Weekly repair skilling opportunity - 24hrs - tuesday evening to wednesday evening

Stormdancer

Dominant
Society
Bravo Three-Nil
Tarcoula Stormdancer Uluru
d
WHAT:
*Focused repair skilling in significant "afk friendly" blocs of time.

(minimum 2 hr blocs are our goal once our pilots gain experience in the process of taking damage for skillers and balancing damage taken to available repair capacity.)

*This is the fourth of a series of "shakedown" cruises. In which, we are still working out coordination systems and developing piloting expertise. The level of service provided will not be of the high quality we aspire to in the future during this training/learning period.

WHEN: 19:00 hrs EU time, TUESDAY, APRIL 8th, to WEDNESDAY, APRIL 9th at 19:00 hrs EU time.

WHERE: *Boarding from Arkadia SS ... the ship is the Pathfinder IX

*BOARDING TIME: Skilling proceeding as planned. Message Tarcoula Stormdancer Uluru or the pilot on duty for coordination of boarding times throughout the day.

Message me or a pilot for estimated docking times throughout the day and we will try to dock at times convenient for those wishing to join the ship and skill. This is one area of this project where we are learning the best ways to get things done :)

*There will be a summons sent to Calypso at approximately 16:00 hours when we are scheduled to take control of the Pathfinder IX. Pilots and skillers who wish to join us for the "slow-boat" trip to Arkadia SS are welcome to do so. Once on board I will review the guestlist with Ganzo and there may be a second summons sent to Calypso just before we begin the journey to Arkadia. Otherwise you are welcome to meet us at Arkadia SS for boarding throughought the 24 hour skilling period.

*HOW:

1. Register your interest by posting your full ingame avatar name in this thread. I will acknowledge your registration so you know I have seen it.

2. Send a friend request to Kenji Ganzo Hiroshi and request addition to the guestlist of the Pathfinder IX to ensure you have access to the ship when boarding commences.

*Out of respect for Ganzo's time I request that you have your friend request sent no later than 1600hrs, Monday, April 7th. I do not expect Ganzo to react to last minute administrative tasks, though he is free to choose whether he will or not.

Last edited:
reserved...

Pilot Flight Roster for Tuesday, April 8th thru Wednesday, April 9th

FINAL SCHEDULE

16:00 - 18:00 = Slow-boat trip from Calypso to Arkadia (Pilot: Stormdancer)

18:20 - 18:55 = Boarding for skillers and pilots wishing to board at Arkadia SS

Skilling runs:

19:00 - 21:00 = Uther Uth Pendragon*

21:00 - 23:00 = Tarcoula Stormdancer Uluru

23:00 - 01:00 = Uther Uth Pendragon*

01:00 - 03:00 = Tarcoula Stormdancer Uluru

03:00 - 0:500 = Simon theViper Bull*

05:00 - 07:00 = Uther Uth Pendragon

07:00 - 09:00 = Simon theViper Bull*

09:00 - 11:00 = Tyr HardViking Nifelheim

11:00 - 13:00 = Peter CrimsonGhost Boss

13:00 - 15:00 = Tarcoula Stormdancer Uluru

16:00 - 17:00 = Peter CrimsonGhost Boss

17:00 - 19:00 = Tyr HardViking Nifelheim

Pilots watch this space for changes.

REGISTRANTS

claudio uberlandi-mg-brasil

Deny 90 SS

Harry Meric Darkstar

Master DarkSam Corp

Serene Shen Azhora

Steveyneo Weltmeister Honsook

Feldar Dep Sedgewick

Alt Pilots/Gunners

Tyr HardViking Nifelheim

Connor Cerberus Cypress

Charley Moondog 1969

Last edited:
....bumpitty bump.... :dodge:

come and skill with us! :)

I'm interested, thanks - it'll be my first time 'repair skilling' so keen to see how it all works.

I'm currently on Caly though and might not be able to get online at the required time, but happy to work with you guys to find a suitable way for me to join later on.

Can you advise what I need to bring in preparation please?

Steveyneo Weltmeister Honsook: REGISTERED

I'm interested, thanks - it'll be my first time 'repair skilling' so keen to see how it all works.

I'm currently on Caly though and might not be able to get online at the required time, but happy to work with you guys to find a suitable way for me to join later on.

Can you advise what I need to bring in preparation please?

Hey Steveyneo :)

Welcome aboard! First please be sure to send a friend request to Kenji Ganzo Hiroshi as outlined in the first post. We are renting the Pathfinder IX from him and unfortunately MA has not given him the ability to pass authority to manage the guestlist so he has to do the actual work of getting everyone on the guestlist each week. As always I will send him a "confirmation list" to review each week so we don't miss anyone.

As to being new, we earnestly welcome that. Part of our purpose in doing this is to educate the community about repair skilling and assist those new to space and new to repair skilling in learning what they need to know so "new" is welcome.

As to boarding, you are free to board from the Arkadia Space Station at virtually any time throughout the 24 hour skilling period. If we know you are coming at a particular time we will make every effort to dock so you can board in a reasonable amount of time.

Since this is a relatively new project begun by people with a "can do" attitude and hardly a clue to start with, we are learning as we go. For now, the best thing you can probably do is message me or one of the pilots a half hour before you wish to board so we can begin working our way back to the SS and be there close to the time you will arrive for boarding. Best boarding practices are still being studied and worked out but for now that's probably the best way to go about it.

There is the "summons" that will be transmitted to Calypso, probably between 1600-1615 hrs on Tuesday, just before we begin the "slow-boat" journey to Arkadia Space Station and TG for the actual skilling runs, and any who wish to are welcome to join us for the trip. Just be advised that its a bit over 2 hrs transit time and not a lot will be happening during the trip. But, we have had some skillers catch that summons and then just park their avatars on board so they can immediately begin skilling the next day when they have time to log on again. Of course we are happy to accommodate any who might find that convenient.

In any case, I take the ship from Ganzo at that time, pay the rental fee, review the guestlist with him and then we are on our way.

As far as what you need, I suggest a bright smile, and, depending on how much time you intend to skill, probably at least 3 RK-5's and 153K of welding wire.

You may be able to plan your own needs if you understand that it takes about 3.5 hours of constant, unbroken skilling to burn out 1 RK-5 repair tool and 51K of wire, and due to the nature of skilling since we lost 0.0 repairs truly "constant" skilling is just about impossible in the context we are working with here.

As it is now the repair points can get filled up and when that does happen your tool will shut down and will need to be restarted once we start steadily taking damage again. We as pilots have now become fairly proficient at providing uninterrupted 1 hour blocs of skilling and are working to get that up to two hour blocs as our proficiency as pilots increases...still a bit of work to do there though.

Recap- what you need:

1. Empty inventory of all stackable/lootable items

2. A spaceworthy Quad-Wing or Sleipnir (w/ thruster attatched)

3. Catch the summons at Caly or fly yourself to the Akadia SS for boarding

4. RK-5's and welding wire to skill with (3 sets is probably a decent goal to start, until you find out how fast your skilling style will use them up and how hard you want to work at it over the 24 hr skilling period)

5. 2 ped for planetary re-entry fee or 7 ped for use of the teleporter back to the surface when you are done skilling and ready to leave.

RK-5's and 51K of wire "sets" will be available for purchase aboard the ship, but not at particularly cheap prices. Prices have fallen a bit since I stocked up so you are better off sourcing and bringing your own for now.

the price will be 21 ped for each set of 1 ea RK-5 and 51K of wire, probably a couple of ped more expensive than you might pay if you look around or get them from auction.

Good luck, feel free to ask more questions if I failed to address any and once again...

Welcome aboard :)

Storm

Feldar Dep Sedgewick: REGISTERED

Welcome aboard mate :) Be sure to send a friend request to Ganzo as outlined in the first post and see you tomorrow for some massive skilling gains :)

Storm

PS ask questions here as necessary. I monitor the thread fairly regularly

Well it appears these updates are becoming my personal curse :). Three out of four voyages have been affected by them and this one is scheduled to shut down the servers the exact hour I was supposed to take control of the ship and Ganzo was going to summon at Caly.

So, we're a bit up in the air now as to exactly when we will get the ship and get on our way to Arkadia SS and some skilling runs.

Cest' la Vie! :)

I'll have to see how long the update actually keeps the servers down and adjust to circumstances as they reveal themselves :) I'll update the thread as soon as possible after the servers come back on line tomorrow! :)

Storm

Keep us posted :) If I can get onboard from Caly that would be ideal.

Thanks for the thorough post above, very helpful.

Boy did I screw the pooch on the VU/server downtime conversion. *facepalm*

The servers are down now and unless the VU is just a total disaster (very unlikely) they will be back up and running LONG before our 16:00 hrs summons is supposed to be sent.

Our original schedule appears unthreatened and as of now we are returning to the assumption that we will be unhindered and on schedule in all respects.

My sincerest apologies :) See you at the summons approximately 7 hrs from the time of this post. (16:00 - 16:15 EU time, just in case my maths got the best of me again :))

Storm

Docked on time and ready for boarding. First post updated.

I would like to join skilling. My avatar name is Joko Komodo Sukijo

Hey Komodo :)

Getting involved in this week's skilling run may prove to be impossible. We are renting this ship for these skilling runs so since I am not the owner of it I can't directly manage the guestlist. Kenji Ganzo Hiroshi is the owner and he must be on line for new names to be added.

At the moment he is not on line but I suggest you send him a friend request and if he does come on line I am sure he will be willing to add you.

We are doing these runs weekly for those who need more than one session of repair skilling to meet their skilling goals, and now that we have some training under our belts we are about to move the skilling day from Tuesdays to Saturdays.

We will likely run one more Tuesday-Wednesday run like this current one and then shift to a Saturday-Sunday run April 26th and 27th.

I will be posting a new thread for next week's run in a couple of days and I would be happy to message you and let you know when it is up if you are interested in joining us in the future.

Feel free to respond here, or ask more questions.

Storm

Last edited:
Keen to sign up

Lone hottie69 Adventurer
Hoping I can join in.

Lone hottie69 Adventurer
Hoping I can join in.

Hey there :)

We're wrapping up the last few hours of this week's run but I will let you know when I get next week's thread up and running, so you can register there...and welcome aboard :)

Storm

Back