Just a thought, Adjusted, Improved and Modified weapons

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Recently we have had the opportunity to pimp our armour plates and weapon amps. This has been quite successful in stretching the boundaries to uberness.
Now, what will be next. Imagine if the opportunity arose to Adjust, Improve or Modify your gun! Take an ordinary EWE Mercenary and pimp it up to an Adjusted or Improved version. Now clearly it would have to be managed so that not everyone can get hold of the gear needed to make a Modified Mercenary, but introducing options for Adjusted and Improved would be fun. This seems the next step in MAs upgrade plans.

Recently we have had the opportunity to pimp our armour plates and weapon amps. This has been quite successful in stretching the boundaries to uberness.
Now, what will be next. Imagine if the opportunity arose to Adjust, Improve or Modify your gun! Take an ordinary EWE Mercenary and pimp it up to an Adjusted or Improved version. Now clearly it would have to be managed so that not everyone can get hold of the gear needed to make a Modified Mercenary, but introducing options for Adjusted and Improved would be fun. This seems the next step in MAs upgrade plans.

The gun market is delicate as it is (I'm sure you know this), and allowing upgrading to adj, imp , or mod would def hurt the economy most likely. I rather see this on armors instead first before weapons. For example, an adjustted liakon would be awesome. Or if you can somehow disassemble your gremlin and somehow merge it to another armor in some way (like half the acid stats from gremlin and add it to your current one). Who knows..

Eventually I think we will have some kind of upgrade system for weapons. With that in mind I've already bought a few components which I thought may come in handy sometime in the future.

Would be ONLY fair if it would take two Regular weapons to make adjusted...(and so on) otherwise ubers will just get more uber.
So if you are willing to spend 2 mercs to get 1 adjusted, or 4 mercs to get 1 imprved or 8 mercs to get one modified, then go ahead (as it is good for the market, it will take out some uber guns from circulation).

If it would just take ingredients then it would be pointless... and would make the gap between ubers and noobs even bigger (and Mayhem events would be even more biased)

So if you are willing to spend 2 mercs to get 1 adjusted, or 4 mercs to get 1 imprved or 8 mercs to get one modified, then go ahead (as it is good for the market, it will take out some uber guns from circulation).

And 2 mod mercs for a hypercharged Merc :wtg:

What if you could "overcharge" or "hypercharge" your weapon to fit a bigger amp than it normally could.

Say Overcharge can be 50% bigger amp than normally with the loss of some eco, and hypercharge would be 25% with minimal eco loss.

This would be very useful for a big portion of the playerbase, assuming its doesn't cost a left kidney to get.

Don't give MA any ideas!!! Improving existing weapons will just make things worse in market and in the competitions as the ubers will get more uber and the newbies will stay newbies for longer...

Eventually I think we will have some kind of upgrade system for weapons. With that in mind I've already bought a few components which I thought may come in handy sometime in the future.

Now, what could these be I wonder??

Thing is, weapons and armor already have upgrades, in the form of Tiering... What has been added for amps and plating is simply their "version" of some heavy tiering, pretty much

What if you could "overcharge" or "hypercharge" your weapon to fit a bigger amp than it normally could.

This could be a very interesting thing though.

Now, what could these be I wonder??

Just look around in George's gazillion estates and see what seems to be the more comon items :laugh:

On the other hand with the possibility to improve existing unl weapons, it could open a market for much bigger L weapons without hurting the price of the Unl ones too much.

Nah, take two non-mod mercs, add unobtainium and get an adjusted merc, etc. But I am not sure if this is a good idea. I am also not sure if being able to take say two parts shogun and fuse these to make a adjusted shogun would be a good idea. The same for gremlin and angel and shadow, of course. Even if these dropped more for a balance.

I think we are best served with a system fairly close to what we have now where:

1. Primary items are looted (inc as sooto) or crafted, and cannot be upgraded, except via enhancers
  2. Secondary items can be upgraded with the addition of special materials
  3. The trend in primary items continues towards limited items, with limited items being readily available at low(is) markups

I think it is better to have a steady supply of Serum(L) than people upgrading their Gremlin to Mod Gremlin with same (or slightly worse) stats as Serum(L).

I think we are best served with a system fairly close to what we have now

You raise some very good points but i have to disagree. There is a lot of pressure on MA to act and do something e.g. the continual erosion of prices of unlimited items.

Anyway looking at the bigger picture it seems to me the position they eventually need to be in is where:
* L items are completely phased out
* this will mean unlimited items should be easily available for the masses i.e. low affordable prices at all levels
* to protect the interests of players who invested in expensive gear in past they should do something. This could be upgrading of select or all items.
* in addition to all that MA need to add attributes perks to unlimited gear. We have seen this on some items they need to do more of that to more items including mod mercs

This would make it a better game for everyone. From low devel depositors to high rollers.

Problem is i don't think they can do that yet but only when conditions are right i.e. new/old systems like taming are released because then L items in loot can be replaced with other items hence making hunting etc profitable with markup items.

Having said that weapon/armour gear is one of the most difficult to predict. I guess personally i hope its something like this as it would be better for everyone.

Thing is, weapons and armor already have upgrades, in the form of Tiering... What has been added for amps and plating is simply their "version" of some heavy tiering, pretty much

This could be a very interesting thing though.

Just look around in George's gazillion estates and see what seems to be the more comon items :laugh:

BBQs?:scratch2:

You raise some very good points but i have to disagree. There is a lot of pressure on MA to act and do something e.g. the continual erosion of prices of unlimited items.

MA should do something, but the two simple things they can do is improve the experience and lessen the cost to play while promoting the game properly to increase recruitment and retention of players.
with happy and increasing participation there will be no devaluation of prices.

Anyway looking at the bigger picture it seems to me the position they eventually need to be in is where:
* L items are completely phased out

the L items are the basis of the "economy", hunters and miners gather materials, crafters craft these into L items, hunters and miners use this L items to gather materials, MA moved to L for a very good reason.
if you remove this from the system i foresee serious problems.

i think the progression system for items that existed was good enough to start with, you wanted a better item, you purchased a higher level item, and sold your old item to a "newer" player who desired this item for their own progress, this driver is good for the economy, but also depends on happy participation and good retention of players.

I think this will happen with armor before it will happen with weaponry.

the L items are the basis of the "economy", hunters and miners gather materials, crafters craft these into L items, hunters and miners use this L items to gather materials, MA moved to L for a very good reason.
if you remove this from the system i foresee serious problems.

this is little off topic, so sry:

you are right, that is the way it should go...the problem is the flood of L weapons from hunting...they should be crafted, not looted while hunting. i think they should remove the majority of looted L items, especially weapons

this is little off topic, so sry:

you are right, that is the way it should go...the problem is the flood of L weapons from hunting...they should be crafted, not looted while hunting. i think they should remove the majority of looted L items, especially weapons

Caly mining amps have monopoly, wanna put wep crafting into a hand of a monopoly too?

i can foresee this creating demand for the abundance of UL items, which in turn with raise their values. i dont see how this is a bad thing, unless you are one of the "havenots" that want everything to be tt food until you have it too.

I thought about this a bit more and perhaps we can tie crafting and tiering to make this work.

Let's say you need 2x tier 5 of a gun to make one tier 0 adjusted version, 2x tier 7 for imp and 2x tier 9 for mod. For each time you are converting the 2 guns, you would add components that are needed and make it a guaranteed success rate like tiering, giving the person to land a tier between 0-1 on their new weapon. This would give the tiering system a boost and increase the value of the tiering profession.

Back