's the only true part, cuz every drop, I beg beg beg out loud.

hey taco, since they changed the formula a few of us have still been testing. all they did was get rid of the squirrel zip function and replaced it with a Prometheus string, but the Prometheus string is squared. can you get the rest of the crew to test and then we can compare and sync the data?

tried this theory 2 nights ago and looted a mod shadow helmet thanks taco, will be trying again tonight :D

Sorry to bump this, but I am still getting asked about it :)

It WAS an April Fools Joke...it was made to not make sense. There is no secret to loot, except the secrets that people keep secret :)

It WAS an April Fools Joke...it was made to not make sense. ...

/mod note/ probably best to move it over to the 'Fun Stuff' section to make that clearer for newer members.

Back