Server Downtime For Release

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Tomorrow, Tuesday April 8, the Entropia Universe servers will be temporarily made unavailable while we implement Entropia Universe Release 14.6.2.
The servers will be taken down at 09:00 UTC, and we estimate a downtime of 1 hour.

Originally Posted Here

Hopefully we dont have to change the hof ticker value every time we log in after this VU :yup:

It surely has something to do with whips and nutriobars... :whistle:
Sure, sure it has ;)
After (how many years again? almost 5? 1h downtime would seem sufficient for it ;p)

i Wonder something when they reworked the log in interface they told that now they can deliver updates more often whith out taking down the server so was that just another BS from MA ?

i know clothes wont be fixed so nothing for me in that update.

i Wonder something when they reworked the log in interface they told that now they can deliver updates more often whith out taking down the server so was that just another BS from MA ?

i know clothes wont be fixed so nothing for me in that update.
You do realize, that some updates, that happen on server side, requires them to take down the servers?
But if it were minor fixes, they can deliver straight on, like they did atleast once last week (and your client was updated on next login, without a need to logout for the update).

I can be a huge critic of MA.....there are obviously some things that can be done better. But for heaven's sake at some point someone needs to give up this ultra negativity and recognize it when MA makes some improvements.

They are updating ffs.....lets work just as hard to recognize when they are working to fix things as we work to point out the frustrating headscratchers.

And a little more maturity in how we tend to talk about the problems would be refreshing too....like CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and feeback?

It would make this whole forum a lot more pleasant place to be.

Storm

Where can we see the release notes?

You do realize, that some updates, that happen on server side, requires them to take down the servers?
But if it were minor fixes, they can deliver straight on, like they did atleast once last week (and your client was updated on next login, without a need to logout for the update).

ok did not realy realyse it feels like evry time my client update there was server down before that.
is just curiosity i dont know if any plays eve atm seence last extention i never seen so many patches and they never take the server down is just client side. In same mayby am wrong becose eve there is down time every day...

I can be a huge critic of MA.....there are obviously some things that can be done better. But for heaven's sake at some point someone needs to give up this ultra negativity and recognize it when MA makes some improvements.

They are updating ffs.....lets work just as hard to recognize when they are working to fix things as we work to point out the frustrating headscratchers.

And a little more maturity in how we tend to talk about the problems would be refreshing too....like CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and feeback?

It would make this whole forum a lot more pleasant place to be.

Storm

like what improvements ?

i still wait for clothes to be fixed so i can take them out of storage and put them where they belongs ON MY BODY !!!

i never laged on EU before like January this year now i lag i don't call this improvement.

and you know clothes bug i was like:

1, oh damn clothes bug

then

2, mhhh there was update clothes still buged

then

3, mhhh are they thinking about fixing the bug ?

then

4, ok you dont fix i dont play

then

5, WHAT BUNCH OF BROKEN ARMS INCOMPETANT DEVLOPERS.

so see i went true all kind of feelings true 12monts and 98 days untill now so when am negative i cant realy be constructive becose they dont seem to be fixing clothes.

oh i dont give FUCK (sorry bad word) for the social interface, the blinking loot Windows just show how desperate MA is geting in tring to adict players (thank you god is not blinking red any more).

but i care about looking like SHIT for 12 months and 98 days.

so when you want "constructif" complains ask you sellf again are they Worth it ? NO they are not.

just to add search my post 2012/2013 i was the only one to support MA when 99% of the forum was against them when they released crap so dont talk to me about constructif you can only be constructif when you see the auther party making steps foward to improve thinks right now is not the case.

Last edited:
Kim said something about improvements to UI a few minutes ago on #rookie. Was too busy with pirates to copy :)

like what improvements ?

i still wait for clothes to be fixed so i can take them out of storage and put them where they belongs ON MY BODY !!!

i never laged on EU before like January this year now i lag i don't call this improvement.

and you know clothes bug i was like:

1, oh damn clothes bug

then

2, mhhh there was update clothes still buged

then

3, mhhh are they thinking about fixing the bug ?

then

4, ok you dont fix i dont play

then

5, WHAT BUNCH OF BROKEN ARMS INCOMPETANT DEVLOPERS.

so see i went true all kind of feelings true 12monts and 98 days untill now so when am negative i cant realy be constructive becose they dont seem to be fixing clothes.

oh i dont give FUCK (sorry bad word) for the social interface, the blinking loot Windows just show how desperate MA is geting in tring to adict players (thank you god is not blinking red any more).

but i care about looking like SHIT for 12 months and 98 days.

so when you want "constructif" complains ask you sellf again are they Worth it ? NO they are not.

just to add search my post 2012/2013 i was the only one to support MA when 99% of the forum was against them when they released crap so dont talk to me about constructif you can only be constructif when you see the auther party making steps foward to improve thinks right now is not the case.

And your constant whinging to all the people who can't fix your problem accomplishes.....umm...well...exactly...what?

Hit MA with a support case a day if it is that important...and I can see to many it is. Direct your energy with a positive purpose

Hopefully we dont have to change the hof ticker value every time we log in after this VU :yup:

Someone told me to set your ticker as you see fit and then log out the slow way and it should be saved. I always click log out and *get me out now* LOL.... and since I decided I wanted the ticker now and just placed in a better place I really never did try that out

oh all of a sudden and everything for me in my inventory I can see things just fine, but when I double click to look at info and the picture up close, everything in the picture is like NOT THERE. It's driving me batty. Roni can see his stuff fine, for me it's all blank and yes I tried to relog, my graphics are set same as his, very high, we both have the same graphics card so I just don't get it. Also did a repair.............. ugh..... it does/did this with certain things on auction, now it's doing it with everything on auction. Not sure if this has anything to do with my getting stuck in some kind of bug in the Ark underground or not where I was actually under or should I say half way above ground and half underneath it, but things just were not the same since. :(

oh all of a sudden and everything for me in my inventory I can see things just fine, but when I double click to look at info and the picture up close, everything in the picture is like NOT THERE. It's driving me batty. Roni can see his stuff fine, for me it's all blank and yes I tried to relog, my graphics are set same as his, very high, we both have the same graphics card so I just don't get it. Also did a repair.............. ugh..... it does/did this with certain things on auction, now it's doing it with everything on auction. Not sure if this has anything to do with my getting stuck in some kind of bug in the Ark underground or not where I was actually under or should I say half way above ground and half underneath it, but things just were not the same since. :(

Try this:

1. Open Item Info Window.
2. See the group of 3 icons at the bottom left? See the little down arrow to the right of them? (Mouseover says "next set"). Clik on that arrow twice. This will bring up another group of 3 icons.
3. Clik on the leftmost of the new icons (Mouseover says "Show item").

Do you now see the item?

If your clothes look as if it was shredded and lowered to the toilet, you need to know, it is not a bug it is a feature.

Your lovely MA support :laugh:

Where can we see the release notes?

AFTER the servers go down. In a Real Cash Economy you want to have information that may affect player decisions available to everyone so they can act at theoretically the same time i.e. when the servers are back up again.

Try this:

1. Open Item Info Window.
2. See the group of 3 icons at the bottom left? See the little down arrow to the right of them? (Mouseover says "next set"). Clik on that arrow twice. This will bring up another group of 3 icons.
3. Clik on the leftmost of the new icons (Mouseover says "Show item").

Do you now see the item?

Signing in right now to see if this works

........:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: Thank you so much, that worked........

Server went down on 1 minute left, i had a few shots left on a prot old, incompetent bastards!!!

I was just finishing with a Leviathan Old.

I was watching the clock and according to the count down, I had time left.... its frustrating.

Crap sever went down right after I left arkadia to calypso with over 10k loot and thought it was safe... thought it was a false message... :p

Tomorrow, Tuesday April 8, the Entropia Universe servers will be temporarily made unavailable while we implement Entropia Universe Release 14.6.2.
The servers will be taken down at 09:00 UTC, and we estimate a downtime of 1 hour.
According to my clocks and this website the time is now 08:51 UTC .

Or am i going nuts ?

Or am i going nuts ?

I think 08:51 is ingame time, then there is this website wich i think is UTC+1 hour. And then we have VU´s wich is just UTC time.

Or am i going nuts ?

ON facebook (like 10 hours before appearing here) they wrote 8 utc for update start

Or am i going nuts ?

haha...I was wondering the same thing :) but hey..my client launcher just began updating :)

time conversions have been unusually challenging for my tired brain today so I wasn't sure :)

Ahh my 10k loot is good lol...

Back