Really weird game crashes

Kara_Katryn

Provider
Society
C.O.T.A.
Treda Kara Katryn
Maybe it's just me.. or maybe this happens to other players 2.. but I keep getting some really weird game crashes.

I usually play entropia on high graphics and I am pretty sure my pc is not a problem.
I tried repairing the game files and I tried safe mode, window mode, running the game in compatibility with different OS and so on.

My issue:

today i was trying to log in .. so that i can play u know.. but my client keeps on crashing even before loading the avatar, environment, lights etc. So basically I can't pass the login screen. It looks like it's loading the game.. but at 70% or so it just shuts down.. sometimes without error and sometimes withe the message asking me to send the info to MA.

I did write a support ticker to MA with details and stuff but their answer was that they are aware of it and that they are doing something about it.. then they closed the ticket without offering any help or info about this.

My impression is that it has to do with my ISP or so. Can anyone let me know how can I check this?

Another thing that seems really weird is that it's happening on Sundays only (at least that's what I've noticed so far) and on planet Arkadia.. not sure if it has anything to do with it.

Is anyone else having this issue? :scratch2:

As far as I know it might be down to the game servers.

You can try a repair or reinstal if you think it is on your side.

If I get that I try safe mode or switch between full/windowed in clientloader. Since last update alt-tabbing/alt-entering causes a crash as well, although it seems not anymore after clearing the shader cache. Perhaps clearing that cache helps?

If I get that I try safe mode or switch between full/windowed in clientloader. Since last update alt-tabbing/alt-entering causes a crash as well, although it seems not anymore after clearing the shader cache. Perhaps clearing that cache helps?

Tried that already :( safe-mode or not.. window mode+safe-mode.. all the possible combinations...

Now I can login and play with the 64 client but the 32 client won't even load the login screen..It's weird because I played till yesterday with the 32 client only, which allows me to take screenshots.

I am repairing the client again.. maybe it helps :)

I had been cut off oddly the last day or two myself, just a straight up client crash to desktop though.

Outside of the game:

To troubleshoot the Internet route you can ping it and trace it.

To traceroute the servers get a command prompt up and type tracert www.planetcalypsoforum.com (since we know you can get to it, replace with arkadia site/ ma site / whatever), you can also use the IP address if you know it. (tracert xxx.xx.xx.xxx)

It will go through all of the servers you hit before reaching whatever site.
As well as a time in milliseconds for how long it takes to talk to that server.

Pinging a server from traceroute or the site directly will send a continuous message asking for a reply, listing the time again in milliseconds to see if the routers are having issues. Often things go bad on routers and servers and even with redundancy the response times start jumping and letting in half of the packets thru or turning on/off repeatedly.

to sum up:
PING
open command promt
type: ping www.planetcalypsoforum.com or
ping www.planetcalypsoforum.com -t -- it will go forever with the -t
Cntrl +c to quit the stream

TRACE ROUTE
open command prompt
type: tracert www.planetcalypsoforum.com
It will go thru a number of locations.
if it stops responding, or shows *, then the router at that location is the issue.

Ping will also return the IP of the site.
If the IP of your target site is different than the IP of the server trace route stops at, then it is usually a carriers fault, not MA or ARK servers ect.

You can do a whois lookup on the internet for that broken IP and try to contact who is listed as the operator of the servers, and let them know a link is down. That is about the best we can do with those kinds of issues.

If you can get ingame:

In the past, tombtltoss? sparklers caused me to crash, I think they finally fixed that, on certain settings in FOMA the wall/hallway lighting is very buggy.
Some people here have reported certain clothing, armor pieces ect. causing issues/crashes over the years.

It may be something you are wearing or that someone nearby is wearing also since some gfx bugs seem to affect memory and can cause some odd conflicts.

I would try if you have enough time in the game to get to a secluded location, or ask MA to place you there, and see if the environment isn't a problem. Also might cut down on the processing if you are in a place that has alot of non-persistant things to draw, like in twins.

Thats ingame anyhow if a possibility....

Hope it helps

Wow, ok, thanks for the reply.

I did all this for planet calypso and arkadia.. and apparently it give me a timeout at the 3rd line for both.
on the pings for planetcalypso was 100% loss but on arkadia was 0%, so I suppose it's an issue with my ISP

Of which Ip am i supposed to do a whois? I didn't get that part.

I'm having this problems too. Right now I can't even log in...client crashes right after the name/password screen.

And btw, the stupid "crash report" still jumps every time I open the game. I just got used to it....

Sad mindark, very sad.

I was able to log in by changing from 32bit to 64bit.

Last edited:
Back